Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Heroes and Villains [OOC+FAQ] (OPEN!)

• Sewers.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Park in the middle of the city.

• Woodland area near the city.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Docking/Port.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Warehouse area (storage)

• Business District

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Small Business District (Market Street)

• Transportation District (airlines, taxi, bus, etc)

• Informative District (libraries, science, r&d)

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Health and Hygiene (hospitals, blood banks, water treatment centers)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Hideouts/Havens (villains and heroes who don't want to be publicly seen will want at least a point o

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dready

Star
Roleplaying thread is here

Character profiles are here

This is an interest check for a group rp that is open to any who wish to play as a superhero, super villain, anti-hero, or average joe. This roleplay shall be meant more for story and action, but sex can still be (easily) included into the ordeal. If you're interested in wanting to participate, or have a question, just post below saying such.

Frequently Asked Questions:
What's the setting? [Not sure yet. High chance of being moderate future, yet close to modern]
Who's on the heroes and villain's sides? [You get to choose which side you join first]
What if I don't want to be on a side? [Freelance it up! Maybe you could create your own group]
Would there be a limitation to what I could be? [Yes: no god-mode characters. Also make sure to have your character have some sort of weakness]
What if I want super-awesome-hero/villain secks? [Feel free to join, but anything that goes on fore more than a post or two between people should be put into a side-thread so then it wouldn't crowd up the group roleplaying aspect]

Character Sheet:
-Username:
-Name: (character's actual name)
-Alias: (what they're known, or want to be known by)
-Race/Power: (one or the other)
-Race/Power Details: (describe its details)
-Background (known):
-Background (unknown by the populous):

am i missing anything?

Re: The Heroes and Villains [OOC+FAQ]

His powers operate on the same principals, and the effects are pretty much the same.
As I said, an idea... I need to expand upon it

well then if it's not a problem i'd like to join. i've got an idea for a character who can manipulate/travail through time, but i need to hammer it out more, and it's going on 5AM here, so i'm going to get some sleep so i can think clearly

i'll allow your character just based off of what he does, and as long as you don't completely metagame the system horribly.

alright, it's been decided on 'Multiple locations, one thread' which means that we'll need to do something again: vote on what the types of locations will be.

As a late leaper onto bandwagons departed, might I poke my proboscis in?

Superheroics and supervillanies are among my most profound enthusiasms, good sirs and madams.

Marvelous!

Any particular super-niches that are or are not crowded, for the nonce?

As far as I know, we're rather unbalanced in the direction of supervillains. So another hero or two would be nice. I could be wrong though. Check the profile thread for a more accurate estimate.

heroes are outnumbered almost 3:1

and i would kindly appreciate whoever the hell put their vote as the one that is meant for me so i can see the polls as such? if you step forward i won't be sicking misha on you. if you don't step forward, she'll be given a temporary copy of the transformation ray gun, complete with the dial that is labeled 'too many stains to clean up' which is probably what she'll a majority of the time once obtaining it.

Heroics, eh? I daresay that could be arranged.

Now to shuffle off briefly and cogitate.
In my Latverian fortress.

Just the few ideas that spring to mind:

'Imago', a gentleman whose personified ideal self springs forth from his body and acts as a duplicate. But is it really his ideal? Or is it those desires he must repress? Aside from his single duplicate, when his Imago is absorbed it can make spiritual strikes against opponents (alias punching them right in the ego and/or id), and defend him from physical attacks by sprouting its limbs from wherever is convenient. In addition, these flailing ectoplasmic limbs enhance and extend his sense of touch.

'Eb-ngthalar', a grotesque tentacled mass from beyond time and space- but a swell chap(?) for all that. Note his jaunty bowler hat. His abilities spring from his body itself; while not super-strong, it is incompressible and extensile, and manipulating his many tendrils gives him the reaction time and dexterity of a skilled martial artist. His eldritch origins also grant him low-level telepathic abilities.

'The Galatean', a disembodied artiste with a penchant for crafting bodies for itself. Animated by pure will rather than crude flesh, they are faster, more agile, and more able to accept punishment than flesh; and since most are hollow, they contain a plethora of hidden gadgetry. Summary, the bat-mannequin.

Think I've got it narrowed down to these three.

Fixed Nihl's bullet-field thing, also gave him a more tangible weakness, tuned his powers down a bit.
I am still working on it... *rolls eyes* I may eliminate the field altogether, Instead focus on an aura that he creates and manipulates, combining the negation field and tendrils into one power, reducing his range but increasing intensity.

I could play a hero, though I don't quite like to. I would rather my second character be some sort of terrorist or villian for hire, since I have refined Nihl a little into more of a crime lord than a thug or standard serial killer, he won't be participating in too many bank robberies or high profile crimes since I would rather he be a boss or leader... He needs someone to lure the heroes into his waiting tendrils. So unless another villain is willing to work for him I may create a lackey.

I added a couple more pictures to my character's appearance just 'cause I was bored. It's all the same person, wearing basically the same thing, the last one being more street-oriented clothing.

Midnight said:
Fixed Nihl's bullet-field thing, also gave him a more tangible weakness, tuned his powers down a bit.
I am still working on it... *rolls eyes* I may eliminate the field altogether, Instead focus on an aura that he creates and manipulates, combining the negation field and tendrils into one power, reducing his range but increasing intensity.

I could play a hero, though I don't quite like to. I would rather my second character be some sort of terrorist or villian for hire, since I have refined Nihl a little into more of a crime lord than a thug or standard serial killer, he won't be participating in too many bank robberies or high profile crimes since I would rather he be a boss or leader... He needs someone to lure the heroes into his waiting tendrils. So unless another villain is willing to work for him I may create a lackey.
minions, just get minions. :3 there's always room for more minions.

@clockwork: i approve of the one you put into the profile, and hope to see him in there when we've started.

@misha: nice. *solemn nod*

@midnight: i approve of it now, though you can change it to the other option and i'd be alright with that one as well. as for being a crime lord, you can just control nameless minions as most people do instead of having to make a lackey. hell, even having your character find a group of thugs and then taking over the establishment in one or two posts works well enough for yah. :3

@everybody: Multiple locations inside of a metropolis wins it! Now we're going to be taking one last poll, which is what the locations shall be. everyone gets to have 5 votes, i advise that you only use one vote per option you want, unless you only want one area for sure. :I either way it works. :3

Voting this time around will have it to where all options that have at least 1 vote in them are applied to the metropolis. however, think of your votes as funding for what you want to employ. The more votes into each area, the better the attributes for that area there will be. For example, if there was only 1 vote for Sewers at the end of this poll, then the sewers would not be in the best of shape or repair at all, however 3 votes in Sewers and they would be sprawling under the metropolis for a quarter of a mile below the surface, allowing it to be used as the same for other areas (for instance: Hideouts/Havens, and Transportation both can be used for the Sewers as well) as a substitute. :3

questions?

i spot a vote under 'other' but i don't see a comment yet.

if you're not going to comment, then please don't vote on 'other' like an igit. tis a large amount of dislike when there is no communication.

I voted "other" for "all of the above"... Allow players to move about freely in any zone and from zone to zone as they please. :3

I will keep tinkering with his powers and add an appearance soon enough, I want him to be a decent villain for the story, having an actual goal-oriented bad guy will help shape things.
Yes, I could create minions, though what chance would criminal thugs (even lots of them) stand against any of the superheroes in this rp? >.<
I guess they could work as a decoy or I could use NPCS
But I am tempted to create someone who works for nihl

Sorry, it just took me a moment to post that...
I had to run off and do something after voting.

Midnight said:
I voted "other" for "all of the above"... Allow players to move about freely in any zone and from zone to zone as they please. :3
sorry to break it to you, but you're already able to move from zone to zone once the locals are put up. i'd advise changing your vote if you can, or find a different reason for 'other' on your posting.

tis not like i'm going to restrict a character to the sewers or force a villain to be in the business district. :I that just doesn't make sense.

Characters still being accepted into this or no? Cause I'm very interested and if I can join I would love to have some fun with this.​

Back
Top Bottom