Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Snow-covered Boughs IC (D&D 5e, closed group)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hanna, didn't you see Nicole shivering all the way up here? I don't feel the cold, and I know you're inured, but at least for her sake, we should stay someplace warm for a time, as the baron has so generously provided."

Tess' face glows crimson when Jen smiles at her. She jumps a little when Nicole offers her hand, but reaches out somewhat reluctantly to accept it. "I-it's an honor, milady," she stutters. When the handshake ends, she hurries back to the door, silently turning her eyes heavenward with an expression that says "I have so many questions."

The baron drinks deep of his wine, though not quite as deep as Hanna. "If you really want to go out in the dark, I won't stop you. The temple is about a day and a half's hike north-northeast through the woods. There aren't any real paths, but there should be one or two game trails that go about the right direction for part of the way. 'Course, the bandits will probably be watching them, so it's a choice between risking them or going off the track." He takes another swallow of wine. "If you want my advice, though, trying to find your way through these woods at night is a fool's errand. I'd hike in the day if I were you."

Hanna

She bit back the retort she had planned about being willing to keep the tall woman warm for some consideration, mixing business with busines might end badly - and Nicole seemed a carefree spirit but one that might get attached.

"Fine, I know when I am outvoted - but don't pretend that I don't know that this is mostly about her wanting to meet this daughter and see if she is a worthy prize, and you likely wanting to catch up with that Tess girl what seemed so fascinated with you and teaching her about the virutes of a clothless life" she accused.

Turning to the Baron "you are of course correct - my mother always said that turning down the advise of locals was arrogant and arrogance was a sign of foolishess. I get eager around the prospect of real combat - my own brand of foolishness I suppose" she admitted, "anywhere I could engage in some friendly combat at this time to burn off some of the eagerness" she asked. If they were letting her stay without having to work she was inclined not to work but a good combat session could act as a release.

"I won't lie and say the thought didn't cross my mind, but I really do think it'd be best if we stayed the night. So I would appreciate it," Jennifer says, "if you don't lash out simply because you don't like the situation."

Internally, Jennifer thinks to herself.

Tess probably isn't interested. She just thinks I'm a freak of nature.

The baron nods to Hanna. "We've got a practice field in the courtyard. Covered in snow, most like, but you're welcome to dust it off. Might be some of my people willing to spar, if that's what you want. Feel free to talk to the staff if you want supper, or to know where your rooms or the baths or whatever else are," he adds, addressing all of you. He stops on Jen, brow quirked once more. "You're not going to try to have all my servants walking around here naked, are you?"

"In this weather, my lord? Of course not. And, if past experience has taught me anything, most people aren't willing to go quite so far in appreciation of the humanoid form as to display their own as openly as I do." She smiles at the baron. "Have no fear-I won't be prostelyzing on the value of nudity whilst here."

"I think Jen just wants into your maid's pants." Nicole corrected.

"Of which I vehemently understand." She adds clapping her hands.

Jen smiles. "To borrow your phrase, Nicole, guilty as charged. Your maid is a beautiful woman, and I wouldn't mind... Ahem, appreciating such a beautiful body a little more."

Lord Ramsey chuckles heartily at that. "Hey, I might be a married man, but I can definitely understand that. Hell, I might not mind having everyone naked around here if it'd include her."

He downs the last of his wine. "Well, unless you had anything else you wanted to ask, I think that's everything covered. Good luck out there--whatever gods you follow, I hope they're on your side."

So, unless you want to talk to the baron about anything else, you guys basically have the run of the keep until tomorrow morning. Whatever you want to do--going down to the practice field for Hanna, catching up with Tess for Jen, sitting down to dinner with Lady Alette or checking out the baron's books for Nicole--you can just go ahead and write about doing or asking for IC.

Hanna

"Aye she is a cute one alright" she acknowledged about Tess "could likely earn better than maid money if she put her mind to it". Grabbing her stuff "well off to the sparing yard for me - if we are fighting bandits tomorrow and some of them are former guardsmen or women I want to know there tactics at least, and it is good release. Let me know if anything shows up about the Queen of Wolves in your studies, don't want to find myself fighting a creature I can't hurt or is made of mist of invisible or whatever without knowing it", winking at Nicole "assuming you get any change to study it at all after meeting this Alette".

"Unless there is something else to discuss I have to go and try not to kill any guards or die myself in friendly combat" she joked "and than maybe have a warm bath", once the combat was done having a non-funded sexual encounter where she could relax might be nice after all she thought thinking about Tess and what this Alette might look like.

"Have an excelent night, my Lord. We'll set off tomorrow to save your lands." Jen finishes off her wine in one last gulp, then stands and leaves the room, following after Tess.

"Excuse me, Tess?" she says when she catches up. "Do you mind if I talk to you?"

"Take me to Alette please. I'd like to meet her." Nicole replied clasping Lawrence's hands in her own.

Hanna

Moving to the training field she was anxious, less than a year ago any of the people she was about to challange could likely have manhandled her easilly and had there way - some people did like a pretend fight, now it was her that likely had to be careful about hurting them, and about her own passions.

Entering the yard she looked around for the three most formidable looking warriors male or female she could see - if they were to fight a gang of bandit or wolves tomorrow these might be the odds she found herself in.

Hanna

Finding the courtyard is easy, and without Jen standing next to you, your passing draws much less obvious attention (though you still catch quite a few appreciative looks).

As a pleasant surprise, not only is the practice equipment not as fully covered in snow as it might have been, but two people are already gathered around it when you arrive. What they're doing, though, seems a little odd. One figure seems from a distance to be some kind of enormous giant, but on closer inspection, it's just a person wearing what looks like all the padded training armor that can possibly fit on one body. The other is a man in a normal house guard's uniform, winding up and swinging a wooden practice sword at the first figure with great vigor.

A feminine-sounding laugh comes from inside the armored figure's helmet as the sword hits with a thump, the person inside shifting their footing but not falling over. "Come on!" the voice taunts. "You can do better than that!" Winding up again, the man lets out a grunt of exertion as he takes another swing, with the same result. "Harder!" the woman calls, laughing even louder.

Jennifer

Tess hasn't gone too far, and you catch her in a nearby hallway, standing on a stool and hanging one corner of a tapestry back up on its hook. At the sound of your voice, she glances around, and promptly almost falls off her perch. Catching herself against the wall, she blushes furiously and stares wide-eyed back at you. "Oh! M-milady, I..." Her voice falters, and she nervously licks her lips. "N-not at all, milady. Is there something you need?" You can't help but notice her glancing furtively up and down the height of your body, lingering on your chest and between your legs.

Nicole

Lawrence looks just as unfazed by you taking his hand as he has at everything else. "Of course, my lady," he nods respectfully, setting off down the hall and gently pulling you along. "I believe she's taking her supper now. Should I have someone bring more for you?"

A few moments later, he opens another door that turns out to lead into a comfortably-sized dining room, one of the kind furnished for a lord or lady and their family to eat privately together. At the table sits a girl of aristocratic dress and posture, evidently Alette. What you've heard is true--she's incredibly beautiful. Even sitting down, you can tell she's quite short, probably no taller than five feet, but her shape is nothing but curves, the little bit of extra weight she carries only serving to enhance the look. She has the same tan half-Kith skin as her father, though hers is wonderfully clear and looks soft as silk. Her near-black hair falls to her shoulders in waves, and her eyes are piercing blue.

She glances up as you enter. "Oh, hello Lawrence, and, uh...my lady. Are you a guest of my father? I didn't know we had anyone here tonight."

"Yes, that would be great." Nicole beamed.

Nicole's jaw drops as she sees the beautiful Alette.

"Wow!" She exclaims. "Oh uh." Nicole chuckles. "Yeah. I'm a guest of your father. I'm here to solve the eternal winter problem." She says walking over.

"And I think we are going to get along swimmingly." She beams, pulling Alette into a hug, and make sure to bring Alette's face to her bosom.

Jennifer

"You seemed like you were curious earlier, so I thought I'd give you the chance to ask some questions. And please," she carries on, "call me Jennifer. I'm not any kind of nobility, just an ordinary person."

Hanna

Only two she thought - well it would do she figured, but first to confirm what they were doing she walking up to them "what is the aim - knock her down?, mind if I give it a go" she asked somewhat confused, it didn't seem an effective way to knock someone down rather than merely giving them a shove in her mind.

Hanna

The two guards stop their exercise and turn curiously to regard you as you arrive, the man looking a little guilty. "Oh, uh, sorry milady," he says awkwardly, letting the tip of his practice sword fall. "We were settling a bet, but it's nothing important--"

"Bran!" the woman calls chidingly from within her helmet. "Her ladyship's asking to have a go! Give her the sword already!"

"Hang on," Bran replies, momentarily seeming to forget you as he spins back to face his partner. "If I give up now, don't I forfeit?"

"You already lost, you fool," she retorts, chuckling. "You're never knocking me down, and that's that. Now come on, don't keep her ladyship waiting."

Starting as he realizes you're still there, Bran quickly spins the sword around to offer you the hilt--even that move shows his handling of the weapon is impressive. "The game is just to knock her on the ground with only the sword," he explains, looking sheepish. "No body contact. If you want to follow the rules, that is."

Give me an attack roll.

Jennifer

"Um...okay, mi-Jennifer," Tess corrects herself, swallowing. "And I wasn't...I didn't m-mean to be rude, I just...uh..." She looks on the point of clamping her mouth shut and refusing to speak, but all of a sudden, her resolve seems to cave, and she starts talking at breakneck pace. "I was just surprised 'cause I didn't know who you were or why you were naked or why you have a cock, I mean, I've never seen anyone walk around naked like that and I've never seen a woman with a cock before and...uh..." She goes silent again, eyes still wandering.

Nicole

Lady Alette pants for breath a little as she comes up from your hug. "Well," she grins, "I like you already."

"I'll have the servants bring food for you, mistress Nicole," Lawrence says with a respectful bow, smiling a little as he turns to leave.

"So," Alette continues, hardly seeming to notice the steward having gone, "you're going to fix this winter? What are you, then, a mercenary?"

"Um...okay, mi-Jennifer," Tess corrects herself, swallowing. "And I wasn't...I didn't m-mean to be rude, I just...uh..." She looks on the point of clamping her mouth shut and refusing to speak, but all of a sudden, her resolve seems to cave, and she starts talking at breakneck pace. "I was just surprised 'cause I didn't know who you were or why you were naked or why you have a cock, I mean, I've never seen anyone walk around naked like that and I've never seen a woman with a cock before and...uh..." She goes silent again, eyes still wandering.

"Ah. Well, you see, I swore an Oath about the appreciation of the humanoid body, and part of that involves wearing my own body proudly and without shame. I actually gain strength from my nudity, and it's a central part of my life."

"As for the cock, it's something I was just born with. It is... Unusual, I know," she continues, her eyes a little downcast. "I'm sorry to have bothered you. I know it's... Well..." She mutters quietly "Freakish."

"In a sense." Nicole answers. "I'm with two others, and we're going to find what's causing this, and stop it."

"Your father offered us anything we want. Gold, land." She starts. "His beautiful and intriguing, daughter's hand in marriage." She teases with a wink moving in closer.

Hanna

Weighing the sword in her hand and watching the man's technique, "no miladying needed, Hanna is fine" she stated with a smile to both, she had to admit she liked the woman's attitude.

She felt that giving into a reckless attack that would open her up to a counter would be unsporting - perhaps if the woman proved harder to move than expected.

After consideration she merely lashed out at the torso - no need to try for cheap shots to the legs or head for something fairly friendly.

Hanna

To your surprise, your first swing sends the female soldier sprawling, a plume of snow flying up around her as she hits the ground. Bran's jaw drops. "How..."

From inside the woman's helmet, you hear raucous laughter. Struggling to bend her arm with all the padding on, she reaches up and pulls the helm off, revealing short dark hair, vivid forest-green eyes, and pale skin accented by a dusting of freckles along her high cheekbones. "No offense, Bran," she says with a grin, lifting her head up out of the snow to regard her friend, "but brute strength ain't exactly your best advantage."

Recovering from his shock, Bran gives a chuckle as well. "Yeah, whatever," he grins back. "Speed's more important in a fight anyway."

"Sure," his comrade teases. "Hanna, then?" she glances up at you. "I'm Vera. Now could you two help me up? I can barely move in all this."

Jennifer

"What?" Tess' eyes widen in shock. "No! It's not--I mean, I didn't mean to say it was--" She bites her tongue, swallows, then tries again, sounding more sure. "I don't think it's freakish. I was just surprised."

With the tapestry fully hung up, she carefully climbs down from her stool. As her feet touch the floor again, she chances another glance at you, then quickly looks away. "I think it looks good," you hear her mumble, almost too softly to hear.

Nicole

"Wait, really?" For a moment, Alette looks genuinely caught off-guard, but quickly recovers, fixing her gaze back on you. "Ah, okay, I see where this is going," she says with amusement, raising one eyebrow in a way that makes her look a lot like her father. "You think you're going to be the conquering heroine, going off and saving Greyhill and then coming back to sweep me off my feet, is that about right? And you want to take this chance to see me for yourself, check whether I'm worth the effort, make an impression so I'll pine helplessly for your return while you're away on your quest?"

Jennifer

"O-oh. Really?" Jennifer asks, a smile on her face. "Thank you," she adds, putting her arms around Tess in a hug. "I'm just used to a lot of derisive stares. It's nice to hear a compliment every once in a while."

"Speaking of which," she says, "you're beautiful yourself. It's a shame you hide it under the heavy clothes-though I guess that might just be the weather."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom