Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Heroes and Villains [OOC+FAQ] (OPEN!)

• Sewers.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Park in the middle of the city.

• Woodland area near the city.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Docking/Port.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Warehouse area (storage)

• Business District

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Small Business District (Market Street)

• Transportation District (airlines, taxi, bus, etc)

• Informative District (libraries, science, r&d)

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Health and Hygiene (hospitals, blood banks, water treatment centers)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Hideouts/Havens (villains and heroes who don't want to be publicly seen will want at least a point o

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dready

Star
Roleplaying thread is here

Character profiles are here

This is an interest check for a group rp that is open to any who wish to play as a superhero, super villain, anti-hero, or average joe. This roleplay shall be meant more for story and action, but sex can still be (easily) included into the ordeal. If you're interested in wanting to participate, or have a question, just post below saying such.

Frequently Asked Questions:
What's the setting? [Not sure yet. High chance of being moderate future, yet close to modern]
Who's on the heroes and villain's sides? [You get to choose which side you join first]
What if I don't want to be on a side? [Freelance it up! Maybe you could create your own group]
Would there be a limitation to what I could be? [Yes: no god-mode characters. Also make sure to have your character have some sort of weakness]
What if I want super-awesome-hero/villain secks? [Feel free to join, but anything that goes on fore more than a post or two between people should be put into a side-thread so then it wouldn't crowd up the group roleplaying aspect]

Character Sheet:
-Username:
-Name: (character's actual name)
-Alias: (what they're known, or want to be known by)
-Race/Power: (one or the other)
-Race/Power Details: (describe its details)
-Background (known):
-Background (unknown by the populous):

am i missing anything?

Re: The Heroes and Villains [Interest Check]

uh, i don't see why projectiles would just fall harmlessly to the ground, since if someone fired from outside of the field the bullet wouldn't require electricity to propel itself anymore than before the barrel, the spark to fire the bullet alone. also what's the range on that AoE? also it reads like you cannot sap the powers of a racial ability, though you can still sap the life force it seems.

Re: The Heroes and Villains [OOC+FAQ]

His abilities make me happy my power provides near perfect protection.

yeah, aren't you glad that i helped yah on this character? dude, you can throw him with a bubble if he gets too close. :3

or stick myself in one and flee. Also of course I'm glad, I did seek your help after all. It would be assholish even for me to ask for your help then deny that you did.

... it'd be a tim if you did that. :I and whoooo~!

indeed i do... indeed i do. *solemn nod* find anyone who would want to join the rp?

Not anyone else, no. I am poking Proprioception to get her shit posted though.

lol nice. btw, what sort of location should we be having for the roleplay? would it be world wide, over a couple of threads for seperate locations, or are we just going to have it be in only one general area of a large city and the landmarks around it in only one thread?

post your votes! :3 wait... there's a poll system around here.

good to know, because your profile didn't show in any way which side he leaned to, since you skimped on the background... both of them. at least mark one of them, because the first one is what he's popular/infamous for and the second is what actually happened in his life to make him act in such a way. i would massively prefer it if you filled out more than 'unkown' and 'he doesn't want to talk about it', especially if neither answer actually applies to the section you're supposed to type into.

if you need help:
-how'd he get his powers, when, and what was his first encounter using them?
-how did he feel about his powers, what did he do about it?
-blah blah easy as hell crap to answer.

[/rant][/bitch]

Bullet's movement requires kenetic energy, entropy does take place over time, though normally it is negligible, take that kenetic energy and make it go poof, the bullet loses all energy, as the only thing keeping it moving is the kinetic energy, either falling to the ground or impacting with very little effect... or at least that is what I could think of. Electricity is just one form of energy, so is heat. Energy-based attacks would also just fizzle out

The field dissapates energy instead of transfering it, if someone is drained by the field it doesn't go to Nihl, unlike if he connects with a tendril. The field still dissipates vital energies from a person making those who stand inside it end up feeling weak. (To the point where it is hard to stand, or move) , the strain presented, the draining effect is what causes superhuman powers to go poof, which means it would also affect racial abilities, and human abilities.

The field's maximum range... maybe about ten feet from his body for the strongest part, after he has fed it can be extended to be larger, maybe fifteen or more. The dangerous part of the field is also very easy to see, making it very easy to dodge, though one wouldn't walk into it unless they had incredible stamina or didn't know what it is, but even then they can tell it probably wouldn't be healthy. (Which is why he uses it as a defensive measure)

The field I imagine would also slowly shrink, as it is straining.

Midnight said:
Bullet's movement requires kenetic energy, entropy does take place over time, though normally it is negligible, take that kenetic energy and make it go poof, the bullet loses all energy, as the only thing keeping it moving is the kinetic energy, either falling to the ground or impacting with very little effect... or at least that is what I could think of. Electricity is just one form of energy, so is heat. Energy-based attacks would also just fizzle out

The field dissapates energy instead of transfering it, if someone is drained by the field it doesn't go to Nihl, unlike if he connects with a tendril. The field still dissipates vital energies from a person making those who stand inside it end up feeling weak. (To the point where it is hard to stand, or move) , the strain presented, the draining effect is what causes superhuman powers to go poof, which means it would also affect racial abilities, and human abilities.

The field's maximum range... maybe about ten feet from his body for the strongest part, after he has fed it can be extended to be larger, maybe fifteen or more. The dangerous part of the field is also very easy to see, making it very easy to dodge, though one wouldn't walk into it unless they had incredible stamina or didn't know what it is, but even then they can tell it probably wouldn't be healthy. (Which is why he uses it as a defensive measure)

The field I imagine would also slowly shrink, as it is straining.

i disagree with allowing all that has been highlighted in red. yes they may be of the same area of energy, but that grants too much power overall. everything requires kinetic energy for any outcome in the least, so causing that to stop at all seems bogus. now if it took more than half a second it would seem just slightly more reasonable, even then i wouldn't allow it since bullets travel at a minimum of half a mile per second now a days and a radius of 10-20 feet would only dissipate the impact due to a lack of energy to only .45 miles per second, which can still manage full penetration of the human body through the torso, decapitation through the neck or skull, and dismemberment if hit in a joint.

second qualm: no. energy cannot be created or destroyed. if it just dissipates, then there is free-roaming kinetic energy inside of the field which is then spread out continuously until all of it reaches the extremities of the sphere. even then, it'd turn into an electric field from such an event. if the energy transfers to you at anything higher than a 50% of it's usual output and i'd still say no.

i'll give you some options now. 1. make a different character. 2. downgrade your power to these parameters. 3. make a different power that is not able to be used in such a vague way that would allow too many loopholes for bull *rap to seep through and stink up the joint. 4. you can troll. 5. pick one of these options instead of standing your ground since there's no way you're getting something that i have issues with having in the roleplay, in the roleplay.

these alterations are for balance, fair play, and to preserve the flow of the roleplay. yes i know it has not started yet, but there's two things i hate in roleplays: starting with my feet in loopholes, and having to continue through them. yes there are some loopholes i will allow (stasis field basics, super strength, gills, etc) but these are minor and even then they balance the abilities instead of giving too many positive capabilities over drawbacks that the character might have.

Okay, then, the field wouldn't be able to stop high projectiles like bullets, I guess it could just defend against more energy based projectiles, or it could be a kind of black body or solid construct like the tendrils, change dispersal to absorption, or whatever, I would even go with stasis. lots of possibilities.

I am not going to troll, matter of fact I find the option humorous. XD

I would prefer to come to a compromise, if that means tuning down or ditching the character, so be it. But I rather like the concept.

I am not going to try to argue with you, oppose you, call you names, kick your dog or whatever else some people would to do... I would rather get along. :3 Remember I said the character was experimental? I made him up on the spot, there is going to be some kinks that I can work through before I can create a fully-fleshed out character. \

Perhaps you could help me out? like you did with Misha?

i wouldn't mind at all. ^^ though the bit about disrupting energy attacks, tendrils absorbing energy, and bullets exempt from the field sound reasonable areas for the ability. anything else need some flesh.

Myeh,

Any other ideas, explanations or advantages I could get out of it. My ideal is something even superheroes would fear, kind of a specialized cape-killer or vampire.
The law of conservation of energy is his worst enemy.

The original Nihl had a power that was more based on voids, gravity, and some other things, he could open rifts for transport, control an inky black void among other things. I would be willing to replace a character with something like that.

oh, i found a balance to the multitude of abilities he has: over-consumption of energy will cause him to lose control of keeping it inside of his form, turning into a time bomb of energy. >.> other than that i'm good. :3

Currently the weakness he has is that he can "starve" if he doesn't feed often enough, his power diminishes quickly.

I guess that could work, though it would take a lot of superheroes to get him to that level though, and there likely wouldn't be many survivors if he actually did explode (Or implode)I do however like the instability of it, makes him more dangerous.

Say, what could happen if energy could actually be destroyed, by like say some violation of physics. I know it is impossible, but hypothetically...

Could you perhaps send a pm? Or I could pm you, whichever is more convenient.

i personally believe that destroyed energy would just be transferred to a separate location in the space-time continuum instead of just dissipating at all. though it'd seem like it has been destroyed, it really is just the start of a cycle. i also don't think we need to work on this anymore.

Very well, I will stick with what I have for nihl.

Though I may replace my other with another superhuman, one whose powers are based on dark energy matter interactions (Or not, I am bored and have a lot of ideas...)

no dark matter manipulation. there's no reasonable way to have such an ability without the person being suicidal.

Hm?

Not dark matter
Dark energy.

They do it in Mass effect.
The Biotics in the game manipulate dark energy fields to effect matter, achieving a telekenisis like effect by manipulating it.

If it is bad science, blame Bioware, not impressionable lil' me.

oh, i should get some sleep then. on the other hand, i'd allow dark energy from biotics. :3 i know how those work in a semi-realistic setting.

Back
Top Bottom