Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A new adventure (Mera)

Eva looked at Dusknoir and tried to imagine the ghost as a duskull. "He must have looked so adorable." She said and smiled a little. They spent the hours talking as they walked on. When evening came it was time to set up camp. It would be a beautiful clear night, so no need to set up the tent. It was time to make dinner, then they could train.

"He doesn't agree." Atem said, laughing. He had a wonderful time just walking to her as they walked for hours more. He also felt no need to put up a tent, and it was also apparent that he didn't use any blankets either. He went and got some wood to make a small fire for warmth, and let out a Vulpix to light it for him. He relaxed after this, sitting by the fire with Vulpix in his lap. "It will be nice to have a night with human company. As much as I love my pokemon, it's nice to be able to have a two-sided conversation."

Eva chuckled a little. She and her pokémon gathered some ingredients and she made dinner. Fresh food for her pokémon, she was sure he packed food for his pokémon. Now all of her pokémon were out. Venusaur, pikachu, blissey, lucario, absol and gardevoir. They were a formidable team. "I know what you mean." Eva replied. "We should train after dinner." She told him.

He didn't pack much in the way of pokemon food. He packed a lot of berries that he had either grown himself or had picked up in his travels. Most of his pokemon seemed to have their own preferences, and so he fed them each some berries and some pokemon food as well. As he did, it would become apparent that he only had five pokemon: Dusknoir, Vulpix, Larvitar, Wobbuffet, and a Milotic. He gave Vulpix Milotic a few extra berries that were said to help improve looks, because he knew they each were proud of their looks. Atem even had a few berries for himself, which many people would consider odd, but he had acquired a liking for them.

"That sounds good." He said, smiling. He knew his pokemon would enjoy a chance to train.

Eva smiled. It seemed he had his own way of feeding them and they all looked strong and healthy. "You should start thinking about which pokémon you want to use in the first round and how to present it. Once you've got something in mind it's a matter of training." Eva told him while eating. After the dishes were done it was time to train. "So have you thought of something yet?" She then asked.

Atem paused, and nodded. "I think I'd like to try getting Milotic and Vulpix into it somehow. I'm sure they'd appreciate the attention." He said, gently rubbing Milotic's smooth scales and Vulpix's fur. Vulpix yipped at him and wiggled around, ending up looking cute. He petted her stomach. "And I think this one's getting antsy." He said, smiling. He looked at her. "But what exactly goes on in the contests? I've never gotten to see more than a minute or two."

"You're right vulpix will love it. The idea is to show off your pokémon. Use its character, looks and moves to show the audience how great your pokémon is. You'll get points for that. The best eight continue to the second round which means battle. But it's different from a gym battle. The idea is to make your opponent loose as many points as possible. You loose points if your move misses, if your opponent uses your move to his or her advantage or if you're hit. Also moves are supposed to be carried out with grace and precision." Eva told him.

Atem nodded and hugged Vulpix. "That sounds good. And since we'll have some time in town before the contest, I can keep my promise to her." He said. At this, Vulpix wagged her tails and yipped excitedly. "I know, I know, calm down, I said I would." He said, petting her. The little pokemon hopped out of his lap and ran in circles. "I think I need to tire her out in a less... crazy fashion." He said, laughing.

"You need to start training now. Even if you have thought of something it will take hours to perfect, days even. Besides vulpix looks like she's in the mood for some training." Eva said and looked at gardevoir. That would be her pokémon of choice for the first round. But their routine had been practised so much they could do it sleeping. That would be what he had to do.

Atem nodded. "Training does sound like the perfect plan." He said, standing. "cmon, Vulpix, we've got training to do." He said, as his pokemon followed him. He didn't go too far away, just enough that he had light still. "Let's see... executed with grace..." He said, smiling to Vulpix. "Mmm, I'm sure that you and Milotic can do that quite well."

Eva trained with gardevoir again. Just going through the routine a few times a day to keep it fresh in memory, then it was time for battle training which involved all pokémon. After the sun had set she stopped, it was really hard to see now. She recalled her pokémon and decided to change before sleeping.

Atem worked with Vulpix a little bit, simply aiming to get her used to what would be expected, as well as having her use some moves in ways that might not be expected. He practiced for a while, and his other pokemon helped, particularly Milotic, who seemed more than willing to lend assistance to Vulpix.

Eva had just registered for the Jubilife city contest. It would be great and start in an hour. It was time to make the last preperations. She pulled out her special outfit for contests and put the silk black dress on She put the right capsule around the pokéball and waited in the changing room.

Atem was also dressed in some rather good-looking clothes, the suit matching him well. He pulled out the pokeball and smiled. "Let's give them a show to remember." He said. He went to the changing rooms and waited patiently, smiling. He hoped to give people a surprise.

"Nice suit." Eva commented as she stood still next to him. Lillian had just started talking to the crowd. Atem was the first to go. After a long dragged out speech edging the crowd on she called him out and had told the crowd it was his debut. Eva watched, wondering what his performance would be like.

Atem smiled and looked at her. "Pretty dress." He replied. He listened, and smiled as he walked up, and let out his newly evolved Ninetales. There was a soft murmur in the crowd as people were shocked to see the pale blue fur in contrast to the normal yellowy fur of a ninetales. What people especially noticed, though, was the eyes. It was as if living flame burned within them.

"Ninetales, show them your Will'o'wisp." Atem said. Ninetales's eyes glowed, and the ghostly yet beautiful blue flames made a wreath about her neck, as well as points of blue flame following the tip of each tail. As the heat of the will'o'wisp grew, Ninetales took on a golden glow. There were gasps from the crowd as the pokemon took on a simultaneous beauty and mysteriousness that was difficult for many pokemon to copy. Ninetales stood, turned about once, and sat, as the effects faded slowly. There was a lot of applause as Atem and Ninetales moved off to the side. He'd shown a bit of Ninetales's ability, but left more to be seen.

Eva smiled that was a great performance and vulpix had evolved. It was great because ninetales in general were aways linked with mysterious powers. She watched the other participants before she was up last. She released her gardevoir. "Alright girl show them your moves." Eva said and gardevoir started with a graceful dance.
"Alright now use psychic." Eva said. Gardevoir used psychic to fly into air.
"Ice punch." Eva said and an ice punch in the air created a pillar of ice before turning the stage into a skating ring. Then gardevoir landed gracefully on the pillar and skated off, using the speed to make a triple sillouhette in the air and stop. Eva walked up next to her and they both bowed for the crowd. She had used this performance to show of how gracefully gardevoir could move.

Her score was high, just like Atem's. She went backstage again. "You did great." She told him now that the first round was over.

Atem smiled. "I figured I'd tease the crowd a bit. I think they liked it." He said, smiling. "Gardevoir was amazing too." He added. Ninetales nuzzled up against Atem's leg. "You know, I always thought Vulpix's fur was strangely colored... but this is just insane." He said, kneeling and hugging Ninetales. "Next is the battle, if I remember correctly?" He asked simply. Ninetales was more than prepared for that.

"She was indeed." Eva replied and looked at ninetales. "Insane, but really beautiful." She said and looked at the ninetales. "Indeed." Eva told him. The eight that got to go to round two were revealed and Eva and Atem had the highest scores of them all. The cards were shuffled and the only way they would meet in battle was the finals. But first were two more matches for each.

Atem nodded. "Beauty is sometimes mistaken as insanity. I think Ninetales is just fine." He said. He stood. "Looks like we'll only meet in the finals. Good luck, don't disappoint us." He said, smiling to Eva. "Allright, Ninetales, let's show them that beauty isn't just for show." He said, rubbing behind her ears, which obviously pleased Ninetales.

In the second round Eva had chosen for absol. Her first opponent although he fought with a hariyama had lost fast. Absol's incredible speed to dodge attacks and launch its own with amazing power and accuracy were too much for a fifteen year old boy to deal with. Eva smiled as she watched the other matches. She never doubted Atem would make it.

Her next match was against an insect type, a scizor. That was a pain in the ass, the scizor was fast. But she'd taught absol flamethrower and once it hit, it had hit hard and scizor was out for the count. During the next match which would decided her opponent she fed absol a berry to regain its energy also pikachu and blissey helped with helping hand. Absol was recharged for the last match. She wasn't surprized to learn that Atem would be her opponent.

Atem walked out, and Ninetales stayed at his side as he let out Milotic. His first opponent was a Skarmory. That was going to be a pain. However, even the steel pokemon slowed down in the face of Icy Wind, and soon became easy prey for Dragonbreath as it came to a halt finally. The second round wasn't too hard either, as the opponent's Dragonair couldn't stand the chill that Milotic brought to the field.

Atem gave a few berries to Milotic and smiled. "Allright, looks like we get to have a match with Eva." He said.

Eva was standing at her end of the stage. This was it. Absol was standing at her side already, she hadn't recalled it. She knew very well milotic's could be a big pain in the ass. Fortunately here it wasn't nescesarily about knocking your opponent out. Lillian was giving a way too long speech, why she did that Eva didn't know. When the match had officially begun Eva sent absol onto the field and waited for milotic's release.

Atem let Milotic out during the long speech, and smiled at Eva. Milotic avanced into the arena and looked at Absol. "Mmm, Absol. Quite a fast pokemon..." Atem commented. He waited somewhat impatiently for the speech to finish, and then smiled. "Milotic, let's turn down the heat. Icy Wind." He commanded. Milotic took a breath, and a blast of freezing wind erupted from it, freezing the ground along its path, aiming straight for Absol.

Well Lillian managed to finish the speech before her retirement. "Absol protect, then flash." Eva said. Protect stopped the icy wind and absol was already gathering light for the next move. The barrier came down after icy wind had ended and absol did flash to blind milotic and maybe Atem too. "Now do thunder wave." Eva ordered. The attack went straight for milotic.

Back
Top Bottom