Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Er ist wieder da

A 2015 German comedy with the premise that Adolf Hitler wakes up in 2014 at the historical place of his Berlin bunker, instead of having died in 1945. Both extremely funny as a mirror put in front of people of how easy a mass of people can be influenced.

The Good Liar
Queen and Slim
Judas and the Black Messiah

As someone who didn't grow up with Sega and the Sonic franchise, that live action film was still very good--no nostalgia involved in my approval. I think "there are no good video game movies" can die after that one.

As someone who didn't grow up with Sega and the Sonic franchise, that live action film was still very good--no nostalgia involved in my approval. I think "there are no good video game movies" can die after that one.
Weird!
I watched that this morning in a "ah, what the hell..." moment. I didn't really play the video games so there was no attachment to the character other than being aware of him.

It was a fine movie. Fun. Got a few laughs out of me. Honestly, it's a movie about a hedgehog who runs really fast. I think they nailed it.

Weird!
I watched that this morning in a "ah, what the hell..." moment. I didn't really play the video games so there was no attachment to the character other than being aware of him.

It was a fine movie. Fun. Got a few laughs out of me. Honestly, it's a movie about a hedgehog who runs really fast. I think they nailed it.
That is weird!

Absolutely agreed; I think it made good money. Hope the sequel resonates just as well: Fun, a few laughs, true to its source.

Deerskin (2019)
A french horror/comedy in which a man apparently leaves his life behind to buy and own a deerskin jacket, giving him "killer style".

If that synopsis alone doesn't draw you in, we can't be friends.

The Florida Project (2017)
It's a slice of life (no, really -- the HBO synopsis used those words) about a single mother and her daughter who live in a motel near Disney World.

Amazing acting from basically everyone involved. Especially the woman playing the lead even if it was a very, erm ...gritty take on what it's like to live the life of someone less fortunate in modern America.

7/10, would recommend.

1BR on Netflix, certainly worth a watch if you're interested in psychological horror and darker themes.

Brotherhood of the Wolf.
It's all DeRe's fault.
(Relatively) high budget French 18th century madness from the early noughties, featuring strange cults, sinister nobles, lovely frocks, kung fu, and a beast on the loose in rural France. And lots of Monica Bellucci being sexy and/or naked, if you like that kind of thing. Mad but entertaining (if a bit too long - but most movies are these days).

Back
Top Bottom