Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Life of Valor (Grave x Kat)

Jessica smiled brightly as they sat in the car. "I did. Thank you." She said before she blushed a bit in the kiss and kissed back softly, sighing in comfort.

Scott kissed her for a while before gently pulling away.
"I'm glad."
He started the car and drove it back home. Once they were inside, he got ready for bed. When he and Jessica were in bed, he put his arms around her and held her close. Within a few minutes, he was asleep.

Jessica was blushing brightly by the time he pulled away and looked at him shyly, nodding as she smiled softly on the ride home before she got ready for bed, wearing a simple t-shirt and pair of boxer shorts before sighing in comfort in his arms and falling asleep as well, cuddled up to him.

One month later, Scott and Jessica attended the trial of the former Mr. Cold. Scott testified to what he had heard, that he was coerced into crime by mobsters who threatened the life of his son. After a two day deliberation, the jury found him not guilty. Scott shook his hand before leaving the courtroom with Jessica, wishing him and his son well in their future. One week after the conclusion of the trial, Scott was preparing to go to Kasha to begin his training to fight Jukei and the Grymwar.
"You know, babe, I think I can handle this myself," he told Jessica, trying to convince her to stay behind on Earth where it was safer.

Last edited:
Jessica smiled happily as He was found not guilty and wished him and his son well, smiling brighter as she received a hug from his son.

Jessica rolled her eyes as she packed. "I know you probably can, but I'm still coming, it would be better for both of us if I was there."

Scott grimaced a bit. He could tell by her tone of voice that she would not be dissuaded from going. He also had to admit that she was right, that he would feel better with her with him.
"Okay, babe, you win."
When they were both finished packing, they got into the car and began driving to an empty field where they had agreed to meet Enjela. She was waiting for them, a smile on her face.

"Scott, Jessica, welcome."
"Your Majesty," Scott replied with a slight bow of his head.
"Are you ready to begin the journey?"
"Yes," Scott replied with a nod.
He reached out and gently took her hand while Jessica took her other hand. With Enjela's willpower, they were whisked across dimensions to Kasha along with their luggage.

Scott looked around at the beautiful tranquil palace that resembled marble and smiled.
"You have a beautiful home."
"The true beauty is in the happiness that it brings my people," Enjela responded gently.
Servants of the Empress appeared to take their luggage and show them to their room. Scott followed them, marveling at the architecture as Jessica walked beside him.
"I wasn't sure what to expect Kasha to look like, but it is certainly more beautiful than I imagined."

Jessica smiled, glad he wasn't going to argue this and kissed his cheek before dipping her head to Enjela in respect. She then took her other hand and stumbled a bit as they landed, still not used to such forms of travel. She looked around as well. She smiled as she walked alongside Scott and nodded in agreement. "Very much so..."

When they reached their room, Scott liked that the architecture was much the same. The bed was very normal, looking not unlike theirs on Earth. The Kashans bowed respectfully and left the room. Scott turned to Jessica and sat on the bed next to her.
"Well, this is it. The biggest battle of my life will soon begin."

Scott could see Jessica's worry and hugged her back. He wished that he could reassure her, but this was going to be an incredibly dangerous battle. To say he was going to be all right would be minimizing it,though he hoped to be ready for it when the time came. He turned to the door as as he heard a gentle knocking. Enjela smiled and bowed slightly.
"Scott, it is time to start your training."

Scott placed his hands on Jessica's shoulders.
"I have to go, but I'll see you later."
He kissed her cheek and got up to go toward Enjela.
"Jessica, feel free to explore the palace and the city if you must. I would advise not to go outside the city, though, so you don't get lost."
Enjela and Scott walked down the hallway, eventually arriving in a courtyard.

Within the courtyard, there was a statue of a very dignified looking Kashan staring at the horizon with a determined look on his face. There was an inscription at the base of the statue, but it was in a language that Scott could not read.
"Who is this man?" he asked.
"This is my deceased husband, the former Emperor of Kasha. The inscription calls him the Kashaxi, the great hero who sacrificed his own life to further the use of the Voltari Armor Weapons System. After his death,this statue was erected so that no one would ever forget how dedicated he was to his people."

Scott nodded solemnly, realizing that he was walking the path this man had blazed. They felt like awful big shoes to fill now.
"So, he was the first to have a Voltari Soul placed in his body?"
"Yes, for he would not allow his people to face unknown danger. The Voltari Soul was that of Valor's father, who we will call Honor, in your language. Although you come from two entirely different dimensions, you and the Kashaxi have iron-clad bonds connecting you, Scott."

Scott was shocked by this revelation, having never known that Valor's father had also undergone the soul bonding process.
"The first stage of your training will be bettering your understanding of how to fight one who also uses a Voltari Soul. Follow me to the training room and we will begin."
Scott nodded and began to follow Enjela once more. In all of the many battles he had had, this would be his first time facing one who also wielded a Voltari Soul. Steeling his resolve, he knew that he would weather any storm to save these people that had treated him like family.

Jessica hugged him tight then looked up as Enjela walked in and nodded softly, letting him go and staying in the room for a while before cautiously getting up and slowly making her way around the castle then into the town.

Scott and Enjela entered a training room within the castle, although it was bare of any kind of furniture that would tell someone what kind of room it was. Enjela began glowing with a blue aura as she created her own space-time within the room with her heart, so that whatever she willed would be there. This made the room dark except for a glowing Enjela. She fixed Scott with a determined look, ready to begin his training in earnest.
"Your first challenge will be to face my memories of my husband the Kashaxi. Ready yourself."

Scott used the Quick Armor ability to cover himself and got into a fighting stance. Within moments, a flesh and blood version of the statue he had seen earlier appeared, with a red and gold Voltari Armor arm covering his right arm.
"Red and gold? Wait a minute, is that--"
"No," the soft voice of Enjela replied, "It is not a Forbidden Tenth Fist. I believe that Valor turns red and gold in that form because he is the son of Honor."

The Kashaxi rushed at Scott, his fist glowing in a manner so familiar.
"Fist of Honor!" he cried in his native language, although no sound came from his mouth.
Enjela knew that hearing her dead husband's voice once more would be more than she could bear, so she left that part of him out of this memory come to life. Scott decided to counter with his Fist of Valor, and the two met in the center. There was a clash of energy, and when Scott saw it was a stalemate, he took the initiative and landed a counter uppercut with his other arm. The Kashaxi flew up, but backflipped in mid-air to land on his feet before rushing forward again.

The battle continued for some time, with Scott's superior training getting the better of his opponent, yet it was an opponent that never stopped coming forward relentlessly. When the Kashaxi closed once more, he struck Scott in the chest with his uncovered arm, producing incredible impact that almost cracked his armor. Scott struck the wall and his mind raced.
"That technique...It was Xiao Lee."
Xiao Lee was an incredibly advanced Kung-Fu technique in which the user takes a ton of attacks and then sends all of the combined force back into the opponent. Each time the Kashaxi had recovered from Scott's attack, he had been storing up energy for this counterattack.

Enjela willed away the projection and approached Scott.
"The lesson that this training session imparts is that you should always expect those with the Voltari to attack in unexpected ways. Dulzak did not know this lesson and it cost him his life. Don't let the same thing happen to you, Scott."
Scott nodded, internalizing the lesson.
"Come, it is time for you to spar with living, breathing users of the Voltari."

A young Kashan woman found Jessica wandering the palace and approached her.
"Hello, you are the human woman that came from Earth with Scott, right?"
She made a gesture back toward the castle.
"Some of us young Kashan women are getting together to practice the manifestation of our emotions. Would you like to join us?"
This was the young Kashan woman's first meeting with an Earthling, and it took all of her willpower not to pepper her with questions.
"Oh, my name is Mitzalah. You can call me Mitzi, if you want."

Jessica looked over at the woman who approached her and smiled a little in greeting. "Yes, my name is Jessica." She then blinked in surprise when the woman invited her to go somewhere with her friends and smiled. "Oh, that sounds fun. I don't know how to do that though, but I'd love to come along an watch." She replied and held out her hand to shake her's. "Nice to meet you Mitzi."

Mitzi looked at her hand and tentatively reached out to shake it. Empress Enjela had told her this was a human custom, and at this point, she was far more used to the greetings Kashans gave each other, which was an emotional connection caused by being in close proximity to one another. Mitzi gently shook her hand and smiled.
"Nice to meet you, Jessica."
She walked with her to a room in the castle, where four other young Kashan women were sitting in chairs in a semicircle.
"Everyone, this is Jessica, the companion of Scott and Valor."

Every young Kashan woman shook her hand, and had Jessica sit in a chair with them.
"Each of us does this as a hobby, since we want to get as good at manifesting our emotions as Empress Enjela. The people of Kasha know how to deeply connect with each other emotionally, and it makes a romantic relationship so intense and fulfilling."
Mitzi looked at Jessica.
"Imagine Scott comes home upset, but can't talk about it. By connecting with him in our empathic manner, you could see into his heart and know exactly what he's feeling and why. This emotional bonding soothes heart pain and helps foster a deeper connection."

Mitzi closed her eyes and a light blue aura could be seen faintly around her. A cloud appeared in the center of the room, and within it, a young Kashan male appeared.
"This is my love, Johash."
Johash was a well-built young man with the spotted skin of his race and short reddish-hair. A blush appeared on Mitzi's face and she showed the two of them sitting and holding hands, connecting with each other in a kind of double meditation. This vision showed a representation of what Mitzi had been talking about, so that Jessica could see it for herself.

Jessica smiled at her politely and followed her, greeting each of the women in the circle politely and sitting down. She nodded along as Mitzi explained what the emotion manifestation was. "I see..." She said. "That sounds very useful." She smiled as she saw Mitzi show her her love. "He's very handsome." She commented.

Mitzi blushed a bit at Jessica's comment.
"Thank you. Johash and I are deeply in love, and I love that emotional manifestations lets us bond so much."
She turned to Jessica.
"Why don't you try? Show us a time with Scott that meant so much to you."

Mitzi smiled.
"That's okay, Jessica. None of us knew how when we first started, either. We'll teach you how to do it."
She turned to face her manifestation.
"Close your eyes and clear your mind of all thoughts except the ones related to your emotions. Before you can project your emotion, it has to fill you, like putting film into a camera before taking pictures."

The room they were in was a special room built for emotionally manifesting. While it was possible that only a Kashan could create their own "room" and do it anywhere, this room was special in that it boosted any race's ability to do it naturally. The extra help was perfect for training novices in the art, and this is why Enjela had given this room to their group so that they could hone their abilities. Within this room, even Jessica could manifest her emotions if she followed Mitzi's instructions.

Mitzi could see that Jessica was filling up with her love for Scott, as evidenced by the blushing on her cheeks.
"Okay, now focus your mind on one specific memory that you have with him that is very special to you. You have to focus hard on it so that it can manifest."
A slight aura could be seen around Jessica as she did so. Once she focused on a specific memory, a cloud-like object would appear in the center of the room. This cloud would expand as her memory became clearer, forming the memory that she had.

Scott had followed Enjela to a courtyard where five young Kashan men were standing around at attention. Each of them had a Voltari Arm, the colors shining brilliantly in the sunlight. It was a sad but dignified scene, as Scott realized that each of these young men had sentenced themselves to an early death. Though they lived side-by-side in harmony, a Voltari Soul could not survive in a Kashan body for reasons that had yet to be fully explained. The Voltari Soul unintentionally became a parasite and drained the Kashan body of its vital energy, ultimately killing its host and itself, by extension. These five young men had followed in the footsteps of the Kashaxi to better Scott's understanding of his Voltari, and would hopefully be the last to die this kind of agonizing death.

Enjela had Scott stand across from the young Kashan men.
"You will spar with each of these young men in turn, continuing your training of battling against Voltari users. They have practiced for over a week to prepare for you, and should provide a measure of challenge."
The first of the Kashans bowed and assumed a fighting stance similar to a boxer's. Almost before Scott was ready, he was pressing ahead with a flurry of fists. Scott moved around the fists, scoring an uppercut to daze him before the fight began in earnest.

Jessica nodded silently and focused on her favorite memory with him. When they first really hung out and had fun, when they played basketball in the park.

Scott continued to spar with the current Kashan, scoring hits on him with his martial arts mastery. Seeing that he was not a match, the Kashan launched his special technique.
"Fists of Muama!"
Jabbing in rapid succession with his right fist, he landed six clean shots to the chest that launched Scott into the air. Moving into a backflip while in the air, Scott landed on his feet and came back with a Fist of Valor to score a victory. He then sparred with the remaining four without taking a break, surprised by their imaginative moves and combative nature.

Enjela turned to him.
"Each Kashan you have faced has brought their own unique abilities to the table, but none are as advanced in their bonds as you. Your true opponents are just as advanced as you, and so you must use what you have learned to prepare yourself."
Scott bowed to her and his opponents.
"Thank you for your help."
Enjela bade he follow her into the castle, and so he did.

Mitzi and the other Kashan women looked at Jessica's memory as it played before them. There was a sweetness and innocence about it, a playfulness that showed two people having fun.
"What activity are you two doing? I do not know of it."
The strength of this memory clearly showed, as they could feel much energy radiating off of it. Jessica was showing surprising proficiency in emotionally manifesting.

Jessica smiled a little, happily as she continued to focus on the memory but was proud of herself for being able to manifest it. "It's called basketball. The goal of the game is to get the ball through your target hoop more times than your opponent." She said, smiling fondly at the memory.

Back
Top Bottom