Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Naruto (RP thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
frightorflight said:
--------------------------------------------------------
Outside she noticed someone exchanging pleasantries with Kan a they passed in the twilight. It was none other than the "Bad Luck Ninja" as her squad mate called him. He had been a small controversy in the village because of his odd and sudden return to shinobi work, and his apparently disturbing use of jutsu during the preliminary eliminations. He was one of the "freaks". He looked normal, he was older, taller, yes but he didn't look or feel like a cruel person, or bad luck. The only thing off about him was that he didn't wear one leaf village band but four, on his head arms, and one thigh.
"Afternoon." He said as he passed her to go into the restaurant.
--------------------------------------------------------

As she exited she sighed and looked at the city that she called home, a village full of 'freaks' as her teammate called them. Then again she really wasn't much different, with the monster she held...one that could tear the city apart and lay waste to the population, she shook her head to clear her thoughts. Then she spotted the 'Bad Luck Ninja' as some called him, he seemed like an ok person to her, then again she never got to know anyone really. As he headed to the restaurant he offered a polite greeting, and she returned the favor, "Hello there," she said softly as she headed down the street not sure where she should go.

She just mostly ignored everything as they finally walked in and sat down, giving off a sigh as she leaned on one arm, " hmm...wonder if I've been here in a long time..." as she looked over for a moment, " I'm just gonna get my usual thing that will give me a good food coma and make me lazy for the next few hours...." giving a small joke as she waited to order.

" shut up and deal with it then!!" She yelled frustrated. " you don't know my struggle, yeah I'm more destructive than anything but still!" As she hung her head down and clenched her teeth trying to hold everything back, " try being put in my position...for me it's not easy to change even if I am trying to...."

Riy chuckled. "You talk like we have been in this village our whole loves and not just over a few weeks. Besides if you pass out into a food coma you might miss more special training with sensei." Their instructor turned her head. "What are you taking about?"

"Grow up. Everyone has struggles your no diffrent and your not special for that. The question is what are you going to do about it. You cant wone about not having feiends because you try to blow them up obe mibute then talk about how horrible it is to be destructive the next. Get over it and overcome it." He said firmly, thought not hardhly. He wasnt chastizing her. He wanted her to learn to deal with her problems and find soultuons, not ust throught fits all the time.
---------------------------------
"Well that depends. Have you tried to get any?" There instructor replied. "You saw them all in the preliminary eliminations. At least I assume you did." She said accusingly.
As soon as the wave of mist rolled over, Z's mind began calculating the possabilities. He knew Hijiri was probably going to use his Kekagenkai and he had to be ready. He knew this mist worked both ways though. He moved himself and his hands signed for a mist mirage jutsu.
It was a cool and well lit night, the streets were not busy and the stars were out on display in the sky. It was peaceful, like a calm before the storm. Tomarrow would be the final stage of the chunin exams and things would undobtedly be dangerous, even lethal for those participating.
"Something bothering you?" It was Kai Shizaro asking. "You seem a little uncertain."

" what more than just a few days is forever..." she sighed with a stretch as she waited a bit before she would order then. " I'm mostly lazy through this already, I want to use that bomb attack again, I love when they don't know what's in this thing..." looking over at the covered body she was holding with only being able to see brown hair on the top. " my face crumbles to show a puppets face that would say like, " congratulations, now die or like saying that they did get me...wrong..." thinking about some phrases to say for that. " switchbait is best..."

Suddenly her face began to change as she looked up and leaned back, " jeez I'm bored...." complaining as it seemed she switched to a casual personality oddly. " don't even know what to do after this..."

"the things they display there are well and good for the start of the match, but i like to know the way they think. habitual fallbacks, penchants for specific weaponry. get into their head and you always win."

Hijiri closed his eyes concentrating on feeling the gentle changes in movement of the air current from living things around him. Hijiri charged silently towards Zhaou weaving signs as he moved causing two water clones to appear on his sides. The two clones silently moved to form a pincer movement. Hijiri then formed more hand signs as he shot multiple water dragons at Zhaou while his clones charged swords drawn.

"If you spent as much time strategizing as you do saying how lazy you are you would be almost as good as me." Said her instructor. "Kitsune Udon please, and some hot sake."
"I'll the barbecue and some fried rice on the side." Said Dajin.
"Dumping soup." Said Riu. "What about you our new squad pervert." She teased.

He sighed, and just like that she was completely off topic. "After what?"
--------------------------------
"You're thinking like a genjutsu user. Well the finals don't start until tomorrow. Still got time to do some spying. But first, food." They went into town to a restaurant that seemed popular among the out of towners and locals alike, at the door they passed Kai Shizaro, the oldest testing ninja who was already in his mid twenties. Inside they found the sand ninja at the Bar, including the puppeteer girl.
"Don't burn up all your Chakra like Ruka did." His instructor warned. "Remember, Z is a distance player and fog goes both ways too."
Ease for their instructor to say. He fell on his back to avoid the two water dragons. A swiping strike to drop them off their feet and then a strike down took out the clones, he rolled back over his shoulder just in time to avoid a strike.
"Don't worry about them. You could loose the first match and be the only one promoted, or be the last man standing and the only one not. It's all up to the Hokage, if you'll take my advice, have a good meal and get some sleep, that will help you the most." He smiled and waved goodbye as he started to walk away. "Besides, you have Uchiha blood right."

the last sentence by the infamous ninja of misfortune certainly stuck in Sutei's mind, if she was indeed an uchiha that usually opened the door to a phone book full of issues.

she certainly held herself like one he judged, no doubt putting up a front of unbeatable uncaringness...

he interrupted himself, overthinking single sentences was not his style, and he was hungry, now was time for food.

You weren't mad when I was lazy this morning, you enjoyed it I bet..." giving a wink to Roy with them being naked together this morning in the bath. " I could go for the springs or something, I think we should before and after maybe..." soon she threw her hands up as she yelled, " unagi over rice..." starting to laugh as that was her most favorite thing ever. " I'm gonna come here everyday if they have this damn thing..." turning back to them with a sigh as she put her chin on her arms on the table.

"Well I'm here..." she simply said rolling her eyes again as she laid back seeing that he didn't even pay attention to his surroundings. " I wonder if I can go out for a bit.." wanting to walk a bit outside but not caring if she would be alone though.

Riu blinked. "whats the matter now? You're so moody lately, people are going to start confusing you with that dragon girl." She joked.

"We can go as soon as you're ready." her instructor admitted. "But you really need to get your act together. Or one of these days it's going to cost you." He warned her. he cared about her, like he did all his students, and he understood she was a special case, but special or not she needed to learn control.
------------------------------------
"Alright food!" Said Fukua. he took a seat next to the sand ninja Haruki at the bar and called for "Barbecued pork and lots of it. Their sensei made a more modest request for a salad of some kind and so did her daughter Shishi.
"Eat up everyone, the final exams are tomorrow." Said their instructor." Several others where in the building as well. Squad mates of Kai Shizaro as well as the Uchiha girl, and others who hadn't made the cut.
------------------------------------
Suddenly caught up in it. He found himself unable to move and was just suspended there. Crap. he shouldn't have let himself get pinned down for that moment. Now he was stuck.

Sutei quietly ordered himself a few sushi rolls and took a seat net to Fukua's other side.

"where do you even put all that stuff?"

deciding to let it be he looked around his eyes swerving over the genin teams that were disqualified by now, only the best remained, be it tactically, strength wise, raw skill or dumb luck... though the latter category didn't seem to be present this time.

"it'S definitely going to be a show no matter what happens now."

"What I'm a perv, if I see something good then what.." giving a shrug as she looked around. " so shower and maybe sleep from a good coma..." wondering what to do next as with the time of doing nothing before the exam she would try to not do much and mostly be lazy than anyone else of course. " I just want the damn fights to start since the training has been boring and well everything has been already."

" every fight is gonna cost you..." rolling her eyes as she sat on the side of the bed. " at least tell me something I don't know..." hating all the stupid lectures since they were the same thing about controlling herself. " When I can't I can't ok..."

"Do you like anything besides fighting Haruki? Maybe you should take up a hobby, like flower arranging, origami, or maybe an instrument. You seem to like plucking strings already. Seriously, there is more to life then fighting." Riu said. "Maybe we could start a knitting group together and we can make sweaters." She said and chuckled. "Besides, you don't know whats coming tomorrow so don't be so eager."

"So your making excuses now, fine, get dressed and lets get back to the inn, you're going to need your rest for tomorrow, heaven alone knows I'll never hear the need of it after your done with whatever poor sap you fight."
-----------------------------------------
"Yea, and you'll all get to watch as I sweep the floor with everyone." Fuka bragged and then chuckled to himself before going back to eating.
"Lets all just be careful tomorrow." Said Shishi. "This could be very dangerous and I don't want anyone to get really badly hurt."
----------------------------------------

"Hijiri, how do you expect him to say uncle when he's trapped in a bubble of water?" Said their instructor with deadpan humor and through his hand up, calling the match. "Very good, but next time just finish it, you don't have to kill someone to disable them, knocking them out will do that trick, and if you give them the chance to surrender you might regret it. if Zhaou was more on point today maybe he would have shown you that. "Zhaou, your weakness in close quarters comes out, your good if you have time to think but through too much at you at once and your a sitting duck, fix it."
"Yes Sensei." He said.
"Alright, everyone, lets all get back to the in, get a nice hot bath and then get some rest, the final exam is tomorrow after all."

"very dangerous is a good description Shishi, i don't think everyone in the finals will be as considerate as we were at our spar."

he finished his own meal, getting up soon after.

"and look out tonight, it's not out of the question that some more ruthless teams will take down the competition less officially."

Well the pervy stuff." As she gave a shrug, " food and shower...ill probably have that tonight." Crossing her arms waiting for something to do.

She just laid back not really listening, taking her things and standing up to go for the bathroom a a moment before coming back out and showing off her wings as she stretched. And slowly tried to walk before leaning against the wall. " I still feel a bit weird.."

PART II THE FINALS

(Post number five at the bottom is for everyone)

Nothing else came for her to do that night when she was in the shower though she felt a pair of arms wrap across her middle from behind and a head leaned in her shoulder.
"Look Haruki," Said Riu's voice "I know you cat like the big tough girl who doesn't care and just wants to fight, but be careful out there okay tomorrow okay. I know you want to win, but your going to be fighting some dangerous people, some just as good as you and maybe better. I want you to win but don't overextend yourself okay?" She then gave her a kiss on the cheek and left her to her shower. The next morning they were all woken up by their sensei and given a little breakfast. before going to the stadium for the final fights of the Chunin exams.
"Well be cheering for you from the stands Haruki." Said Dajin, "Knock them dead." Then her squadmates and her instructor went up into the stands and she went out into the arena to stand with the rest of the finalists and look down with thousands of other spectators on them, and the fights they would wage.

"That's probably just whatever medicine they gave you working it's way out of your system." Said Saku. he himself was bandaged up, having been hurt in their ill fated ambush earlier. "Well it's a good thing I was out anyway, because I wouldn't be competing in this state."
"I guess that means just you and me angel." Said Gotsu. "Ready to get promoted?"
Their sensei treated them to a good meal, but woke them up very early the next morning to give them a lecture about commitment, responsibility, and appreciation of the honor they would be given if they achieved the rank of chunin. Then they went to the Arena and Gotsu and Himitsuri stood in the Arena along side their fellow competitors for the rank of chunin as the crowds, and the Hokage of the Hidden Leaf Village, looked on.
----------------------------------
"Don't worry about that you three." Said their instructor. "I'll make sure you sleep soundly, just be ready for the fight tomorrow." She gave them a motherly smile as they walked back to the inn. "You know this year you have a very tough crowd to fight against, use your skills, and be careful to watch for your opponents weaknesses. I have no doubt all of you can make it through and become chunin as long as you have the will to fight and are smart about how you do it." The next morning they had a nice full breakfast of fruit and rice, provided by their instructor, then went to the arena. "I'll be watching you guys from above, Shishi darling, don't disappoint me." Shishi looked a little despondent and nodded as the trio joined the rest of the finalist in the arena.
-----------------------------------
"Come on you two get, up, don't want you to oversleep." said Z, shaking his two squadmates awake. He made up a quick breakfast while they showered and dressed. "You know, I was tough competition yesterday. But, out there on that field it will be even worse, you two watch yourselves. I want you to win but I would rather you come back as completely put together as when I sent you out there, don't loose an arm and a leg or anything okay?" Then a little less serious. "I'll try to watch your fights but if it's to boring I'll just take a nap so you know." A few minutes alter their instructor came. "Are you two ready, he said looking at Hijiri and Ruka, then they all went to the arena, and whatever fate may hold. On the way they passed Kai Shizaro, another competitor, going in the opposite direction, but strangely he was already there when they arrived.
----------------------------------
"Niri, Niri, Nirina wake up!" Takeda shouted and hammered on her window. "You only have 45 minutes you dope, you overslept get moving!" He shouted at her. He was waiting for her by her front door and went with her as they rushed to the arena. "Great way to start the day isn't it." he grinned at her as they dashed to the stadium. As they stopped by the finalist entry he gave her a quick pat on the shoulder. "Good luck out there. I know you'll win but just be careful," he started to make for the spectators entrance "and don't make everyone else look to bad." He found a seat as close to the arena as he could get and stood up and waved proudly to her from the stands.

The same Hyuga Clan woman who had been managing the second round was present this time. "Alright everyone listen up because this is how it's going to go. There will be five rounds of combat, the finalist of each fight going on to the next round until the final two. These fights will be watched over by a referee and the fight will be called once it is obvious who the winner is. That being said, permanent injury and death is possible and even likely as there are no limits to what weapons and tactics can be used during these matches, though we encourage you not to use tactics specifically designed to kill your opponent. Any attempt to continue the fight after it is called will result in your disqualification. The first fights will be Hijiri of the Mist against Sutei of the Mist. Nirina of the Leaf against Himitsuri of the Grass, Ruka of the Mist against Shugo of Grass..." She listed off all the rest of the names for the fights. "Because of the large number of contestants this year the fights will be broken up across this arena and four smaller ones, Hijiri and Sutei will stay here for their fights, the rest of you will follow a proctor to your arena's in a moment. Now any questions... fine. Good luck to you all." Then their proctors led them away.

(So here is how these fights will go, you will be fighting each other and I expect you to play a fare, don't come up with an excuse for avoiding every hit take appropriate damage, don't go OP and when you're beat know you are, I will be moderating because I know that you all want to win. I am also introducing a chakra limit, so be careful how many and what kind of jutsu you use because I will be assessing this chakra use based on how you're characters have been plaid thus far and I will begin to tell you when you start to run out and how much it effects you. You can loose because you use it all up and pass out so be warned. No one will die in this but they may be severely injured. I will be motoring the fights and refeing them the best I can and for these parts you do not have to wait on me and you can reply as soon as your opponent does. Just as a rule now I think any interactions between players can happen without me GMing them, accept actual fights, If there are any questions or disputes just send me a note to avoid OOC clutter. if there are no questions let the games begin.)

Nirina looked to the person she would be facing as the woman spoke and tried to figure what the girl might have in store. Turning back she had to think of her own plan, obviously her Sharingan was her best asset as well as utilizing her chakra into offense. As the woman told them to follow proctors she headed over to hers and continued to try and think of a plan, with her chakra needles and lightning style being her best best. Though...she worried, if she got too hurt or used too much chakra, it could come out, and last time it did she almost killed someone. She looked back to her opponent, the girl was odd indeed, maybe Nirina would have to let her face the beast...is that viable?

Sutei had rested well and was as prepared as one could be for the coming fight. Having overheard the introductions he looked over at Hijiri, a fellow mist Ninja promised to make things interesting at the least, this time his bombs would hold no harmless glue either.

Ink was the medium by which fate is decided. he intended to prove it.

She just continued to wash herself mostly ignoring it with a sigh as she sat in the tub and leaned back thinking about everything before finally coming out and sleeping for the night. As the next morning came, it seemed they got ready faster than usual as she eventually did and getting ready as they finally headed out together. Eventually they made it to the stadium as she was standing in the middle of the stadium seeing that it was much much much bigger than she thought as she mostly ignored everything she said and just waited for things to started.

Himitsu mostly ignored all the lecturing though took some of it for good advice as she got ready herself with everyone else before finally making it to the arena where she would actually be someone to fight again and a bit surprised it was so soon as well as her tail swayed behind her and her wings flapped a bit with her armored form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom