Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What game are you playing now?

I got Watch Dogs Legion and God Eater 3 on Black Friday. And Xcom 2 for Switch but I ain't played that yet.
Watch Dogs is pretty fun.
God Eater is pretty tight too. I like the changes and Burst Arts. Weird thing is that it feels way easier than the previous games for some reason.

Pokémon Blue. Picked up a physical copy to justify my purchase of a moded backlit, higher resolution screen GBC. :I Hoping to pick up Gold and Links Awakening soon. Probably the Donkey Kong GB games too. Restart a small gameboy collection.

Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch, both single player and multiplayer, along with some mods of the base game called Competitive Class-Based Modification. Basically, it turns the core game into what I could best describe as a hybrid of Team Fortress 2 and Overwatch to a degree. Keep this in mind, as the characters you play as aren't just skins when you start up into a server. No. They have their actual character specific movesets from the Mega Man games. Might need a bit of rebinding the keys from time to time, but otherwise, I've enjoyed this mod to a degree, even if nine times out of ten, I end up getting my ass kicked.

And even though the PlayStation 3 servers have all shut down, I still find myself going back to games from the last few console generations, especially stuff I got from the PlayStation store when it was still active. No knowing if for sure if the store is still active there, but perhaps there'll be time to test that thesis out. Still have Klonoa: Door To Phantomile, the original Tomb Raider trilogy - though I gravitate more towards the second entry - and Daytona USA, not in that order. With Daytona USA though, I stopped after a few years before jumping into it again just to finish up what few challenges there were left as well as attempt to finish a Survival mode run.

For the Wii U, I mostly run it as an emulation box through a website exploit before booting up RetroArch. Don't need much else going into that.

For my XBOX One... Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Otherwise, I've also partaken in a few others like the Viscerafest demo which is basically if Doom and Metroid came together what popped out could be an absolutely adorable baby... But then half of the baby's face looks like an Eldritch abomination that then grows up to becoming a bloodthirsty, egomaniacal and morally ambiguous psychopath who lifts occasional one liners from Blood and POSTAL. Like seriously, what the absolute fuck happened with this girl's face? But that's what happens when you decide to stick your dick in crazy, jus' sayin'.

Then I grabbed the ULTRAKILL demo. Oh boy. Anything I say about this game would be considered a spoiler, but if you want a taste of the otherwise batshit craziness you're gonna experience, get the demo first and if you love the Devil May Cry combo system along with your Quake inspired gameplay and you like the sick tricks you can pull off with your guns, then you will LOVE this one.

I am going back to old playstation 2 games lately, my current favorite is Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, I absolutely love that game

Immortals Fenyx Rising came out of freaking nowhere with barely any hype from me, but this is Ubisoft realizing that less is more by borrowing from what works about Zelda, what works about modern Assassins Creed RPGs, and fusing it with Greek mythology.

The graphics are gorgeous and it runs flawlessly at 4K/60 on my Xbox Series X. Meanwhile, the writing and humor are on point, the music is an earworm, the combat, puzzles, exploration and world are all engaging...get it immediately for whatever system you can. Even Stadia if you have no other choice, as much as cloud gaming sucks right now.

It’s $40 now at places like Amazon because nobody’s talking about it, so it appears not to have done well. Maybe if Ubisoft had released it in spring and not put Watch Dogs Legion and Assassins Creed Valhalla next to it, it would have stood out more. But oh well! I bought the Gold Edition and look forward to New Game+ (a real rarity in games these days) and the three forthcoming expansions, including the one set in China.

In short: Old School RuneScape. I'm a 15 year vet but still a noob in most respects. Love the retro version.

Oh, can't forget GTA V on Xbox one sometimes still, and Ghost Recon Break Point when new content comes out.

I'm playing Pokemon Sword (and Shield) The Pokemon games are the only games I can play without getting bored in the first 5 minutes ;w;

Trails of Cold Steel IV and Skyrim. I will get cyberpunk 2077 whenever more next gen systems become available.

Got my hands on Prison Architect with the Cleared For Transfer DLC some time ago. Not gonna lie, but hohboy, it can be rather exhausting, but it's great fun!

Deep Rock fucking Galactic. personally, my game if the year. It's a bit too addicting, honestly. Whenever I hear the words "Rock" or "Stone," I immediately have flashbacks to blasting bugs in the caves. Get it, if you're reading this. It should be on sale on Steam, and it's definitely free on Xbox Game Pass.

I'm head-deep in Griftlands, Hades, Moonlighter annnnd Assassin's Creed Valhalla right now. There may be a reason I never finish any games :p

DBZ Kakarot, where the DLC is apparently terrible and the endgame content is unexciting punch sponges. Great storymode though!

Back to Devil May Cry 5 and boy do my fingers fucking hurt pulling off these complicated-ass combos.

Little SWTOR again, too~

Back to Devil May Cry 5 and boy do my fingers fucking hurt pulling off these complicated-ass combos.

Little SWTOR again, too~
SWTOR is like an abusive spouse for me. I always come back, no matter how much I can't stand it. The story is good, but the gameplay is so mind numbing at times. But what other game lets me roleplay as a Mandalorian? None...yet.

As for me, I've jumped from Ghost of Tsushima to XCOM 2, and currently, I'm playing this cute little visual novel called Katawa Shoujo. It's of course lewd, but it's all very tasteful and can be turned off if you want.

Back into Lobotomy Corp for me. Learning the games mechanics can be fun, if hard at times!

SWTOR is like an abusive spouse for me. I always come back, no matter how much I can't stand it. The story is good, but the gameplay is so mind numbing at times. But what other game lets me roleplay as a Mandalorian? None...yet.

I think that's just MMO's in general; it's a lot of the same shit quest-wise and as someone who doesn't PVP, all I have is my story. And you're right, no other game let's you be a Mandalorian and ride a Dune Sea Bantha across the Tatooine desert listening to the Mandalorian theme song. Shit is DOPE!

I want to try to focus on something to start marking down the backlog... but what?
God of War?
Ghost of Tsushima?
Hades?
The Last of Us Part 2?

No.

I'm playing Ring Fit Adventure, Genshin Impact and other mobile games. SMH.

I think that's just MMO's in general; it's a lot of the same shit quest-wise and as someone who doesn't PVP, all I have is my story. And you're right, no other game let's you be a Mandalorian and ride a Dune Sea Bantha across the Tatooine desert listening to the Mandalorian theme song. Shit is DOPE!
If it was more like Dragon Age, I'd absolutely say it's amazing. The stories are good, but their best strengths are condensing down the essence of the archetypes. Jedi Knight, you assemble a motley crew to save the Galaxy from an evil Sith and stop the Emperor. Bounty Hunter's travel to the underbelly of the Galaxy to track down targets and bring them in, dead or alive. It really puts me in the mood for Star Wars, just from the atmosphere alone.

I want to try to focus on something to start marking down the backlog... but what?
God of War?
Ghost of Tsushima?
Hades?
The Last of Us Part 2?

No.

I'm playing Ring Fit Adventure, Genshin Impact and other mobile games. SMH.
Hmmm...Probably God of War? I think it's the shortest of the games, besides Last of Us 2. Although I will say Ghost of Tsushima is really damn good.

Back
Top Bottom