Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

World Of Darkness Compiled, Update! please read first post!

--------------------------------------------
UPDATE 9-24
--------------------------------------------
OKay so some personal things happened in my life, I was unable to continue this roleplay. However, a decent amount of the starting crew are still interested in continuing this. As am I. If this catches your interest, please submit a character sheet to me by Sunday, October 2nd. I will be getting the threads unlocked then and hope to get the full RP back up and going by the weekend following, so by october 8th
-------------------------------------------
END OF UPDATE
-------------------------------------------

Vampires, Werewolves, Mages, Demons, shapeshifters, and more.
We’re living in a World of Darkness, where humans tend to be little more than pawns, or food. At least, that’s how it was before technology caught up with the supernatural. Cybernetic enhancements, technology combined with aspects of the supernatural, and genetic modifications are levelling the playing field. At least for those who know there is more to this world than their day to day lives. There are wars being waged every day that most humans aren’t very aware of. Battles between Vampire clans, spirits vying for power, the Wyrm trying to corrupt it all while the Garou (werewolves) born of Gaia use the rage they’ve been touched with to fight that corruption to varying degrees of success and failure.

What is your motivation? Money? Lust? The thrill of battle or of the hunt? The tingle you get up your spine when you manipulate someone into doing your bidding? Or do you want to fight for a noble cause? Try to bring a speck of light to this World of Darkness? Do you want to free your people from oppression? Protect those you love? Tell me your story so that we might continue it and shape the world around you.
Take stroll into the Darkness with me.

Okay so I want to do a World of Darkness roleplay with some fast and loose systems mechanics from WoD 20th anniversary edition. I would like to provide a setting and drive several stories forward from a diverse cast, so I want to allow every race imaginable from the World of Darkness setting. Humans, Vampires, Garou, Shapeshifters, Demons, Mages, etc. So right now I’m trying to gauge interest. Please post here if you want to see this happen!

EDIT!

I realize now I merely IMPLIED, but I am stating now EXPLICITLY that this game will take place in a cyberpunk style setting.

RE: World Of Darkness Compiled

I have none of the books. Can anyone spot me a copy of the 20th anniversary Edition?

Dan I vote the second way because I like to roll dice. But if that shit bogs the game down I'll switch to first.

I vote for the second. I prefer to roll dice myself.

okay then we'll be doing rolls! So everyone PM me how you'd like me to contact you for dice rolls.

Also there are only so many weapons in the books if we're doing cyberpunk what should we do about the advanced weapons etc?

Suoh-Maxwell said:
Also there are only so many weapons in the books if we're doing cyberpunk what should we do about the advanced weapons etc?
I'm gonna mock up a list of some weapons as well as their damages. Got an idea? Pitch it to me.

Rotten said:
Zeth showed me this! Can I join? :0
Yes. yes you can!

Zeth said:
Is the city Carmilla or Sabbat aligned?

Did you honestly think I'd make it that simple on myself? Or anyone? :p The city is disputed of course. Territory carved up in... well... some fashion. Still figuring that out.

Im in.

While Im normally a fan of sticking to one branch of the WoD, it will be interesting to see how this turns out. I just hope it wont turn into a super boyband of vamps, puppies, wizards, demons, ghosts, faeries, zombies and whatever else the world contains.

Now the tough job of choosing from among all that cool stuff... leaning towards a werewolf or perhaps a mage character, as I already have my vampire itch satisfied.

Would any werewolf players like to start a little pack perhaps, hunt some god damned wyrm spawn together?

Could be tempted to try an Ananasi... werespider! :p

A Dancer eh? Nice, ehr, I mean Bad! :p

I could be tempted to the dark side, but its so hard to choose from among all that awesomeness.

Well, this seems interesting. I suppose I'll be joining if you're not too terribly swamped.

Unbeknownst said:
Well, this seems interesting. I suppose I'll be joining if you're not too terribly swamped.

Yeah you can.

Okay so if we're gonna get this off the ground I'm going to have to ask that character sheets are in by next monday So I can pound out the rest of what I need to do to make this interesting. If you need my help with a character sheet, please PM me. Also for those who haven't, PM me your preferred communication method for dice rolls.

Edit: by next monday I do not mean tomorrow. I mean May 9

Ok. I have a week to figure this out then and hammer out a character. Hope that's enough.

Erinye said:
Ok. I have a week to figure this out then and hammer out a character. Hope that's enough.

I hope it is. And if it's not, there's a good chance you can still get one in as I'm working out details. I'm not asking for this as an absolute deadline, just to gauge the truly serious interest and if a decent amount of sheets roll in, I can flesh things out pretty well.

Oh and another thing. Backstories are mandatory. I'm not asking for pages and pages of backstory. In fact, I don't want pages and pages. 2 paragraphs - 2 pages is fine. I need a backstory so I can understand your character's goal and motivations. And build things accordingly

I realize I didn't EXPLICITELY state this, and merely implied it. This game takes place in a cyberpunk style setting. Just so everyone is aware.

Huh. I thought that was just a nod to some of the magey technology shenanigans.

So exactly HOW futuristic is this going to be? Is everyone walking around chromed?

Erinye said:
Huh. I thought that was just a nod to some of the magey technology shenanigans.

So exactly HOW futuristic is this going to be? Is everyone walking around chromed?

No not everyone. But it will follow the theme of high technology, low life. Some people will have enhancements, a large amount won't. the city will be glistening and attractive. At least if you live above the slums. There will be some AI aspects as well.

More likely than encountering lots of normal people with cybernetics and the like, it's the wealthy or the people who KNOW about the supernatural that have them. Though every day people may have some very minor enhancements, but nothing major. But this opens up the possibilty for a character to get tech'd out. Mages and humans can stand a better chance, or a Garou can kit themselves out as well. I'll be introducing a homebrew system for enhancements. If you have any ideas for cybernetics, hit me with em and I'll see if I want to include them

This makes a weaver aligned Ananasi much more appealing really, or maybe one of the techno mage traditions.

Back
Top Bottom