Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Under a bat moon (Krystal x blakkat07)

Serenity waved him off. "Whatever spoiling of Alfred she does will be separate from what I do. Plus, Krys spoils everyone. "

Jason started for the door. "Let's get downstairs anyway, just in case."

Serenity looked out the window as they drove.

Alfred had a nice lunch spread ready for the trio when they got downstairs.

Serenity smiled. "Gotham has two sides. Welcoming in the daylight but menacing at night." She giggled. "Like you, Bruce."

Alfred chuckled as he watched Krystal. "Go ahead and dig in."

"You're probably right." Serenity smiled. "Anyway, I know our initial decision for coming to the mall is to find gifts for Alfred, but I wanna see about grabbing a couple other things too. That you'll have to wait until later to see."

Jason and Dick both kiss the top of her head before joining her.

Bruce raised an eyebrow. “Just remember to be careful. One never knows what will happen here. Krys has been having visions of the Joker kidnapping you..” he looked worried.

Krystal smiles to the kisses as she eats.

Serenity raised an eyebrow back. "We're heroes love. We both know anything can happen anywhere. I'll try my best not to let Joker kidnap me. But you know, if the situation at hand means either I let him kidnap me or innocents get hurt, I'll make the sacrifice." She gently cupped his cheek. "But it'll be fine, okay. Now let's park so we can get in there already."

Both Jason and Dick gave her loving looks between bites of their food.

Serenity snorted. "Is there really such a thing as a "typical" chaos incarnation?"

Alfred waited quietly while the trio ate until they finished.

"I will." She smiled as they parked and she got out of the car. "Meet back at the car in say...two hours?

Jason and Dick both groaned inwardly as they watched, even as Alfred just put the present in his pocket for the time being.

Serenity kissed him back before grinning and hurrying into the mall for one of the bigger department stores.

Alfred chuckled briefly before clearing his throat into his hand to regain composure. "Miss Krystal, did you happen to apologize to your sister today before she set out with Master Bruce?" His tone was the more parental scolding one that Jason and Dick would both recognize from when they were growing up

Bruce went to the menswear store. He needed a few suits and also wanted to get Alfred a gift card for a few suits for himself. The butler deserved some pampering.

Krystal blinked a bit. “No.. I don’t think I did.” now she felt bad. She frowned softly, feeling like an idiot. Even so, she still hoped Alfred would like the pocket watch she made for him when he opened it though.

Serenity picked out some cologne and cufflinks for Alfred, buying it and discreetly putting it away in her subspace pocket before heading to the lingerie section to pick out something new for her to wear tonight to surprise Bruce.

Alfred nodded. "I thought so. In the entire time of over a millennia that I've known all of you, I've only been witness to the sight of your sister locking herself in a room and crying her eyes out, only opening the door for Master Bruce less than a handful of times, including last night. And each of those times has had to do with something that happened between you and her, likely all with the same base reason. I did not pry and will not pry. You know as well as I do that your sister has a gentle heart. And I can tell you that she would rush to your defense in a heartbeat against anyone, including any of your parents. As it stands, if she were forced to choose between you and anyone else, she would always choose you. Even at risk of what she has with Master Bruce. That is how highly she holds you in regard."

Dick and Jason had both silently stepped back when Alfred started on Krystal, neither man wanting to draw the elder's ire.

Bruce went to the next few stores, getting things for alfred and some things for bunny. He would magic them away to the trunk of the car.

Krystal shrunk back a bit. She was feeling progressively worse about herself for what she’d said and done to her sister.

Serenity had just managed to finish paying for her stuff and storing it in her subspace pocket when a commotion started. People were running past her scared. Quickly she moved to get a view of what was going on while staying hidden. She narrowed her eyes at seeing the Joker with some of his henchman robbing both shoppers and the registers with guns in hand. She shut off her mind to Bruce and the others as she started assessing how to get innocents out safely. It wasn't long before she had managed to gather some and was slipping them out one of the exits.

Alfred sighed. "I'm saying all of this because I, like anyone else among your loved ones would hate to see you two at odds when steps could've been taken to prevent it. When you apologize, you'll both move past it easily enough. But even she would only be able to take so much heartbreak before she's finally done. Because yes, her heart breaks. And if your relationship with her breaks, this family will crumble with it. I'm telling you this because I love both of you girls the same way I love the boys. As if you all were mine." He walked over and kissed the top of her head with a soft smile.

It was just after she had managed to sneak a third small group of civilians out that one of Joker's cronies snatched her by the hair and pulled her back towards the Clown Prince of Crime. "Hey boss, look who I found. It's that billionaire's newest eye candy." The henchman pointed out as he tightened his grip on her.

Alfred nodded. "Good. And thank you for the watch." He winked before heading off to do his regular duties.

Jason and Dick were both leaning against a wall. "Well, I wonder what it'll take to get him on Sere like that." Dick spoke up. "She's the only one who hasn't had his way of a telling off, at least to my knowledge anyway."

Serenity started struggling even as she glared at Joker.

"Uh-uh pretty girl." One of the other henchmen taunted. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." The henchman had his gun pointed at a single mother and her children, all of which were shaking in fear.

Serenity looked over and sighed. She hadn't expected her earlier words to Bruce to come true so soon but it seemed that would be the case. "Let them safely go...and I'll come with you quietly."

The henchman who had his gun trained on the mother and children looked to the Joker. "What do you think, Boss?"

Jason and Dick both kissed Krystal's head again. "Either way, she'll eventually have her turn, I'm sure of it." Jason spoke up. "Now let's get you cuddled up in our room and we can have some movie time, what'dya say?"

Joker looks between them. “Yes, take her. Leave the rest. We have what we need now. The bats will come running for this one no doubt“ he laugh maniacally.

Krystal smiles softly at the kisses. “Can we watch supernatural?” She grins

It took a lot for Serenity to keep a straight face at Joker's words. She scoffed. "You make it sound like Batman's a special hire for the rich instead of someone who takes down lowlifes like you." Inwardly, she sighed in relief as the last of the hostages left. The henchman that held her tightened his grip on her arm while shoving her in the direction of the getaway vehicle. "I'm sure the boss is gonna have plenty of fun things to do to you while waiting on the batman." The henchman hissed in her ear.

Dick shook his head with a grin. "If that's what you want, then sure."

Back
Top Bottom