Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What game are you playing now?

How is/was Strikers? It's a game I'm semi interested in, buttoo many games at the moment.

Strikers is actually really good. Imagine Dynasty Warriors, but actually putting the elements of a Persona game first (Weaknesses, Strengths, Persona usage, customization by switching them since Joker has the ability to do that still). Utilizing various Persona 5 mechanics in interesting ways, such as the Baton Pass being used to switch between your party members. Technicals also return, along with being able to utilize Guns (and the ammo resets like in Personal 5 Royal after every battle).

You also get to switch the soundtrack between Strikers, Persona 5, Royal (after beating the game), Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3, Persona 2, Relevations: Persona and Persona. I dunno if this is a Deluxe Edition thing though.

If anything, do not think it's the same... lack of quality that Hyrule Warriors (and HW: Age of Calamity) has as a "Zelda meets Dynasty Warriors" where it's more or less a Zelda skin with Dynasty Warrior gameplay (bar AoC using some BOTW mechanics).

Also Joker can jump and platform. Link cannot do this in HW or HWAoC. Which is weird.

It's also a sequel to P5 OG and not P5 Royal.

The Persona Compendium seems smaller than other Persona games, though it's to be expected since some may not work with the real time action gameplay (and a lot of Personas were carbon copies of each other anyways) but they introduced Persona Points you collect (cannot remember if it's in Royal/OG P5) if you have the maximum amount of Personas you can carry and a mask drops, giving at least some reward to still collecting masks other than "hey you have a full Persona inventory, get rid of one". The PP (heh) can then be used to level up Personas or eventually level up specific stats.

Sooooo is it obvious I really like it now? No spoilers story wise here. It's a good story though.

Strikers is actually really good. Imagine Dynasty Warriors, but actually putting the elements of a Persona game first (Weaknesses, Strengths, Persona usage, customization by switching them since Joker has the ability to do that still). Utilizing various Persona 5 mechanics in interesting ways, such as the Baton Pass being used to switch between your party members. Technicals also return, along with being able to utilize Guns (and the ammo resets like in Personal 5 Royal after every battle).

You also get to switch the soundtrack between Strikers, Persona 5, Royal (after beating the game), Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3, Persona 2, Relevations: Persona and Persona. I dunno if this is a Deluxe Edition thing though.

If anything, do not think it's the same... lack of quality that Hyrule Warriors (and HW: Age of Calamity) has as a "Zelda meets Dynasty Warriors" where it's more or less a Zelda skin with Dynasty Warrior gameplay (bar AoC using some BOTW mechanics).

Also Joker can jump and platform. Link cannot do this in HW or HWAoC. Which is weird.

It's also a sequel to P5 OG and not P5 Royal.

The Persona Compendium seems smaller than other Persona games, though it's to be expected since some may not work with the real time action gameplay (and a lot of Personas were carbon copies of each other anyways) but they introduced Persona Points you collect (cannot remember if it's in Royal/OG P5) if you have the maximum amount of Personas you can carry and a mask drops, giving at least some reward to still collecting masks other than "hey you have a full Persona inventory, get rid of one". The PP (heh) can then be used to level up Personas or eventually level up specific stats.

Sooooo is it obvious I really like it now? No spoilers story wise here. It's a good story though.
Nice! Thanks for the writeup. I might get it when it goes on sale then, fun looking and sounding game, but I should really finish some of my backlog first!

It's pretty good! Fixes some base issues I had with Persona 5.

I've heard! I heard it fixed the length issue, alongside the annoying thing where you'd basically lose an entire week whenever you got a new member of the party

Been switching off between The Vagrant, Neverwinter (again, after a three year absence) and Grand Theft Auto 5.

If there is one thing I can say about The Vagrant, is that while the visuals are absolutely astounding, the soundtrack is wonderful... But the story... The story's kinda dark. I'm not talking like Dark Souls kind of dark, it's... Kind of somewhere in the middle of like Berserk and Claymore.

For Neverwinter, I got back into again after a three year hiatus since not only was there no new content available past the Acquisitions, Inc. chapter, I left it alone for a time.

Grand Theft Auto 5... I got for free from the Epic Games Store. My brother told me to pick it up, and so, I did.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition! First game doesn't look like a potato anymore which is already 5 stars in my books lol

Does it play like a third person shooter now or is it still clunky as hell?
Ehhh, like gameplay wise it's still the same game but I think they might have tweaked with camera and controls a tad? Like I noticed that the camera isn't always so pulled back so it's hard to see anymore. And controls respond better though ofc combat isn't as good as 2 or 3. Love the story but otherwise I see the first Mass Effect as a hurdle to get to the good ones xD

Ehhh, like gameplay wise it's still the same game but I think they might have tweaked with camera and controls a tad? Like I noticed that the camera isn't always so pulled back so it's hard to see anymore. And controls respond better though ofc combat isn't as good as 2 or 3. Love the story but otherwise I see the first Mass Effect as a hurdle to get to the good ones xD
Okay, glad they at least made it more bearable. ME1 has the best overall story but man I hate the gameplay

Okay, glad they at least made it more bearable. ME1 has the best overall story but man I hate the gameplay
SUCH a mood. Only downfall story wise for me personally is the lack of romanceable characters but the other games make up for it. Replaying the first one really has me appreciating the origin of all the lore and the little details put into the game. Love the elevator rides now that loading times are so short bc you just get to enjoy the side conversations between companions or tid bits of news that's being broadcasted about the current goings on in the galaxy. Haven't played the first one in half a decade, would just replay 2 & 3. But glad I can enjoy it now.

SUCH a mood. Only downfall story wise for me personally is the lack of romanceable characters but the other games make up for it. Replaying the first one really has me appreciating the origin of all the lore and the little details put into the game. Love the elevator rides now that loading times are so short bc you just get to enjoy the side conversations between companions or tid bits of news that's being broadcasted about the current goings on in the galaxy. Haven't played the first one in half a decade, would just replay 2 & 3. But glad I can enjoy it now.
I only beat 1 pretty recently, and I still have to beat 3 with my Shepard from 1 and 2. It was mainly because of the gameplay, but I powered through and actually enjoyed it!

Neverwinter... And regretting the decision.

Especially with this one person I'm playing it with. I play too aggressively, they feel like they're useless. I decide to hang back or half-ass it, I get told to pick up the pace. I even attempted to make the case of saying that certain enemies would just bum rush you in groups in efforts to take you down, I get told I make this person useless.

Now I remember why I fucking hated this game in the first place. Not to mention the playerbase in general sucks anyhow.

Gonna need to try KotOR 1 again because the only other Star Wars imma get around here is probably gonna be playing Carth or Revan for someone, lol.

That and they're fun RPGs, of course.

Just finished watching a friend play Resident Evil: Village. (it counts.)

Honestly, I'm going to pick it up and play it myself. It was SO good, 9/10. I'm not over my RDR2 obsession... but mmmm, RE8 is taking up at least 1/3rd of the "hyper-fixate" part of my brain now.

I picked up Hatred yesterday, and what I don't get is that this was supposedly the game that made everyone collectively shit their pants back in 2015? Having played it a few times, I find myself either groaning in irritation at how often I was getting my ass handed to me or straight up laughing like mad at the utterly cheesy dialogue. But, on the flipside of things, there's a handful of mods that can either change the perspective of the game from either top-down to third or first person on the fly or take out the monochrome presentation of the game.

All in all, the game's... Uhhhh... Fine, I guess? It's an okay twin-stick schmup that plays good, looks alright, but is pretty much nothing but a glorified tech demo to show off its destructible environments, which everything - and I mean everything - around you can be torn to shreds by so much as a stiff spider fart. But if you're looking for something a bit more tongue-in-cheek like this, you're better off either with the Redux version of POSTAL 1, where Running With Scissors gave a nod to Destructive Creations by putting The Antagonist in it along with the monochrome filter, too. That, or the Hotline Miami series if you want a more '80s A E S T H E T I C vibe.

I started a new game of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon : Explorers Of Darkness after finding a complete, used copy at a flea market!

The amount of time (and $$$) I spend on gacha games is starting to annoy me. Other than that, some Overwatch because we are still in their anniversary, and Virtua Fighter 5.

Back
Top Bottom