Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vacation is Here (Grave and Wiki)

Angel started to laugh, " actually I was thinking about something funny that when you wrap yourself completely and cover your head and face too under the blanket your in a cocoon like a caterpillar..." Slowly she squirmed back and forth to scoot next to him a bit more. " it feels like it would be easier to fall asleep when you wanted to...oh and something else I just thought of, do you think they like live shows where they let anyone perform I guess a talent show kind of thing but not really....cause of....reasons..." she pretended to act a bit more casual seeing she had a plan for it.

" I guess and I also found this cool anime that has an awesome music video in the end of it, and the costumes they wear are so damn awesome...." mika gave a squeal, " and I can kinda song parts of it..." soon she came over and sat on her lap going on YouTube as she started to get the video. " I wish I could wear something like that maybe all the time..." pouting slightly.

Brandon thought about it and laughed.
"You know, I never thought about it that way, but I can see the logic."
He thought about her question.
"Yeah, they have open mic nights at several clubs. I'm sure we could find one doing something like that."
He suspected what she had planned, but chose not to comment on it.

Brandon pulled the covers over their heads and snuggled Angel close to him.
"You know, this really is cozy."
He kissed her cheek.
"But you're already a butterfly. Your beauty is captivating."
He hugged her so that she could feel his heartbeat through his chest.
"I love you."

Valerie chuckled. It was so unusual to see Mika squeal like a fangirl like that, but it was also so cute and uplifting. When her friend sat on her lap, she shamelessly squeezed her breasts once before holding her around the stomach just to tease her.
"You would look great in those outfits," she said as she watched the video.
Valerie then looked at her friend.
"Do you think maybe we could make those costumes?"

"Clubs, mmmmm.....I don't think it would really work with the mood, i really want it outside though...." frowning a bit as she sat up a bit. " Brandon you sound so cheesy saying that all the time you know, trying to take her hand out and poke him in the cheek, kissing his chin and closing her eyes to relax. " I really wanna go out already but I guess we have to wait for a bit longer then, maybe we should go early for sign ups or something, and I have to think too about it while we get there...."

With Mike's embarrassment again, she jumped with a blush as she felt Valerie touch her again, " I really shouldn't do that...." she thought feeling stupid when she remembered she did that last time as she got up and went for another chair sitting next to her then crossing her arms and leaning back, " I guess....." wondering how it would even work.

Brandon chuckled.
"You're not likely to find many outdoor talent shows in the winter, babe."
He kissed her back.
"There's nothing wrong with being cheesy. Aside from that, we need to know where we're going before we can leave. Why don't you look up any events that might be what you're looking for?"

Valerie chuckled as Mika got her own chair to sit in.
"Aw, ruin my fun."
She thought about the costumes.
"Well, we'd need materials to work with. Do you know any cosplayers? They might have some tips for us."

"Stupid winter, but yeah ok then....though I don't really know what site or whatever to check the area...." Angel slowly pulled the blanket off herself, taking his arm off her, " we should bring snacks up here, I'm hungry...." kissing his forehead this time Angel stood up and stretched heading for the door, " you wanna come? If not I was gonna come back so we could lay down together and watch tv and stuff or if you wanna check for me the events then...." she shrugged waiting for an answer.

Mika stuck her tongue out, leaning her head against her shoulder laying her arms on her lap. " I think the harder thing is the materials, i think it's easy to see an image when we have all the stuff already. I think I could do it better like that..."

Brandon got up with Angel and listened.
"Well, we should check for local events online. I'll come with you to get snacks, though."
He walked with her down the stairs and grabbed some chips. Once they were back up, he got on his laptop.
"I'll start by checking the Facebook pages of local clubs, see if they have any events going on."

Valerie was amused when her friend stuck her tongue out, but appreciated the playfulness.
"Well, I don't have any experience making clothes, especially not those kind. I'm sure we could find the materials around here, but I don't know what we're looking for. I was hoping you had some friends that might give us some direction, but I guess not."
She logged onto google.
"Maybe we could find a video on how to make costumes?"

" and I'll just be lazy and cute then...." she shrugged file in behind as she wrapped her arms around him and kisses his forehead then going to the bed and watching t.v. " I'm planning something for you and I just had some feelings come up inside me so that's why..." Angel turned back to the tv as she waited for him.

"Friends, i don't even know what those are...." she said sarcastic but knowing she just hurt herself on the inside anyway. " I have really mixed feelings about friends.....i mean it's good if you don't have friends cause you don't have to deal with stupid stuff and your alone when you need it. But having friends you could places and it wouldn't be boring and its something I wish I could just go for more than anything. Have someone to think about all the time and stuff, I know I have that with you but still it would be funner than just two of us....thats fine then...."

Brandon smiled.
"Lazy and beautiful. You're far beyond just cute."
He turned to her.
"Planning something for me?"
He turned back to the computer and logged into Facebook.

After searching a few places, he hit paydirt.
"Ah, here we go. An outdoor talent contest is being held at Whitmore Park this evening. It's an open-mic event and first prize wins $100."
He turned to Angel.
"Does that sound like what you were looking for?"

Valerie looked curiously at Mika.
"Mika-chan...Do you really have no other friends besides me?"
Valerie had other friends, although Mika was her closest. It was true that Mika and her other friends had never really socialized, but she always felt like all of her friends were also friends with each other.
"What about that anime club you were in back at school? Surely you had friends there?"

She turned again toward him looking over at the computer, "mmmm.....that could work." Looking up at the ceiling and thinking for a moment, " now all I need is to buy what I need.....which isn't that much....hmm do you know a costume store around here? After that we just need to wait for tonight, or maybe we should head there already after if that works...." Angel again stood up and walked toward him again, " I'm gonna be singing, but it's surprise of what or how...but those words are what I really feel like about you.....youll find out when it's my turn though...." she stuck her tongue out teasing him and reading about the other things on the page.

" well I actually don't see them much..." Mika paused thinking for a moment, " one person that I could say was a friend in that club.....and I have a small group of four friends but what really sucks though was I met them kinda late, and that it took until now...." she shrugged, " but we don't hang out a lot accept in school, mostly after though....I mean I guess that I do have good friends seeing that I see two of them in one class and the third in one in my other. And I hang out with them sometimes after school....I don't really know, I guess I'm just saying this because I've never had friends until now, well I did have two friends in two different grades but it didn't last long because school was going so fast."

Brandon listened to what she said.
"You're going to sing a song about me? Should I be worried?"
He smiled to show that he was just kidding.
"Yeah, there's a costume store just downtown. We can go ahead and go."

Brandon got up and went with Angel downstairs. He let his parents know that they were heading out and got into his car with her. They drove to the costume shop and headed inside with her.
"Well, here we are. I'm interested to see what you come up with."
He began looking at some masks just to pass the time while Angel did what she had to do.

Valerie nodded.
"Oh, I see. It's good that you have friends."
She turned back to the screen.
"Do you want to go to the costume shop downtown? We might be able to find materials for the costumes there."

Angel sat up and stretch, hopping off the bed as she followed behind when he left, slowly heading downstairs and into the car with him as they started to drive out finally. The whole time in the car she just stared out at the city illuminated by so many streetlights and people walking around, it felt almost like a weird dream to her being in the same city as the person that she had never seen in a long time.

With that she opened the door and got out walking inside with him as she slowly started to go her own way, taking her phone out and texting instead of finding and telling him something simple. " don't ask about it, it's a surprise...." she sent off to him as she continued to find everything eventually getting everything together and quickly heading over to the line waiting." What time should it be starting, I need time to change and sign up....." sending another text to him as Angel waits a bit longer before she started to pay. "I'm done now so let's hurry anyway...."

"I guess, is there even anything else to do beside the mall though?" Asking wondering about the boredness she would have of course after that. Mika stood up as she turned toward the door, "let's go then..."

As Brandon was looking at the masks, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Taking it out, he saw that it was a text from Angel.
Okay.
After he had finished texting, he began thinking to himself as he looked at some costumes.
I wonder what Angel is planning to do. If it's about me, I hope it's loving, or at least friendly.

He got another text from her, and began to text back.
The show starts at 6. It's 1 now. You'll have plenty of time.
He went to the checkout counter after receiving her third text and got into the car with her.
"Let's head over there and sign you up."

Brandon drove to the park where the sign-ups were happening. He got out of the car with Angel and walked with her over to the booth.
"You can take it from here, babe."
He looked around, seeing other performers practicing and gearing up. There was a dancing group of girls, what looked like a rock band, and what looked like a folk singer warming up. He waited for Angel to finish up, still wondering what she would do.

Valerie chuckled.
"Did you forget about the movie already? You dork."
She walked with her out to the car and drove with her to the costume shop, just missing running into Brandon and Angel. She had printed out a picture of the costumes they wanted to make, and had the lady at the counter help them pick out material. Valerie had hopes that something like this would make her friend very happy.

Soon she got out of the car with him bringing the bag behind her,looking around at the crowds of people as she got out and joined Brandon. Giving a slight nod she took the pen and sighed herself up looking into her bag with a smile, turning to him and taking his hand as they headed off to a bench to sit down so they could wait. Eventually it was time as all they did was talk and walk around for a bit as they waited.

" 20 minutes, go and join the crowd and I'm gonna go change....and like I said before these are my true feelings seeing you again...." with that she left to go off and change as the show would eventually and people had started to perform before it was finally her turn stepping onto the stage, " this is for someone I love...." she called out from the mic then waiting for the music before she finally started to perform
( costume in vid)

"Well after that." Replying as she followed beside her inside as she started to look wondering where to even start. " I guess wandering a bit works..." with a shrug deciding to go down the isle then into another as she would pick things up while she was still thinking hard on it exactly.

Thanks to the worker at the counter, Valerie was able to gather up many of the materials. She met up with Mika and showed her what she had. After they had purchased the items, Valerie went home with Mika and found an old sewing machine that her mom had. Following the directions that the costume shop woman had given her, she began to sew up some fabric.
"For the complicated designs, this is going to take us several days. However, I think we've got enough to get started."

Brandon did as Angel asked and waited for her to appear onstage. When she did, he was surprised by how amazing she looked in the suit. He was touched when she dedicated it to him without saying it, and was captivated as she sang and dance. He had had no idea she could move or sing like that, and it was beautiful to him. When she was done performing, he stood up with the rest and clapped for her. He had a feeling that she could see him in the crowd, his eyes glowing with joy as he smiled.

Brandon approached the stage and grabbed a plugged-in electric guitar that was in front of the stage not being used.
"This is for the woman I love."
Placing the strap of the guitar around his shoulders, he tuned it and grabbed the pick. After playing the very metal sounding intro, someone on a drum set got his beat and began to play drums to back him up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSNvMZRyVBo

Brandon looked at Angel as he played, communicating his love to her in this loving instrumental. About a minute into the song he reached the chorus, and he knew the words by heart.
Follow your heart, you've got to follow your heart, livin' for today, forget about tomorrow. Follow your heart, you've got to follow your heart, any other way will only lead to sorrow.
As he prepared for the next stanza, he winked at her as the next line came into his head.
Don't wait any longer.

Brandon began to play the second stanza, mouthing the words "I love you" to Angel shortly before the guitar solo. His hand moved at lightning speed on the fret board, communicating his emotions through the strings of the instrument he loved so much. As the song reached its end, he moved closer to the stage. He stepped onto it just past three minutes into the song and approached Angel. Improvising an ending, he played the last night, which was a beautiful and emotional rock note. Turning back to the crowd, he spoke with a strong voice:

That song was for my angel.

The crowd erupted in cheers, touched by Brandon's impromptu tribute to his girlfriend. He unslung the guitar and handed it and the pick back to its owner. The drummer waved at him from the back, and Brandon waved back, having appreciated his help in making the song better. Brandon then turned to Angel, bathed in the lights of the stage, knowing that all that needed to be said had been communicated between them in song.

"Actually I just remembered a simple costume though the thing is it might be expensive...and they don't sell it around here...." she shrugged and took her phone out deciding to show her. Mika then walked slower wondering what she would do then for her own costume.

Angel slowly steps to the side as everyone was waiting at the corner of the stage since it would be easier for them to line up after everyone was done for the judging as she held the cane in front of her looking over to see who was next but a bit surprised that he was the person. Though she was slightly confused she didn't really care or mind much if he wanted to do something as well as she just watched him quietly wondering what he wanted to do before finally hearing his own song and his last comment after. With everyone else she clapped and put her head down, smiling though no one could really tell. Suddenly dropping the cane and jumped almost tackling him but enough to where he wouldn't fall as she leaned up with the lights showing that angel had started to kiss him and her arms were around as well.

Valerie took a look at the costume. It looked great on the animated model, and she imagined it on Mika. It looked cute on her, and it would make her happy to wear something she liked.
"I like it, but I'm not so sure about the demon face hair accessory. I'm going for a different look, though, and you might laugh."
She took out her phone and pulled up an image of Akiza Izinski from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, showing her the outfit that she was wearing, which she thought was awesome.

http://main-im-char-1.gamewise.co/Akiza-Izinski-142804-full.jpeg

Brandon looked at Angel as everyone continued to applaud him. Her face was down so that he could not see her expression, and that worried him slightly. Was she happy that he had done such a romantic thing? Was she embarrassed because he had done this completely out of the blue? Was she mad because she thought that he had upstaged her? Angel suddenly came flying at him, and he caught her around the waist.

Within moments, her arms were around his neck and she was kissing him. Seeing now how she felt, Brandon kissed her back with love and affection. He held her close so that she could lay her head on his chest or shoulder if she wanted after the kiss. He had never loved Angel more in that moment. His musical tribute was the only adequate response he could think of for such a romantic thing that she had done for him. It was in this moment that he was realizing what love was all about, and that Angel had been right about emotion over physical stimulation.

9th" it does look a little weird, and I don't really like dark hair colors much anyway, maybe a lighter red could work...." she shrugged stretching her arms up, " or I had another look though that, maybe the same but still it's something cool like the other one..." again she showed, "well I need to order stuff and that's it..." and with that she started to look through.

Angel slowly pulled away still in his arms, moving her hat up a bit and looking at the crowd giving a smile for a moment before looking around wondering if they would be judging everyone after letting the two have the moment, " the only thing I can say from the bottom of my heart is I love you." She sang a bit repeating the last part of the song for a moment before she turned and walked over to get her cane and pulling him to the side waiting like everyone else would. Putting an arm behind her back Angel leaned in towards him a bit to hold his hand just waiting now though looking around thinking for a moment, " hmm I do have another song though, wonder if they'll just let people do live after this then..."

Valerie nodded.
"Yeah, I really like the kimono."
She looked at Mika's other picture and gave her a nod. She then turned back to the sewing machine and kept working.
"I've always wanted to try cosplay. It always seemed so fun to pretend to be a different person."

Brandon smiled as Angel sang a little bit.
"Follow your heart," he sang a bit back, letting her hear what the actual song with words was like.
He moved to the side and stood with Angel, holding her hand.
"Another song? I fear we may have stolen the show enough already."
He was being sarcastic, and hugged her close, loving how good she looked in her outfit.

She sat on the floor and leaned back a bit with a yawn, " I like the trip part and showing off....but expensive as hell and my own stuff too.." mika slowly got up and stretched deciding then to get something into eat and come back after a while.

Angel simply starts leaning against him a bit more before getting pulled in. " well I doubt I'll win anyway.....they still didn't even say anything about it yet..." Angel turned her head as she laid it under his chin and stood there looking around wondering what to do. " I'm hungry after this now..." frowning a bit and taking his hand to hold it in hers just enjoying being close to him again.

Valerie nodded.
"Yeah, I understand."
She watched as Mika walked off and continued working on her costume. It had such intricate parts to it that it required intense focus. She decided to take a break and get some food with Mika. She sat down on the bed and started eating.

Brandon enjoyed the closeness that he and Angel were sharing. She was being loving and sweet, proof that he had touched her heart and that she really did love him. The judges conferred and then one of them started to speak.
"We had a lot of great performers, but one pair really stole the show."
He smiled.
"The winners of this talent contest are Angel and Brandon."

Everyone began cheering and clapping as they were made to step forward. Brandon took her hand and bowed, while she was free to either bow or curtsy, depending on what she wished. They were presented a check for $100 and everyone congratulated them. With the contest over, everyone just began to hang out and have fun. Brandon sat on the edge of the stage with Angel and put his arm around her.
"You're my angel, and I'm the man who plays music for an angel."

She leaned back as she took some chips and started eating them seeing that was the only thing that she could have right now unless she had their parents cool or they would be going out again. Mika laid on the bed on her stomach as she turned on the tv to watch, " jeez Angel and then found something to do all day....." she complained a bit wondering how they dated for so long.

Angel was a bit confused for a bit seeing that it didn't say anything about multiple winners and seeing as there was only one prize but I guess she had the fact that she won so the girl seemed fine. Angel decided to just stand there instead as she went down and sat with him leaning close. " you really do sound cheesy you know...." flicking him again as she looked around and tapped her cane idly. Looking up at the stars, " I have an idea for another song about the stars, and I guess it's because of my childhood too....you think there's gonna be another show soon? Doesn't really matter if it's a contest or not, and I think I'm wanting to do this alot more then...." Angel unwrapped his hands then scooted away a bit as she decided to lay her head down on his lap now.

Valerie turned to Mika.
"Oh, don't be a complainer. We're going to see that movie in about an hour. You won't have to be bored for long."
She reached over and began to tickle Mika on her sides. She often did that when her friend got too serious.

Brandon looked down as Angel laid her head on his lap.
"I'm sure that there will be more shows. You really like performing, don't you?"
He gently raised her up and gave her a kiss.
"I think I'll play the guitar some more. It's been so long since I really played."

Mika flinched, scooting away a bit then back to her spot, "waiting long is stupid..."She sat up a bit, starting to sing a song boredly (kotonoha) before she stopped after a moment, "that's what we should do after, we should see if there's karoke or something....theres one favorite song that's in Japanese that i love to sing...."

"Mine too..." she yawned and laid her hands behind her head before sitting up, " let's go eat then..." finally standing up as turned to look at what was around them first. She

Valerie smirked as Mika moved away, but stopped tickling after she did. She heard her friend sing a bit, and then saw her get an idea.
"Yeah, that sounds like fun."
After waiting for a while, Valerie got dressed to head to the theater with Mika. They got into the car and made the drive. After getting the tickets for the movie, popcorn, and soda, they sat down in the theater to watch the movie they had come to see.

Brandon nodded.
"That sounds good. I'm starved."
He bid the people farewell and headed toward the car. Once in the car, he turned to Angel.
"Well, where do you want to eat?"

" would you mind though if maybe we could go home so I could change?" She asked taking her hat off and scratching her head as she leaned back to relax. " don't really know, you haven't really showed me much around here..." angel put on her seatbelt and started to think then.

Mika soon changed as well, following behind her and getting in as she continued to follow and sit down next to her when they got there. Soon as they movie started she relaxed and started eating her snacks really liking the fact she had never done this before alone with a friend though she also thought about it like that when they were swimming as well, as it also reminded her to ask later if they could go again then.

Back
Top Bottom