Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Watched Bullet Train. Well, it went crazy really fast and didn't really understand at the beginning what was going on but I really loved it and I think I'll watch it a second time to fully comprehend what just happened there ^^

Super Mario Bros. Movie

That story didn't have time to breathe but it got the job done. Now these cowards need to make a Star Fox film right now.

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves <: i enjoyed it alot, partly bc im a sucker for DND 🙏

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

The decline in quality from Broly to whatever this is? Astounding. It's like going from Cell Saga to Buu Saga all over again. I want to tell Toriyama to just hang it up or pass the torch on to someone who gives a damn but eh, he did Broly, so he's still got it in him when it counts.

By far one of the most mediocre films in the franchise. I'd argue Bio Broly did the "old villain returns" theme better, and it's considered the worst DBZ film of all time by a majority of people.

And I will not forgive the missed opportunity of Android 17 and 18 vs. Gamma 1 and 2. Absolutely tragic.

Are we counting rewatches? Being pretty ill recently I haven't had the processing power for new films so watched an old favourite - the remake of True Grit.

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero
I saw it in theaters with my buddies last year. Liked it fair bit more than Broly, but I'm not a die-hard fan of the franchise. Plus, giving the limelight to the side-characters is nice.

Are we counting rewatches? Being pretty ill recently I haven't had the processing power for new films so watched an old favourite - the remake of True Grit.
Still have that one on my backlog. Well, the original too actually ,since now that I think about it, I've never actually seen it in its entirety.

As for myself, I've re-watched "Heat" for the first time in like 10 years. Just as good as I remember and the action scene still has hardly any peers.

The Mario Movie. Was genuinely an enjoyable and fun watch. Made a change from the ocean of Marvel I find myself drowned in nowadays.

Still have that one on my backlog. Well, the original too actually ,since now that I think about it, I've never actually seen it in its entirety.
I've never seen the original, I've got it on my to watch list but I'm waiting for the right time to watch it. For reasons old westerns only seem appropriate to watch during the day at weekends!

I've never seen the original, I've got it on my to watch list but I'm waiting for the right time to watch it. For reasons old westerns only seem appropriate to watch during the day at weekends!
Of course, what better time to watch a western than at HIGH NOON! Got any favorites? I'm rather simple in that regard — whenever I hear "western" I think "Rio Bravo".

Super Mario Bros. I liked it. Going to check our Eternals today, very behind in the marvel stuff.

Of course, what better time to watch a western than at HIGH NOON! Got any favorites? I'm rather simple in that regard — whenever I hear "western" I think "Rio Bravo".
No particular favourites. In all honesty I'm much more inclined towards more 'modern' Westerns like Deadwood (which I know is nearly 20 years old now)

Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

Went into it with the same vibe as the Mario Movie: low expectations and a hatred of Chris Pratt.

Walked out with the same vibe: still don't like Chris Pratt but the side characters made the movie.

The Little Mermaid (2023). Can safely say this is one of the best Live-Action Disney movies they've put out, I wasn't expecting much but this was very well done, and fantastic vocals and performance from the main cast, I can't believe I actually want to RP in the Little Mermaid verse because of this movie lmao.

I saw two (and one was a rewatch) :

Guardians Of The Galaxy : Volume 3. This movie broke my "no crying" streak by the midway point. I genuinely didn't think mechanical furry abominations could make me feel sad, but here we are. Could Adam Warlock have been employed as more of a threat towards the protagonists? Yeah. Are his scenes entertaining as all hell? Also, yeah.

Any movie that uses Beastie Boys in its soundtrack also gets a big thumbs-up from me. And oh boy, the scene we get to the beat of "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" is probably one of the best in the entire franchise. Loved it, somehow, it still works!

The second was Into The Spider-Verse. I have a lot of mixed feelings on this movie, mostly revolving around the fact I straight up do not care for Miles Morales as a character, and that still applies. Also, was there really a need for the other Spideys to be completely and utterly pointless? (Noir is cool).

Peter B. is probably the funniest person for most of the runtime, didn't know they could make the Hobo Divorced Dad look work and provide touching moments mixed in with tons of snark.

It sounds like I hated it. Overall, there's a lot of good, but also gratingly annoying parts of SV that seriously hold it back for me. Looking forward to the sequel, because Miguel O'Hara is in fact my favorite Spider-Man, and it seems promising!

Last edited:
into the spiderverse !!! I literally left with a headache bc I was trying so hard to focus on everything on the screen at once, I wish I could see it seventeen more times because wow the amount of passion that went into the animation and characterization I'm so smitten 😍😍😍

Extraction 2. Didn't see Extraction 1, but judging from the plot and style, it wasn't difficult to get the gist of the first movie. Like John Wick, with a greater veneer of story. I guess. Or maybe it's the other way.

Just recently saw Elemental in theaters.. to be honest, I quite enjoyed it despite the fact I'm tired of Pixar pasting faces and emotions onto everything in existence!

And honestly, Ember (fire) is really cute..

Back
Top Bottom