X-Men vs The Brotherhood (Naomi David X nobody)

Naomi David

Supernova
Charlotte Carstairs was not your average 18 year old girl. Normal 18 year old girls didn't have hydrokinetic abilities nor did they have cryokinetic abilities, abilities she had. Normal 18 year old girls didn't have such a high control of said powers. Normal 18 year old girls didn't get expelled from home because they were different. Normal 18 year old girls weren't mutants, or 'freak', as her parents had called her as they had kicked her out of the family home. At least she had graduated high school.

She was tall, standing at 6 feet even. She had pale skin, had a curvy build, though she was very strong. Her hair was long, thick, wavy, and shiny, and a pale, pale blonde, nearly silver. Her face was heart shaped, her eyes almond shaped, and her eyes a pale, pale blue.

Living on the streets was rough, it really sucked to not have a square meal as often as she wanted... But now, after 6 months of the hard knocks life, she was a very accomplished thief, much as she hated stealing. Food, money, clothing, the essentials were what she stole. She lived not far from an art gallery, she was excellent with tools and machinery, and she had rigged many necessary machines in a small loft she was squatting in. Washer, dryer, fridge, freezer, shower... She didn't need heating or cooling, her abilities took care of that, she was always at a comfortable body temperature...

But now, she strongly desired Starbucks coffee, and soup. She'd probably get a tall sized drink and the soup, and be happy, so she got $30 out of her stealings, and made her way to Starbucks. Though she didn't need to wear warm clothing, it was best to do so to avoid suspicion amongst the mundanes, though odds were they'd assume she was some dumb kid trying to see how long she could last before caving to the need of a warm jacket. She wore a warm black Columbia jacket, a black Under Armor hat and undershirt, a black Puma shirt over the undershirt, black denim jeans, Under Armor gloves, and thigh high black leather snow boots. Least she managed to get all the security tags off before stealing. She looked like any other 18 year old just walking to the local coffee joint. She loved the food Starbucks had. Made her feel warm and fuzzy inside, like a good shower.

She was happy she was 'living' near an art gallery, she had been brought up to appreciate the nicer things in life, or, the more expensive things in life. Being near parks, art, or any museum, or at a library, made her feel like she was at home. As such, one could commonly find her at any one of those places. If she couldn't go to college now, at least she could somewhat continue her education through these other places.

Water healed her every wound and sickness, it gave her renewed strength and energy, truly, it was the stuff of life. She could turn herself into mist, an ability that proved itself useful time and again when she was stealing. She could control the cold, snow and ice, all of it. Hell, she could make it snow if she wanted to. Which she was doing right now, making it snow. During her wanderings as of late she had heard children bemoaning the lack of snow. Instead of unhappy children right now, she heard cries of glee and joy. Come Christmas time, she'd really make it snow, though not to the point where it'd be too dangerous to travel.

Dominic Eisenhardt walked down the road quickly, with his hands firmly in the pockets of his long, black overcoat. His silvery eyes looked only at the legs of those he passed, none of them had faces worth remembering. Suddenly, his stomach growled and he remembered that he had yet to eat any breakfast, the morning had been spent working out to keep his body as strong as his mind was becoming. The twenty three year old mutant looked up and saw a Starbucks at the corner of the block he was on, so he headed that way. Once inside he went right to the bathroom, counted the cash he had left for this week and washed his hands. The towel despenser was empty so he just wiped the water onto his jeans and then through his auburn hair, which sat in a three inch high nest of spikes pointing in all directions without looking too sloppy.

Dominic came out of the bathroom and placed his order, taking the large slice of coffee cake to a table on the patio where he would await his drink. He started to play some heavy metal at a low volume from his phone and then noticed several snowflakes landing on his table. Odd, he didn't remember anything about snow on the weather today.

Charlotte saw this most delicious looking man as she awaited her order, silvery eyes, they totally matched her hair, but it looked so strange yet so fascinating in combination with that reddish brown hair of his! Still, very good looking! She waited for her drink and soup on the patio as well, relaxing, enjoying the sounds of happy children, glad they could build snow men and other wondrous creations. She couldn't wait for her potato bacon chowder and her hot vanilla caramel coffee. OMG! She was facing the hot auburn haired dude! Out of sight were her hands, and she waved her hands slightly to increase the snow, it was pretty. Finally, her food came, nice and hot and wonderful! Hot coffee, hot soup... She started to dig in, though she was subtly glancing at the hot guy... But she told herself to not get too excited. Most people weren't too keen about dating a mutant.

After a couple of minutes, he noticed the most beautiful blondie he had seen... Probably ever. He flashed his bright white teeth when he cought the girl looking at him, but studied the wood grain on his table as the snow came a little faster. Soon came a teenager with his drink, whom he ignored. Dominic sipped his drink, expecting his caramel latte frozen, but choked a bit when the drink burned his tongue. He cursed loudly as he took a moment to get used to the drink and add it to the list of things that the weaker humans would pay for once the Grey King took over....

Awesome, he smiled at her, and she smiled back. Thank god contact was successful! The waitress came and delivered his drink. She properly looked up, and it was clear that she was homeless... She saw that the man was unhappy with his drink, and she came up to his table and spoke,"Want me to return that for you? You seem unhappy with it." Good, she didn't sound stupid. She'd pretend to return it to the counter, but really, she'd work her frozen magic on it and make him happy. That was how it started actually, wanting a cold drink. She wanted iced tea... And she had gotten it, nice and cold.

"What?" He looked up to see the attractive girl, who's icy blue eyes shone brighter than most. "Go ahead, just don't poison me." He waved his arm in a gesture that said 'be my guest and pretended not to watch her go inside with the drink, dawdle around a while and return with the same cup. He raised a single eyebrow at the cup, then looked at the girl expectantly, "So what's in the cup?"

She spoke,"What, and ruin such a perfect face?..." She went inside with the drink, and when she was sure nobody was looking, she froze the drink to the exact consistency of a frozen caramel latte. She returned his cup to him, then froze when he asked what was in the cup. She calmed down, and took the lid off to show him it was the frozen drink he wanted. She spoke,"Your drink is what is in the cup!" Please don't suspect my abilities.

He smirked at the compliment, it was rare from such a pretty young girl as this. More importantly, it meant that he had a decent chance with her.

He inspected the drink, the whipped cream was undisturbed but for the straw, then smiled up at her. "I'm just yanking your chain, someone gorgeous like you is more likely to kill me with a smile." He took a drink and let his eyes shut while he enjoyed the perfectly chilled latte. "Mmm, thank you, I really needed this. I'm Dominic by the way."

Thank God. She thought, as she let a sigh of relief out. She spoke,"Charlotte. Charlotte Carstairs. Nice to meet you!" Take it slow, be nice... She paced herself, not wanting to ruin her chances... She was hoping she didn't display her powers to him. She didn't know if he was friend or foe to folks like her... But little did she know, she was talking to a fellow mutant.

"Charlotte, I like it. Take a seat, Charlotte, and eat with me. I don't have to be at work for another hour or so."
Out of his peripheral vision, Dom noticed a couple of guys with zipped up hood-masks and gloves step from a black car and into the cafe. As soon as they were inside, they drew pistols and everyone inside ducked. He noticed that Charlotte was noticing the serious look on his face an he reached across the table to put his hand on her shoulder. Surprisingly firm, she must have been some kind of athlete.
"Don't look now, but the shop's being robbed. Two guys with guns. Just duck your head and try not to be noticed."

She smiled, and pulled her tray of food next to him. She was smiling, feeling the happiest she ever was for 6 months. The touch on her shoulder was very nice. She quietly whistled, and wasn't careful about hiding her hands... White mist seeped from her hands, and entered the black car, and covered it... Frost covered the whole vehicle, and the cold wrecked the inside of the machine... She whispered,"If you got a phone, call 911. Those robbers aren't going anywhere." Indeed, they wouldn't be. Not with her mischief. Then she ducked her head, and finished eating.

He was a little confused by her whistling and the gesture she made. Once the pale girl replied and he saw the iced over car, though, the puzzle clicked together in his head and he looked at her with a knowing smile. He leaned closer over the table and whispered, "You should really be more careful who you use your powers in front of. There are people who want you dead, Charlotte. They want all of us dead." He paused and looked back, sirens were coming from a couple blocks away. "Look, I know we just met but you should really come with me. There are more of us around than you may know and it's imperitave to the survival of the species that we stick together." He just hoped that he didn't sound too crazy, he did not want to have to prove what he was in such an open spot...

Charlotte froze up when he noticed what she did... But his words, the way he spoke, it made it sound like he was like her. She spoke,"You... You're not scared?" She was thrilled to meet another person like her. Some one who wasn't scared. She spoke,"Where are we going?"

"No, fear is for prey, like them." he nodded toward the customers cowering inside. That was when the two men came back out and ran to their car. The well tanned young man chuckled at the stupid thugs struggling just to open the car doors, then he moved his hand from her shoulder to her wrist and stood up, a little surprised that the girl was only about three inches shorter. He stashed his cake and grabbed his drink as he hooked his elbow to hers and walked away from the cafe in time for the police to see the two as mere passers by, not witnesses.
Once they made it across the street he said, "I'm taking you to meet a few others like us. They should be glad to take in a new member, but don't worry too much if anyone gives you any shit. It's been really hard on a lot of us, living in secret."

She smiled, watching the robbers struggle and struggle to open their car. She always helped on little things like these... Such as freezing robber's cars, freezing people who were cruel to others... Trying to make the world a better place. Huh, Dominic was only a few inches taller than her. It was a gentlemanly gesture, hooking their elbows. As soon as they made it to the street, she spoke,"I can do lots. It'll be wonderful meeting more like us." She looked fevered, excited, making the snow rain harder down on them. She spoke,"Be nice to have a home again. I've been homeless for 6 months ever since my folks kicked me out. Day after high school graduation."

"Really? What exactly can you do, Charlotte?" He matched her pace as he listened, making occasional eye contact with the slightly sweaty-smelling girl. It didn't bother him really, he was used to the smell, what with all the training and fighting he did. As soon as she finished talking, his cell phone rang and he handed his drink to the girl to pick it up.
"Here, sir. Yes, about five minutes down the road, but...
No, no it's fine. I just picked up an unknown, water and ice. She seems pretty good, too. Yes sir." He hung up and smiled at the girl. "Well, he's in a good mood today, and cannot wait to meet you."

She wasn't going to tell him everything... Just enough. She spoke,"I can create snow and ice. I can create storms. Dunno about big ones like hurricanes, but it's a possibility! Water strengthens and heals me. I can't get burned, nor can I drown." She hoped she didn't look like a fool in front of the one referred to as 'him'. She didn't want to talk about some of the more dangerous things she could do. it would probably freak him and others out. It freaked herself out, to be honest, most of the nastier aspect of her powers came about through sheer accidents, such as trying to defend herself... Engorging people with water for one, till they exploded. Let's not forget being able to dry them out till they turned to dust.

As they got closer to the safehouse, Dominic looked around more, making sure that nobody unusual was interested in the tall young couple on the sidewalk. "Down here," he said as he steered into an alley. There was a lone door without a knob at which he stopped.
He unhooked his arm from hers and knocked.
Bang. Bang bang. Bangbangbang.

A previously invisible eye-slot opened, there was a gentle hiss, the door opened inward. "Come on in," said Dom as he held out his arm toward the door. The inside was dim and dusty, a single short hallway leading to an old service elevator.

Charlotte was feeling a mounting excitement, she was thrilled to be meeting more people like her, her excitement growing even more since Dominic kept looking around. Finally, they stopped in an alley in front of a door that had no outside knob. Like theater doors that made sure people that didn't pay for tickets couldn't get in. One knock. Two knocks. Three knocks. She committed it to memory as the door opened inwards. She entered the hall way, and she spoke,"How many of us are here?"

"Just three," came a voice from behind the door as Dominic entered. The door shut and a short, thin man of around thirty was uncovered. His skin was very dark, his eyes reptilian and green. The short man smiled and then returned to his book.
"That's Jeff," said Dominic as he stepped onto the elevator, "he likes to joke around a lot, but there's not a finer nose on this Earth. There are a few more of us downstairs, but we'll see in just a sec." He finished talking right as he hit the down button on the control box.

She looked curious at the source of the voice. She didn't look frightened at the new man's strange appearance, merely delighted. She spoke,"I can't wait to meet everybody!" She was drinking up the feeling that she wasn't alone anymore, the lonely feeling was going away. The feeling of not having to hide.

The sharp-jawed young man laughed a bit at Charlotte's enthusiasm, and his irises flashed brightly for a fraction of a second as he looked at her through the door's reflection, "Yeah, I was absolutely stoked the first time I met another mutant." He then turned his head to look at her actual eyes and said, "But don't call anyone that in front of Mr. Eisenhardt. He'll explain everything."
With a loud slam and an abrupt jerk, the elevator ended it's decent and opened into a quite well lit hallway with dark wood walls and ceiling with a bright red, soft carpet and several diverging hallways. Dominic made sure that Charlotte didn't lose her balance, then flashed a smile, "Welcome to the Fort."

"I'm glad I know I'm not alone. The lonely feeling blows!" she replied cheerfully. She smiled at Dominic as they got off the elevator into a nice, clean looking hallway. She spoke,"Do I have to show anything to your boss? Like what I can do?" He had a very pleasing looking face, perfect, even, an artist's dream. Maybe when she got the chance she'd create an ice sculpture of him. Not only could she control ice, she could make it too. Same went for water.

"It's customery for a prospective student to impress her master, yes. See, Mr. E has been around for a while now, so he's had time to observe the ways of men and nature. Mr. E has the plan and we keep it going. I'm getting ahead of myself, we're almost here now."
The whole time he lead the outlandishly cute girl down a hallway a hundred feet and lead her into an open French doorway. They had walked into a huge rec room at least a quarter block in size. There were a couple dozen people from sixteen to mid thirties playing video games, board games, working out, dancing and even practicing unarmed martial arts without looking cramped. A few of them stopped to look up or wave. "Hey, guys, this is Charlotte."

Mr. E. She found that funny, though she wasn't going to be rude and say it. Word play on Mystery. She looked delighted to see the new room, it looked like people had just set up stuff and decided to do it. She spoke cheerfully,"I hope I make good friends with all of you!"

Back
Top Bottom