Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Halloween (the original one) at a drive-in theater. It's better than Rob Zombie's terrible remake, but that's barely deserving of praise.

Re-watched Bloodsport with some folks who had never seen it. It's even cheesier than I remembered.

The Killing of a Sacred Deer (2017)
Dir - Yargos Lanthimos (of the Lobster fame)

It was ... interesting. It follows in the theme of these new Horror movies in which traditional horror tropes are abandoned and the fear/horror/whatever becomes dependant on themes, character interaction and alienation of viewer vs participant.

It's a very strange story, told in a strange way, set against a VERY odd backdrop. Reminiscent of a dream where the ordinary exists through television, parents, family dynamics but everything feels a bit ...off.

Not a movie for everyone. Not a horror flick for everyone, even. Gorgeously shot and opens conversation and interpretation upon finishing.

6/10

Going from my Netflix binge-a-thons, the last one I saw was Batman: The Killing Joke. From what I saw from a "legal" standpoint, it was Sonic The Hedgehog. Didn't think I'd like either of those since one had a metric assload of padding and the other would've been painfully generic as all hell, maybe something that would be just suited for the younger demographic of today's generation. Both however, ended up as pleasant surprises that hit all the important story beats and all, but truth be told, I'd still say that TKJ could've used a trimming or two. Times three.

Anyway. Both movies are surprisingly good. Should go watch 'em. Maybe buy 'em if physical releases are still a viable thing.

WW84. There was a period where it was a bit slow but overall, I enjoyed it as much as the first film.

Coco. A 2017 animated film about a Mexican boy who wants to be a mariachi, but because of family history any kind of music is forbidden in his family. He discovers he can travel to the lans of the dead, to get the blessing from his long lost great-great grandfather. Absolutely brilliant.

I keep trying to watch WW84 but the video is all choppy every time I open the stream

giphy.gif

So the actual last movie was Love Actually.

Back
Top Bottom