Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A new adventure (Mera)

"Kirlia, psybeam." The girl ordered.
Gardevoir dodged it gracefully. "Imprison." Eva ordered. The girl looked confused and the move hit, but didn't seem to do much damage.
"If that's all you got. Kirlia psychic." The girl said, but the kirlia couldn't do it. "What's wrong?" The girl said.
"You've never heard of imprison? It's a move that prevents your kirlia from using any moves gardevoir knows. Why else do you think I chose gardevoir over absol. Now gardevoir, use magical leaf." Eva replied.
"Dodge it." The girl ordered, but gardevoir didn't allow that to happen. By spinning round in the center of the battlefield the leaves went all over and hit kirlia. "Teleport, then hypnosis." Eva ordered.
"Get out of the way." The girl ordered. But when Kirlia turned around to turn gardevoir appeared in front of it and kirlia fell asleep.
"Dream eater." Eva ordered and the sleeping pokémon was hit. Gardevoir repeated the move before Kirlia was knock out.

Atem knew exactly why Gardevoir was used. After all, Ninetales had the same strategy, and could shut down many fire types with Imprison. He watched with interest, and his pokemon watched as well. This was a good time to watch.

"Alright umbreon it's your turn." The girl said after recalling kirlia. Then Eva recalled gardevoir and let absol out. She was planning to humiliate that girl. The girl got more frustrated while Eva was relaxed.
"Quick attack then iron tail." The girl ordered.
"Use iron tail as well." Eva ordered. Two iron tales collided in mid air.
"Now sucker punch." Eva ordered and absol replied so fast the girl didn't get time to make a counter order and umbreon was hit, but got up and shook its head and looked annoyed.
"Use dig." The girl said.
"Jump, then razor wind." Eva ordered. Absol jumped up and launched a razor wind at the point it was standing moments ago and just when umbreon appeared it was hit. "Now use assurance." Eva ordered.
"Dodge with quick attack." The girl ordered and only umbreon's tail caught the attacked, almost knocking it over, but avoiding the worst damage."Now use yawn." The girl ordered.
"Water pulse." Eva replied and water pulse destroyed the yawn and drenched umbreon who was getting tired.
"Quick attack, then shadow ball." The girl ordered.
"Thunder wave." Eva replied. Absol hadn't moved and launched thunder wavee when shadow ball almost hit. It destroyed the shdow ball and although umbreon tried to dodge it it followed until it hit. Eva had taught absol to have complete control. Umbreon passed out.

Atem simply smiled. There was absolutely no hope for the girl. Pupitar seemed to be wanting to battle. He'd have to go find something to fight eventually. He knew from his pokedex that Pupitar could actually move, which was interesting, since it looked immobile.

He smiled "Aw, Eva, don't utterly and completely crush her. Use Shieldon or something." He said, teasing her.

"Who knows I might." Eva said.
"OK hitmontop you're up." The girl said. Eva recalled absol. She knew she'd be in toruble if she didn't let lucario fight this one. She released her lucario instead. The girl looked at the lucario and gritted her teeth. "OK hitmontop combine drain punch and rapid spin." The girl said.
"Lucario, psychic." Eva replied. Psychic stopped hitmontop and threw it hard into the ground.
"Double team, then mach punch." The girl said.
"Dig, then force palm." Eva replied and the mach punches missed since lucario was underground. It could easily sense the aura of the real one and dug up with a small hole next to it. only her front paw came through it and placed her palm against the smaller pokémon's head, then released the energy. The girl still hadn't seen it coming since it was getting dark. Lucario then came up and threw hitmontop into the air as a traditional dig was supposed to work.
"Aura sphere." Eva ordered.
"Twister." The girl ordered and twister destroyed the aura sphere.
"Now use drain punch." The girl ordered.
"Bone rush." Eva replied. Lucario dodged the drain punch while it was moving to swipe the pokémon off its feet and then strike hard four times, not giving hitmontop time to recover.
"Rapid spin." The girl ordered.
"Psychic." Eva replied and this time hitmontop didn't get up.

Lucario was definitely a good choice here. There was a type advantage, and the Lucario was fast in both mind and body. The attacks were almost brutal, but he smiled. "Very nice. Lucario is quite strong, I must say." He said to Eva.

"I know." Eva replied. The girl now released a swallot. Damn those were a pain in the ass always. Eva then released shieldon. It had a type advantage big time and was itching for a fight.
"Alright stockpile." The girl said.
"Fissure." Eva ordered. She had been amazed to find that move in little shieldon's arsenal.
"Dodge it." The girl ordered. But shieldon was faster then the girl expected and persistant. The battle didn't last long, fissure had done its job. "Thank you shieldon." Eva said and pet the young pokémon.

Atem almost burst out laughing at how simply the girl's pokemon was defeated. Even the little shieldon, had no issue with it at all. He smiled. "Oh, this is just too funny." He said to Eva. "I guess even your least trained can crush her pokemon easily..."

"Alright slaking you're up." The girl said. This was a very strong pokémon and usually brought the girl a victory or two. Eva looked at it, it was indeed powerful. She told shieldon he was done and to take a seat by Atem's pokémon. She called out venusaur this time. This big guy needed a nap in Eva's oppinion.
"Alright focus punch." The girl ordered.
"Frenzy plant, then grasswhistle." Eva ordered. Going at it with physical power wasn't a good idea with a well trained slaking.
"Dodge it." The girl said. But venusaur had great control over the frenzy plant and restrained slaking as it was getting angry. Venusaur started with grasswhistle. "Slaking uproar." The girl ordered. Damn the girl had done her homework.
"Now use petal dance." Eva ordered. The frenzy plant still restrained slaking, but somewhere sduring the attack slaking freed itself. It was hit and mad. "Use yawn." The girl ordered.
"Use razor leaf." Eva ordered. One simple razor leaf destroyed the bubble that slaking had released and the attack was gone. "Now use earthquake." Eva replied. It was venusaur's latest move and it had been a surprize for Eva too, but against slaking it would be great. Slaking lost its balance. "Sunny day, then solar beam." Eva ordered.
"Focus punch." The girl said.
"Dodge it." Eva replied and venusaur used it vines to jump high into the air while charging solarbeam, but slaking jumped too. Just as slaking was about to hit venusaur struck with the solarbeam. "Now sleep power." Eva ordered. Uproar had to have worn off by now. Slaking was still trying to get up when the sleep powder landed around him. But it held its breath and tried to move out of range. "Uproar." The girl ordered. Damn. Eva thought.
"Now use flamethrower." The girl ordered.
"Petal dance." Eva ordered. It stopped the flamethrower and pushed it back until slaking was hit. But this pokémon had great stamina while venusaur was getting tired.
"Use body slam." The girl ordered.
"Vine whip." Eva ordered and venusaur threw slaking away.
"Leech seed." Eva ordered. It hit. Slaking roared at some of its energy was sucked away.
"Now let's end it with hyper beam." The girl said.
"Solarbeam." Eva ordered and the attacks clashed in mid air, but more energy was drawn from slaking and finally it passed out, so did venusaur. It was just too worn out from battling slaking. Eva recalled venusaur. "Thanks girl, you rest now." She said and waited for the girl's last pokémon.

Atem sat up a bit as he saw the Slaking. Now this was a pokemon that was strong. Too bad it really seemed to be the girl's only strong pokemon. Venusaur fought well, but the two were almost even in power, so it seemed to end in a draw. Eva was still ahead though, undoubtedly going to win. The girls still had one last pokemon. This would be interesting.

The girl now released a dugtrio. Eva already felt a headache coming on. Those were a pain in the ass. Blissey wouldn't be the best choice right now. Venusaur was down, absol might be able to do it, but she opted for lucario in spite of the fact it was weak against ground types. It was because of lucario's ability to do magnet rise.
"Dugtrio, let's dig." The girl said.
"Sense it's aura, stay away from it." Eva ordered.
"Sand tomb." The girl ordered. And as the sand tomb was growing lucario had nowhere left to run or so it seemed.
"Lucario magnet rise." Eva ordered. Just as lucario had begun to slide down she began to levitate.
"Now vaccuum wave on the ground." Eva ordered. It struck fast and hard. Dugtrio which had tried to dig itself away was forced out of the ground. "Use aura sphere." Eva ordered. It hit before dugtrio landed and disappeared beneath the ground again.
"Sandstorm." The girl ordered.
"Psychic." Eva replied. The sandstorm was changed in form and sent after dugtrio underground which eventually appeared above ground again. "Again aura sphere." Eva said. It was a hit, but this dugtrio was quite strong and it disappeared again, but with lucario levitating its options were limited.
"Stone edge." The girl ordered.
"Defend with bone rush." Eva replied and the bone was spinning in front of lucario sending the small rocks flying away.
"Use vaccuum wave on the ground ground again." Eva ordered.
"Sucker punch." The girl replied and lucario was hit first, but it still launched the vaccuum wave against dugtrio which now landed knock out on the ground. Eva grinned. "Well done lucario, you were great." She said before recalling her pokémon.
The girl was humiliated and angry, but her friend looked at Eva. "May I ask what your sixth pokémon is?" The other girl said.
"It's blissey." Eva replied.
"I can see why you won the jubilife contest. Sorry for my friends irrational and annoying behavior." The older of the two said.
"No problem. She wasn't bad, her combos are good, just her choice of when to use them could improve." Eva replied. The girl looked at Eva. It seemed the young woman wasn't mad at her. The girls left and Eva walked up to Atem. "That was a nice battle. What do you think shieldon?" She asked the two shieldon.

Atem continued to watch. Dugtrio was another interesting one, definitely strong, but there was no way it could beat Lucario. As it finished, Atem stood, and recalled all of his pokemon except Dusknoir and Shieldon. He smiled at Eva. "Well, good job." He said. Shieldon seemed to be wiggling about happily, seeming to be just barely restraining itself from tackling Eva out of the excitement. "I think I got the hyper one." Atem said, laughing.

"It seems that way." Eva replied and pet both shieldon. "I think we should go to bed and leave early in the morning." Eva replied. They still had a long way to go to floroma town. The audience was now moving away again and Eva went to their room. She put blissey to work on her other pokémon while she got ready for bed. When she came back into the room she recalled her pokémon and went to sleep.

Atem nodded "That sounds good." He said, walking with Eva back to the room. He recalled Shieldon, but let Dusknoir stay out. Dusknoir always was more comfortable at night, and he made an amazing guard. "Night Eva." He said, going to sleep.

"Good night." Eva said and dozed off fast.

Two thiefs snuck into the room. They'd seen Eva battle and knew Atem was really good too. Their pokémon would be great to have or sell.

Of course, Dusknoir knew they were coming, and in the shadows of the room... it was in its domain. A single red eye appeared, and a strange wind gusted through the room, carrying haunting echoes on it. The Ominous Wind grew in intensity, and suddenly Dusknoir cackled loudly to alert Eva and Atem as it appeared next to one thief and attacked with Shadow Sneak.

Eva yawned and opened her eyes as she heard the cackle and then screams of two unfamiliar voices. The latter woke her up instantly and she got out of bed and turned on the light. "Thieves huh? Keep them here I'm calling the police." Eva said and took her pokégear out of her bag and called. She walked over to one of them and glared as he tried to reach for her pokéballs. "You touch those and I'll personally see to it you'll wish you were dead." Eva said and then grabbed her pokéballs. She let out gardevoir to give dusknoir some back up.

Between Dusknoir's trickery and Gardevior's power, the thieves were essentially rendered helpless. Atem glared at the two after waking up. "Fools." He said simply. He watched the thieves as Eva went to get the police. He checked for his pokemon, and found all of them. Luckily, Dusknoir had surprised them before they'd gotten anything.

They were arrested and taken away, Then Eva went back to bed, but this time she kept her pokéballs much closer to her.

She got a breakfast from chansey. They had a long way to go. She waited for Atem to finish. Then they'd be off to floroma town.

Atem sighed, and relaxed, getting a little bit more rest before they had to go. He didn't bother with breakfast, content to simply have some berries when they'd go. He let Ninetales out before resting, so that she could stretch.

When they were ready, he sat up and yawned. "mmm, ready?" He asked.

A few days later they had arrived in Floroma town for the contest. The pokémon center was nice as always. They were approached by a news reported she recognised from TV. "Hi there. I'm looking for Wallace. Since it's his day off his whole staff won't tell me where he is." She said.
"Good. It's his day off so leave him alone. It's obvious he doesn't want to be found." Eva replied and sighed. She needed to train some more and get some action. She walked into the woods for some training. He could follow and train with her or not.

Atem was glad to arrive in the town a few days later. It had been a rather uneventful trip, in all honesty, so having a new place to look around was much appreciated. He shrugged to the reporter, not knowing anything about it anyhow. He followed her into the woods, also deciding that some training would be nice.

Eva kept walking until she came across mist. Then she heard singing. She recognised it as from a milotic. She walked closer to it and within the mist she saw the milotic and a figure on a rock. Milotic saw her and dived under. The man jumped of the rock and she recognized him, Wallace. "Sorry if we bothered you." Eva said.
"It's no problem Just please don't tell anyone where I am." He said.
"Of course we won't." Eva said.
"Thank you. May I ask why you're here?" He asked.
"We were looking for a good spot to train for the Wallace cup." Eva replied.
"So you're both participating. Wait you two were the finalists in the jubilife contest. I try to watch in the little free time I have. I'm looking forward to see you perform in the Wallace cup. Would you two maybe endulge me and show me some of your moves now?" He asked.

Atem looked around as they saw the mist and heard the singing. Well, that was interesting. It was obviously not natural mist, probably caused by the Milotic that they saw. Atem paused, and simply listened to Wallace. He smiled when he heard that Wallace knew of them. He looked at Eva. "Do you want to? I've no problem with showing him some moves." He said simply to Eva.

"Alright. Although I'm not sure what I going to do at the Wallace cup yet. How about we do a contest battle instead?" Eva asked. She was planning on using shieldon. In the training it had learned ice beam. The control was still a bit lacking though. But on ice that little pokémon would do great. Also using a rock type on a water field should get her extra points.

Back
Top Bottom