Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pathfinder (CLOSED)

kckolbe

Banned
Banished
I am currently setting up a pathfinder game running the Crimson Throne Adventure Path. Due to a couple of drops, we find ourselves with only three players (and me), and, to be a touch coarse, a lack of women interested in men.

This is not a smut heavy game, but I have found that group games on adult sites run a little more smoothly when everyone feels that smut has more potential to happen. Below is the original post. Please PM me or post here if you are interested. I do not care about the gender of the player, just the character.

Hello folks. I am interested in running the Crimson Throne adventure path. I am looking for a small group of active participants for this. As with all my games, I enjoy seeing a lot of discussion regarding characters and how they know each other, feel about each other, etc. I don't require class "roles" to be filled, but I don't want people designing chars without trying to consider what works with the other chars being worked on.

If interested, let me know what kind of campaigns you enjoy, any preferences regarding character types (not mechanical), posting frequency/length, and anything else you want to include.

RE: Pathfinder (Opening for 1-2 female chars)

We do still have room. Do you have any idea of what you would like to play?

I was thinking a synthesis summoner, if you're alright with that. It's the summoner class except that rather than summoning their eidolon as a separate being they summon it as a living armour around them. (I can tell you what books you can find it in once I have access to my computer, on mobile at the moment...)

I am familiar with the class and archetype, which is on the paizo site (d20pfsrd.com). I haven't seen one of those in a while.

Any thoughts on background, personality, etc? It would also help if, as you are creating, you could consider how to tie her in to existing chars, which will be posted soon, as they are nearly finished with the numbers and such.

Also, if you didn't see, you will get to create your own race (10 RP).

I'll think about creating my own race, personality depends on the other characters. Personally I was thinking a protective sort, strong warrior who puts herself between danger and the defenceless with a side of extra perversion because of the living armor aspects of synthesis summoning.

That sounds interesting and useful. I do like how she becomes a temporary tank. So does the armor have its own will still?

And I think that concept can blend with all 4 existing chars, meaning we should be good. I have Skype (kckolbe) and YIM (kcheichi) if you want to discuss her more and speed things up a bit. The IM info is for anyone else in this group who may wish to contact me there as well.

Minor intelligence I think? Not sure, would have to check the synthesis summoner's fluff to be sure. I'll get myself to a place where I can check the books and then write up a proper character sheet submission this evening, Kay?

With a spiritualist and a summoner, we'll have a lot of extra power I suppose :)

Though I am playing around with a cleric build. Will see which of the two I like better.

Feel free to PM me if you need to bounce ideas Gromnar.

The book describes the Eidolon as an individual in it's own right but as the link between them and their summoner grows stronger over repeated summonings they grow closer to the point where they even share a shard of the same soul. Mechanically though, the Eidolon is always the same alignment as the summoner, and takes on whatever shape the summoner wishes. For the sake of that aforementioned smutty side, I'm inclined to go with the eidolon as intelligent, but largely along for the ride so to speak, perhaps acting on the more subconscious perversions of it's summoner even while her conscious mind is busy with combat?

EDIT: Having looked at race creation tables, I'm thinking an interesting character concept that could tie into a custom race could have my character as an outside (or part-outsider) herself? Perhaps some magical experiment was what created her link to the eidolon and made her that way? Or perhaps she simply has the connection naturally in some way due to her nature? Sort of a 'curious alien' type of character?

If that's not cool though, I'll go with a half-elf I think.

That's a reasonable "tweak." If you want, I can play it as chaotic in that regard, and randomize when it suddenly decides to enjoy the body it's protecting.

I'd say that as long as you are able to have spent significant time in Korvosa (the starting city) and are basically human in appearance, life is good. I kind of like the idea of an experiment, maybe a summon gone wrong. Open to multiple ideas, really.

Oh yeah, I was figuring the experiment/summon gone wrong as an origin story, happened a while back kinda thing, since then she's been in hiding-ish, can pass for human, if we want to go with the halfsies idea then is mostly human, just with some eidolon genetics spliced into her sort of thing. Perhaps that's what allows her to be a synthesist in the first place.

10 RP right? So...

Humanoid with outsider Subtype (0 RP I think...)

Flexible (2 RP)
-Members of this race gain a +2 bonus to any two ability scores.

Darkvision 60 Feet (2 RP)
-Members of this race can see in the dark up to 60 feet.

Change Shape, Greater (6 RP)
-Members of this race gain the following supernatural ability: a member of this race can assume the appearance of a Small or Medium humanoid as the alter self spell, save that it does not adjust its ability scores.

So basically she doesn't look human, but she gained a significant degree of shapeshifting much like how an eidolon can assume whatever form it's summoner wishes and uses that to hide in plain sight. Her mind was partially in contact granting her greater intelligence while the alterations to her body granted her a certain otherworldly understanding of people even when transformed (Flexible stat bonuses, +2 Int and +2 Cha), and she became able to see in the dark.

Should I roll for stats? Or use an Array/Point buy?

All of that would work, but here are a couple of suggestions since I can not help but meddle.

Change Shape, Lesser would allow her to have her "real" form and her "human" form, provided there wasn't a huge physical difference. So was your intent that she was human, but that the experiment permanently warped her body?

Second, if the experiment affected her mind (+2 Int), perhaps a touch of "haunted," the eidolon's voice in her head?

I thought about lesser but it seems really limited. It would open up some spare points though... Hmm..

What's haunted? Can't find that in the race creation tables...

Really depends on how you see her, and whether she has one other form or more. Bear in mind that the ability would only last minutes a day, so it may not fit your idea.

Sorry, Haunted's not a "thing" in pathfinder, but was a drawback in another system, and seems applicable for your char, so I could house rule it. Basically, it means your char hears the voice of another spirit (normally a ghost, in this case the eidolon), causing distractions.

Drawbacks are a rule to grant extra traits, one per character.

Except that if you look in the Bestiary (p. 298) under the Universal Monster Rules.

Change Shape

A creature with this special quality has the ability to assume the appearance of a specific creature or type of creature (usually a humanoid), but retains most of its own physical qualities. The creature cannot change shape to a form more than one size category smaller or larger than its original form. This ability functions as a polymorph spell, the type of which is listed in the creature’s description, but the creature does not adjust its ability scores (although it gains any other abilities of the creature it mimics). Unless otherwise stated, it can remain in an alternate form indefinitely. Some creatures, such as lycanthropes, can transform into unique forms with special modifiers and abilities. These creatures do adjust their ability scores, as noted in their descriptions.

Also while it would only last a few minutes, the racial feature does not limit the number of uses per day so she could just re-use it every minute, effectively making it indefinite anyways.

That aside, I was seeing her as preferring to use a form approximating (as best she can remember) what she looked like before the accident, but able to use other forms in a pinch due to the protean nature of the source of her abilities.

The summoner idea sounds very similar to my lust phantom. If I don't change to cleric, the idea behind that is a personification of my Calistrian's own lust that looks the same as she does (though deep read in colour and either incorporeal or ectoplasmic).

Going to bed, but I read it here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/creating-new-races

No you're definitely right about it being as the spell, including duration, but my point about there being no limit on the number of times she can cast it still stands, so it's still effectively indefinite.

Same with Lesser change shape really, only difference being that the change is as a standard action, so I guess she'd need to devote one action every tenth round of combat to upkeep her disguise in that case. Not much of a limitation though, especially since as soon as she's level two it goes to every 20th round. (Rounds still last 6 seconds each right?)

Also, Lust Phantom? Not sure I follow...

EDIT: Also also, point buy or rolled stats?

The spiritualist class is a psychic version of a summoner in a way. Instead of an eidolon, it has a phantom. One type of phantom you can have is a phantom of lust.

Would be interested in your character's story to see if ours could mesh.

Kaybee said:
No you're definitely right about it being as the spell, including duration, but my point about there being no limit on the number of times she can cast it still stands, so it's still effectively indefinite.

Same with Lesser change shape really, only difference being that the change is as a standard action, so I guess she'd need to devote one action every tenth round of combat to upkeep her disguise in that case. Not much of a limitation though, especially since as soon as she's level two it goes to every 20th round. (Rounds still last 6 seconds each right?)

Also, Lust Phantom? Not sure I follow...

EDIT: Also also, point buy or rolled stats?

Oddly Change Shape, Greater offers no bonus to Disguise (unlike Change Shape, Lesser) - so presumedly if you become a goblin, orc, gnome etc you are still a goblin, orc, gnome etc who looks like you.
Bit wierd but grand.

Anyway yes a round is 6 seconds, and we have 15 point buy.

The difference is that with Change shape greater you don't need the bonus because you literally become that race. With the lesser version, you just alter yourself to look very much like that race without actually being that race, hence you get a disguise bonus to pretending to be that race...

At least that's what the idea seems to be...

That said, Lesser might make more sense for the character, so my new race layout is as follows

Humanoid with outsider Subtype (0 RP I think...)

Flexible (2 RP)
-Members of this race gain a +2 bonus to any two ability scores.

Darkvision 60 Feet (2 RP)
-Members of this race can see in the dark up to 60 feet.

Change Shape, Lesser (3 RP)
-Members of this race gain the following supernatural ability: A member of this race can assume the appearance of a single form of a single humanoid race of its size. The form is static and cannot be changed each time it takes this form. The creature gains a +10 racial bonus on Disguise checks made to appear as the member of the race whose appearance it assumes. Changing its shape is a standard action. This trait otherwise functions as alter self, save that the creature does not adjust its ability scores.

Prehensile Tail (2 RP, only in natural form obviously, though she might also disguise herself as a tiefling to still have this on occasion?)
-Members of this race have a long, flexible tail that can be used to carry objects. They cannot wield weapons with their tails, but they can retrieve small, stowed objects carried on their persons as a swift action.

Sprinter (1 RP)
-Members of this race gain a +10 foot racial bonus to their speed when using the charge, run, or withdraw actions. (She's good at running away)

Here's a loose character sheet, just to get all the numbers together before anything else. Little to no fluff written in there yet. Eidolon stats are at the bottom of the page in the 'Other Notes' section.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=883511

Back
Top Bottom