Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Therapist [Ladydark/SWN1994]

That morning Annie was the first to wake before her dad or baby brother. She began downstairs and peeked into the kitchen before making her way over to Uncle Tony and happily climbed onto one of the chairs "Do you want some help?" she asked happily. Annie was use to getting up early, she had to back in the foster home as to help make breakfast and to ensure a plate was saved for her baby brother. Not to mention sharing a room with two other kids usually meant she was the first to wake up to ensure they didn't take her shoes just because they wanted too.

Looking over to the batter, Annie leaned over to look at the batter before looking back to Tony "What are you making? It smells good!"

Nathan made his way to the garden, the stuff toy in arms as he ignored the people around him. Two weeks...just two weeks...you can handle that. You were gone for a month from Tony! You can handle this. That mind set of trying not to panic brought Nathan's stomach to churn and when breakfast would be brought, he figured that he may not be able to really eat any of it in fear of getting a upset stomach. Taking a deep breath Nathan went out to the garden and found a seat under a tree and simply sat there. What else could he do?

Jared came down with the Kevin in his arms, still half-asleep, and smiled seeing the pair "What have you two been up too?"

"Will it be anything like a Hell House? That was the only real places we got to go through and … I rather be scared than sad to be honest." Nathan muttered. Hell Houses were like Haunted Houses, but instead of being used for fun and scaring others it was normally used to scare people into becoming religious with using the most outrages situations and threat of hell to have people to join their religion. To say it was fun at all was a long shot, and more hurtful than anything. Nathan just hoped the haunted house would be anything like that.

Nathan slept in again. He had been doing that more lately and even though he skipped dressing and brushing his hair to get Tony's breakfast ready and straighten out his clothes, though always in his jammies and with his little green apron around him. "Mmm...Tony?" Nathan spoke softly as he looked over to try and see if Tony was still in bed with him.

Tony looked up when Annie came into view and smiles “Good morning little one... You’re up early...” He had wanted to cook alone, but her smiling face was helping him to relax more, he nods. “I’m making pancakes... You can help by mixing in the fruit... Ok? Mix it nice and slow ok, so no spilling... Yes, just like that...” He slowly adds the fruit, and watches her, would it be like this with his own daughter. While she’s mixing, he turns to heat the pan for them and adds a little oil.

He turns when he hears another voice and smiles again, then moving to pull her chair by the stove. “Oh just making breakfast...” He takes the bowl and sets it by the stove, slowly adding some to the pan. He glances back at Jared and smiles sadly “I’m sorry about last night...” He looks back to Annie and rubs her back as he then helps her to flip the first pancake.

“A... Hell house... They still had those? No, haunted houses are nothing like that... And they have scare levels... So they don’t scare little kids too bad... Or those with real fears... Yes it’s meant to scare, but also be fun...”

They went to sleep like normal, Tony holding him close and under the covers. During the night they moved apart like normal as well. He had a later start the next day so didn’t mind sleeping in. He woke slightly when Nat called him and smiles, rolling over to be closer. “Hey... Morning babe...” He leans over and kisses him softly, it wasn’t often he got to wake up with him still in bed.

Jared offered an understanding smile and shook his head "No need for sorry here. Heh, anyway. Hows about I take the kids to get dress and let you finish up?" he offered. Annie pouted and shook her head "I wanna cook! Please daddy, I'll get dress as soon as I'm done helping." Annie said as she kept stirring the mixture. Looking up to Tony she begged to help change her father's mind.

After breakfast Annie and Kevin went out to play with their dogs. Jared sighed softly and looked over to Tony. Leaning over he kissed Tony's cheek and smiled "You don't need to say sorry for anything, okay? I understand, this is a lot to take in and with how everything has been happening, you don't have to feel like you're a burden or anything." Jared held Tony's hand as he spoke softly. His gaze turned to the kids and he chuckled.

"Annie and Kevin are really happy that the both of you will be staying here till the big move. Which reminds me, when you guys move before us, I was thinking of keeping this house. Maybe come back here during special holidays or just when we want to come back for awhile." Jared suggested, attempting to get Tony's mind off of yesterday. It had to be hard on the two of them.

It was barely early afternoon for Nathan when he checked the time. He had moved between the garden and his room a couple of times after breakfast, which wasn't bad but wasn't what he was use to anymore, and just waited till his new therapist would come to talk to him. Who knew what would happen with that.

"Yeah, they still do those...with better special effects." he muttered softly as the image of the gay couple dying of aids replayed in his head. Shivering he hugged Tony. Nathan didn't like it back then and he didn't like it now. It was so cruel to think how everyone was portrayed and how the "devils" mocked those "dying".

Nathan smiled softly and kissed back as he pulled himself closer to Tony. Nuzzling his head under the other's chin, Nathan sighed softly as he just enjoyed being in his lover's arms. "You don't go into work till later right?" Nathan normally never asked this, mostly just asking when he'd be back to have dinner ready, but today he just wanted Tony to be with him a little longer. He just wanted to be with his boyfriend, lazy in bed. "Mmm..." pulling the covers up the young man closed his eyes as he listened to Tony's breathing.

Tony smiles back and leans down to kiss Annie on the top of her head, rubbing her back. “I’m only just starting sweety... You get dressed and come back... There will still be plenty to do...” He didn’t want to make her feel like her help wasn’t wanted, but that she had other things to do first. He took over her job and took his time cooking until she came back.

Annie helped to cook most of the pancakes, then had to sit down so the sausages didn’t splash her. When they were finished eating and the kids were out back, Tony sat back and sighed. He looked at him when he spoke and nods slightly “I know... And I badly wanted to join you all in bed... But...” He looks down “Nat didn’t have anybody last night... I didn’t think it would be fair...” He sighs softly and leans against Jared slightly, he just felt out of place. “I don’t even have work to distract me...”

He looks at him and smiles a bit “I’m glad they’re happy... You three are so much closer then just friends... We couldn’t just move away...” He nods “Yeah, we want to keep ours as well... At first Nat wanted to visit with his parents... But I’m not sure how that will go now... He said last night that he doesn’t want to see them while he’s there...”

He slowly finishes his breakfast, cause he wasn’t very hungry before, he then stands to set his dishes in the sink. “I should give him a call... I hope he got some sleep... Oh... I have another favour to ask you...” He moves to sit across from him and smiles “I promised while Nat was in there that I’d look into finding us a daughter... I’m sure you have a few contacts or numbers that I can call...”

“Those things are horrible... They should be banned... They show nothing but lies...” He gives Nat a hug and soft kiss “You’ll never see one again... I promise...”

Tony smiles and moves closer, rubbing his back “Mmm... Right... Not till after lunch...” He leans down and kisses his cheek softly. “I can pick up food later... This is nice...” He relaxes under the covers and holds his young lover closer.

"...You know he wouldn't want that though. If he finds out he'd probably be more upset. I'm pretty sure he went thinking you'd be fine without him, that you had us to keep you comfort. Besides, you not sleeping with us won't make it more unfair than it is...but it could help Nathan knowing you aren't alone." Jared said trying to convince Tony yo at least sleep with them in the big bed. He wasn't lying, if Nathan found out that Tony was punishing himself (which the kids would probably tell him), Nathan might be more upset. Nathan would be more upset if he found out.

Jared smiled softly as he took a sip of his coffee and paused for a moment when Tony asked him a favor. Swallowing his coffee in a big gulp, the older male stared at Tony before nodding. "Y-yeah! I have a lot of contacts and Jamie, the one who helped me with Annie and Kevin, is really helpful. Erm, you guys are going to need your passports, social security cards, and form of ID. So, might take a bit, but she'll help you guys along the way. Wow...I never thought either of you would really want to adopt. I'm kinda surprise."

It was a comfort to know he'd never have to go through another Hell House or being made feel guilty for not joining one of the Hell Houses when asked. Since the year he was kidnapped, Nathan had found more and more things he liked being away from home. More freedoms, ironic, he was able to explore his own identity, explore his sexuality, and more importantly he didn't always feel guilty for small things he did or acted a certain way. Of course he missed his family, but he didn't want to be taken from Tony. It was a rough spot for the boy.

Nathan chuckled softly and sunk into the warm from his lover. Spending time with Tony was turning from sexual into something that felt deeper. It was weird, but a nice way of seeing their maturing relationship. "Alright..maybe we could have something delivered? I know of this good place that delivers and that way you don't have to be rushing around."

Tony nods “I know he wouldn’t... But I had to... At least for last night...” He sighs softly “But I’m sure he’s more worried about my court date... But I’ll share the bed with you guys tonight... I don’t think the kids will have it any other way...”

He smiles and nods “Yes... Nathan didn’t want any it first... He gave a very strong no... And I was fine with that... But he started to change his mind after playing with your kids...” He smiles brighter “And with us soon to be living together... He wants one even more... A little girl... And honestly I can’t wait...” He looks out at the kids in the back “Being called uncle is one thing... But daddy...” He turns to look at Jared once more “You know what that first time felt like...”

“Mmm... Sounds good...” After a few minutes he turns Nat to face him and leans down to kiss him softly. He wasn’t looking to start anything, he was just enjoying being close with him. He cups his cheek and rubs it softly, smiling at him. “We need to have more quiet times like this... Just being together...” He kisses him softly once more, then pulls him close again and just holds him, his fingers softly running through his hair.

"Won't lie: being called Daddy is amazing. Not to mention being able to have a missing piece … or pieces, of yourself added. Its amazing." he repeated as he thought about the first time he met his children. They were so excited and scared, and when they met Jared they didn't really say much other than they wanted to stay together. It was just heartbreaking and Jared made his choice right there and then. Now he got to help the man he love find a child to start a family.

Nathan went off to his therapist and wasn't talking very much other than saying how he was upset about being forced to stay at this place which he didn't want to be at. Not to mention how made he was at his parents. Other than that he didn't say anything else.

The therapist didn't note anything wrong, though when they talked about his kidnapper, he did notice his tone was softer and he seemed to talk very little about her as he refused too answer too much about his time with her other than how he was treated and what had happened to him. Though, he did mention how the first time she kissed him made him upset, though being a bit drunk he was able to hide that fact. The therapist finished up with Nathan and was glad to see that other than his kidnapping, and feeling betrayed that Nathan was fine. Mentally he was okay, he didn't seem to want to hurt himself and honestly he wasn't doing anything bad other than perhaps rushing into a relationship with a man far older than himself.

Nathan wasn't expecting the kiss, but welcomed it as he kissed back and began to melt into the other's arms. With a shy smile as he was tenderly held, the young man blushed slightly as he nod. He loved feeling the other's fingers though his hair, his body against Tony's as he let the moment go on without a problem. It took a moment before Nathan pulled back and rubbed his lover's cheek. "Though I'm enjoying this very much, we should go take a shower and stuff." Nathan said softly as he sat up slightly. Looking down at his lover the young man chuckled "Heh, you look so cute right now."

Slipping from bed the boy stretched out as he began over to the bathroom "You wanna join? Ya know, to save on the water bill." he joked as he began to prep his shower.

Tony smiles again, Jared did look much happier when with his children, he was a wonderful father. “I just hope I can be a good father... I know Nathan will be wonderful...” He smiles softly “I better go give him a call... See if he wants a visit today...” He stands and leaves the kitchen, getting his cell and going into the living room.

He calls the number he was given and waits for someone to answer. “Hello... I’m calling to speak with Nathan Mathers please...”

Tony looks up at him slightly after he sits up, he had the covers drawn up and her had been curled close to Nathan. He smiles “Am
I now...” He watches him “But a shower means standing...” He slowly sits up himself and stretches. “Nnn... I guess I could join you...”

He joins him in the bathroom and softly hugs him from behind, he kisses his neck softly. “But you’re making it very hard for me to just hold you...” He chuckles softly and rests on his shoulder “Having to watch you all wet and soapy... So mean...” He kisses his cheek and moves away to brush his teeth, teasing him was just as fun. He didn’t intend to start anything if it wasn’t mutual, and he did enjoy just holding him.

"Hello thank you for calling, this is Megan, how may I help you today?...I see, Mr. Mathers will be available shortly, he is currently finishing up private business. Would you like to wait for him or would you like t call back in ten minutes?"

Once Nathan was available he happily took the phone when he heard who it was and was more than excited to talk to his lover. "Tony! I'm so glad to hear from you." he said, his mood lifting up from just hearing his lover's voice.

With a soft laugh the boy grinned slightly before tilting his head to the side "Awe, poor baby." he joked around before grabbing the things for the shower. Feeling the other's chin resting on his shoulder, Nathan leaned over and kissed his cheek before checking the water tempter. Chuckling he was about to say something when Tony spoke. Blushing he cleared his throat. Tony was a tease.

Once the water was right the boy stripped off his clothes and climbed into the shower. Nathan began to wash himself, getting soapy and wet just like how Tony said. Looking over to Tony, the teen offered a smile "Hows about once I get out I can order us some food?" he asked as he tried to think about what they could eat that could be both filling and healthy. "...Have you been to the doctor lately? Its getting colder and you should probably check on your health. I mean, that what I use t do during the winter months." some of Nathan's old habits began to peak out such as going to check ups (or wishing he could) as well as prepping the bed to sleep in before dinner. Small things.

“I’ll hold... Thank you Megan...” Tony smiles and looks up as Jared moved to go check on the kids. He was looking out the front window when Nat came on the line, he smiles. “Hey love... How was your night? Did you get any sleep?” He hope he didn’t sound too worried, Nat did sound ok. “And I was right... Jared has a few people I can contact...”

Once ready, Tony joined him in the shower and also started to wash himself up. He looks to him and nods “Sounds good...” He tilts his head slightly as he thinks “Hmm... Haven’t been in a while... But we can get our flu shots in a week or so... Just to be safe...” He shifts to rinse off and looks at him again “I’ve been meaning to ask you... What do you want to do in December... I know... It’s a hard time of the year... And you don’t really want to do the norm...”

"My night was okay, nothing special...I was able to sleep okay. What about you? Did you sleep okay?" he asked back without missing a beat and as he took a seat he was happy to learn about the progress on their child. With a soft gasp the boy smiled brightly "Really?! That's great. When I'm out we can start visiting and seeing who will be able to come home with us. Heh, I'm so excited! Do you think we'll be able to take set up her bedroom before we get her? I know I'm think a bit ahead, but I don't wanna bring her home without a proper set up." he explained as he thought about their child.

Nathan seemed fine overall, although it was just at the moment. He'd probably be fine after the phone call, but later into the day being alone would make him a bit upset and sad when the excitement wore off.

For now though, he had his Tony on the line with him and he wasn't going to give him up for anything or anyone.

Nathan smiled sweetly "Really?! Great, well we can go the next time you have a day off." it was weird to think that someone was so excited to get a flu shot, but it was a normal thing to get and he wanted that. Just normal thing to do.

When the question about what he wanted to do for December came up, Nathan simply ignored it as if he didn't even hear the question. "Mmm, can you pass me the rag?" he asked as he turned around to face his lover. Clearly he didn't want to even discuss the month itself nor the issue which would come up. Yet, there was something in how he acted now, almost robotic and simple answers. Perhaps this was not the time to bring that topic up yet.

Once out of the shower and calling to get some food delivered, Nathan changed into simple pair of jeans and a t-shirt before he begin making the bed. If Tony tried to bring up the topic again, he'd end up just ignoring it further and doing some chores to seem too busy to actually hear the question he was actively avoiding.

“I slept fine love...” He chuckles softly at his reaction and nods “Yes yes... As soon as we learn about what age group we have to chose from... There is also where we will be living to consider...” He smiles “So, what are you doing to keep yourself busy? Can I bring anything for you? Puzzles? Game books? I’ll bring whatever you need love...” He gets comfortable on the couch and continues to talk with Nat about anything and nothing. “You know... I couldn’t think of where to keep your ring at first... I didn’t want to just hide it somewhere...” He looks at his hand and smirks a bit “So it’s on my pinky...” He sits up a bit more as he hears the back door open and smiles again. “I’m about to be tackled by 2 and 4 legged kids... You might have some more to talk to...”

Tony watched how he changed after a few minutes of not answering and nods “Yeah... Here...” He hands him the cloth and steps closer to help him with his back, dropping the question for now.

When out of the shower and dressing, he tried again as Nat was making the bed, again the cold shoulder. He sighs softly and decides to ask at another time, the subject was clearly very upsetting. He went about getting his things ready, then moves to the bed as he finished making it. He smiles and grabs him, pulling him with him as he sits on the bed and kissing his cheek softly. “Mmm... So how long until food gets here...” He hugs him close and nuzzles his neck, just wanting to be playful and happy again.

"Well, I've just been in the garden pretty much and no...you can't. Or at least it has to be approved by the staff here first." he said as he had asked since he did want a few art supplies. Anything and everything had to be approved, not to mention checked to ensure nothing was going to be used to hurt himself or others.

When he heard where his ring was, Nathan smiled softly and touched his chest "...I'm happy...at least I'm with you like that right now."

Laughing softly the young man grinned slightly as he heard the kids and dogs rushing off to tackle Tony. The kids were shouting and asking who he was talking to well the dogs nuzzled and licked Tony. Jared laughed from the door and grinned slightly. "Ya need some help, buddy?"

Nathan finished up the bed and turned to tell Tony that they should probably get ready for work. Suddenly he found himself onto his lover's lap and being kissed ever so sweetly. "Um...they said 20 minutes." Nathan bit his lip, his hips settling on the man's lap and his heart racing. Returning a smile he reached up and ran his fingers through his lover's hair. "Heh, feeling a bit touchy this morning?" he asked as he looked down at his lover. His hips wiggled in the man's lap playfully, and wanting to play along the boy gently pushed Tony back.

"Do you wanna save your appetite only for food?" Nathan muttered before leaning down and kissing Tony and messing up his hair a little bit. Sitting up Nathan chuckled softly before climbing off his lap and laying down beside him "Mmm, hows about you relax up here and I go down to check if they're here yet."

“Oh... I’ll have to ask when I come visit what I can bring you then...” He smiles “Babe... Youre always with me... In my heart and on my mind...”

He starts to chuckle and laugh as the group rushes over to him. “Ahh... No... Boo get down.... Haha... It’s... It’s uncle Nathan...” As soon as he said who was on the phone, the dogs were replaced with jumping children. “Wait wait!... Ok... J-Jared!” He was laughing and giving them with one hand, trying to bring his phone down to turn on the speaker.

“Ok.... Relax or you can’t talk with uncle Nat... Much better... Now say hello...” He sets the phone to speaker and holds it out before them.

“Maybe a little... Mmm...” His hands slid to his hips slightly before he was pushed back. “Wha... Mmm” He snakes his hands up his back and kisses back, then groans slightly as he pulls off him. He turns to face him and quickly rolls over to kneel over him, his arms bent by his head, he looks down at him. “And you call me a tease...” He leans down and kisses him softly, then licks his lips, he was excited yes, but he really hadn’t wanted to start anything.

After a few moments he pulls back and smiles “Unless you want more... Say stop...” He cups his cheek and rubs it gently, he was perfectly fine stopping and just being close.

"I guess so...when do you think you'll come? And if your bring the kids give me a head up...I don't want them to see me in my uniform." Nathan muttered as he looked down at his clothes he was given. He was allowed to wear certain he brought, but only during visits or other special occasions.

Hearing everything over the phone only brought a large smile on the man's face and he began to laugh hearing the yippy and yelling from the kids and dogs. Once everyone seemed to calm down Nathan was able to talk to the kids and happily found himself being allowed to be on there a little longer. The young man talked with the kids and Jared walked over to rub Tony's shoulders. "....and I helped cook all of breakfast!"

"I ate most of it!" Kevin shouted into the phone to ensure Uncle Nathan would hear him. Nathan could be heard laughing and telling them that they were very good kids for doing that.

Soon enough Nathan was told he had to get off the phone for lunch, lunch there was pretty early, and sadly he had to say goodbye to everyone for the time being. His tone changing from being over the moon to crashing back down to earth.

"I had to learn it from somewhere, right?" he joked a little as he kissed back, a soft moan escaping his throat as his lips were licked, and for a moment Nathan felt himself bracing himself for something more to happen.

With labored breaths the boy stared up at Tony, taking a moment to figure out what he was saying before nodding "Heh...okay...stop." Nathan sat up to kiss Tony tenderly and blushed slightly "Just hold me, please." he whispered bringing Tony closer and pulling him back down on the bed. He kissed his lover again. For a moment he wasn't thinking about was to come soon, or how he was feeling, or even about anything else. HE was just in the moment.

Soon their food came and Nathan picked it up from the delivery guy before coming back inside. Setting up their food the young man smiled "Foods here! Come on and get it before it gets cold."

“Maybe a bit before dinner tonight? You know they won’t care right baby... They love you and just want you happy... Just like me...”

When the kids were talking to him. He looks up as Jared started to rub his shoulders and gave him a soft smile. “Thanks...” He leans into his touch softly as he watched the kids talking with Nat. He then sat up and took the phone after the kids said their goodbyes, giving Jared’s hand a squeeze as he lead them away for a few moments.

“Hey... It’s not goodbye love, you know that... And it never will be... You’re my husband... And for better or worse, I’ll be there every step of the way... Ok... I love you and I’ll see you in a few hours... See you soon my love...”

After he reluctantly hung up with Nat, he called right back. “Hello... I’d like to talk with someone overseeing Nathan Mathers... It’s Tony Mathers, his husband...” He was going to find out what he could bring to his love, anything to get that sad tone out of his voice.

“Mmm... Ok..” He smiles and rolls to the side, pulling him closer and kissing him softly back, his hand resting in his hair. They stayed there, just kissing and softly holding each other until their food arrived. He let Nat go so he could go get it while he got the rest of his things together.

At Nathan’s call he heads downstairs and sets his bag by the door and goes to join him. “Mmm... Smells good... What is there?” age looks over the table at the containers of food.

"I know...its just...I won't get to change into normal clothes a lot and when I can I want too...it'll make me feel normal." he explained.

After their byes the young man could only smile and agree with is lover, telling him he'd work on his wording in the future and that he'd see him later. The young man felt his heart sink a bit more until he was told he would see them later that night. Though still sad, the boy was looking forward to dinner now. He'd be able to see them after dinner and maybe even grab the kids some dessert.

Till then he was returned back to the main wing he was placed in and ended up in his room with the teddy bear in his arms. Only a few hours left.

Nathan's therapist, Aidan Rogers, was patched though and once he found out who was talking too the man brighten up a little. Tony had been a subject of their first talk and he found a lot of positive and uplifting talking when Tony was mentioned. Hearing what he wanted, Mr.Rogers nod as he began to reply back.

"He can have sketchbook paper, has to be loose leaf though, non-toxic crayons, any stuff animals--he seems to like those--and even video games. They have be rated E, and the charging cable must remain with the front desk, but he'll be able to play it. Its finally great to hear you by the way, Nathan talks so highly of you."

"Its some soup, vegetables, meat, and a bun. I'm not sure what its filled with, but it sounds good." Nathan shrugged a bit as he sat down and welcomed his lover over to eat with him. "When you get back maybe we can start carving pumpkins ..if you're not too tired."

“Mr. Rogers... Thank you... I know my husband gets board and lonely easily... I want to make this as easy for him as possible... He’s so... Confused and hurt right now...” He sighs softly “I know this is what’s best for him right now... But it doesn’t make it hurt any less...” He blushes softly and smiles “Thank you... Me and our friends will be coming for a visit near dinner tonight... I’ll bring him a few things then... Thank you for letting me know what I can bring... If there is anything you need to know, just give me a call...” He thanked him again and hung up, then goes to find everyone else.

“Hey... Who wants to go shopping for Uncle Nathan...” He hugs the kids as they run over and looks to Jared “His doctor gave me a list of things he can have... I’d like to bring him some when we go tonight...”

Tony nods and takes a seat, starting to take some food for himself. “That sounds good... It’s a short day so I should be fine...” He looks at him “Guess that means we’ll have roasted seeds for snacks tonight... Shall we flavour some?”

Jared walked over and smiled before nodding and looking down to the kids. "Hows about you guys grab your coats so we can get started to the store." he offered before looking over to Tony once they were alone. Kissing the man tenderly he rubbed his neck "We'll get him lots of things for the two weeks. I'm sure he'll be okay." he said before grabbing his keys. Once the kids were ready he offered to drive them to the local mall to grab Nathan's presents.

"We can flavor them?" Nathan asked, clearly very surprised by this news. When it was time to see off his lover the young man waved off his lover before going back to the officer and began looking up examples of craved pumpkins.

Drake came by to visit Jason as he hadn't seen him for a few days now and just wanted to hang out with Jason. He began to learn more and more about Jason, about his pass life and how he and his uncle got along since he moved in with him. Some of it sounded strange, but with no real way to see if he was telling the truth all he could do was listen.

When it was close for Tony to get home, Jason began a small dinner for them and Drake began go head home. Drake did invite Jason to go out to a party he was throwing for Halloween, though Jason seemed like he wasn't going to go.

After grabbing the presents, going out for dinner as it would take too long to go home and eat, Jared suggested they should see if they could bring in a dessert. On the way over there the kids were busy with watching movie on the phone and Jared was able to talk with Tony without them listening. "How do you think Nat will react when we sees you? Sees us?"

Tony smiles and leans into his touch a bit “Thanks...” He soon follows Jared and the kids to the car, and onward to the mall. Once there, he takes the kids to the kids section. “Ok guys... You need to find some stuffies for uncle Nathan... To keep him company while he’s away... But nothing too big ok...” He looks to Jared as the kids run off “I’m gonna get him a video game... I think I remember the ones he likes... Be right back...” He also grabbed a few crayons and some sketch pads for him to use before returning to the others.

Tony chuckles again and nods “Yes... Using different oils and spices...” He leans over and kisses him softly, smiling. After getting ready, he gives Nat another kiss and smiles “I’ll see you later love...” Then heads to work.

Tony came home just a bit later then normal, there was a traffic accident and he had to detour. He walks in and smiles “Smells good... what are we having..”

Tony had a better appetite at dinner, he was excited to see Nat and give him his gifts. Once the kids were engrossed in their movie, he glances at Jared at his question. He smiles softly “I’m sure he’ll be over the moon... He sounded so alone this morning... And all he did was walk around the gardens... When have you known Nat to do nothing and relax...” He sighs softly “At least his doctor sounds nice... And sounds quite positive...”

"Hey babe! Just some potatoes and steak." he explained as had began to plate everything. Walking over he kissed Tony's cheek and placed his apron onto the hook on the kitchen wall. Grabbing some drinks for them Nathan took a seat and smiled sweetly "Enjoy. I tried a new recipe today and I also looked up a few flavors for the seeds, so hopefully everything will turn out well tonight."

When it was time to start craving the pumpkins, Nathan clearly was over the moon with how excited he was and even how he had planned out his craving. He worked hard on his pumpkin, having to watch Tony do his own as he was still confused on doing a few things like how to get the seeds or, where to open to pumpkin, how to scoop the seeds out (or the "guts" as they were often called) and Nathan just enjoyed it overall. As he finished off his first pumpkin, Nathan smiled as he showed it off. It was a simple, a scary face with a large, fang filled mouth and a winking expression. "Whatcha think?"

"Mmm...well I should have guessed that. He does love being with others right?" Jared asked as he could remember Nathan always wanting to be around with someone or anyone. Even during their summer visits he often found Nathan with anyone who would want to hang out, always saying he just hated being alone. It was something Jared took note of as he read in Nathan's file (when he was kidnapped) that he didn't like being with people all the time. There were notes in his file that his friends said he needed a lot of alone time to recharge and would take any chance to do so when he could. Maybe Tony had changed that well they were together. How he did do that?

Frowning a bit the man rubbed his neck "I know he doesn't. He always keeps himself busy..maybe that's something he should get help for well hes theres? He needs to learn to relax more...hes going to over work himself one of these days."

As the arrived Jared got the kids ready and brought out the presents to the lobby. After they were checked out to be safe and the cord was given to the head nurse, the group was lead to the visiting area. It was nice: bright colors, comfortable couches, toys for the kids to play with, window to the garden, and soft, warm light that engulfed the room. Jared watched as the kids ran off to look at the toys and the nurse came in saying Nathan would join them shortly.

Nathan couldn't change into some nice clothes as it was getting close to lights out, and then it came Nathan had to be lead to the visiting area. Once he was allowed in, after he had been told the rules, Nathan found himself over joy seeing his family and quickly he ran over to hug Tony and shower him with kisses before repeating with Jared, and then being tackled by the kids as they mimicked their uncle's actions.

“Smells great.. How was your day?” He takes a few bites and smiles, wonderful as usual. “Oh really? What flavours would you like to make? I’d also like some with just salt...”

When they were starting on the pumpkins, Tony was showing him how to cut open then gut them. And while he worked on carving it, he worked on cleaning and separating the seeds into different spice bowls. Then comes back to carve his own “That looks great... Are you having fun love...” He smiles at him, he was carving -Happy Halloween- in his with bats flying around a full moon on the other side.

Tony looks at him, then nods slightly “Yeah... I have noticed that lately... He’s always very go go go... Maybe I can talk to him about it tonight...”

Tony handed over the gifts to be checked out, glancing around as they were verified, and thanks them when they approved and shown to the family room. He sat with Jared as the kids played, waiting for Nat to be lead in to see them.

He looked up as the door was opened and Nat was let inside, he noticed he wasn’t dressed as he had wanted to be. He stood up to walk over to him but had to brace himself when Nathan ran at him. “Mmm...” He hugs him back and laughs slightly as he tries to return his kisses. “Missed you too baby...” He watches him move one to Jared before the kids tackled him.

He smiles and takes a seat on the couch again. “Hey your two... Don’t you have something for uncle Nathan...” Trying to give the setting a little order so they could get what they needed to do out of the way first. He holds up each bag that the kids were to give him.

Nathan leaned back slightly before tilting his head back slightly as he tried to think of a flavor "Well, I saw a simple one I wanna try. Its Maple Sugar with Salt. Sounded pretty good."

"Tons of fun! Heh, I always thought this look like a great time. Our neighbors use to do it in the backyard and it always looked so much fun," he said softly as he looked down at his pumpkin "I wish my sister could have done this..." he whispered softly. Looking over to Tony's pumpkin, the young man smiled brightly and leaned over to watch his lover work. Nathan was pretty amazed of how his lover was able to work on the pumpkin as if he had no problem with it.

Finishing off his another pumpkin the teen excitedly showed off his work and suggested they do the seeds the next day as so they would have a treat for tomorrow. The young man did happily set up the pumpkins on their porch and once he returned back inside the young man went to his lover and kissed him, thanking him for being so sweet and doing this for him. He had wanted to do this for so long and being able to do it after so many years did mean a lot to him.

It was so nice to have his family back with him and as he was held by Tony and then the kids, it only made Nathan brighten up. He hugged Jared tightly when it was his turn and once they were all settled Nathan was surprised with him gifts. He loved them and was more than happy to have those things. When it was Tony's turn to give him a gift, Nathan found himself surprised. Nathan was happy with his gifts and was able to snuggle up to Tony along with the children in his arms as he booted up the game to look it over. The kids were he first to actually play though and gave the grown ups sometime to talk.

Jared was beside Nathan, rubbing his arm as he looked over to Tony "So, how was your first night here?"

"It was fine. I didn't get great sleep, but I did get enough. So, I'm glad." Nathan said softly. Jared smiled and kissed his head "Don't worry babe, once you're back home you'll be able to sleep and cuddle with us all you want." he smirked playfully as he kissed the man's forehead. Nathan settled against his lover and held Tony's hand "I know...I can't wait."

"Yeah, and you'll be able to relax...just relax. No running around and cooking, or cleaning or anything like that."

"...Maybe...heh, some habits are hard to kill off."

Tony was glad his love was enjoying himself and smiles at him. “I’m sure she’s enjoying it through you love... I’m sure she’s still with you, keeping watch...” He leans over and kisses his cheek, then finishes up his pumpkin.

Tony was cleaning up as Nathan set their works on the front porch. He kisses him back softly and smiles “I’m very glad you had fun my love... It’s nice to hear you laugh...” He smiles and leans in quickly to kiss his nose. “We can finish decorating tomorrow and bake our seeds... It's getting late...” He smiles again and leans down to kiss him a bit deeper, then pulling back to finish off the few dishes in the sink from carving.

When everything was given and they finally got to relax on the couch, Tony had his arm loosely around Nat’s waist. He smiles as the kids start to play his game first, but doesn’t complain. He pulls Nat a bit closer and kisses his head, rubbing his side softly.

“Yeah love... We wanted to talk to you about maybe starting to take it easy... You’ve been go go go for a while now... And you’re starting to worry us...” He tips his chin up and rubs his cheek softly “You should take this time here to... Find yourself again... Let yourself really relax...” He kisses him softly “That doesn’t mean we'll stop visiting, so don’t worry...” He smiles at him “We’ll come as often as we can... Maybe not all of us every time... But I’ll come if you want me to...”

"...I hope so. I'd love to know if she was okay ...happy..." he said softly as he looked back to his lover and smiled warmly at the thought of his sister enjoying this through him. He wondered if she truly was or if this was just hopeful thinking. The first sounded much better and he went with that as he still held his religion in a way, not as strict as before, but those feelings were still there. Maybe they could start going to church...maybe.

With that deep kiss, Nathan felt himself wake up a little from the haze he had been stuck in for the last few weeks or so and it felt great. Nathan moved behind his lover and hugged him firmly "I could do those in the morning. Hows about you come to bed with me?" Nathan asked, not saying anything out right, but the hint should have been clear as day. Squeezing his lover slightly the teen smiled sweetly "I'll clean them later, don't worry about it."

Watching as the kids played, Nathan relaxed in his lover's arms and giggled when he was held a bit firmer. The young man looked up Tony, his brows furrowed and confused pout on his rosy lips. "I don't understand...I mean..." Nathan was confused. He hadn't change had he? He always cleaned and cooked and really was always doing something. He hated not doing anything, going out...being around people. Nathan looked to Jared who nodded in agreement. "You never rest...even the day you had to come here you kept going and going until you wanted to sleep...I mean, I get it, you're going to be away from us but even then you only rested for awhile and that was literally sleeping."

"...But...that's what I've always done."

"Nathan, during the summers when you were with us you'd always--"

"During summer, yeah...we were on vacation...but honestly I've always been like this. Tony," Nathan looked to his husband "I don't understand...I ...I haven't changed very much since I started doing my share of the work at our home."

Back
Top Bottom