Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pathfinder (CLOSED)

kckolbe

Banned
Banished
I am currently setting up a pathfinder game running the Crimson Throne Adventure Path. Due to a couple of drops, we find ourselves with only three players (and me), and, to be a touch coarse, a lack of women interested in men.

This is not a smut heavy game, but I have found that group games on adult sites run a little more smoothly when everyone feels that smut has more potential to happen. Below is the original post. Please PM me or post here if you are interested. I do not care about the gender of the player, just the character.

Hello folks. I am interested in running the Crimson Throne adventure path. I am looking for a small group of active participants for this. As with all my games, I enjoy seeing a lot of discussion regarding characters and how they know each other, feel about each other, etc. I don't require class "roles" to be filled, but I don't want people designing chars without trying to consider what works with the other chars being worked on.

If interested, let me know what kind of campaigns you enjoy, any preferences regarding character types (not mechanical), posting frequency/length, and anything else you want to include.

RE: Pathfinder - Crimson Throne

I am going to go ahead and freeze recruitment. I am going to leave this thread open, and be part of it, while we work out char kinks and such, but I will not be accepting new interest.

RE: Pathfinder - Crimson Throne (Closed for new interest)

Okay, Gentle Witchery has informed me that she is pulling out, so it looks like the group we have is:

1) a female Demon-blooded sorcerer, social manipulator, mainly uses utility spells
2) a male Orc barbarian, originally from the wilds
3) a female Divine Elven spiritualist, priestess of Calistria and seductress, also originally from outside Korvosa.

I will be playing a char as well, currently leaning toward a human bard with low Cha (for a bard). The char will be more combat focused, possibly a guard in his younger days until he discovered he had the spark of magic. Despite being older, I can see him possibly have shared some training with dancrilis' char before it became clear that she was in another tier of magical ability.

Both Gromnar's and Jagd's char moved to Korvosa within the past year, thinking maybe he and Jagd did some merc work at the docks or something? As for the priestess, not sure, really, but I doubt he'd refuse her company ~grins~

*Waves* Sorry I wasn't fast enough everyone. I hope you all have a great game, and look forewards to seeing you elsewhere.

Dancrilis, thanks for the Gargoyle write up. it was almost exactly what I had in mind.

*disapears in a swirl of plum blossoms.*

New Race:

Egyncans:
Egyncans were a once powerful society that shares genetic heritage with modern day hobgoblins and rose to prominence on the strength of magical items. As individual mages, they were lacking, but their understanding of magical properties and devices gave them a technological edge for generations until rival civilizations learned how to sabotage the devices they relied so heavily upon. Their civilization no longer exists, but the people themselves were not so much wiped out as bred into other civilizations, often over-represented in magical academies.

Description: Over generations of merging with civilized societies, Egyncans now appear more human than hobgoblin, save for sporting a bit more body hair, a wide mouth, and pointed ears. Some joke that they seem a mix between dwarf and elf.

Type: Humanoid (Goblin subtype)
Size: Medium
Language: Standard
Abilities: Flexible (+2 Con, +2 Dex). Egyncans are well-coordinated and seem to have no end of energy when devoted to a task.

Lucky: Enough close calls with magical devices has forced an evolution in resisting the side-effects of devices.
Cat's Luck: See above
Illusion Resistance: Growing up in a culture celebrating magic, illusions are too common for an Egyncan to not suspect their presence

Skill Training: Egyncans receive a +1 bonus on Disable Device and Use Magic Device.
Static Feat: Dodge

Low Light Vision: Generations of magical experimentation have resulted in a small side-effect, granting Egyncans an inborne magical boon to vision.

Goblin, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Gnome, Celestial, Infernal

No worries Tenshi.

kckolbe so my thoughts might be that if you are going Bard recently arrived in the city that your and my character might have sat throught a few open lectures hosted by the Acadamae - but as they were looking for wizards (and those able to pay fees) it would ultimately not been for either character - but they could have formed a friendship based on discussing matters and figuring out what this magic stuff was all about.

For Gromnar's and Jagd characters (up to them obviously) but it might make sense if they were both part of a caravan that came to Korsova at the same time, than Jagd character might have been looking for work and mine might have met them in a pub and offered some, for Gromnar - I would need to know more before I start thinking up a link (maybe my has done some jewelry for them? or they had to pawn stuff for money once they arrived).

Also as priestess are intended to gather followeres maybe your character attended a party or two?

------
Had the first draft of a backstory here but seem to have lost it when I was updating elements - will write it up again later.
Meridrahne
Meri for short was a somewhat happy child, her father took her to the church of Shelyn every week to listen to the priests debate on the nature of beauty in the universe and the meaning of love, Meri took there words well - but occassionally missed the deeper meaning. Her fathers only hope was that she could have a beautiful soul like her mother rather than one like his - something confusing to the young girl as while her mother was a decent person she seemed to care much less for people outside her immediate family than her father did, and the priests seemed to favour the second over the first.

Still she attended her classes with other neighbourhood children, played with them normally, and did her chores - all in all she was a decent kid left to her fathers care as her mother dealt with the core business with her family, the only true concern her parents had was her nightmares - a bleak place where she was hunted was all she truely remembered from them, but it was enough to leave the girl shaken, and her father to pray harder.

It wasn't until she hit puberty that her powers developed first minor tricks that her father explained to her were in her blood and that she should avoid using - but that she need not worry. However a rebellious streak in her formed and she did draw upon them, initally just making lights around her - but the more she pushed herself more she began to tap into other powers. Suddenly able to focus on cracked genstones and damages broached and repair them, or read the scrolls that people sometimes left into the shop, her father was shocked and upset but her mother stepped in and while she doesn't know what was said she was sent off to the Acadamae for evaluation and partial training at the age of sixteen.

Where there she met Larsen Pike a fellow student a bit older than herself, and who displayed an interest in her in a way that few had before (other than some kids in her neighbourhood who were a bit intimated by her and her mothers family), Larsen was different and somewhat intriguing to the young woman and they studied togerher frequently often testing magic around each other, and debating on the nature of things - and forming what looked like it might be a relationship but the closer they grew together and the more he touched her and kissed her the less she felt about that aspect of the relationship and so but a stop to it rather then lead him on, she took to Scribing Scrolls as a means of expanding her knowledge of magic generally.

Thier course was only a year and while she was offered a position to learn to be a real wizard rather then merely a sorcerer she refused on financial grounds - simply put she could not afford to without her parents, and they would struggle to have made the funds. But also her mother had plans now that her daughter was older and skilled.

They met her grandfather who and he spoke to her mother about where she should fit and what she would have to do, where her mother was a shrewd business woman and had married to a good craftsman the option for magical assistance was something the family wanted to exploit - but they would need to move cautiously to avoid headache, as such Meridrahne was instructed to estiblish herself as a player in the town - who she choose to do so was up to her and the family would offer limited support depending on what she brought to them.

Currently she still doesn't know what all that means but she has began to use her powers to plant thought into the minds of key individuals when she feels she can get away with it unnoticed, thereby increasing business for her parents and discouraging protection rackets, she has also meet with an Orc new to the city and has worked with him to accomplish some goals relating to improving the area, including solving some minor issues for locals without the guards becoming involved.

She adopts a mindset of providing 10% of any personal earnings to her family and a seperate 10% to the church of Shelyn - her father is glad to see that but he worries for her terribly at times she has noticed and it is not directed towards her mothers family or what she is engaged in, but when questions about it he is oddly silent.
-----------------
So first draft Character sheet (will update to Mythweavers later but wanted to show people what I was thinking):
Meridrahne
Race: Human (Daemon Touched)
Class: Sorcerer (Daemon Blooded)
Str: 8
Dex: 15
Con:8
Int: 16
Wis: 12
Cha: 15

Skills:
Appraise: 1 (+7)
Bluff: 1 (+6)
Craft (jewelry): 1 (+7)
Diplomacy: 1 (+6)
Intimidate: 1 (+6)
Knowledge (arcana): 2 (+8)
Knowledge (local): 1 (+7)
Knowledge (religion): 1 (+4)
Knowledge (planes): 1 (+4)
Perception: 1 (+5)
Profession (baker): 1 (+5)
Sense Motive: 1 (+5)
Spellcraft: 2 (+8)
Stealth: 1 (+6)

Traits:
Affable
Outcast's Intuition

Spells I am thinking:
0th Level (the two bonus from the Human Sorcerer bit rather than extra HP or Skill points): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic, Bleed, Mending, Prestidigitation
1st Level: Sow Thoughts, Break

My suggestion would be to have one more player. I find these games can loose players pretty quickly, so might be better to start with a bigger pool. Three PCs is a bit low, even if we have a GM NPC.

Just my thoughts.

kckolbe so my thoughts might be that if you are going Bard recently arrived in the city that your and my character might have sat through a few open lectures hosted by the Acadamae - but as they were looking for wizards (and those able to pay fees) it would ultimately not been for either character - but they could have formed a friendship based on discussing matters and figuring out what this magic stuff was all about.

The bard grew up in Korvosa, so while that moment works, we can actually go back further. It's only Jagd and Gromnar whose chars are new. Also, I am giving him a single rank in Diplomacy, since I liked your idea about the religious debates. With his class skill bonus, and +1 Cha Mod (I told ya it was low for a bard) he'll not embarrass himself, but will still fall WELL shy of the "pros" in the group.

Gromnar said:
My suggestion would be to have one more player. I find these games can loose players pretty quickly, so might be better to start with a bigger pool. Three PCs is a bit low, even if we have a GM NPC.

Just my thoughts.

And they are good thoughts, Gromnar. I intended a larger group, but in the end, I only had three players actively contributing and working with each other, and that was more important to me. Should we lose someone, and everyone else is having fun, I'll just add a level up to make up the difference.

By the way, since this is a smaller group, each char gains 2 skill pts/lvl, but they must be spent on the following skill list: Appraise, Craft, Handle Animal, Linguistics, Perform, Profession. This does not affect class skills.

Ok. I'm thinking I should probably change my PC to a dedicated healer with such a small party, though I do like my spiritualist. Any thoughts on that?

If ya like it, roll with it. Both of our chars can cast healing spells, after all, and we can eventually carry wands for extra healing (my char will have a solid use magic device check)

I don't think you would need to change to accomadate on that - if you like a class better to play that rather then forcing yourself to play something else.

If we needed healing we can buy potions, or I might pickup infernal healing (the bard may have cure light wounds), and a Spiritualist does get cure spells (and raise dead) if you wanted them.

Here's the bard so far (still working on him). Drekt will have a sparring partner.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=874435

Would you be able go through the campaign idea again? I know its Curse of the Crimson Throne, but wondering on the style of it and the adult interactions. Is it just between PCs? I know mine would be after NPCs too.

Sure. I've been kind of quiet on it while everyone works out who knows who and such. I didn't want to herd you into starting in a certain situation, and still won't, so I won't discuss much of the first "adventure" except to say that it won't be long before the group gets to decide how they prefer to do business, both in terms of technique and morality.

Korvosa is basically a disaster waiting to happen, and that disaster (or series of them) begin very early into the game. Naturally, the adventure path generally assumes what will happen as though written for a NG group, but I will adjust as needed. Like every adventure path, it has a LOT of filler and the occasional contrived motive, but the stuff that works is really fucking good, and I feel I am doing a decent job of cutting the fat. Really, if you haven't played any of their adventure paths, they are good stuff. I think what I like most about this one is that it isn't a "saving the world" style game, nor are mysterious supernatural forces present early on. It's chaos, but the causes of it are explainable and, generally, pretty mundane. I like that.

NPCs are fair game, but there isn't always time for "love." I do expect the majority of sex to be between PCs, but given that we only have one hetero female PC, I wouldn't expect a ton, though Calistria might start seeing more worship as a result.

While rambling, I'd like to talk post length. I am aiming for about 1.5 paragraphs per post, lighter in the combat sections, a little fuller for char interaction. I believe that will be more of a challenge for some than others, but thus far everyone has shown a willingness to put forth the effort as well as some patience.

Going back to Gromnar's suggestion earlier, I am not opposed to adding new members as things progress, but it will be a deliberate process.

Updated the above post with backstory now (including references to Larsen Pike and Jagd's character - hope it suits both of you) can update more if needed.

Think I will take scribe scroll - I noticed that the Item Creation rules say you don't have to know the spells to create the scroll, so if we need a spell none of us can cast I will (with a bit of difficulty) create it.
The DC to create a magic item increases by 5 for each prerequisite the caster does not meet. The only exception to this is the requisite item creation feat, which is mandatory.
Who says the Acadamae doesn't teach Sorcerers anything (everyone else probably knew this already) :)

Only potential issue is his age. I was thinking mid twenties when they met, late twenties now. So not as bad as the uncle, but still a little weird.

Bear in mind that instead of increasing the DC, you can just hire someone to cast the spell.

kckolbe said:
Only potential issue is his age. I was thinking mid twenties when they met, late twenties now. So not as bad as the uncle, but still a little weird.

Bear in mind that instead of increasing the DC, you can just hire someone to cast the spell.

True - but sometimes it is easier (and cheaper) to just do things yourself if you want to be sneaky :)

I also think I might have a way of making a lot of magic creation (or spellcasting) 'free' on gold ... but only works if she goes Evil (yes full capital E evil), which could add some interesting RP pieces for the game if anyone finds out how she is doing it.

Edit:
Here is the Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=882250

I'll be posting my background soon, though my female PC prefers females for sex, however men are certainly welcome as well.

No worries. I generally expect that in games like this unless stated otherwise, part of why I said most sex would be between PCs.

RE: Pathfinder (Opening for 1-2 female chars)

As long as there is the option of seducing NPCs, its all good :)

The post topic says you're looking for more players now?

I am. With you having wanted a larger group in general, and all 4 pcs preferring female chars, it just seemed better to open that up now in case someone was interested.

Do we have a spot to post our finished characters?

Any space for one more female character? Or is this thing full up?

Back
Top Bottom