Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

B&B: The Saga of Cyanea

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for their grand plan. Thankfully Cyanea still had a surprise up her sleeve. Quickly she shattered these improvised manacles and prepared herself for battle.

"There is no need for bloodhsed, you know, Phrakus" she told the old Magister as she got ready to defend herself and activated her deflection power.

Deflection power activated. No multi action penalty due to Monk (Militatnt) edge. Roll on Enlightenment: d8 / d6 : 6/6+5 : 11 At least one raise, so the TN for all enemy attacks against her is raised by 4

Cyanea 2 of diamonds
Kortalus 6 of Clubs
Pharkus Black Joker!
Goons 4 of Spades

Turn order
Pharkus
Kortalus
Goons
Cyanea

Pharkus looks like he is going to reply. But he casts a spell instead and a ball of blinding light appears hitting both you and Kortalus!

Pharkus casts the Stun power
Result d10+2/d6+2 result 8 a Raise. Make a vigor check at -2 or be shaken.

"My eyes!" replies Kortalus as he tries to shield his eyes.

OOC: Roll to unshake d6-2. result 3 a fail. Kort is still shaken.

The goons all draw their weapons and begin to close in on Cyanea and Kortulas from all sides. They are now in melee striking distance.

Cyanea's turn now.

Cyanea is quick enough to avert her eyes in time, dodging the blinding effect of Phrakus' spell.

Consequently he is her first target, his magic powers makes him appear far more dangerous that a common thug, plus there is the chance that his physical defenses are weaker than those of a soldier. So a flurry of blows rains down on the old man, with the intent to knock him out, not kill him.

Vigor check to resist: d6/d6 = 3/15 = 15. (wow!) So, not stunned.

First attack: Roll on Fighting: d10 / d6 : 5/8 : 8
Second attack: Roll on Fighting: d10/ d6 : 4/1 : 4

Damage is again d6+d6 plus possibly bonuses from raises.

Cyanea lands a solid blow on the old man's gut, but the second attack just barely misses!

ooc: 10 damage. Pharkus is shaken!

Cyanea 3 of Clubs
Kortulas 3 of Hearts
Pharkus 5 of clubs
Goons Jack of spades

Turn order

Goons
Pharkus
Kortulas
Cyanea

Two goons swing on the Lotus master while the other two swing on Cyanea herself. They are using clubs with the intent to knock out instead of kill. They must of been thrown off by the spell because they all missed every attack, even on the overweight lotus master!

4, 4, -3,-2. all attacks miss.

roll d8/d6 result: 5 success, he unshakes and may act.

"Fools!" shouts Pharkus. Seeing that he will probably be hit by either Cyanea or his own clumsy guards he casts another spell. Just then his skin takes on the color of polished steel!

Pharkus casts armor d10/d6 Result 11. He has +4 toughness

Roll to unshake d6. result 11! Kort unshakes and may act!

Kortalus slashes his knife into one of the goons that swung at him. Once again fortune smiles on Kortulas and his knife duives through the foes armor into his heart!

fight result 5. A hit. Damage roll 15! holy crap!

Cyanea quickly kicks back at one of the goons that hit her before focusing her attention of Phrakus again, even though that might become harder now with his armor in place.

Counterattack Edge. Countarattack on the goon with -2: Roll on Fighting: d10 / d6 : 8/5 -2 : 6

First attack on Phrakus: Roll on Fighting: d10 / d6 : 18/4 : 18
Second attack on Phrakus: Roll on Fighting: d10/ d6 : 18/3 : 18

Damage is d6+d6 plus possibly bonuses from raises.

Counter attack damage on the two attacking goons 7 and 6. Both of her goons are shaken!

Pharkus was hot for a a 16! and a 7. That is enough damage to cause a wound! Pharkus drops his benny to soak.

Soak roll a 5! Pharkus soaks the wound!

Pharkus is struck both times. He is actually was staggered for a moment until he shakes off the pain with pure will. The two goons on the other hand were floundering and a solid hit could drop them.

Turn order round 4
Cyanea King of Clubs
Goons 9 of Spades
Kortulas 7 of Diamond
Pharkus 3 of Spades

The goons may be floundering, but Phrakus poses the much greater threat. At least that is what Cyanea currently thinks. So the old mage is the focus of her attention again, and she calls out "Kortallus, can you dispell Phrakus' spell?" She is also ready to strike back at any goon trying to harm her.

First attack on Phrakus: Roll on Fighting: d10 / d6 : 7/4 : 7
Second attack on Phrakus: Roll on Fighting: d10/ d6 : 3/9 : 9

damage 11 which is 1 wound since Pharkus is shaken.

he spends his lat benny to soak and gets a 4. That cancels the wound and unshakes.

attack 2 damage hits with a raise! 16 damage! Pharkus is shaken and has one wound!

The goons attack! Two swing at Cyanea and miss the third swings at Kort and misses! Man, these guys stink.

Attack 4, 1, 3.

"No, but if you get these goons off me I can blow him up!" replies Kortulas. He swings at the goon he is fighting with his knife and misses.

rolled a 1 to hit. miss!

Pharkus unleashes a stream of hungry spirits at Cyanea! Thankfully her powers knock them all off course so they miss. Pharkus has somehow displeased the dark spirits of sorcery! He immediately collapses on the ground from fatigue.

Skill 0, -1, -3 (natural 1),-3 (natural 1 wild die)
Backlash table result 8. Energysap. Make a vigor check or instantly be knocked out. Vigor roll 3. Failed.

Turn 5
Kortulas: Red Joker!
Cyanea 10 of Spades
Goons: 9 of hearts!

Kortulas stabs his attacker with his dagger viciously in the stomach killing him.

Fighting roll 5 damage roll 10

Only two goons left and it is Cyanea's go!

Seeing Phrakus go down Cyanea whirls around, striking at the remaining henchmen.

First attack on Phrakus: Roll on Fighting: d10 / d6 : 5/5 : 5
Second attack on Phrakus: Roll on Fighting: d10/ d6 : 9/10 : 10

Cyanea slays the remaining goons. With that combat is over!

damage 10 and 15!

Cyanea takes a deep breath, her impressive bust heaving, as she surveys the carnage they have wrought in the tavern. All four henchmen slain, only Phrakus still alive but unconscious.

"Let's tie Phrakus up nicely, so he does not start casting spells again the moment he wakes up. He is due for a little chat now ..." she suggests to Kortallus.

At this moment the tavern over comes over. "OI! Get the fuck out of my place before I call the Guard! You got blood and dead bodies all over my floors! Murders!," He said. Well it might best be time to go. What does she do?

"Dear man, why so harsh?"" Cyanea replies, apparently taken aback by this harsh approach. "I am certain you saw that they attacked me first and I was merely acting in self defense."

Roll on Persuade: d6/d6+4 : 3/4+4 : 8

"Yes, but there is supposed to be no fighting in this bar. Besides you used that foul magic. Take your fat wizard 'friend' and kindly get lost," replied the barman. That was a successful persuade check. He is giving the party a chance to clear out. Pharkus is a large man, it will take a standard strength check to carry Pharkus out.

"Okay, okay ..." Cyanea briefly riased her hands defensively towards the inn keeper before turning to her companion. "Come, Kortallus, give me a hand so we can get Phrakus out of here for a nice little private chat ..."

Roll on Strength: d6/d6+1 : 4/2+1 : 5

Cyanea manages to haul Pharkus to her evil lair! By evil lair, I mean the stables. Our well to do Trcinian Noble had his hands toed behind his back and was sitting on a stool. When he has come to he eyes Kortulas then Cyanea. "Instead of catching you, I have been caught. Well if you wanted to kill me I'd be dead already. What is your angle Cyanea?" Pharkus asked bluntly.

Cyanea shrugs her shoulders, turning to face the old man.

"Maybe it is just curiosity? Maybe I wanted to talk with that ghost from my past once more, to learn what had pulled you out of your lair after all these years ... What made you ruin your reputation so carelessly by killing off bounty hunters only to save a reward you could easily afford ... Or maybe you have something else interesting to say ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom