Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What game are you playing now?

CasualVelociraptor

Dream Weaver
That's what has me worried about starting Bastion, Transistor, and Pyre. Less so for Pyre, as it's more of a sports game, but the other two kinda have me worried about their combat lol
I found Bastion’s combat to be very crisp and enjoyable as someone who doesn’t usually play isometric Action RPGs. Is it Diablo? No. But it’s solid and a lot of fun. Plus the story gets really good towards the end. And I’m excited for a potential Hades port to Xbox, as I claimed Hades for free on Epic Games Store but my laptop is no bueno for even running that. (Spoiler warning: just because laptop says it has eight gigabytes of RAM, does not mean it actually has that much in video RAM. I think mine has 256 MB which is weaker than Xbox 360.)

how_is_you

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
They have decent enough combat, but I will say you're starting at the cream of the crop and working your way down. But even 'down' is still enjoyable.
Noted, thanks for that heads up!

I found Bastion’s combat to be very crisp and enjoyable as someone who doesn’t usually play isometric Action RPGs. Is it Diablo? No. But it’s solid and a lot of fun. Plus the story gets really good towards the end. And I’m excited for a potential Hades port to Xbox, as I claimed Hades for free on Epic Games Store but my laptop is no bueno for even running that. (Spoiler warning: just because laptop says it has eight gigabytes of RAM, does not mean it actually has that much in video RAM. I think mine has 256 MB which is weaker than Xbox 360.)
I know that feeling all to well. I game on a laptop myself, and though it's better than your situation, I still run into games that perform less than I'd like. Thanks for that heads up on Bastion's combat as well!

CasualVelociraptor

Dream Weaver
Noted, thanks for that heads up!

I know that feeling all to well. I game on a laptop myself, and though it's better than your situation, I still run into games that perform less than I'd like. Thanks for that heads up on Bastion's combat as well!
Bastion SHOULD (last I checked) still be purchasable and playable on the Chrome Web Store.

TotesBurger

Money, Hoes, Bionicles
I got back into For Honor after trying out Warden in Samurai Shodown.
Game's still pretty fun. And I love that I can just use my PS4 controller on the pc version.

On my switch i recently got Burnout Paradise and lemme tell ya. This is exactly what the doctor ordered.

MisterKing

Super-Earth
I really gotta get around to picking up Hades, although I'm probably not gonna really get into it until it's "done". I love all of Supergiant's work tho, so that's gonna be nice.

Also words cannot express how hyped I am for ULTRAKILL. I have nine hours logged in the fucking demo, getting perfect marks, secrets, and challenges in the prelude levels. The dev (Hakita) has YT vids of him playing the levels in chapter 2 and I'm so torn between avoiding spoilers and getting my my fix of that Devil May Quake action.

CasualVelociraptor

Dream Weaver
Saints Row 2 is amazing to finally pick up for cheap years later without my parents potentially getting grumpy with me! It’s hilarious to run over people while naked and driving a taxi.

Saber Arturia

Beachserker
Staff member
Administrator
I really gotta get around to picking up Hades, although I'm probably not gonna really get into it until it's "done". I love all of Supergiant's work tho, so that's gonna be nice.

Also words cannot express how hyped I am for ULTRAKILL. I have nine hours logged in the fucking demo, getting perfect marks, secrets, and challenges in the prelude levels. The dev (Hakita) has YT vids of him playing the levels in chapter 2 and I'm so torn between avoiding spoilers and getting my my fix of that Devil May Quake action.
Not to sound too much like a shill, but the game is about 90-95% done apparently, the next major Hades patch will be the 1.0 patch and it will leave early access. The game certainly feels complete.

LunarStar

Super-Earth
Currently having a blast getting to play Monster Hunter Gen U (even if I have to redo everything I did on the 3ds Gen) and so far, Brave style Dual Blades is my fetish.

Staine

Peur du petit sadique
Welcoming Committee
Starbound, stardew valley and Overwatch are being played a lot recently. FFXIV is always being played but we are putting a pause on our main raid group for a while to focus on just helping our Free Company learn the tier of savage fights since nobody in our group cares about the loot anymore until new content is released. Have been thinking I may start on my backlog recently, Two point hospital, maybe jump back into DbD or For Honor, Valkyria Chronicles replay or just finally buy Death Stranding which I put off for unknown reasons. Oh, I should play Hitman 2 as well.

God damn, you don't play new games for a while and they really build up. There are a lot more I want to go through too.

MisterKing

Super-Earth
Not to sound too much like a shill, but the game is about 90-95% done apparently, the next major Hades patch will be the 1.0 patch and it will leave early access. The game certainly feels complete.
niceeee!

I'm not really in a rush to play it rn since I've got a ton of other games on my plate. I picked up that itch.io racial equality bundle they were doing and rn I am loving Night In The Woods and The Land Of Glass, on top of my regular Warframe habit and occasional returns to ULTRAKILL. Still super hype tho; hopefully Hades and ULTRAKILL don't come out at the same time >_>

EDIT: And you're totally allowed to shill Supergiant Games lol; they do great shit

CasualVelociraptor

Dream Weaver
niceeee!

I'm not really in a rush to play it rn since I've got a ton of other games on my plate. I picked up that itch.io racial equality bundle they were doing and rn I am loving Night In The Woods and The Land Of Glass, on top of my regular Warframe habit and occasional returns to ULTRAKILL. Still super hype tho; hopefully Hades and ULTRAKILL don't come out at the same time >_>

EDIT: And you're totally allowed to shill Supergiant Games lol; they do great shit
I need ULTRAKILL on my Xbox yesterday. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

xanaphia

She/Her/Mistress
Just discovered a game that came out a couple years ago call Fell Seal. It's a tactical rpg with a job system, so of course it's my jam, and it's extremely reminiscent of Final Fantasy Tactics in the best possible way, building on everything that made that game amazing. Still getting a feel for the story, but so far it's political machinations and investigating corrupt power systems, so it's promising. I am playing it on PS4, but it's on steam too.

MisterKing

Super-Earth
So I finished Night In The Woods, and man that is a game.

It's one of the few games that actually feels like a novel, also one of the few coming-of-age-stories I've seen in a game. It's one of those few titles that will make you laugh, make you cry, and make you think, and to wrap it up it's all shockingly gorgeous on every level.

Top Bottom