Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Demon Lord Rises (Broomhandle and Princess)

"Oh?" Ganondorf mused, eyes cast to the clouds. Magnificent...she was truly capable of some amazing talents when she had the power to do so, he could feel the beasts begging for release, for flesh to rend. It made his spine tingle with a lust for battle, grinning from ear to ear. "And just how do you plan to accomplish that, my dear?"

"Just watch.." She purred as the feathers ascended into the sky, disappearing in the dark mist that was the cloud above them. "I cannot create a soul, but I do have enough power to copy one...so I would surmise." Medusa continued. It might not be a perfect copy, but she didn't want that anyway. She wanted a Pit that was twisted with her darkness and evil, and perhaps she would get it...or perhaps not. Being a true Goddess, she could have had whatever she wanted...but in this form, she could only give it life and hope that it came out the way she wanted.

She watched the cloud pulse with dark magic, hearing it rumble as her creation magic crackled and sparked. A few minutes passed, and then it dissipated in a thick mist, dropping the body that could only belong to her Pit. In essence, her child since she gave it life. She used her magic to break his fall, since it would take a moment for his consciousness to settle. She would see that he'd be superior to the real one, as she would eventually give him the power to fly on his own. Granted, if he deserved his independence...

Dark wings formed from nothing, the body slowly giving shape and form as Ganondorf arched his brow in amusement as the...boy, he supposed, sucked in his very first breath and opened his crimson, burning eyes and glanced around. He remembered...something, but something that he couldn't really remember at the same time. Flashes of it, fighting...the rush of it all, the clash of blades, the pain of defeat, the burning satisfaction of superiority as he rose up, his eyes settled on Medusa.

Something about her brought a feeling of...calm, warmth, even. He remembered...something about that, he ran his hand absently through his dark hair, grimacing faintly. Did...he lose? Did he win? He couldn't remember. Thinking about it made his head hurt, but what he did remember, and felt now was a feeling of power, confident, strong...the desire to have more of it, to escape. Escape from what? What was he even remembering?

"What a fascinating trick," Ganondorf mused faintly. "Very well done, my lady."

He looked complete enough, to her satisfaction. The real test was to see if he recognized her as his Goddess, his Creator. "Trick? Tricks are temporary, he is permanent. Goddesses perform miracles, dear. Not tricks." She said proudly before approaching Dark Pit. "Hello child, do you know who you are?" She asked with a warm, slightly sinister smile. Perfect, he was perfect...she reached out to caress his cheek, just to make sure he was stable.

"...Pit?" He said, bristling faintly at her touch, his dark wings extended in surprise. Her hand felt nice, in ways he...wasn't sure about, it was a good feeling though. "Pit, I think....and..." he said, glancing at her, then Ganondorf. "That's it, what...where am I?" His head was a blur of memories, needs, feelings...ugh. He didn't like any of it, he just wanted it to go away, but being near her wasn't...bad. It just made him think, which made his head throb.

So, he had memories. Pit's memories...that was unfortunate, but she expected nothing less. "Hush, child. I will explain to you everything you need to know. You seem confused, and I'm guessing it's because you're remembering things. Those memories do not belong to you." She began as her hand moved to stroke his head soothingly. "Those memories belong to someone else. Another you." She paused to let that sink in. She did not want to overload him with explanations, instead she was curious to see his reaction.

"Another me?" Pit said, jerking away from her hand with a frown. "What do you mean, another me!? I am me!" he insisted with a growl. "What kind of stupid thing is that to say!?"

Ganondorf couldn't help but laugh, already, he could tell where he got that from! Ah, this was going to be interesting...

Medusa lowered her hand with a displeased frown, but she continued nonetheless. "It's true. I created you from him just now with my magic. You are a perfect copy...except you seem to have more of an attitude. You don't really have to believe me though, that's of little importance."

"Like mother, like son, eh?" Ganondorf smirked as Pit bristled in irritation, something that he was growing increasingly used to seeing. It seems, perhaps...she should have waited.

"You stay out of this, you giant freak," Pit muttered. "What, so you made me to show off? Is that it?" So what, none of what he was thinking, was that not his either? Not even his own head was his?

"No," Medusa answered, ignoring Ganondorf's words for the moment. He had a point, perhaps her own personality was reflected into this boy, but she would not just settle for..this. She would have to teach him some manners, which was annoying but it would be worth it in the long run. "I made you so that you could serve me, and the man that is behind me whom you so tactlessly addressed. It would seem that you have a lot to learn about respect, Pit." She grinned and stepped closer to him, allowing him to feel the power that was so deeply tucked away inside of her as she stared him down. Power she could only bring out when she was strong enough to access it, magic that had been sealed away some time ago.

"You will address me as Lady Medusa, and him as Lord Ganondorf. You are my creation, and I have given you life and a purpose. If you're a good boy, I will give you everything you desire. Including the power to use those wings of yours..."

"...My wings?" Pit said, glancing back at them as they twitched subconsciously. "...You mean, I can fly?" he asked. "On my own?" There was a small satisfaction in that thought, admittedly...when nothing else was his, when everything was so roughly torn out of his control, who could stop him from flying?

There it was...he was finally settling down now that she had offered something of interest. Too bad, she would have preferred him to show the blind loyalty that Pit had for Palutena, but she supposed it would take some...time. "Yes, you could. I could give you the power to do so. All you have to do is help me get what I deserve, and of course pledge your loyalty to me..." She purred softly in response.

"Tch," Pit grumbled. "Then show me you deserve my loyalty then, then we'll talk about my wings. Fine, what do you need done?" he muttered. Whatever, if it got him to fly, then maybe this could work. Ganondorf was beyond amused, smirking from ear to ear. My my, so wonderfully familiar...he was going to enjoy this, wasn't he?

"You will soon understand who I am, and what I'm capable of as a Goddess of Darkness, Pit. I do not need to show you anything. As for what I need you to do, I need you to help Ganondorf obtain something called the Triforce. As it stands, he has one piece. There are two more, held by the Queen of Hyrule and her little pet. Help Ganondorf defeat them. I will give you the power to fly once you've shown me that you deserve it." Medusa shot back, the annoyance in her voice clear. That was all she needed him to do. She could handle the rest on her own, or she would find other useful followers to do so. His main purpose would be to fight.

"And if you're so powerful, why can't you do it yourself?" Pit said in irritation, pinky jammed into his ear with his eyes closed. "This seems more like you're too lazy to do it yourself."

"Now now," Ganondorf smirked in amusement. "The Lady is very busy, that's all, it will be a trifle of effort with your aid, my boy."

"He is right, I have better things to do, such as foresee the preparations of our first attack on Hyrule." Medusa pointed up towards the clouds with a smirk. "You must have sensed it by now, haven't you? How the sky is dark with evil and blood thirst? I must coordinate this perfectly to accomplish my goal." She didn't owe him an explanation, but she would still pretend to listen to his objections. If she didn't need him, she wouldn't have even bothered...what an unruly boy.

"Whatever," Pit grumbled. "Fine, I'll help, I need some weapons, though, don't I?" he asked dryly. "Unless I'm supposed to fight with my bare hands?" This was going to go great, wasn't it? Didn't matter, when he could fly, none of it would matter.

"You're such an impatient boy," Medusa muttered as she moved closer to him and put her hand on his head. Her scepter glowed wickedly before he would feel something solid form into his hand; A wicked looking staff. Her magic didn't stop there, his bracers also began to glow faintly with darkness as she granted him a shield as well. He would need it against the annoying light that Zelda possessed. "That should be all you need from me to accomplish your task. Unless you have any objections?"

"Where do I recall impatience from?" Ganondorf mused innocently as Pit gripped the staff curiously, hand running over the dark colors in satisfaction as he shouldered it, it felt like a natural thing to do...and he was satisfied with the result. This felt like it could work nicely. He only grunted in reply, shouldering his staff to let it drape over his shoulders. Well, if this was all he needed...guess he'd help out the big idiot.

"You're mistaking eagerness with impatience," Medusa said with a grin before she turned to face Ganondorf. "Now, I believe I have given you sufficient enough reason to initiate our first attack on Castle Town, Ganondorf." Even with their small numbers of elite force, as it stood, they had more than enough power to show Queen Zelda that her demise was imminent unless she surrendered to them. It was time to show the little girl that her age of peace was coming to an end.

"I believe you have, my dear," Ganondorf mused. "It shall be interesting to see the good Queen and Hyrule again, I dare say they have probably missed me," he smirked. Oh, the only thing that would make it better is if that boy was there...

"Excellent," Medusa purred as the sky rumbled in response to her pleasure. The clouds were starting to roll and drift westward, toward its intended target. She'd have to travel with it of course, but that was of little to no concern. "Then allow me to make the proper preparations before you pop in and say hi to your old friends. I need to plant some seeds that will flourish in the soil of fear and doubt..." She already had a plan on where and how to harvest more believers. All she needed was a little time...

"As you wish," Ganondorf mused, rubbing his chin. "Perhaps I should see how my people are fairing...have they adjusted well to your worship?" It was an easy enough change when they remembered whom they served. Their kind had no problems with dying out any time soon, no matter how much they initially resisted their basic urges.

"Yes, I hear their whispers in the night before they rest. They pray to me now." Medusa said with a pleased grin. It had been a long time, admittedly. She had once found it annoying, to listen to mortals ask for the most pettiest of things. Like keeping their family fed, giving them strength to get through their trivial problems. Now? Medusa liked to listen to it in her spare time, and it was a refreshing feeling to hold that much influence on lives. She would try not to take it for granted when she became a true Goddess again. "I'll be off, now. Make your preparations and make sure the boy has something to do to keep himself entertained." Medusa grinned at Pit before she disappeared again, the clouds rolling away with her presence.

This would be entertaining...

Hyrule hadn't changed much, not that he expected it to. The peaceful, bumpkin place was a thorn in his side because of Zelda, and that stupid boy, Link. Oh, it went so much deeper than that, didn't it? Even as he stood at the edge of the desert, arms crossed as his golden eyes glimmered with long memories, the desert never forgot, nor did he. But they did, a time or another. The blood of the goddess Hylia and her precious little hero general. Every time he awoke, it was staring at them again and again, like a memory of how close he always was.

It seemed, much like Hyrule in it's persistent Utopian peace, Ganondorf was familiar with the burden of failure in the back of his head, and that infuriated him in ways he couldn't describe. It was always the same story, wasn't it? Sometimes, he would win, but it would be far too short lived for someone who lasts as long as he did. And it would always be Zelda and Link that ruined him, but not anymore. This time would be different, the darkness with him was like him, not of this world.

"...So," Pit mumbled. "What's the plan?"

"We become a tide, boy." Ganondorf murmured. "Swallowing everything in our wake, leaving nothing standing. I am here to deliver a message, a message that her majesty cannot ignore, or deny...I may just be a little deaf," he smirked, his eyes burning molten fire as two massive swords appeared in a wreath of dark flames before turning to head to the village. "Go with the clouds, you need some target practice, don't you?"

"I suppose I do," Pit snorted, lifting up to the sky with a faint smirk. Well, he wouldn't say no to that...

Now then, he needed to speak to Kali...

Back
Top Bottom