Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A new adventure (Mera)

Gardenia didn't look happy. She sent out her last pokemon, a Roserade. They had a reputation for being both fast and strong. Immediately, the rain was replaced by sun again, making Milotic rather upset. Almost immediately, Roserade was charging a ball of energy. Atem paused. What was that...?

"WEather ball!" Gardenia said. Roserade launched the attack, and Milotic prepared itself, then used Mirror coat to launch it back. However, in that time, Roserade was already at Milotic, and a well timed Leaf Storm caused Milotic to almost double over. Milotic quickly retaliated with an Icy wind, but again, Roserade had moved, and struck again. Milotic wasn't going to be able to handle such a fast pokemon that used attacks like that. Atem frowned, and signaled that Milotic would be recalled. He pulled Milotic back, and sighed. "here goes." He said. He sent out Ninetales.

Gardenia was good. That roseraid was really fast and had taken out milotic. Eva knew how much of a pain in the ass that pokémon could be. Now it was up against ninetales. How would this end?

Ninetales stared at its opponent, ready to fight. As Roserade attempted to confuse it again with the distraction of Razor Leaf, Ninetales simply used Protect, deflecting the leaves and the incoming attack. It didn't move, instead launching dark pulses after Roserade, then using Fire Spin to lock it in a smaller area. The intensity of the fire was amazing, boosted by the Sunny Day's effect, and Atem had to step back a bit to be able to think. "Ninetales, get in there and show it how a real fight is." He said. Ninetales jumped into its own fire spin, coming out glowing with power. And so a physical battle ensued, with Ninetales attempting to bite while Roserade continued to try distracting Ninetales. Finally, when it looked like it would get a hit, Ninetales exploded into a fiery burst of intense heat, using Overheat to simply overwhelm the grass type. When the dust settled, Ninetales looked tired, but Roserade had been knocked out, suffering from multiple burns caused by the intense heat.

"Challenger wins!"

Eva smiled. This was no battle for shieldon. That was too soon. She was up next. She took her place in the ring. Shieldon was still on the bleechers, now with Atem and ninetales. Eva released her blissey while cacnea was Gardenia's choice. "Alright, the rules are the same as before. Start." The referee said.
"Flamethrower." Eva said.
"Cacnea use drain punch." Gardenia said. Cacnea tried to dodge the flamethrower and get closer. But blissey adjusted her aim and hit cacnea. "Now use Ice punch." Eva said.
"Drain punch." Gardenea said. Blissey however was far more agile then it looked. Both attacks missed.
"Now use pin missile." Gardenia said.
"Block with hidden power." Eva said. The balls of hidden power spun around blissey fast, creating a shield that locked out pin missile. "Now use ice punch." Eva ordered.
"Pin missile." Gardenia ordered.
"Substitute." Eva whispered. Pin missile hit substitute. The substitute disappead as soon as it hit the ground. The blissey came from the other side and launched an ice punch attack and cacea fell and passed out.

Atem took a seat up at the bleachers, and smiled at the Shieldon. "Well, here's how your new master fights." He said. He looked to Ninetales, who was also watching. He gently petted Ninetales, watching the fight quite happily. Blissey was an interesting one. It seemed to have quite a few tricks up its proverbial sleeves aside from the toughness that he knew them to possess.

"Thank you blissey, you've been great." Eva said and blissey walked over to the bleechers to watch. With turtwig still out of commision she had to use another pokémon. Eva was amused to see Gardenia had a bulbasaur. Those would be rare in this region and she'd probably been looking for one for a while. She then decided to up the pressure for bulbasaur and released her venusaur. After Gardenia first seemed to fall in love with her pokémon she recovered and the match was on.

"Bulbasaur vine whip." Gardenia ordered.
"You too, then use leech seed." Eva said. With two vines venusaur stopped bulbasaurs vines and with four other it held the small pokémon in place until the moment leech seed hit.
"Leech seed." Gardenia ordered.
"Bullet seed." Eva replied. The leech seed was knocked back to bulbasaur by bullet seed and the little pokémon got hit too.
"Sleep powder." Gardenia said.
"Flash." Eva said. Venusaur launched flash and blinded by it bulbasaur missed with it's attack as a result.
"Now use solar beam." Eva replied.
"You two bulbasaur." Gardenia said. Bulbasaur launched first. Venusaur used vine whip to jump and dodge the attack on its own. At the same time the bright sunlight kept bulbasaur from seeing where the attack would come from. Solarbeam hit dead on and bulbasaur was out for the count.
"Thank you venusaur." Eva said.

Atem laughed as the battle became Bulbusaur vs. Venusaur. Of course, Venusaur had quite an advantage in power, but there would probably be a loss of speed that would make it harder on the larger pokemon. The battle seemed rather evenly matched though, at least until Venusaur pulled a move that he'd never thought he'd see from such a large pokemon. He smiled. One more to go.

However when Gardenia released a tropius she recalled venusaur. Instead she released her gardevoir. And round three was on.

"Alright tropius razor leaf." Gardenia ordered.
"Teleport, then ice punch." Eva said. And before tropius or Gardenia could react gardevoir reappeared behind tropius and struck with an ice punch. But tropuis although somewhat hurt only got mad. "Now use twister." Gardenia ordered.
"Again teleport, then future sight." Eva said. and although future sight wouldn't strike yet, it would soon.
"Leaf storm." Gardenia ordered..
"Psychic." Eva replied to that and the storm was bent back to tropius who moved remarkably fast now. Eva realized that chlorophyll was active.
"Alright now do hypnosis." Eva said.
"Safeguard." Gardenia ordered, but Eva smiled at this.
"Disable." Eva ordered and safeguard disappeared and the tropius started to look tired and fell asleep. Then future sight hit it full force. "Now finish it with dream eater." Eva said, but to her surprise Tropius had woken up. Gardenia was very happy with that though.
"Now ominous wind." Gardenia ordered. Gardevoir tried to avoid but tropius adjusted its aim and gardevoir got hit.
"Teleport then drain punch." Eva said. This time the attack came from below, but tropius bit in gardvoir's hand.
"Now use bullet seed." Gardenia said.
"Hypnosis." Eva ordered. Gardevoir endured the bullet seed while attacking with hypnosis. Tropius fell asleep again.
"Dream eater." Eva said and that was the final blow. Tropius passed out.

"Challenger wins." The referee said. Eva thanked gardevoir and recalled her. Gardenia handed her a badge. She walked over to the bleechers where Atem, blissey and shieldon were. "Well that was good, let's head to the pokémon center." Eva said and recalled blissey and shieldon.

Atem continued to watch, and smiled. "well, I must say, that was quite a fight." He said to Eva as she came by. He stood, not bothering to recall Ninetales. "THe pokemon center sounds good, I'm sure Dusknoir and Milotic would appreciate it." He said. He stretched a moment, then went to find the pokemon center.

Eva walked with him, leading them straight to it. She handed her gardevoir, venusaur and blissey over for a check up.

"So do you have a plan on what to do for the first round in the next contest?" Eva asked him. They could go to hardhome city after floroma town. Point is they would have to visit at least ten contests for both get their five ribbons.

Atem shrugged. "I don't know. I might try something different, but if I do, it won't be that much different." He said. "Maybe I'll change the pokemon I use for round two." He said, nodding. That was probably a good idea, to help get some variety for his pokemon.

"You do realize that you can't use the same performance twice." Eva said. It since the jury memebers or at least two out of three would already have seen it they wouldn't be impressed. Eva would be using lucario in round two this time and shieldon in round one.

Atem nodded. "I know, and I most certainly will." He said. "But even so, a single pokemon is capable of more than just one trick." He said. Even so, he was thinking of using Milotic first this time, and probably Dusknoir for the second round.

"I don't doubt that. I think we should rest a bit and wait. Then train in the evening and get underway in the morning. One advantage of the pokémon center, you don't have to cook." Eva said. They would probably end up sharing a room. She put her stuf down and lied down on the bed. She thought about her first round with shieldon and how to pull that off.

He nodded. "Sounds like a plan. It's always nice when I don't need to use some berries... and speaking of which, I should get more since we're here... but I'll get those later." He said. He went with her and flopped onto the bed, stretching and relaxing.

Eva dozed off after a little while. It had been a while since she'd slept in a nice bed. She woke up about two hours later. She usually didn't fall asleep. She got her pokémon back and went to the market to fill her supplies. They didn't have to do everything together after all. She returned around dinner time and went to look for Atem in the small restaurant. "Hey." She said.

Atem took a quick nap as well, waking about an hour after he'd fallen asleep. He stretched, and quietly left to go get what he needed to get. He was glad they were in Floraroma, because lots of berries were around, both wild and harvested. He headed back to get dinner, and was only just ahead of Eva. He smiled to her. "Hello. Did you sleep well?" He asked simply, going to sit down.

"Yes, what about you?" Eva then asked him and sat down across the table. When chansey brought Atem his dinner Eva ordered for herself. It was a simple but healthy meal. She ate her fill while thinking of how to use shieldon in the first round. The little one wasn't ready for battles yet, but a first round would be doable. That way she could get used to the crowd watching and performing in front of a audience. She wasn't sure what to say to Atem at this point.

Two girls walked up to the table. "Hi handsome, we saw you in Jubilife city, you were great. She's not your girlfriend is she?" One of the girls said. The other elbowed her. "You don't just ask that sort of thing..." The other said.

He nodded to Eva's question. "A quick nap is always nice." He said to her, thanking the Chansey when his food came. He ate quietly, thinking as well. He wasn't too sure what he'd do with Shieldon yet. Perhaps he'd let it stay out more, and let it gain confidence from watching battles, then perhaps give it a try sometime. After all, learning some maneuvers helped a lot.

His train of thought was broken after a bit. He'd completely missed what the first girl had said. "Sorry, could you repeat that?" He asked simply.

The girls looked dissappointed, however the one just repeated what she'd said before. "Hi handsome. We saw you in Jubilife city, you were great. The old lady isn't your girlfriend is she?" The girl asked. Eva ignored the comment, the girl talking to Atem was probably just mid-teens. Eva so wanted to kick the girl's ass. Besides they weren't officially together but they had slept together. Rather then making a scene she wondered what Atem's answer would be. These two were just crazy fans.

"The 'old lady', as you said, happens to be my girlfriend." Atem said, his voice carrying a chill on it. Even though technically they weren't officially together, he felt close enough that she wouldn't mind. And besides, they'd insulted her. He was going to try making this as little of a scene as possible. He didn't say anything else, either waiting for a response or for them to leave.

"I know you didn't exactly invent the wheel little girl, but I think he wants you to leave. Take a hint and beat it." Eva said and grinned a little.
"Who are you calling a little girl old lady." The girl replied.
"You obviously. It's true I'm older then you, that means I can call you a little girl and from where I stand your parents didn't really teach you manners." Eva replied casually. Chansey looked at them when she put Eva's food down. Eva took a bite from her steak.
"I'll make you change your tune in a pokémon battle. How about six on six." The girl replied.
"Sure, after I finish my dinner." Eva replied without looking up. She was going to put this girl in her place. They had caught the attention of others and this fight would get quite the audience.

Atem shrugged. If it was a scene they wanted, they just got one. Challenging someone in the middle of a crowded area caught attention. "Until then, you can leave." He said simply. He wasn't going to let them harass Eva while she was eating, and he would bring out his pokemon if crowd control was needed.

"I'll see you on the battleground old lady." The girl said and headed towards the battleground behind the pokémon center. Gardenia was among the ones in the crowd.

Eva finished her dinner, not rushing and ordering a nice dessert as well. After she was finished she got ready and walked to the battle field where the girl was bragging about her skills to the crowd. "So there you are, I thought you'd given up." The girl said.
"And miss an opportunity to put you in your place? No way. Just because you challenged me doesn't mean I'll hurry my dinner little girl." Eva replied.
"Stop calling me that." The girl replied.
"If you stop calling me old lady." Eva replied casually while the girl was getting angry. Psychology was half the work.
"Then what should I call you?" The girl replied.
"My name is Eva McCoy. What should I call you?" Eva replied.
"I'm Samantha." She said, getting a bit nevous since she now realized this was the girl who had beaten Atem. She looked so different she hadn't recognized her.
"So six on six. You're the challenger so open the match." Eva replied.
"My pleasure." The girl said and released a kirlia.
"Lovely." Eva replied and called out her gardevoir.

Atem smiled, and had dessert with Eva as well. He was in no rush. If the girl was in a rush, that was just too damn bad.

"I'll bet you a dollar that you don't even go through half your team." He said playfully as they walked out to the battle. He stretched and went to sit by the sideline, letting out Shieldon to watch. Despite the pokemon's weight, he held it in his lap and let it watch.

He watched the exchange, and noted the girl's expression change. She had obviously seen something she did, probably from the contest. He stretched, and then shrugged, letting out all six of his pokemon at once. They each took a comfortable seat to watch. Besides, it would be nice to give them a fresh breath of air.

Back
Top Bottom