Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

I rented Lara Croft out of a sheer... "bleh I'm bored, and I want to watch something" mood. I was pleasantly surprised. It was fun. Poor Walter Goggins, though. That man had a face that says "I will always play the bad guy."

Hotel Transylvannia 3, in the theater. Yes, I know I'm a grown ass man, why do you ask?

It was actually surprisingly good. I mean, children's movies (because nobody makes full feature animated movies for adults, and that makes a sad panda) nowadays is pretty hit-or-miss for me: it's either melt-me-like-butter genius or an hour and a half of fart jokes. And knowing this had Sandler in it would make you think it'd lean towards the latter but it's actually pretty good and deals with some heavier themes.

And perhaps more importantly, they even managed to make a few fart jokes funny!

Sure there were a few cringey moments more like character but the animation was gorgeous and I really enjoyed the movie.

Does a documentary count? I watched Tickled and it was absolutely disturbing. What the journalists uncovered made me completely uncomfortable. It was really good and I recommend it to anyone that likes a story full of blackmail, threats, lawsuits and cyber bullying all centered around the "sport" of 'competitive endurance tickling'.

So yeah, finished some shows, started those ones: Britannia, The Expanse, The Rain, The Girlfriend Experience. Eclectic ;)
Heard there will be an American remake of Utopia (not sure why the urge to change the country but)...

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom — Lets just day that I have already ore-ordered this movie, like the day after it came out in theaters. Lmao I loved it! I laughed and cried. And I can’t wait for the third one.

Crazy Rich Asians and To All the Boys I've Loved Before.

I'm not a romcom kind of person but by God, I'll let movie producers know that I'm pining for more Asian representation in this medium if it's the last thing I do.

Wallace & Gromit: A Close Shave.
Technically a short movie at just 30 mins, but still counts as a movie.

Omg, actually I've been meaning to think up a roleplay idea based on Tau.

(For those who might not know it, it's an abduction thriller where a woman is held in a "smart house" with a particularly powerful computer/ security droid thingy responsible for monitoring and enforcement.)

If anyone wants to help jump start that process.... :giggle:

I watched Savage Streets on DVD last week.

Omg, actually I've been meaning to think up a roleplay idea based on Tau.

(For those who might not know it, it's an abduction thriller where a woman is held in a "smart house" with a particularly powerful computer/ security droid thingy responsible for monitoring and enforcement.)

If anyone wants to help jump start that process.... :giggle:

Hadn't heard of "Tau" until seeing your post. Surprised there haven't been more similar themed movies as smart houses, cars and phones seem like they have over taken society. Hehe

Solo: A Star Wars Story is great on some levels, especially in its worm's-eye-view of the SW world. I loved all the military and gangster stuff, and enjoyed the settings. But it's a letdown in most other areas. Honestly though, what is the current obsession Star Wars has for pretty English brunettes?

The bizarre, beautiful, and quietly creepy Wisconsin Death Trip. Highly recommended.

Again....Jurassic World 2. Lmao not even sorry. I’ve had the movie for 8 days and have already watched it probably 20 times. Nope.....not sorry at all.

Back
Top Bottom