Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What game are you playing now?

I had to rip myself away from the TV, this game really is a massive step-up from XV in every single way and I'm so happy that's the case. 😭

If I didn't have to work tomorrow, I'd have gone on for another, solid 6 hours.
Now that I'm playing it, I actually prefer XV. Sure, XV had its issues but there's something about XVI that is missing the mark for me.

Now that I'm playing it, I actually prefer XV. Sure, XV had its issues but there's something about XVI that is missing the mark for me.
IDK, XV was kind of the low point for me so I really can't defend the game, not much that I cared for as far as the characters, world or even gameplay went. It's one of those few rare games that I thought were flat-out bad, and I could go on for ages about the sheer disappointment I felt slogging through it.

Like, it's as if the team designed the party, made everyone look really pretty and the graphics great, then called it a day. (Just like XIII/2/LR)

The one thing I feel XVI could have done a better job with is certain characters playing a bigger part in the overall story, right now it feel very Clive-centric - which is about what I expected. Still very satisfied with it for now, though.

As I sit in silent seething over not being able to play FFXVI I picked up Sun Haven on steam. It's a farming sim Ala Story of Seasons/Rune Factory/Stardew Valley but it takes a lot from RF more than the other two. It's a fun game so far, just kinda playing it at a languid pace. I don't think it's as robust as SDV is but it has some charm all the same.

Etrian Odyssey HD Remaster
(I recommend the third game to people who want to check it out, first and second games are a bit rough but still a blast)
I love the etrian series. Great crawlers.

Going through God of War: Ragnarök again while I wait for payday to arrive. Then, hopefully Final Fantasy XVI!

Darkwood.

I've had it on my radar for a looooong time. I've had doubts whether it would work as a horror game — since it's top-down 2D — but I'm happy to say it's just as atmospheric and spooky as described by many different people. The sound design in particular is just top notch.

I was gonna play the new season of D4 but holy shit the patch notes they just released for it are soul crushing lmao. not touching it any time soon it seems.

that being said I picked up Fire Embnlem: 3 hopes, and have been having fun with it!

Gravity Circuit. It's got strong Mega Man and Shovel Knight vibes, with a nice dose of Cyber-Shadow.

D4 has been a massive disappointment so I'm back on my Grim Dawn bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom