Shingeki no Kyojin [DarkMudkip/Jikkah]

"Right?" Jean asked, "The plans I got had them to the rear of the left flank." "Mine said he was in the front left.." Carmina said

"Wait, there's no way they'd be on the front lines.." Armin said, keeping his eyes on the Titan.

"Probably in the safest part of the formation, in the middle towards the rear." Meara said watching the Titan with a scowl.

"My Angelo is a genius~!" Carmina grinned. Jean scowled softly, "There's no time to think. Smoke rounds can't possibly indicate how much of a threat it poses! At this rate, it'll wipe out command! Then the formation will fall apart and that'll be the end." "What are you trying to say?" Reiner asked. Jean looked to him, "In other words, at this range, we may still be able to draw its attention. We may be able to buy time to withdraw." He answered, looking down slightly, "Maybe...maybe..."

"But it really is intelligent. To it, we are nothing but insignificant insects. It'll just crush us..." Armin said, looking to Jean.

"Seriously...?" Jean looked about ready to crack, "That's scary..." "Jean, are you ok?" Carmina asked worriedly, "You look really stressed out..." "Yeah, are you really Jean?" Reiner asked, "The Jean I know never thinks of anyone but himself." "Don't be an ass...and I'm fine, Carmina..." He looked forward, "I just don't want those charred bones I saw...to be disappointed in me!" He gripped the reigns of his horse tight, "I...I know what I have to do now! And this job we chose. Help me!"

Armin stared at Jean for a moment before pulling his hood over his head. "Put your hood on. As far as you can... So that your face is hidden from it. I don't think it will kill us until it knows who we are!" Meara pulled her hood on, face set.

"Oh...you believe that if it thinks we're Eren, it won't kill us? If nothing else, it'll make me feel better." Reiner said as he pulled on his hood, "Let's just hope it has poor eyesight!" Jean looked to Armin with slight wide eyes, "Armin, I thought it was creepy how you always clung to Eren. But I've always thought you had it in you." He said, yanking his hood up. Carmina pulled up her hood, scrunching her nose, "Nice awkward praise, Jean." She muttered

"Uh, thanks." Armin said. "But 'creepy'? That's really mean..." He said, kicking his horse faster, Meara doing the same.

Carmina rode up to try and catch the Female Titan's attention so the others could knock it down. Maybe if it thought that she was Eren and she moved fast enough to keep the Titan from hitting her, they'd be able to cut the Achilles tendon and get away fast enough. Jean launched his 3D Gear to try and attach to the Female Titan's leg so he'd have the leverage he needed to cut the tendon.

Meara watched as the gear simply bounced off of the back of it's ankle, making her gasp. "Jean!" She called.

Jean moved to grapple onto its thigh instead but it moved, forcin him to try and grapple onto something else. Carmina moved over and moved her hood so her bangs would stick out. At a quick glance, her hair was the same color as Eren's. The Female Titan turned its attention on her and swun its hand hard, knocking Carmina and her horse a few hundred feet forward. Carmina tumbles and coughed, blood falling from a deep cut on the side of her head. The Female Titan lost interest and turned its attention on Armin, swinging and hitting him as well.

Armin let out a small yelp as he was swatted from his horse, hitting the ground and rolling to a stop and laying on the ground in a daze. Meara ground her teeth and jumped to stand on her horse, using her 3D gear to launch herself into the air, maneuvering around the female Titan as fast as she could, making sure it had to choose either Jean or her.

The Female Titan began to reach with its free hand to grab the cords of their gear and Jean's eyes widened. They were gonna die and they couldn't do anything about it. All it had to do was grab the cords and it was game over.

Meara's eyes widened and she squeezed hard on the trigger to release the grappling hook on her 3D gear, just barely getting out of the way of the Titans arm and tumbling to the ground. Armin pushed himself to his hands and knees. "Jean! Avenge the suicidal bastard!!"

The Female Titan froze, giving Jean enough time to swing around and land safely. "What? Has Armin finally lost his mind?" Jean muttered. Carmina struggled to get up, "A-Armin...wh-what are...you doing...?"

"That's the one... That's the one who killed him! He rushed to his death on the right flank! Avenge him!" Armin called to Jean, glaring at the Female Titan.

Reiner used the opportunity to grapple onto the Titan and try and injure it. Jean seemed hopeful; maybe if it was distracted enough by Armin's insane ramblings, they could do some damage to it. Reiner swung around to get a good angle, only to be grabbed by the Female Titan. Jean's eyes widened, "H-Hey...Reiner..."

Meara slowly sat up and Armin watched with wide eyes as the Titan began to squeeze. "R-Reiner...?"

The Female Titan completely crushed Reiner in her grasp and Jean felt all hope was lost, "Hey...Reiner, you..." He stopped, disbelieving. Carmina looked horrified; Reiner was the toughest out of all of them and he was just crushed like a bug. Suddenly, Reiner cut out of the Female Titan's hand and swung around to grab Armin and run. "We've bought enough time, right? Let's get the hell away from it!" Reiner yelled, "If it isn't a man-eater, it won't follow us!" Carmina struggled to get up, Jean moving over and pulling her onto his back, "Th-Thanks...Jean..." She muttered weakly. Jean only nodded as he ran after Reiner. Carmina looked around for Meara, vision unfocused, vaguely able to see the Female Titan just staring at its hand.

Meara was running a ways behind Jean, not wanting to stick around to see if the Titan would really follow them or not. Armin watched the female Titan as Reiner carried him away to safety.

"Look...that big bitch got scared and decided to go home!" Reiner said. Carmina held onto Jean as she watched the Female Titan run off, "That's...the wrong way..." She muttered. "Huh?" Jean asked, glancing back at her. Carmina frowned, "It's going...the wrong way..."

Back
Top Bottom