Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

A female friend dragged me to see it. Never saw the first one. Still unsure of what happened.

The last movie I watched was Top Gun, which someone was using to show off their new OLED TV. I was pretty surprised by just how good it looked.

I saw The Mule recently. Not a bad film, but a bit too full of contrivances for my tastes - very few consequences to the protagonist's drug running were shown, and supposedly hardened criminal types were somewhat implausibly accommodating, even when their plans went off the rails.

I don't go out to the movies much, but I recently saw Venom when it was still in theaters and I'd say that it was a pretty decent movie. c:

Been on a huge Star Wars kick recently. Finished the Prequel trilogy so now I'm working my way through the original trilogy.

Finished A New Hope not that long ago.

I saw The Mule recently. Not a bad film, but a bit too full of contrivances for my tastes - very few consequences to the protagonist's drug running were shown, and supposedly hardened criminal types were somewhat implausibly accommodating, even when their plans went off the rails.

Can't believe how long Clint Eastwood has been acting and directing movies. He's a living legend.

I think last one I saw in full was... The Favourite. But, just in general, then I started watching Only Lovers Left Alive last night.

Watched Handmaid's tale the movie last night. Gosh the costumes are awful, esp. women. And the end is more faithful to the book, I'll say. I much prefered the show, but I liked it anyway since I'm such a fan.

Red Sparrow - I don't know if it's what they were hoping for but I was really turned on by JenJen's rape and torture! Rest of movie was pretty meh, would have been better if it was a Black Widow story!

That would be The Nun. Hadn't seen it yet and people found out about it and semi-forced me to watch it. I really don't like ghost movies...

For me, it would be Dragon Ball Super: Broly.

Gonna be honest with you. With this movie clocking in at a paltry hour and 40, it's gonna be blink and you miss it with how absolutely frantic this movie gets once it gets going. I mean, it starts at a slow boil, but I get the impression that this was intentional on the part of the art direction and with Akira Toriyama's vision of the character of Broly himself. There might even be a few things you'll gripe about, but you'll be shocked to know how inconsequential they'll end up being if you think back to certain episodes of Dragon Ball Super, especially in the case of Vegeta.

And I know what you'll ask, but without going too much into spoiler territory, all I can tell you is that when you see Vegeta's new transformation and when you're looking to ask that question of "How", all I will tell you is this. He did it by himself. My proof is look at one particular episode of DBS where both he and Goku were on Beerus's planet to train there. The answer lies within it if you read between the lines.

Getting back on topic, the motivations for some characters are... Well... A little flimsy at best, but they're not without merit. Frieza's still a dick, so there's good news there and OOOOOOOOOH CHILD does he ever get his ass kicked! And speaking of asskickings...

The fights. Be sure to invest in a five point safety harness, a durable crash helmet and one of those neck braces that NASCAR drivers wear, because the fights in this movie go from zero to Mach 7 in the blink of an eye. The animation is as fluid as a gently babbling brook to a full on raging tsunami when shit gets crazy! And the music... OhhhHOHOHOHOHOHO! I love this movie's soundtrack! It all sets the mood from important key plot points to the anticipation of the fight itself and then when it all goes all out, it does not let up!

In short... Hold onto your everything and remember to breathe.

I watched Battle Angel Alita last night. It was not a waste of time like I thought it would be. That is all.

Spiderman Into The Spiderverse. I bought it on Youtube as a little treat to myself cuz I've been stressed lately and wow buddy was it a good time.

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

Haven't even seen the first one.

Back
Top Bottom