Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

World Of Darkness Compiled, Update! please read first post!

--------------------------------------------
UPDATE 9-24
--------------------------------------------
OKay so some personal things happened in my life, I was unable to continue this roleplay. However, a decent amount of the starting crew are still interested in continuing this. As am I. If this catches your interest, please submit a character sheet to me by Sunday, October 2nd. I will be getting the threads unlocked then and hope to get the full RP back up and going by the weekend following, so by october 8th
-------------------------------------------
END OF UPDATE
-------------------------------------------

Vampires, Werewolves, Mages, Demons, shapeshifters, and more.
We’re living in a World of Darkness, where humans tend to be little more than pawns, or food. At least, that’s how it was before technology caught up with the supernatural. Cybernetic enhancements, technology combined with aspects of the supernatural, and genetic modifications are levelling the playing field. At least for those who know there is more to this world than their day to day lives. There are wars being waged every day that most humans aren’t very aware of. Battles between Vampire clans, spirits vying for power, the Wyrm trying to corrupt it all while the Garou (werewolves) born of Gaia use the rage they’ve been touched with to fight that corruption to varying degrees of success and failure.

What is your motivation? Money? Lust? The thrill of battle or of the hunt? The tingle you get up your spine when you manipulate someone into doing your bidding? Or do you want to fight for a noble cause? Try to bring a speck of light to this World of Darkness? Do you want to free your people from oppression? Protect those you love? Tell me your story so that we might continue it and shape the world around you.
Take stroll into the Darkness with me.

Okay so I want to do a World of Darkness roleplay with some fast and loose systems mechanics from WoD 20th anniversary edition. I would like to provide a setting and drive several stories forward from a diverse cast, so I want to allow every race imaginable from the World of Darkness setting. Humans, Vampires, Garou, Shapeshifters, Demons, Mages, etc. So right now I’m trying to gauge interest. Please post here if you want to see this happen!

EDIT!

I realize now I merely IMPLIED, but I am stating now EXPLICITLY that this game will take place in a cyberpunk style setting.

RE: World Of Darkness Compiled

I am a Brujah Soldier concept. But Dan says we can submit more then one character for approval.

What do you get at skill level 4 again? An emphasis or something? Do you just make one up or is there a list?

Suoh-Maxwell said:
What do you get at skill level 4 again? An emphasis or something? Do you just make one up or is there a list?

A specialty. You get to make one up but it has to make sense and pertain to specific things

Okay so Unbeknownst asked me a question. What would a Supernatural Threat Response Team look like. And it was funny because I had already thought about putting something like that and was going to incorporate it. I wasn't going to reveal it until I started posting up world details, since I didn't think anyone would be interested in it. But I'll go ahead and post a synopsis of them now.

The Supernatural Threat Response Team, STRT and sometimes called the START for ease of pronunciation, are a government sanctioned, AI assisted, cybernetically enhanced, well equipped team who seek to protect the human element of the city from the supernatural that threaten it. On the team there are humans, mages, Garou defectors, and even Vampire defectors who have had a crisis of faith in the laws of the Masquerade. They're not a publicly known team, and the branch of the government funding them keeps themselves secret even from the START. They have successfully rooted out Garou dens, Vampire havens, evil Mage covens and even Demons in the name of protecting humanity. They can be ruthless and efficient, but not without heart. They won't indiscriminately destroy something of the supernatural, only if they feel a threat is posed to the citizenry will their eyes focus on you.

DamningTheHeavens said:
Suoh-Maxwell said:

A specialty. You get to make one up but it has to make sense and pertain to specific things

Found a list for Attributes with some examples.

http://www.thesubnet.com/portal/wod/vtm20/CreationAt.html

Trying to find one for appearance and not liking those examples...

Suoh-Maxwell said:
DamningTheHeavens said:
Suoh-Maxwell said:

Found a list for Attributes with some examples.

http://www.thesubnet.com/portal/wod/vtm20/CreationAt.html

Trying to find one for appearance and not liking those examples...

Then make one up bro.

There should be a list of sample specialties by the attribute and ability descriptions in the book, old and new.

If you want to play Assamite, and you are talking skills, I'm guessing you mean the melee ability? In any case lets use it as an example. This could be something as generic as specializing in swords or knives or other generic categories of weapons, like clubs/batons, OR it could be a specific maneuvre, like riposte or disarming.

The book lists knives, swords, improvised weaponry, riposte and disarms as specialties for melee. But a specialty could be almost anything, so if you have an idea not listed in the books, just ask your storyteller, DTH, if its ok.

EDIT: Oh, you actually said appearance. Neeeeevermind, heh. Well, most of what I said still applies, make up a specialty.

Erinye said:
There should be a list of sample specialties by the attribute and ability descriptions in the book, old and new.

If you want to play Assamite, and you are talking skills, I'm guessing you mean the melee ability? In any case lets use it as an example. This could be something as generic as specializing in swords or knives or other generic categories of weapons, like clubs/batons, OR it could be a specific maneuvre, like riposte or disarming.

The book lists knives, swords, improvised weaponry, riposte and disarms as specialties for melee. But a specialty could be almost anything, so if you have an idea not listed in the books, just ask your storyteller, DTH, if its ok.

EDIT: Oh, you actually said appearance. Neeeeevermind, heh. Well, most of what I said still applies, make up a specialty.
Ya for skills it's easier. For a lot of traits it's easy. But appearance? It's a little more difficult. I wanted something along the lines of 'makes you swoon with a smile' kind of thing

Captivating smile? Seductive smile?

I dont know. Thats a tough one to phrase.

Suoh-Maxwell said:
Erinye said:

Ya for skills it's easier. For a lot of traits it's easy. But appearance? It's a little more difficult. I wanted something along the lines of 'makes you swoon with a smile' kind of thing

Captivating smile. Smiling at someone during a conversation lowers their dice pool to resist manipulation or seduction by 1. Sound good?

DamningTheHeavens said:
Suoh-Maxwell said:
Erinye said:

Captivating smile. Smiling at someone during a conversation lowers their dice pool to resist manipulation or seduction by 1. Sound good?
Sure sounds good.

Cybernetics

Cybernetics aren’t exactly incorporated through the entirety of World of Darkness. They’ve pretty much been exclusive to the Technocracy, as they were less technology and more magical item packaged into a shell that you could shove into your body to enhance certain aspects. The Cybernetics in THIS game, however, ARE products mostly of science, with a few aspects of the supernatural.

How it’s going to work: Each dot in base stamina will give you 1 point of cybernetic equip weight, up to 5. Each cybernetic comes in a tier, and the tier decides the equip weight based on a few modifiers we’ll get into in a moment. Cybernetics also have a unified operating system, which means they interface with your brain in much the same way as you’d interface with a computer. So if you don’t have any computer skills, well you probably won’t be able to figure out a cybernetic’s interface. Being better at handling a cybernetic also means that it will take less toll on your body as it operates, so every 2 points in computer use lowers the weight of a cybernetic by 1, and at 5 computer use, a tier 1 cybernetic would count as 0.5 weight. You can not come up with a specialty in cybernetics to alleviate weight, but you CAN come up with a specialty that adds modifiers to their effectiveness.
Cybernetics tiers and weights:

Tier 1:
Weight at 1 computer use: 2
Weight at 2 computer use: 1
Weight at 4 computer use: 1
Weight at 5 computer use: 0.5

Tier 2:
Weight at 1 computer use: 3
Weight at 2 computer use: 2
Weight at 4 computer use: 1

Tier 3:
Weight at 1 computer use: 4
Weight at 2 computer use: 3
Weight at 4 computer use: 2

Tier 4:
Weight at 1 computer use: 5
Weight at 2 computer use: 4
Weight at 4 computer use: 3

Cybernetics available: This list is not completely comprehensive and you can pitch me something and I’ll consider it.

Tier 1:

Com-link: Allows you to communicate with anyone on the same band as you. This is non-verbal and much like telepathic communication, but with technology instead of magic. The auto-translator integrated into its operating system can translate any known earthly language including that of animals, allowing Garou in non-homid form to communicate remotely with humans. Com-links can be sniffed and hacked. To hack into a com-line, one must roll wits+computer at a difficulty equaling the com-link bearer’s computer x 2 with a max of 8

Pheromone package: Can be activated to enhance natural pheromone production in the living, but in the undead it comes with several add-ons that place pheromone packets under key places in their skin so when the package is activated, pheromones permeate from them as if they were a normal person. This adds 1 die to the dice pool for any appearance based roll. The pheromone package can be overclocked. The roll is straight computer use at difficulty 7, no increased successes for more than 1 successful role. If your rolls of 1s exceed successes, however, your package overheats, causing 1 point of lethal damage and causing the implant to shut down for a day to reconfigure itself. If the overclock attempt is successful, you add 2 dice instead of 1 for that activation.

Self-preservation unit: allows one use per battle an attempt to soak aggravated damage that is normally unsoakable to the species of the character. It can be activated after the damage rating of an aggravated damage attack has been determined.

Ocular assistance implant: Automatically reworks the way the eye communicates with the brain, allowing for better vision in low-light situations. Not quite as good as actual NVG, but it also comes with the benefit of protecting your vision from extreme bright light. You can resist flashbangs with a perception + alertness roll difficulty 8 roll. If you issue the command to the implant fast enough, it will constrict your pupils to almost pin-sized, making flashbangs look like little more than a lamp turning on when it’s pitch-dark.

Stamina booster: Flushes the lactic acid in your muscles and increases the oxygen intake of your longs when activated, giving you a true second wind. Good for long runs or chases, and if you’re a Garou, allows for ridiculous amounts of travel in Lupus or Hispo form. Resets your stamina limit, doubling the distance you can run once a day.

Tier 2:

Healing package: Can be used in battle or out to accelerate natural healing, healing 1 point of the most severe damage currently sustained. The system hyperactivates your body’s processes, burning calories and nutrients at an extreme rate in order to accelerate the healing process. Because of this, the system has a failsafe so that it can’t be used more than once a week, since draining the body of that much of its resources more than once a week would cause an agonizing nutrient-death.

Muscle stimulant: Adds 1 die to the dice pool for strength based rolls for 1 scene or 1 battle. Causes your muscles to function at a capacity that you would only be able to summon in times of stress otherwise. Much like these periods of tension or distress, after the affect ends, your muscles will become very tired and you will suffer -1 dice to your dice pool for strength based rolls for one full scene or the next battle. The system is on a full day cooldown so as to not burn up your muscle tissue.

Delirium Neutralizer: Strongly encouraged for START members that are human. Upon seeing a creature that would incite Delirium, the device attempts to block the frenzy affect that ensues. The user of this implant, instead of rolling wits+occult difficulty 9 and adding the successes to effective willpower against Delirium, rolls wits+computer difficulty 7, adding those successes to effective willpower against Delirium.

Tier 3:

Targeting overlay: This implant is planted directly into one’s dominant eye and it creates a targeting HUD for assisting in quick aim. You do not have to stand still to accurately aim your weapon, and the only time you do suffer a penalty to hit with ranged weapons is at a dead sprint.

Reflex accelerator: Speeds up the user’s reflexes passively, adding 1 to their dice pool for rolls involving brawl, melee, or athletics. This effectively increases hit and dodge chance. The system can also be activated for an additional 1 die to previously mentioned dice rolls. If this is used, the effect lasts one battle or scene and after the battle or scene is over, the passive benefit is lost for half a day to allow the user’s mind to reach equilibrium again.

Advanced healing package: Same effects as healing package, but has additional hardware to detect an incapacitation event, and if the system isn’t on cooldown, will automatically heal the user for 1 point of the most severe damage done, preventing the incapacitation. Can not be implanted alongside the healing package, but the healing package can be upgraded to this form.

General perception suite: several small implants with a unified operating system to enhance your senses. Any rolls involving alertness, perception and investigation are increased by 1 die, and if a roll requires perception + either of the other skills, the difficulty is lowered by 1 as well. No active uses, but there is the drawback that there is no protection from loud noises, foul smells, or bright lights.

Tier 4:

Cybernetic eyes: A full replacement of both eyes to cybernetic variants. Includes perks of Targeting Overlay, Ocular Assistant package, as well as allowing the user to swap wavelength viewing at will. They can see in infrared, UV, regular spectrum, and even X-Ray (though the X-ray does not send OUT x-rays. This is only useful in circumstances where x-rays are already present). The drawback to this is that the user’s eyes are now an electronic piece of equipment. EMP? Blinded until they can reactivate. Get your head smashed a little? There’s a chance the electronics break. You’ll have to get them repaired or replaced.

Wrist Weapon: Obligatory Deus Ex style blade in the wrist implant. Its stats are like a normal sword, so refer to a sword for damage, or you can kit it out with silver if it tickles your fancy. You can, however, fool an enemy with this by punching them and making your blade jut out in the same action, causing minor blunt damage from the punch, then lethal or aggravated damage via the sword. However, the weapon could also be a wrist-insert flame thrower or plasma weapon. There’s less to say about those, they’re functional and difficulty to hit is lowered by one if the enemy doesn’t expect it.

Mechanical arm: Maybe your arm got damaged, maybe you just want a god damn mechanical arm. Your grip is strong, and any roll you conduct involving strength has a permanent +1 to the dice pool. You can add a wrist weapon for an additional 1 weight, meaning you need at least 2 in computer use to have a mech arm + wrist weapon. If you have 5 computer use, you can add a wrist weapon to a mechanical arm for no additional weight cost. Same drawbacks as cybernetic eyes.

Can't wait for the advanced equipment list. This vamp is turning out to be insane...

Count me In I have a demon idea IV been working on in a while. Or I'll be a human

Any restrictions? Or how outlandish can they be? The demon is a bit of a doozie

Samuel Wolf said:
Any restrictions? Or how outlandish can they be? The demon is a bit of a doozie

As long as you create the character the same way the rulebook says you can, go for it

Ok could I get the links I need please so I don have to try and find them in the last posts

Samuel Wolf said:
Ok could I get the links I need please so I don have to try and find them in the last posts

All of the character sheets are on a post on the first page.

Suoh-Maxwell said:
Can't wait for the advanced equipment list. This vamp is turning out to be insane...

WoD is not about equipment lists! It is about telling stories! Just take an existing item from the book, fiddle with the stats and ask the ST if you can have it. He will tell you either, "No that is broken and/or stupid" or "Okay, that is legit." Remember, EPIC STORIES!

Back
Top Bottom