The Mercenary (Beautiful_Disgrace and I)

Samus gasped a bit when she felt his hand on her backside, but she didn't resist as he pulled her even closer. What was he trying to do? She was..careful not to touch his injuries as she curled up towards him, resting her head on his shoulder. "Of course I will be.."

"...Good," Ike mumbled, face nestled against her hair. "...You shouldn't stand up to Medusa like that, Samus. It's dangerous...you're supposed to be docile to me, remember?"

"..Sorry. I tried my best. I'm..not a good actor." She explained as she looked up at him. "Especially when I'm worried..and irritated. Althea is..she just gives me the wrong vibe. I can't explain it, but I felt like she would try something if I wasn't watching over you. In a world with so much black magic and strange poisons..I didn't want to take my eyes off you."

"...Fair enough," Ike mumbled, kissing her hair lightly. "...I'd rather take the poison than have you angry at me," he said dryly. "...you're more than a little terrifying, Samus."

"I'm not the one who fought four people at once..." Samus said, returning his dryness two fold. "Honestly, you say the strangest things sometimes. I'm starting to think I'm only terrifying because I'm a woman."

"...W...Well," Ike swallowed just a little, giving a faint smile. It was hard to tell the truth, mostly because the woman against him looked like an apex predator on her good days, and a sultry succubus on her erotic ones. She was firm and toned, and he felt like that if she truly wanted to, he'd be a broken mess on the floor. She was lithe and graceful, and deserving of something far more than this. "...Women are not my...expertise..."

"I'm not women, I'm Samus." She simply answered, as if that actually mattered. She was aware of her beauty, but she figured he'd be used to it by now. They had been intimate more than once, after all. "..Not that that changes anything. I will..try to be more open with you so I don't come off as...scary." It was like she was almost insulted that he was intimidated by her. Though she really wondered if what he said was true. "..I wonder how a man with no expertise can sleep with a Queen and a Goddess?" Sona had told her about Zelda and Ike's strange relationship. The Light Goddess? She knew that Sieg was his and Palutena's son.

"...A question I often wonder myself," Ike said dryly, eyes narrowed a moment at her, almost jokingly. "You are just a naturally intimidating woman, Samus...I don't mind, I find it attractive."

Samus looked into his eyes with a bemused expression before looking away. Her face was hard to read...she almost always looked angry. But...she would take that as a compliment. "..What are you going to do about your son, anyway?" She'd change the subject for now...it wasn't that she was uncomfortable or anything, she just didn't know what to say.

"Nothing," his voice was neutral, because it had to be. "There is nothing I can do about it, Sieg barely even knows me. Let alone knows who his father is." Ignoring the obvious comparison, what father was he to him?

"...With Palutena gone, you're the only thing that's stopping Medusa from using him as bait to lure her back in. If you leave, she'd probably start treating him badly." She had watched Medusa long enough to see her petty ways. If Ike left, she would just take it out on Sieg. "..Or she might use him to blackmail you."

"That will be fixed when I can fix it," Ike murmured. "I can't do anything right now, even if I want to. Medusa's going to be paying closer attention now." He was still trying to figure out how to take being a father so young...

"You're right. But sometimes I feel that he's..aware." Ganessa was like that when she was a baby. Now? She was too busy trying to climb up the walls rather than actually sitting down and thinking about something. She didn't have the attention span to piece together clues that hinted at Sieg not being related to her in the very least. She could only hope that Sieg was different, and he would see through Medusa's manipulation.

"I've noticed," Ike murmured. "...I have to trust him, since I can't help him."

"I suppose you really don't have any other choice. If you'd like, I can keep an eye on him..." Samus knew how to spy, it was hard for anyone other than Medusa and Ganon to notice when she was present somewhere. She was also curious as to what they were planning on teaching him...

"...Maybe," Ike murmured. "...But don't risk yourself, Medusa seems a little...different than usual today." Content, even? She carried herself far differently than he was used to.

"I know what you mean...I found it strange that she let go of our failure so easily. Even stranger that she didn't actually go after Palutena herself." It was one thing if it was just Chrom or Pit that escaped. But Palutena? Medusa seemed to hate her with a passion from the way she tortured her. Why would she just watch her get away?

"Besides, I might be liable to get up without you around," he joked dryly. "Can't have that, can we?"

"You better not. You should stay in bed. Hopefully that witches brew will make your injury heal faster." Samus muttered as she looked down at his bandage. "How is the pain?"

Horrible. "I'll manage," Ike mumbled. "Nothing I haven't felt before." That blade scraped right across his ribs and sunk a little into the flesh. Ugh...

"..Are you certain?" Not that she could really help, she wasn't a healer nor did she trust Althea enough to ask for assistance with his pain. "If you're not, I could see about finding something to dull or stop the pain. Or someone.." This world had many strange magic items and potions, after all.

"I'm fine, Samus," Ike said, giving her a faint smile. "...I can manage." She was...truly concerned about him, wasn't she? "I promise, I'm not going to fall over in the middle of the night. It just cut a little close to the rib."

"..Alright." She said with a little uncertainty, but she couldn't leave the subject alone. She was probably being bothersome, but she didn't care. She was just concerned and didn't like seeing him injured. "Then at the very least, get some rest, Ike."

"I will," Ike sighed. "...What are you going to do?" he asked as he carefully undid his boots to slip out of them. He did feel exhausted...not just physically, but mentally.

Samus stood up from the bed. "I'll be walking around for a little while." She wanted to know what Medusa and Ganondorf were doing with his son, but she was going to leave it alone. She didn't want to give them a reason to find her untrustworthy. "I like knowing what's going on in my surroundings."

Back
Top Bottom