Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What game are you playing now?

Final Fantasy 7 Remake (for the third time) - Leave me alone it's amazing
Streets of Rage 4 - Nostalgic stress relief, plus Blaze is hot
Animal Crossing New Horizons - Getting better every day
Sakura Wars - Slow burn and not pulling me in as quickly as I wanted.

Let's see, the Final Fantasy VII Remake, Animal Crossing New Horizons, Gravity Rush 2, and until I just finished them the other day, Gravity Rush, Control, and Spider-Man (PS4). If you couldn't tell, I just got a PS4.

No Man's Sky. Ah yes, you say, isn't that the space game that lied? Well my friend, that's not actually true. After a genuinely rocky start NMS has grown into a real thing of beauty and the kind of space exploration sandbox I always wanted. It draws on the tradition of classics like 'Elite' and 'Mercenary', and has a used-future aesthetic that is totally my jam.

Also I grabbed Farming Simulator '19 because it was free on PSN. What can I say, I'm a New Zealander, I literally live in a farming simulation.

I'm going to replay the MK 11 story mode to get in shape for Aftermath. Also trying to complete some of my Wii U games so I can put the console into storage.

Currently playing a ton of Die for Valhalla, Ion Fury, and Headliner NoviNews on my Xbox One X! I also bought a PlayStation 2 with 16 games on it because quarantine is booooring. Hopefully it ships soon; in the meantime I’ve reinstalled Black, Crimson Skies High Road to Revenge, Panzer Dragoon Orta, SSX3, and Star Wars Battlefront II + Jedi Academy + Jedi Starfighter via backwards compatibility on my Xbox One X because I definitely have a sixth generation itch right now.

Persona 4 Golden. It finally released on Steam while back, I think console is getting a release to(if hasn't already,) but it used to be PS Vita exclusive which sucked, till now.

Though playing it, I now realize how much harder the older Persona games were compared to the newest one. Yea. P5 and P5R were easy, the latter ridiculously so.

Baton passes? Ain't no baton passes in the older games. Even regular, shadow mobs were giving me a hard time in some battles.

I wished Atlus did a remastered version of Nocturne, even if it is just better resolution/sharper graphics; but I doubt that will ever happen. That game was in a league of its own in difficulty. Enough to make P5R difficulty curve look like Preschool and Persona 3 & 4 variations look like an Elementary school.

Dead by Daylight, War Thunder, Fallout New Vegas, State of Decay 2, SCP Secret Laboratory.

Decided to hold off from other games for a bit, didn't wanna get myself too carried away since I have replies waiting for me. XD

Been playing Hades. Very fun game, it's a top down action RPG/roguelite from Sueprgiant Games (Bastion, Transistor, Pyre), damn this game is a lot of fun so far.

Been playing Hades. Very fun game, it's a top down action RPG/roguelite from Sueprgiant Games (Bastion, Transistor, Pyre), damn this game is a lot of fun so far.

Hades has actually been my first game from Supergiant, and I get the hype now. xD Totally into the narrative aspects. Just wish I could get farther into the actual gameplay lol

Currently wading my way through a modlist based around Skyrim's Requiem overhaul. Man, it makes the game loads harder. xD Also, MK11, and gonna someday introduce an online friend to a bunch of fighting games.

Hades has actually been my first game from Supergiant, and I get the hype now. xD Totally into the narrative aspects. Just wish I could get farther into the actual gameplay lol

Currently wading my way through a modlist based around Skyrim's Requiem overhaul. Man, it makes the game loads harder. xD Also, MK11, and gonna someday introduce an online friend to a bunch of fighting games.
Yeah, SGG has a ton of great narrative games with decent gameplay, but Hades by far has the most enjoyable combat they've done so far. The game is so crisp and fun to play.

Yeah, SGG has a ton of great narrative games with decent gameplay, but Hades by far has the most enjoyable combat they've done so far. The game is so crisp and fun to play.

That's what has me worried about starting Bastion, Transistor, and Pyre. Less so for Pyre, as it's more of a sports game, but the other two kinda have me worried about their combat lol

That's what has me worried about starting Bastion, Transistor, and Pyre. Less so for Pyre, as it's more of a sports game, but the other two kinda have me worried about their combat lol
They have decent enough combat, but I will say you're starting at the cream of the crop and working your way down. But even 'down' is still enjoyable.

I found Bastion’s combat to be very crisp and enjoyable as someone who doesn’t usually play isometric Action RPGs. Is it Diablo? No. But it’s solid and a lot of fun. Plus the story gets really good towards the end. And I’m excited for a potential Hades port to Xbox, as I claimed Hades for free on Epic Games Store but my laptop is no bueno for even running that. (Spoiler warning: just because laptop says it has eight gigabytes of RAM, does not mean it actually has that much in video RAM. I think mine has 256 MB which is weaker than Xbox 360.)

They have decent enough combat, but I will say you're starting at the cream of the crop and working your way down. But even 'down' is still enjoyable.

Noted, thanks for that heads up!

I found Bastion’s combat to be very crisp and enjoyable as someone who doesn’t usually play isometric Action RPGs. Is it Diablo? No. But it’s solid and a lot of fun. Plus the story gets really good towards the end. And I’m excited for a potential Hades port to Xbox, as I claimed Hades for free on Epic Games Store but my laptop is no bueno for even running that. (Spoiler warning: just because laptop says it has eight gigabytes of RAM, does not mean it actually has that much in video RAM. I think mine has 256 MB which is weaker than Xbox 360.)

I know that feeling all to well. I game on a laptop myself, and though it's better than your situation, I still run into games that perform less than I'd like. Thanks for that heads up on Bastion's combat as well!

Noted, thanks for that heads up!

I know that feeling all to well. I game on a laptop myself, and though it's better than your situation, I still run into games that perform less than I'd like. Thanks for that heads up on Bastion's combat as well!
Bastion SHOULD (last I checked) still be purchasable and playable on the Chrome Web Store.

I got back into For Honor after trying out Warden in Samurai Shodown.
Game's still pretty fun. And I love that I can just use my PS4 controller on the pc version.

On my switch i recently got Burnout Paradise and lemme tell ya. This is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Back
Top Bottom