What is Life's Greatest Illusion? ~*1x1 Sengoku/Skyrim rp for DarkMudkip and Jikkah*~

That night, long after the sun had set and all but a few were in their beds, Amaya waited in the spot she had told Sildriel about, a dark cloak made of ratty fabric keeping her mostly hidden in the shadows.

Amaya wiggled her toes as she waited, pulling the cloak tight around herself and making sure none of her hair was sticking out from under the hood.

"Hey." Sildriel's voice called quietly. The potion hadn't worn off yet, but she could see his silhouette shimmering in the moonlight, "I honestly thought you were lying at first.." He whispered.

Amaya sprung to her feet silently, moving over to Sildriel so they could whisper without the difficulty of straining to listen.
"Why would I lie?" She asked, just barely managing to make out his form, not wanting to bump into him or stand uncomfortably close.

Amaya made a face, her expression becoming serious. "He's right y'know." She said quietly. "All girls are snakes in disguise." Then she smiled widely, laughing softly. "Just kidding."

Sildriel chuckled before the potion finally wore off. He cracked his knuckles and sat down, patting in front of him so she would do the same.

Amaya sat down in front of him, tucking her feet underneath herself, watching Sildriel with excited eyes.

Sildriel thought for a moment before using his magic to make a tiny frostbite spider appear in his hand. It was no bigger than his palm, cleaning its face and eyes.

Amaya gasped and watched the small spider with a soft grin before reaching a hand out to gently touch it. "I've only heard about illusion magic before, is it true you can change how you look?"

"That's amazing." She said, then fell quiet for a minute before speaking again. "How did you learn magic? Did your mom teach you?"

"I, uh...I taught myself..." He answered bashfully. "My master has some old tomes in his library that I skim through when he's too busy to notice..."

"You taught yourself? Really?" She sounded shocked. "That's amazing Sildriel..!" She said. "I can only do some basic restoration magic, but I've never been able to do anything fancy."

He furrowed his brows, "How do you know my name?" He asked curiously. He looked a little suspicious of her now, taking a moment to look around for anyone that would be watching.

Amaya froze, her smile falling from her face and she looked down at the ground. "I was, um... I was eavesdropping on you when your mom said your name.. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude, I just, I saw your magic and I wanted to get a closer look! Honest, I swear!" Her cheeks were flushed with embarrassment and she didn't seem to be lying to him, but still the situation was suspicious.

"I'm really sorry." She said again, giving him a meek smile. "If anything, I really like your name. It's nice."

"Thanks..." He said. He scratched the back of his head, "Your name is really odd for a Dunmer...so I went looking to see what it could be? And it's from this race of people called Aka...Aki..." He scrunched his face to think better, "Ah-kah-veer-ee? Yeah...I think that's right. Anyway, I think it's neat your master's gave you such a cool sounding name."

"Thanks." She looked down at the ground and ran a finger through the dirt. "They're an old Akaviri couple, they're ok I guess, they're not too mean... I didn't really have a name when I came here so they named me." She gave a shrug, not looking too bothered by the subject.

"I like it." He told her, smooshing the frostbite spider and pulling his hands apart slowly, multiple butterflies fluttering out and dancing around them.

Her cheeks flushed and she glanced at Sildriel, then at the butterflies around them. "Thanks." She whispered. The two spent a few more hours outside, talking and joking, returning to their respective homes once they both got tired.
They met like this many times a week, for a couple weeks, Amaya sometimes bringing Sildriel potions in return for books to borrow, even if she couldn't read them.
Sitting out under the stars that could hardly be seen under the city lights, Amaya sat beside Sildriel, looking at the pictures in a book about trolls.
"Have you ever been to Valenwood?" She asked suddenly, closing her book and turning to face him.

He shook his head, "No...but mom says it's beautiful and she wishes she could return there..." He answered, "She says the trees are taller than the Blue Palace in Solitude and they migrate all the time, so her family was always on the move." He laughed a little sadly, "She says her husband was eaten by a Werevulture..."

Amaya blinked and set her book down carefully, shifting herself so she was facing him entirely now. Something he said caught her attention. "Her husband? Did she remarry?" She blinked, a soft frown tugging at her face.

Back
Top Bottom