Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

World Of Darkness Compiled, Update! please read first post!

--------------------------------------------
UPDATE 9-24
--------------------------------------------
OKay so some personal things happened in my life, I was unable to continue this roleplay. However, a decent amount of the starting crew are still interested in continuing this. As am I. If this catches your interest, please submit a character sheet to me by Sunday, October 2nd. I will be getting the threads unlocked then and hope to get the full RP back up and going by the weekend following, so by october 8th
-------------------------------------------
END OF UPDATE
-------------------------------------------

Vampires, Werewolves, Mages, Demons, shapeshifters, and more.
We’re living in a World of Darkness, where humans tend to be little more than pawns, or food. At least, that’s how it was before technology caught up with the supernatural. Cybernetic enhancements, technology combined with aspects of the supernatural, and genetic modifications are levelling the playing field. At least for those who know there is more to this world than their day to day lives. There are wars being waged every day that most humans aren’t very aware of. Battles between Vampire clans, spirits vying for power, the Wyrm trying to corrupt it all while the Garou (werewolves) born of Gaia use the rage they’ve been touched with to fight that corruption to varying degrees of success and failure.

What is your motivation? Money? Lust? The thrill of battle or of the hunt? The tingle you get up your spine when you manipulate someone into doing your bidding? Or do you want to fight for a noble cause? Try to bring a speck of light to this World of Darkness? Do you want to free your people from oppression? Protect those you love? Tell me your story so that we might continue it and shape the world around you.
Take stroll into the Darkness with me.

Okay so I want to do a World of Darkness roleplay with some fast and loose systems mechanics from WoD 20th anniversary edition. I would like to provide a setting and drive several stories forward from a diverse cast, so I want to allow every race imaginable from the World of Darkness setting. Humans, Vampires, Garou, Shapeshifters, Demons, Mages, etc. So right now I’m trying to gauge interest. Please post here if you want to see this happen!

EDIT!

I realize now I merely IMPLIED, but I am stating now EXPLICITLY that this game will take place in a cyberpunk style setting.

RE: World Of Darkness Compiled

My character sheet I submitted to DTH.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sv814f2ocl3xv52/Joe.pdf?dl=0

My Character's Background sent to DTH.

All unapproved still.

GM Question,"What is you name?"

"I am Joseph Cross. Go by Joe for short," Joe.

GM Question,"What was your life like before the embrace?"

"Boring. I was so bored. I worked a meaningless office job day in day out like some drone. To find excitement I tried a number of things. Underground fight clubs, petty theft, the shooting range, sports, anything to get a rush. It would last a while then back to that dull office and bland existence. Then she came," Joe.

GM Question,"Who is She?"

"Gwen Masters. A blood soaked angel fresh from the battlefield that slayed my boredom. One day she came to me and showed me a glimpse of a new life. Then she said,' Do you want to shuffle papers for the rest of your life!? or come with me and change the world!?", said Joe.

Gm Question,"Then what happened?"

"The embrace... then the training. She taught me things, she showed me how this city really was. She peeled back the mask and showed me the monsters, the power struggles, the hidden war."

GM Question,"What is your goal now?"

"I joined in with the Carmilla and earned Neonate status. I am an enforcer or a 'fixer' of sorts. I trouble shoot problems. My goal is to keep the Carmilla going. They need to change to the times, but the general idea is not bad. Vampires simply can't exist openly in today's world like the Sabbat nut jobs preach. You could say I am to change the world. Heh, at least I am no longer bored." replied Joe.

Joe Cross had a knack for learning new things quickly in life. He had potential or 'spark' in him that was not being used. Gwen Master's of the Carmilla noticed that. She looked at not what Joe currently was, but what he could be in the future with some polish. So she inducted him into the Carmilla. Joe is young by vampire standards, but eager to prove himself. But that eagerness to leap at opportunity just covers the thrill seeker within him.

All this is still unapproved, but you can see where I'm going. Hopefully this will inspire you Balphont.

Zeth said:

All unapproved still.

"Boring. I was so bored. I worked a meaningless office job day in day out like some drone. To find excitement I tried a number of things. Underground fight clubs, petty theft, the shooting range, sports, anything to get a rush. It would last a while then back to that dull office and bland existence. Then she came," Joe.

"Gwen Masters. A blood soaked angel fresh from the battlefield that slayed my boredom. One day she came to me and showed me a glimpse of a new life. Then she said,' Do you want to shuffle papers for the rest of your life!? or come with me and change the world!?", said Joe.

"The embrace... then the training. She taught me things, she showed me how this city really was. She peeled back the mask and showed me the monsters, the power struggles, the hidden war."

"I joined in with the Carmilla and earned Neonate status. I am an enforcer or a 'fixer' of sorts. I trouble shoot problems. My goal is to keep the Carmilla going. They need to change to the times, but the general idea is not bad. Vampires simply can't exist openly in today's world like the Sabbat nut jobs preach. You could say I am to change the world. Heh, at least I am no longer bored." replied Joe.

Joe Cross had a knack for learning new things quickly in life. He had potential or 'spark' in him that was not being used. Gwen Master's of the Carmilla noticed that. She looked at not what Joe currently was, but what he could be in the future with some polish. So she inducted him into the Carmilla. Joe is young by vampire standards, but eager to prove himself. But that eagerness to leap at opportunity just covers the thrill seeker within him.

All this is still unapproved, but you can see where I'm going. Hopefully this will inspire you Balphont.

Already sent mine in. Meant the terms and such was confusing. Haven't played anything attached to the world of darkness setting.

Zeth said:

All unapproved still.

Your math is fine and your backstory is... well... your backstory. The only reason I'd refuse it is if I felt it completely outside the realm of the world and/or dumb as shit.

Do you want us to mail those pdf sheets to you? Or should we just write down our stats and background?

I'm not gonna be able to join I'm afraid I wish you luck with it I'm simply too busy this weekend to get the char sheets done hell this is the only free time I have now sorry guys maybe the next one if there is one

Still accepting?

Edit: Withdrawing interest. Best of luck to the rest of you.

The OOC thread, Character Profile thread, and Rules and Set up Thread are all posted under the name Shadows in the Neon Night: A cyberpunk World of Darkness

Monica Carmichael: Daughter of Ether engineer and ascenion warrior.

37da50845903635be0ef831b62dee404.jpg

"Look, father. You taught me your art and your science. You taught me to fence, and fire a Tesla Ray. I learned everything you taught, and I'm hungry for more. More than that, I'm going to use these things. I'm going to make you proud in ways that you never thought to be proud of me for.

"I'm going to drag you and your old boys club kicking and screaming into the 21st century. Just look at the sleepers. Girls have taken the paths Madam Curie laid for us and used them as a rocket launch. We work in science, engineering, the arts, the police, and yes, the military.

"If a Sleeper girl can ascend to the highest levels of the U.S. Air Force and direct a successful war in Afghanistan, how much more can I do against the creatures of the night, with the enlightened science you've given me?

"Now I've said this, father. I'm not going to say it again. The next time you become aware of these truths, it will be as a result of my achievements."

--Monica Carmichael, Enlightened Scientist of the Sons of Ether Tradition, on her reasons for becoming an Ascencion Warrior. Spoken to her father, Dr. Dorian Carmichael, Vice Chair of the Fellowship of Visionary Researchers Gentleman's Club, on the night of her 19th birthday.

*Grins* Ooh? I'm no the only one? Awesome.

I edited in a bit of flavor text? What do you think.

(Funny thing about the Sons of Ether. So progressive and determined to bring the entire world with them to Ascencion, but at the same time an Old Boys Club always looking ot the past. :) )

Suoh-Maxwell said:
So when and where are we starting?

I'm going to be filling in the details of the world over this week. We will start soon, but I have a full work week all the way through to friday. I will try to get it started this weekend but make no promises

Only 3 people have posted characters on the character page...don't forget to do that people =)

Back
Top Bottom