Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Demon Lord Rises (Broomhandle and Princess)

The clouds would be easy enough for Pit to follow, as Medusa was going deliberately slow with the wind. It was the safest way to breach Castle Town without being noticed. She went ahead of Ganondorf for that very purpose, to disguise her clouds with the weather. To most of the town, it would be just another stormy evening, but to Zelda..she would find a sense of uncertainty come over her. There wasn't much Medusa could do to completely hide the blood lust and evil that radiated from these creatures. It would be of little concern, however. Most mortals had never seen magic like this and would never suspected that the source of their discomfort was lingering above them.

Finally, her target was in sight, and her eyes lit up, quite literally with delight. Her clouds moved on without her, now that she could see her target. The rest was going to be simple. In order to grow stronger, she would need followers. To get them, she would need to prove to them that she was greater than any other Goddess they had ever known. Zelda would prove incompetent in time, and her influence would spread on the inside like a virus.

Infiltrating the town was easy enough. She did not need to travel through their gates, she traveled through shadows. Despite the town being sickeningly lively and cheerful, Medusa found the idea of filling the streets with screams and chaos absolutely pleasurable. She stuck to the darkness, being careful not to be seen by the general public, until she found her first victim. A woman who seemed to be in a hurry, as she bumped right into her and dropped all the books she had been carrying.

"Oh no! I'm sorry!" The woman gasped before turning her head up with an apologetic expression. As soon as she looked up to see who she had ran into, her eyes went wide as she stared at the snakes.

"Don't apologize dear. In fact, rejoice...remember my name, as you will be the first who I will save from a horrible fate. I am Medusa, Goddess of Darkness." A wicked grin appeared on her face as she spoke, as it was quite obvious that the woman was deathly afraid. She didn't respond right away, but the slightest twitch in her expression and Medusa knew that she was about to panic. She couldn't have that, now could she?

Before she even opened her mouth, Medusa lifted her finger and shot her with a blast of her dark magic and watched as she turned to stone. It was not lethal, the curse would wear off by next sunrise. She would still be conscious, and she would see the events that would unfold tonight. "Shh, everything will become clear soon. You're safe, that's all that matters." Medusa grinned before she stalked off once again to find her next follower. She knew eventually someone would notice her statutes, but by that time, it would be too late.

The sun was setting, the horizon was turning a pleasant crimson color, the stage was set. Today, the Hylians would remember what fear was.

It was a scene he knew far too well, and one that always gave him a bitter pit of resentment at the bottom of his gut. Hyrule, his eternal desire of conquest. Always in front of him like a succulent fruit, waiting desperately to be plucked off it's tree and tasted. He would always succeed, and then...then it would be over. Then that bastard savior of the goddess and her horrid ancestor would arrive, and then it was over. In some way, he enjoyed the constant monotony, but in others...it grew dull, monotonous even. Every plan he had would be ruined and he would be confined again, and again, and every time it happened, his bitterness raised it's ugly head like the beast inside of him.

But now, now it would be different. This would be different, he had help. This would come at the Queen and her people in ways that she would never expect. These creatures were more like him than the beasts that roamed Hyrule. The skies would darken over their pleasant little town, and they would come...like a tide. It was thunder, maybe...or maybe it wasn't. But by the time one of the guard on the walls truly understood what floated above them, it was too late.

To say that Ganondorf didn't enjoy hitting the tower like a streaking comet would be a gross underestimation, no. When he slammed into the body, his eyes were like molten fire, his massive blade sunk deep into his gut as they slammed into the cobblestone path like an earthquake, the guard's eyes wide with horrified terror as he reared up, and Pit floated down next to him as Ganondorf slowly pulled his sword out of the long dead man, glancing around.

"Keep an your eyes above, boy," Ganondorf murmured. "Make sure to make it difficult," he smirked as Pit arched a brow, but took off to the sky regardless. With his new toy in hand, it would be easy. The bells began to ring, lights began to flicker. Pit shouldered the staff yet again and his eye lined up with the movement he saw coming out of the castle, must have been the barracks. He shifted his shoulder with an easy smirk, and fired. A long, purple beam of dark magic tore through the sky with a sharp crackle, the guard it hit was sent sprawling, a smoking hole in his chest as Pit darted across the sky as the demons let out jubilant shrieks of hunger. He noted, faintly...the statues of the frozen people, the demons ignored them entirely, and Ganondorf assumed it was Medusa's work.

No matter, his path was clear...and the Demon Lord began his walk towards the castle, where his true prize awaited. He wondered, then...with a morbid sense of both curiosity and excitement, would he be foiled again? Would Link stop him just in the nick of time? Or would he finally get what he long desired?

By the time the monsters began to rain upon Castletown, Medusa had done her dirty work, so she had time to stop and listen to the screaming, panicked citizens that were being hunted like prey. The on duty guards rushed to their aid, and while they were smarter than the beasts, they were vastly outnumbered. With all the chaos, Medusa decided to stop lurking and walk along the main road, towards the comfortable looking castle that was tucked behind a thick rampart that wrapped around the entire proximity. It didn't matter much when their enemy was quite literally coming from the sky.

Before she could proceed any further, a single knight blocked her path. She couldn't see his face behind his helmet, but she could tell from the way his sword was trembling that he was scared.

"M-monster!" A more feminine voice than Medusa expected cried out before raising her sword decidedly. Medusa only grinned as she watched the knight charge in, but before she could even come close, there was a wall of monsters blocking her path. Immediately they swarmed her, raising their spiked clubs and axes and slamming them down upon her. Unsurprisingly, she was already in the dirt, and Medusa could hear her screams as she desperately tried to fight them off. Not too much longer the irony scent of blood filled the air, and Medusa snapped her fingers. The swarm dispersed, leaving the girl alone to bleed out. Her armor was full of gashes and dents, and a pool of blood was beginning to collect around her.

"Monsters did this to you," Medusa began as she kneeled down, grasping the helmet of the knight and yanking it off. "Luckily for you, I will save you from a horrible fate..."

The blonde haired knight responded by coughing and trying not to choke on her own blood. She had had a rather stoic look on her face despite her very much weakened state. Medusa respected that, despite her trembling earlier. Perhaps she realized her wounds were fatal. Her flesh, which had been rended mercillessly by her little minions within seconds, was starting to rot already as dark magic festered and made the wound continue to deepen even well after she passed. No doubt it was very painful.

Yet Medusa would spare the little one, not because of mercy but only to plant a seed in her majesty's very own army. One that would grow far better than the ones who had been spared pain. She raised her hand and her magic, while looking very sinister, misted over the wounds and made them disappear.

"Why..?" The woman asked as Medusa finished healing her. "Aren't you our enemy?"

"Dear, that is for you to decide." Medusa responded before her magic cracked once more from her hand, this time petrifying her instantly. Now...where was she? Ah yes! She wanted to see the hero and the Princess that gave Ganondorf so much trouble...

She felt their sickening presence from where she was standing...it didn't take long for them to rush into battle, did it?

He ignored the people, the screaming, the guards. They didn't matter, he could feel him, and it made his blood howl. The streets of Castle Town were dark with blood and spilled produce, of lives ruined. Fires licked at buildings, the air growing thick and almost choking as the sounds of battle carried high into the air. It was the sweetest song to ears who knew nothing but the sound of silence, it was the sound of victory, but he knew what was waiting for him.

Him. Standing in the way to the castle, his oppressively green tunic, a blue scarf billowing gently against the winds. His sharp eyes determined, focused. They were all the same, their differences subtle. This was not the one who imprisoned him, as unsurprising as it was. But their faces were all the same, strikingly handsome, effortlessly determined. Ganondorf's wrists shifted faintly, his massive blades shouldered. He wondered, faintly...just how much he knew. But he must have known enough when he drew his sword, which Ganondorf noted was that accursed Master Sword.

"It must be interesting for you, boy," Ganondorf purred. "You grow up...so talented, so handsome, always set for a purpose. Do you know how many of you that I have fought? How many of you that stop me? How many of you that live and die to my hand like wheat to a scythe?"

He narrowed his eyes at that, shifting his feet to settle into his stance in determination. Ganondorf smirked hungrily, darkness radiating off him like a thick plague, his golden eyes turning red. He wouldn't falter, Ganondorf knew that. He was always his obstacle, he was always the valiant hero, determined to save everything. His precious Queen forever safe in her castle walls, surrounded by her loyal soldiers. Things were different now, and this day would be his.

"You're not taking one more step," Link said in easy determination, the blade of the Master Sword glinting amidst the swirl of darkness. Ganondorf snarled at that and surged forward, his massive sword swinging wide as Link rose up his shield and blocked in an explosion of sparks that skidded him to the right, Link dug in his heels and parried off the second blade, the Master Sword's glowing blade swinging diagonal as Ganondorf's wrist shifted into a reverse grip, his second blade catching the accursed blade. His strength was impressive for one not even half his size. Was that him, or the sword? It didn't matter.

"I have already taken more than one," Ganondorf smirked, battering away the blade to swing downward with a furious roar. Link leapt out of the way as his blade slammed into the cobblestone in a shower of dark energy before rushing forward, his eyes following Link's ascent. He leapt high and let his inner darkness overtake him, the shadowy aura behind him expanding as he swung his arm, a massive claw of pure evil. Link's eyes widened as he rose up his shield and blocked it, the screech of metal was horrendous to his ears as he gripped the Master Sword tighter, and that irritating light brightened before he slashed downward, cutting the arm off at the wrist and hurling a wave of energy at Ganondorf. He met it head on, slamming both of his swords into it and cutting through as he rushed towards him with a snarl of fury. He brought both of his blades down on top of him, nothing but brute force as Link used his battered shield to take the blow, but he was already decending, and that did nothing but speed up his fall as he slammed into the ground with a choked cry, seconds before Ganondorf landed on top of him, stabbing one of his blades into the ground before hefting Link up by the throat.

"For too long, boy," He hissed, his other arm twirling his sword a moment before positioning it for a stab. "You and your accursed line have vexed me, always...just as a reach victory, but now it is different, now I am the victorious one."

"Not...yet," Link gasped, gripping Ganondorf's massive hand almost desperately before his blade sang and he swung upwards. The energy of light sliced through Ganondorf like nothing and Ganondorf staggered back with a snarl of anger, his lips curled back as Link dropped with a cough. And then it was his turn to be on the offensive, almost as if his bruising throat was nothing more than an irritant, he rushed him. The Demon King met his blade with his own, a shower of dark and light illuminated like fireworks. He was bleeding. He could feel it, that stupid sword had ignored his armor, ignored what he was and hurt him.

Ganondorf, the immortal king of the Gerudo, was bleeding. He parried and deflected, his massive swings were easy for Link to avoid...until Ganondorf dropped his sword entirely in a dispersal of dark magic. He didn't see that fist coming at him until it connected with his face in an explosion of dark energy, and Link's head jerked so hard to the side that he faintly wondered if it detached from his spine.

"Not AGAIN!" He roared, the ground thundering underneath him as he gripped Link by the head and slammed him down into the pavement, a twirl of dark energy launching up into the sky as debris and dust kicked up around them. For a moment, there was victory...but that moment passed, and all he felt was the bitter, almost amusing humor of it all. The boy never quit, did he? He could crush his head like a melon, without hesitation, his body could have been broken into a million pieces...and yet, here they were...the eternal standstill. Link's eyes were determined and clear, his injuries seemingly not worth feeling as the Master Sword was pointed right at Ganondorf's heart. One movement closer, one fraction of a movement from either of them, and they would both be dead, even though the dark magic hissed in warning on Link's scalp, he did not falter. Ganondorf's eyes settled on the boy, his breathing faint, ragged...but his body tense, like a hunter waiting for the perfect moment.

It seemed, that no matter how he thought he had gotten better, that Link was always there with him. If he had more time, he would have been better...and yet, if he had more time...this accursed boy would be better too.

"Not one more step," Link promised, the triforce of Courage glimmering on his hand. So close, it was...and yet, so far away. His voice didn't waver, the pain he felt was beyond comprehension, but he would not let him pass, no matter what. And so, the only thing he could do was scowl in fury, the growl in his throat low. And while the world around them burned and battled, they were forever locked, yet again.

"Mm, a shame..." Ganondorf purred. "I was hoping I would get to say hello to Zelda, I'm sure she is as lovely as ever-"

Oh ho, did he strike a nerve? He felt a faint shift of the tip of his blade press just a little deeper, and in return, his fingers sunk into he back of his head. So touchy, wasn't he? If there was one good thing about this, Link couldn't foil the plans already taking place, if he was stuck here with him. An acceptable choice, but one that infuriated him all the same.

It was truly a fascinating scene to watch, but all the same irritating. This hero, who had given Ganondorf so much trouble for centuries, burned bright like that annoying gnat Pit. What was more, was the sword that he was wielding...it was no ordinary sword. Medusa could sense it's troublesome spirit easily. Practically created specifically to destroy darkness, it was the first time Medusa had ever seen Ganondorf truly injured. Despite this, she did not step in, if only to let Ganondorf see his little reunion through. Unsurprisingly, it ended in a stalemate...the two of them waiting each other out, seeing who would make the first move. If there was any time to interfere, now would be the best time. However, it seemed like someone would beat her to the punch.

A beam of light tore through the air, aimed directly for the left side of Ganondorf's head. Whomever it had come from must have had a lot of confidence that it would not hurt the Hero of Time, but why would it? This magic, like the sword in his hands, was created to only destroy creatures of darkness. However, it would hardly be an issue for Medusa's own magic. She had battled it out with the Goddess of Light on more than one occasion...and was already prepared to negate it. Before it could hit it's target, Medusa pointed her staff towards Ganondorf and dark mist formed into a shield that easily swallowed up the light and cancelled the attack out.

"Hmm, I see that these supposed heroes don't exactly play fair against you, Ganondorf." Medusa purred as her eyes moved to the source of the light...Princess Zelda. Or was it Queen now? It didn't matter, the way she was carrying herself annoyed Medusa. Her beauty far surpassed any of the lowly commoner trash that slummed about Castle Town. She had a nauseous glow that surrounded her, much like the sword in Link's hands. It was revolting to Medusa...

The Queen of Hyrule, despite her failed attack, had an indomitable look about her as she gracefully walked closer to the three, her golden rapier in hand. It was starting to make more sense now....how these monsters were coming from the sky. That shield had the same appearance of the dark clouds that loomed over them even now, where the monsters were falling from. She decided to ignore the sorceress, since she was more concerned about Link.

"Ganondorf...I see you have brought new allies with you as well as your monsters. You will let go of Link, or suffer the consequences." She threatened as her light burned even brighter with determination. If she couldn't use her arrows, her sword would simply have to be the answer....

Ganondorf was faintly aware of the simmering barrier that protected him, however temporary it was. It sizzled around him, it's power was remarkably impressive. He supposed he owed Medusa more than he would like to admit as his smoldering eyes glanced up to 'Queen' Zelda. He knew that wasn't all of it, though...oh no. He could hear the battle raging, but he knew there was one more...one that seemed to always be a stubborn shadow.

In this case, it was quite obvious who it was that lingered behind and to the right of her, her red eyes focused and determined. Ugh, her. All three of them were equally annoying. But it was like a merry little reunion, wasn't it?

"Queen Zelda," Ganondorf purred. "My my...everything about you just screams 'Queen' doesn't it? The years have done you well...you get more lovely every time I come out. I'm flattered you decided to see me personally," he smirked, dark energy twirling across his arm, even as Link's blade still remained steady at his black heart. "I find this to be far more interesting than that, my dear...I know what happens when I die...but tell me, can you live with knowing that you're the reason your precious hero is dead?"

Zelda's eyes narrowed slightly as she stopped her advance. They couldn't stop him like this...not at the cost of Link's life. He seemed content to just come back again later...but she would have to spend a lifetime without Link. Even if it wasn't Link, she could never willingly sacrifice a life to bring an end to Ganondorf and his games. Still, it was clear he had no intent of letting him go, and the longer they all stood here, the more risk Castle town and it's citizens would be at.

"Are you that ready to die again after all this time of being locked away? I don't buy it. If you let Link go, then I will allow you to leave in peace. Just take the monsters and the sorceress with you, as well as that assassin that has been shooting down my men from the sky." She would ignore his false compliments, and she wouldn't answer his question because he already knew the answer. "That is my offer to you Ganondorf...we will settle this another day."

Medusa only scoffed at that. Of course she did not want Ganondorf to be slain after all the work she did to free him, and truth be told until she regained her powers, she needed him. Even with Dark Pit, she would ultimately lose against Palutena and be destroyed herself. Perhaps she should have interfered earlier, or was this all according to Ganondorf's plan?

"My my," Ganondorf smirked, one of his fingers tapping on Link's skull in thought. This was, in fact...exactly what he wanted. "Reasonable, aren't you? This little boy is that deep in your heart, hm? I have a counter offer, your majesty. I wish to discuss terms of a peace treaty," he replied easily. "And I will arrive tomorrow to discuss the particulars, unlike your little hero here, I have nothing to lose. I have been sealed more times than your pretty little brain can comprehend, what is another if it achieves my ultimate goal?"

"Zelda, don't." Link warned, eyes narrowed. "Don't consider it."

"Ah, yes," he purred. "Go the selfless, heroic route, Zelda...watch your city burn around you, watch your subjects die for your sense of benevolence. You are a ruler, yes? Do your own needs outweigh those of your people?"

A peace treaty? Zelda felt like that was a lie. Was a monster like Ganondorf truly capable of peace? What would he have to gain from that offer? Did he truly expect her to believe such ridiculousness? Still, what choice did she have? They were so unprepared for this kind of attack, and there had already been more lives lost. She doubted the sorceress would retreat if Ganondorf fell here, which would mean more death.

"Fine, but you will promise me that you and only you will arrive to discuss this so called treaty. I think that is more than fair." Zelda answered as she lowered her sword. This was a trap, she knew it was, and yet it was the best way to buy them time to fortify their defenses.

"Excellent," Ganondorf grinned widely. "Shall I dress formal for the occasion then? And then perhaps dinner?"

Ooh, was that another subtle little shift of the sword? My my, this one was so bold, wasn't he? Regardless, he carefully skirted the blade down, and Ganondorf equally loosened his grip on his skull as they backed away from each other in unison. It seemed, with the agreement in tow, the roar of battle around them started to slow. Link kept his eyes squarely on Ganondorf, who was grinning like a pleased cat, yet his eyes did wander to the woman next to him.

...Who was she? And where did she come from?

Medusa caught the hero looking at her, and she only grinned seductively in return. Although she was very much in the dark about what exactly Ganondorf had planned, she would play along. Surely he wasn't actually serious about this peace treaty.

Zelda narrowed her eyes at Ganondorf, but at least Link was safe now. "Withdraw your monsters and take your leave at once, Ganondorf. We will see each other tomorrow." Zelda responded passively, ignoring his invitation to dinner. As if she would be able to have an appetite around him...

"My heart soars at our date, your majesty," he smirked, bowing dramatically. "Come, my dear...it wouldn't do to refuse a request of an honored Queen, would it?" Ah, today was an excellent day, truly. He could almost forgive Link for striking him, almost. But he wouldn't, these things were simply realities. It was a satisfying end to see Link so defiant and beaten, knowing full well the events would go how he didn't want them to.

Truly, what better way could this day go?

"A Queen is nothing compared to a Goddess, but I suppose I will honor your word." Medusa answered with a smirk. The fighting was over, the bublins were already beginning to disappear one by one, evaporating into a thick mist that returned back the dark clouds above them, causing them to swell menacingly. She would not formally introduce herself, not to these children. She refused to recognize them as more than just minor annoyances that she would take care of eventually. Not with her own hands, of course...

Zelda made a note of what the sorceress said, and she would get answers out of Ganondorf tomorrow. For now though, she was simply glad that they were finally leaving. She hoped that Impa and Link would understand her decision. The important thing was to keep casualties to a minimum, especially when it came to her citizens. This was truly the best she could do for her people. She would not regret this decision.

They left, as amicably as one could after an impromptu invasion. Ganondorf was grinning from ear to ear the entire time, ah...what freedom it truly was, to walk along Castle Town's streets without a care in the world? If Zelda was half of a competent Queen that she acted, he knew she would be planning for every eventuality now, that's what made this so wonderfully different. He was in a position to do something he never had done before.

"We should celebrate when we return," he purred. "Victory always...inspires me, my dear."

It wasn't a suggestion, considering their little bet earlier. "Sure, but maybe you can tell me what exactly we're celebrating for? Forgive me, but I do not see the victory in our efforts today. The Queen seemed surprisingly brave despite our surprise appearance."

"You won't buckle these ones down with fear," Ganondorf smirked. "No, they are far stronger than that...you can press them down and they will still resist, Hyrulians are resilient people, they will fight until all of them are gone, satisfying, but not very efficient." he mused, scratching his beard. "No...we must approach this at another angle, we need time, and so do they. She is willing to compromise," he smirked. "The best battles are the ones not fought with swords, Lady Medusa, do you not agree?"

"So you were actually serious about the peace treaty, even if it's temporary." Medusa rolled her eyes at that, she couldn't help it. However, he did have a point. She was not anywhere near as strong as she needed to be, and all of the Gerudo were in the middle of breeding season, so they also needed time to develop a good, Elite force of competent soldiers. What was more, was that the seeds she had planted tonight would need time to be nurtured. Monsters could always be created, so that was not a factor. "I suppose it's a good idea, if only because Palutena will try to get them to aid her. A peace treaty would mean they'd have to refuse...as all noble heroes honor their word, do they not? Still, I can't help but feel that you're excited about something else. Are you planning on something more sinister than a simple contract?"

"Of a sort," Ganondorf grinned, looping his powerful arm around her waist to tug her in. "Trust me, my beautiful Goddess. What I have planned will benefit us both," he purred. "However, I do so enjoy that look of skepticism on your face...it brings out the radiance of your eyes. Rest assured, I know what I can do to keep Zelda and her little band of goodly heroes occupied. With you by my side, there is nothing I cannot accomplish."

She didn't pull away when he pulled her close to his body, and she was strangely not as annoyed as she was used to being when someone did something without her permission. Perhaps it was his words. While she wanted to believe they were empty, they were still flattering. "You know these fools far better than I. I will trust you with your part in this, since you seem to trust mine." She said with a subtle smirk ghosting along her lips. It wasn't exactly horrible to work alongside Ganondorf, although she wasn't used to actually getting along with anyone either. It had been a long time since she had, to say the least.

"Excellent," he purred, more than happy to let his hand roam downward to slip underneath her robe. "Come then...let us return home, it has been far too long since I've seen you away from your stuffy garments." All things would come to those who wait, and Ganondorf was patient...especially now. Tomorrow would be an excellent day, and he knew that Zelda would kowtow to every little need if she thought it would help her people succeed and survive.

"Don't be such a brute, it's merely been half a day." Medusa stated before sighing a bit. It was frustrating not being able to be in control, but she didn't exactly shy away from his touch. As long as he did his duties, she supposed she could entertain him this way. It wasn't like she didn't enjoy it either...as much as she didn't want to admit that she did.

"Half a day is an eternity when you're so beautiful, my lady," he grinned. "Besides, I can smell you from here..." he growled lowly, even as they lifted up to the sky. "You're a poor liar when you're so close, Medusa..." Her reluctance was amusing, however...perhaps even inviting. She craved what she wanted least to happen, and that alone made it worth it to watch her squirm.

"You have the nerve to call me a liar," Medusa scoffed as folded her arms. "It has been a long time since such lowly earthly desires have piqued my interest, perhaps I simply need time to adapt. My body may be ready, but I'm not exactly used to having a man around to pleasure me whenever he feels the need to do so." She could tell he was enjoying this, and it annoyed her.

"Mm, and not just when I need to do so...when I know you want it," he purred. "Your words may tell me one thing, but your perfect body tells me another...and what am I, but a humble man that gets to savor your unearthly pleasures, unable to contain my baser instincts around you?"

"Hmm, you don't look like a man who's lost control over his instincts." Medusa said passively before reaching out to caress his bearded cheek. "Just know that the more honey you take from the pot, the harder it will be to resist it whenever it's around. Because there is no honey quite like mine...there is no other woman that can make you feel the way I make you feel when my legs are wrapped around your waist. I suggest you remember that." She purred seductively. She wasn't really aware of the tingling between her legs, until now. This would be far more pleasant if she played along with his games.

Back
Top Bottom