Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A new adventure (Mera)

Atem heard the command and closed his eyes. Milotic managed too, as well, but the intensity still hade it difficult to see. "Milotic, Safeguard." He said. A veil of light covered Milotic, negating the thunder wave entirely, and persisting, preventing most status effects from touching it. It tooka moment before Milotic's vision cleared. "Icy wind again, keep the floor frozen to slow Absol." Miotic used Icy wind again, and this time the chill blew across the whole arena, coating the ground in slick ice.

"Alright absol, sunny day. Then jump and do flamethrower to unfreeze the field." Eva said. The sun that had been covered by clouds now shone brightly. Absol was high up in the air and a superchaged flamethrower turned the ice into water. Eva smiled and nodded to absol and made a hand gesture. Anyone could see, but only absol knew what it meant. It launched another thunder wave attack as it landed, but this time into the water.

Atem shrugged. "Milotic, use Safeguard again." He said, and once again, the light appeared, stopping the thunder wave again. "Use Dragonbreath." He said, and a blast of heated air jetted straight at Absol.

"Substitute." Eva said softly. But absol could lip read. The dragonbreath hit the target or so it seemed. But when the fake absol hit the ground it disappeared in thin air. "Razor wind." Eva said, just as the fake one was about to hit the ground. The real one was already launching the attack before most most even realized there was a substitute in place. Absol was close to milotic and the attack was launched quickly and was powerful.

Milotic didn't get time to respond to the attack. It had paused a moment, and the Razor wind hit it during that time. Milotic turned, unleashing a dragonbreath at close range against Absol.

Atem watched, not giving commands now. Milotic knew what to do, and so he wouldn't distract her while she was doing whatever she did.

The dragonbreath came too soon to dodge. There also had not been a command, something that would cost him points. Absol got hit, but quickly got up. Absol's fighting instinct seemed stronger. It was pissed off now. "Absol payback." Eva ordered. It would be a great move to use for a dark type and absol was deffinately ready to take revenge for that hit. The speed with which absol attacked was really fast.

"Milotic, two can play at their game" He said. "Substitute, then dragonbreath." He commanded with just enough time for Milotic to react and vanish, leaving a mimicry of itself behind. Absol's attack hit Milotic dead center before it could react, and a second blast of Dragonbreath erupted towards Absol's side as it got near, the substitute that had been struck shattering under Absol's attack.

However Eva had heard the substitue command. As absol landed on the ground he heard his next command. "Dodge with quick attack." Eva said. Absol launched away to be slightly brought out of balance when dragonbreath hit the tip of his tail and she made a swirl to the right before landing in front of Eva again.

"Alright the time is up. And what's the score. It's really close. Jury?" Lillian asked. Then Eva's face together with absol's and gardevoir's appeared on the screen. "And our winner by just one point is Eva. These two kept it exciting until the last second. An applause for them both." Lillian said. Eva was getting annoyed by the whole show thing, but had to stick around to get her ribbon. She let out gardevoir too. As Mr. Contesta or whatever his name was made a speech Eva listened with one ear. Thanked him, smiled at the cowd, then got the hell out of there with absol and gardevoir thanks to gardevoir's teleport.

She recalled her pokémon and changed back in the changing room to her normal outfit. Then she looked around for Atem. "Aah, there you are. That was a great battle. It could just as easy have been you. One point. It was great. How about we head to the Eterna gym now and then head to Floroma town for the next contest?" Eva suggested. She had put her ribbon away safely.

Milotic simply came back to Atem, and he hugged the pokemon. "Hey, good try Milotic." He said. He walked off stage with his two pokemon. He recalled Milotic, and simply petted Ninetales before going to change back to his normal clothes.

He walked out and waited for Eva. "well, congratulations." He said. "Looks like I'll have to change things up on you next time." He said, smiling. He nodded to her suggestion. "Sounds good." He said, standing.

"Indeed." Eva told him and then looked at ninetales. "You were great too." She told the pokémon an dhoped it would let her pet him. She wasn't sure if she was going to be attacked though. "Let's go then." Eva said after petting ninetales. She walked out and on her way to Eterna city.

After stopping for some minor supplies they walked until the evening. It was a beautiful sunset when Eva suddenly heard an engine approaching. She quickly recalled her pokémon. There was no road equipped for cars or bikes nearby. The vehicle that stopped belonged to some of the employees of hunter Jade. They weren't after Eva's pokémon. But a group of three sheldon ran towards the trainers in the hope to be protected from the hunters.

Ninetales looked up at Eva, and let her pet it. He nuzzled against her hand, seeming to appreciate the attention. Atem smiled and walked out with her, to get some supplies as well.

Atem had recalled Ninetales a while after beginning to walk, so he didn't tire her out. He frowned as he heard the vehicle. "there aren't supposed to be cars out here..." He commented. He saw the people though. "dusknoir... Once they get near, please cause havoc." He said. There was a soft laugh as Atem's shadow faded a bit as the ghost type left the shadow. "If people are going to cause fear, they can learn to know fear themselves." He said.

Eva grinned. She would love to see it, but she couldn't. "You distract them, I'll take care of these beauties. I'll take them out of range, then we can set up camp at the new location. I'll come back to get you. We'll need to keep an eye on those morons until they leave." Eva said. Eva let her gardevoir out. "Alright you three, all touch gardevoir with one leg." She said softly. They listened, so far these people had been nice. Then Eva teleported to the other side of the mountain. She found a cave there and went inside. She was glad to find an inside lake deep inside and the shieldon didn't have to afraid of the dark anymore because the moss was glowing and lighting up the cave. "Stay here. We'll keep watch over you until they go elsewhere. I'm going to get my friend now. Should be back in a few minutes or so." Eva said and let out her blissey. Blissey would stay with them.

Eva and gardevoir reappeared at the scene....

The scene was complete and utter chaos when she returned. Atem hadn't moved, and felt that he didn't need to. Things just stopped working. First, the truck had suddenly shifted gears and turned, clipping a tree and causing much confusion. After that, the hunter's lackeys found their wrist devices missing. Dusknoir was having far too much fun randomly possessing or messing with certain things.

Atem looked at Eva. "well, then, feel free to join in the fun." He said, smiling.

Eva saw this and wanted to burst out laughing, but there was no time for that. She called her venusaur out. The guys were running around and looked way too stressed. Venusaur did her grasswhistle. They had just about enough time to see the venusaur before they began to get sleepy and couldn't finish their thoughts, then passed out. However it would probably work on dusknoir too, but dusknoir could be recalled. Gardevoir had put a safeguard barrier around Eva, Atem and herself, not hearing a thing, so not falling asleep.

The chaos became a sudden silence as the grasswhistle put everything to sleep. Atem sighed, and went off to find Dusknoir. It wasn't hard, and he recalled the pokemon before returning to Eva. "So what should we do with them?" He asked simply. He wasn't sure if they needed to get the authorities, or just leave them there, having already deprived them of a catch.

"Gardevoir is already getting the police." Eva said. Gardevoir had teleported away and returned two minutes later with cops. The cops also found the location of the ship from the vehicles navigator and the police would be busy. Jenny thanked them. Eva smiled. "Now we're going to take care of those shieldon they were after. I brought them to a safe place out of reach. They're probably a bit scared. My blissey is with them. But they probably want to go home. It looks like they can soon." Eva said. Officer Jenny smiled. "That's great work, thank you. We'll need you to come down to the station in the morning to make an official statement, but take care of those shieldon first." She said. "Of course." Eva said.

"Common let's go to the shieldon." Eva said and gardevoir teleported them right to the three little pokémon. "I'm back and here's Atem." She said introducing her friend. "I bring good news. Those idiots have been arrested. With a little luck the police might even catch their boss." She said. The shieldon looked confused, but got a translation from blissey. The three little pokémon were all cuddled up against the pink pokémon.

Atem smiled. "It seems that Blissey is just everyone's best friend, huh?" He said. "Must be nice to have a pokemon that everyone just seems to want to hug." He added. "So are they owned? If they were fleeing from the hunters, you never really seem to know..." He said. he looked at the pokemon, and smiled. It was a good thing they had been around to fend them off.

"It's great. There's a reason chansey and blissey are the pokémon for being nurses. I don't know. But no trainer came looking even with all the noise going on. The police didn't find another campfire within reach. They're most likely wild." Eva said and took her pokédex out. She scanned and looked at their arsenal. "It doesn't look like they have trainers, those would have taught them other more out of sort moves. But I think maybe they should come with us tomorrow to see if anyone reported their shieldon missing." Eva replied. She let blissey handle the little pokémon which slowly began to fall asleep.

Atem nodded. "better safe than sorry." He said. "Either way, it's good that they didn't get them. I'm sure they aren't the nicest captors." He said. He sat down and relaxed. "I guess we should rest here for now, then." He said, stretching a bit. There wasn't much they could do with three sleeping pokemon around anyhow.

"That sounds good." Eva said and took out her sleeping bag and crawled inside. If it was anything in that cave it was cold. Hopefully Atem could stay warm. With no hole directly to the outside they couldn't light a fire. They might have to share bodyheat.

Atem stretched, and pulled out some blankets. They weren't going to help too much, but it was better than nothing, he guessed. He didn't want to have ninetales come out in here, because he was sure she would hate the cold inside. He wrapped some blankets about himself, but still looked a bit miserable.

"You're gonna freeze that way." Eva said. She was a bit nervous about them sharing her sleeping bag, but she couldn't let him get sick. "We could share my sleepingbag." She said. She wasn't sure how good an idea that was or what would happen, but she had no choice.

Atem stayed silent for a moment. "I don't want to make you uncomfortable..." He said. He was a bit nervous about that as well. "But... it would be nice..." He said. Freezing wasn't comfortable and would probably keep him awake all night, but if he was making her uncomfortable, he'd get uncomfortable too, and he didn't want to keep her up.

"The last thing we need is you getting sick so get your ass over here." Eva said. Uncomfortable or not she couldn't let him get sick. Blissey just smiled. Maybe the pokémon knew something they didn't. Eva laid to one side to he could join.

Atem simply nodded. "Allright." He replied, moving over to get into the sleeping bag. He put some blankets over them for added warmth. "Thank you." He said, giving her a friendly hug and enjoying the warmth she gave off.

Back
Top Bottom