Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Scars of War: The Long Road Home (Spots Open)

Onica

Star
Girls are still needed but they can be worked in as the RP goes on if none join right away. (By being found and so on)

At the end of World War II, after dividing up the nation, the countries that defeated Japan failed to rule the island. As a result, many independent powers were established, fighting amongst each other and trying to seize control. They developed a hatred of one another, leading the country into a never-ending spiral of a civil war. Our story opens with a gang of soldiers raping Tomoko in front of the other women. The fact is that the women are under the protection of these sexually charged soldiers. The women and the soldiers are trapped in enemy territory, separated from their main force, and they must find a way to rejoin the main force -- if they are to survive the war.

Intertwined with Kaoruko's memories of a happier past are shocking scenes, where the soldiers savagely rape and humiliate the women. At the same time, a mysterious sniper kills them off, one by one. In the process, Fukushima, a timid, young soldier, transforms into a brutal beast, after his girlfriend is raped by his fellow soldier and killed by the sniper. Becoming a monster, just like the other fighters, he goes on a rampage, violating the woman he's supposed to be protecting.​

That's the plot from the anime but I was thinking about changing it around to something like this adding some twist to it:
At the end of World War III, the United States had been divided by the countries that attacked. As a result, many independent powers were established, fighting amongst each other and trying to seize control. They developed a hatred of one another, leading the country into a never-ending spiral of a civil war between the attacking countries. There goal to find and take over a weapon that started the war in the first place. Our story opens with a gang of about three-six American soldiers and a small group of one-four women. The fact is that the women are under the protection of these sexually charged soldiers. The women and the soldiers are trapped in enemy territory, separated from their main force, and they must find a way to rejoin the main force -- if they are to survive the war.
Our story starts with two of the soldiers fighting, the group already formed and trying to make there way to rejoin the main force. The actions of the female Soldier Ghost, having strayed away from her post, causing the death of one of the solder's girl friend and three other solders.​
__________________​

Soldiers
1-
Onica said:
tifachan-1-1.jpg

Name: Ghost
MOS: Sniper
Weapon: Sniper Rifle and two hand guns
History: Ghost is the only female soldier in the group, her personality normally coming across as cold. Even though she is the "Guarden Angel" of the group, her platoon dose not seem to care for her much. Blaming her for the death of one of other soldier's girl friend and three other soldiers who where shot during a cross fire. She keeps her past to herself, but there seems to be more about here then meets the eye.
2-
DareToDream said:
Name: Brody Parker
MOS: Army Infantry
Weapon: M16 combat rifle, M203 grenade launcher (attached to the M16), M9 pistol and combat knife
History: Born and raised in the mountains of North Carolina, Brody didnâ??t have many options when he graduated high school so he enlisted in the Army. Physically fit from spending his days hunting and hiking in the mountains, he moves through the enlisted ranks, becoming a corporal before the war struck. Now, trapped behind enemy lines with a group of fellow soldiers and the women they are protecting, he must use all of his hunting and tracking skills to help them survive.
3-
Battleship44 said:
My_serious_face_.jpg

Name: Angel
MOS: Stealth & Reconnisance
Weapons: 2 BK11 Becker Necker Knives, 2 UZI SMG.
History: Axel Christopher Foxton was first born to a wealthy family In California. From his early youth, his parents would send him off to countries all around the world, In the process learning stealth from the Chinese, Reconnaissance from the British, and tracking from the Egyptians. He was scout by the army and recruited, much to his father's joy. He's given the nickname "Angel", because despite his dead accuracy and skill, He never kills his enemies. Always just impairing them to the point where they cannot react. Its also the reason he never ranks up form a Lt.
4-
ArcturusV said:
Name: Daniel Markstrom
MOS: Tank Gunner
Weapon: Standard Issue M9 double action pistol
History: Was part of the third armored division, leading a spearhead assault into enemy territory. They ran afoul of difficult terrain however, and got pinned down by the defenses until they were hammered to scrap by artillery. Daniel managed to escape before one of the lethal shells scrapped his tank, along with several other members of his division. Over the trek to get back to friendly territory the rest of the survivors got picked off. Daniel was the only one to run into the current squadron, joining up with hopes of getting back home sometime soon, and realizing he couldn't make it alone. He's been out there a long time, and seen too many people just disappear to enemy bullets, wandering off to never be seen again, or other means. He has definately seemed a bit, unhinged, though he is capable of holding it together when the group needs to do something, for now. But when it's quiet his odd behaviors start coming out. He doesn't talk much about himself, his squad he is attached to knows he was part of a tank crew, and that he is a survivor of an offensive gone wrong, probably like many of them. What they don't know is that he's been out there for a lot longer than the most recent assaults. And survival and evasion from the enemy has taken its toll on him over this time. Parnoid delusions, insomnia, seemingly irrational phobias have all started developing within him. Overall, he's just not right in the head.
5-
Spake759 said:
Sn.jpg

Name: Ethan Allen Spaight
MOS: Infantry Sergeant
Weapon: a M4 5.56mm carbine, M1911A1 .45ACP automatic pistols, a k-bar combat knife, a pair of kurki combat knives, a pair of matching tomahawks
History: MSG Spaight is a career infantryman, who has risen to the rank of Master Sergeant but has always found a way to keep himself in combat positions. He is a dedciated soldier who has devoted his life to defending the ideals that the American Republic were founded upon, instead of doing other things. He has discovered that he is missing something, and discovered exactly what that is. And has decided to take it now.
6-open
7-open

Girls
1-
Skelace said:
Name: Nataca Resnik
History: Was born in New York, New York and was put up for adoption. She was never given to a family and eventually placed one of the civil service women as a motherly figure in her heart. The woman died the same year she was able to get Nataca into college, leaving Nataca having one thing in her life... her studies. She graduated top of her class as a psycaitrist, hoping to help veteran soldiers who had developed PTSD. During the war she enrolled and helped out soldiers in the field but left after seeing her first fire fight. Now wondering around America for a place to just be safe.

2-
kikora said:
normal_2007-08-09-66902-1.jpg

Name: Teyha Lockra
History: Teyha left to join the military young to escape the abuses of her family life. Almost immediately she was sent overseas to fight in an endless war, and the horrors of war became obvious to her almost immediately upon entering the country. She refused to follow military protocol she named cruel and unnecessary brutality, and had her rank stripped for her insubordination.

She was bounced from squad to squad, a disgraced criminal in the eyes of the military as they waited for the opportunity to ship her back to the states for her court-martial. That time never came though, as one of the squads she was sent to spearheaded an assault into enemy territory. The operation turned sour almost immediately, and Teyha watched in horror as soldiers were gunned around her. She tried to stay behind to help the wounded, but the advance of enemy soldiers drove her and any other survivors back, murders any that lingered in the slaughterground.

Eventually, Teyha made it back to the surviving troop, alive, but shaken.
3-
kikora said:
324002.jpg

Name: Nadira Kawasuki
History: Nadira is the daughter of a large Japanese family in Tokyo. Her family was wise enough to realize that there was no resisting the American soldiers, and Nadira studied English to earn herself a job as a translator between the troops and civilians. It paid well enough for the risk, helping to support her elderly parents and young siblings.

Nadira working on helping translate when the troop was advanced forward. despite her pleas to not be involved in a direct battle, she was held by the American troops in fear that she would leak vital information to the enemy troops if released.

Quickly the Americans began to lose, and those holding Nadira were gunned down. She tried to run to safety, but was pinned under fire. Desperate for escape she fled forward, behind the American soldiers. Eventually the battle ended, and Nadira was alive, but she was a captive of the American solders she was hired by, a plaything for their use.

4-
Raiden said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/ ... Masako.jpg

Name: Masako Rallis
MOS: Infantry (discharged)
Weapon: M4A1 Carbine, M9 Beretta, 3 Frag Grenades, 2 Smoke, 2 Chaff Grenades, Combat knife, Sawed-off .12 gauge shotgun.
History: AFter High school, Masako joined the US Army and served in the Afghan war but had been severely wounded during a roadside ambush when she rescued a team member from a PMN mine. She'd also use herself as a shield to protect her comrade and got wounded several more times by gunfire. Afterward, she was medically discharged with a final official rank of Corporal with a medal of valor, a purple heart and a another. Ever since, she's lived alone; facing nothing but disrepect and even shunning in her hometown (that hadn't supported the entire thing to start with).
5-
~Other Characters: Unsure of there Placement~​

Broomhandle45 said:
Name: Alexi Titov
Weapons: AK-74 Assault Rifle, Yarygin PYa handgun.

History:
Conscripted into the Russian Federation forces at his youth, Alexi found himself in the brutal and violent training of the Russian Spetznaz. The training left him embittered and hateful of the Federation, despite him thriving in the environment.

Once the Spetsnaz were dispatched to the east coast, he found himself at a dilemma that left him with his superior officer dead and him fleeing into the ruined East Coast.

Skelace said:
Here ya go, hope it looks good.

Name: Deston Chechak
MOS: Interpreter/Translator
Weapon: Nikonov AN-94
History: Part of the Spetznaz, he was one of the many that left the army in the midst of battle. Now finding that America virtually destroyed he roams the city looking for an army other than the Russian to join. He has been able to hide between many armies looking for a group he would be willing to join by disguising his accent through his gas mask that he constantly wears.

So you'll ruin the fun for everyone else just to satisfy your own ego and need to be "right?" Dude it's a friggin RP, it's meant to be fun, not totally realistic. And in the setting, I'd think that survival would take precedence over "decorum" or "military code of behavior".

Raiden said:
So you'll ruin the fun for everyone else just to satisfy your own ego and need to be "right?" Dude it's a friggin RP, it's meant to be fun, not totally realistic. And in the setting, I'd think that survival would take precedence over "decorum" or "military code of behavior".

Let's see... put yourself in his shoes. you have done your mission, it was going right until one person screwed up and sent it to hell. Then you have that person not do their job again, and cause the personnel under you a great deal of distress. Then try to munity, and have a subordinate hold a gun to your head.

How would you react?

It's not about ego. it's about playing my character.

Shade said:
it seems appropriate, judging from the plot that's been set up.
but, I still insist that a player's knowledge should not be pressed upon the character unless the character has a viable means of knowing what is taking place based on his own previous actions

The above is an actual quote FROM my Teacher!

Asuarah Garretson said:
Shade said:
but, I still insist that a player's knowledge should not be pressed upon the character unless the character has a viable means of knowing what is taking place based on his own previous actions

Your teacher has no clue what is going on! XD LMAO XD

kikora said:
Asuarah Garretson said:
Shade said:

Your teacher has no clue what is going on! XD LMAO XD

actually she is reading both threads

ARgh. SHUT UP EVERYONE. There's gotta be a civil way to settle this ok?

Look let's all just agree to disagree and move on instead of arguing like little teenagers.

@ Spake: Yeah I'd probably be irate but making stupid death threats? no. That is not what a soldier does; why? Because it makes everyone even MORE anxious and distrustful of your char and their own motivations. Deal with it IC instead of bitching oocly. And try to have some humility about it.

I agree with playing your char and all, that's fine but please try not to ruin the RP for other people ok?

@ Kikora: Well it's possible the teacher is reading the thread and has a clue of what's going on. Let's just avoid insulting each other's friends and acquaintances please?

@ Asu: Don't always count on your teacher to make judgment calls in an Rp that s/he isn't partaking in. analyze the facts, get both sides of everything then make your own call ^_^

I'm with Raiden. Let's just drop it and move on. Ultimately, this is Onica's RP to control since she set the idea and the threads up. All the bickering, whether the arguments are right or wrong, is just making it less fun for everyone involved. Let's drop it, let Onica get caught up tonight, and decide how we go from here.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm">http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm</a><!-- m -->
For reference, this is the Mary-sue litmus test, I always use it with my characters to make sure I don't make Mary-sues.

Spake...I took the test for your character.... He didn't do too well.

Raiden said:
@ Spake: Yeah I'd probably be irate but making stupid death threats? no. That is not what a soldier does; why? Because it makes everyone even MORE anxious and distrustful of your char and their own motivations. Deal with it IC instead of bitching oocly. And try to have some humility about it.

I agree with playing your char and all, that's fine but please try not to ruin the RP for other people ok?

Stupid death trheats? to inform them of just WHAT they've done can lead too?

I even posted the Articles form the UCMJ showing WHY he's upset. Not to mention the fact I am actually getting upset because of this. And i dont' get upset over this kind of shit. it's a game for my relaxation. I have an appointment with the VA today. I don't need this shit. Really I don't need it. I lived this shit. I have killed over a thousand people. I ahve the fucking nightmares because of it.

Having a thrid person who's not playing the game, just reading the thread give a completely uninvolved and coldly logical opinion on what's happening... Is a good thing. Because they aren't involved. they have nothing to loose with what they are doing by commenting..

hey Kikora.. kinda interesting that you took a test for HIS character when only HE can truely know how to play his character is rather pathetic.. DROP it now and lets move on.. Whose post is it?

kikora said:
http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm
For reference, this is the Mary-sue litmus test, I always use it with my characters to make sure I don't make Mary-sues.

Spake...I took the test for your character.... He didn't do too well.

let's see... I'm a combat veteran. i don't have anything to prove. but if you want to get into a pissing contest I can. Spaight isn't a 'garrystew'... he's a long way away from me. or anything like me. i lived the life i have. and ended up with loosing enough blood and having bones replaced to need to prove myself to children like you.

Spate - at the risk of putting words in Raiden's mouth, I think he's basically saying he understands why you'd be pissed, and that Parker's actions warrant court martial or even possible execution, but he has a hard time (as do I) in believing a good military leader would execute himself as well as the entire party over the actions of one person.

Again, let's stop. This is ONICA's RP. We're just participating in it. If she wants to change the rules of the RP, she's allowed to do that. If she does, and players aren't happy, they can leave. If that happens, the respectable thing to do is to do it in a way that only affects your character so the others can play on.

DareToDream said:
Spate - at the risk of putting words in Raiden's mouth, I think he's basically saying he understands why you'd be pissed, and that Parker's actions warrant court martial or even possible execution, but he has a hard time (as do I) in believing a good military leader would execute himself as well as the entire party over the actions of one person.

Again, let's stop. This is ONICA's RP. We're just participating in it. If she wants to change the rules of the RP, she's allowed to do that. If she does, and players aren't happy, they can leave. If that happens, the respectable thing to do is to do it in a way that only affects your character so the others can play on.

If said NCOiC is surrounded by a munitious unit, he would pull the pins on his grenades. Because he will not allow them to get away with the munity or with FRAGGING him. That's what I was talking about. in all honesty it's the others in the unit's job to help the NCOiC to put the munity down. By not doing so, they are taking part in the Munity and can be tried for it.

Then you know what you do?

You get done what you're doing first then have them tried in a military tribunal court. You don't just rashly judge them all guilty adn frag everyone.

what if you killed civilians in the blast that weren't a part of it? Now you've just sullied your own name by negligent homocide, Nice.

Let the courts do what they do instead of vigilante justice.

Raiden said:
Then you know what you do?

You get done what you're doing first then have them tried in a military tribunal court. You don't just rashly judge them all guilty adn frag everyone.

what if you killed civilians in the blast that weren't a part of it? Now you've just sullied your own name by negligent homocide, Nice.

Let the courts do what they do instead of vigilante justice.

When someone is holding a gun to your head... You don't have a choice. Stopping the munity, and your murders at that comes first. yes, if there is an investigation they would realize that Spaight had pulled the pins on his handgrenades. And than discover he had people holding guns on him. And realize he did it for that reason. JUSTIFIED HOmicde. Not negligent.

First: Lets talk about the articles you missed Spake: Sexual Harassment (Him touching Ghost sexual with out her Permission), fraternization (Ghost a E4 and him a E8....him wanting a relationship with a lower ranking soldier), unauthorized absence (Sorry Angel this one is for you no hard feelings).

Second: A leader may be taken from his command if he violates the UCMJ (Sexual Harassment and fraternization are high on this list because It lowers moral. Talked to my CWO4 today about this topic sad hum?) Also if the leader of the group becomes emotionally compromised (Him becoming emotionally involved with a solder under his command counts as this...again from the words of a CWO4). In doing so the troops under his command do what they have to in order to re-leave him of his command. This is not classified as MUTINY seeing that he was emotionally compromised and violated two acts of the UCMJ.

Third: When a solder become "Crazy" (lack of big fancy word) he is to be sedated, knocked out, put to sleep....not shot. If the commanding officer gives the order for that person to be shot and it is carried out the person to deliver the shot and the commanding officer would be charged with MURDER. (Again from the mouth of a CWO4).

Forth: lioness program (a program that allows females to act as infantry in order to search insurgent female's) This is for you

More so now I'm going to point out my character's mistakes which I wanted to happen not because of my lack of knowlage:

General Order 5

To quit my post only when properly relieved.

General Order 6

To receive, obey and pass on to the sentry who relieves me all orders from the commanding officer, officer of the day, and officers and noncommissioned officers of the guard only.

General Order 11

To be especially watchful at night, and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.

(Yes I did type this from memory)

...I would go on and on and on and on about things from the UCMJ but I'm not going to bitch anymore. But I will say:

ITS A GAME GET THE FUCK OVER IT!!!!!!!!

I don't want a fight here. I'm having to prepare for an appointment with the VA over my disablity and vocational rehab work. But i have been repeatedly insulted on this OCC thread and in PMs. which is PISSING me off. and making it to were i can't get my mind focused on all the shit i have to get done. i would much rather have to deal with the damn bullets that nearly put me in a wheelchair for the rest of my life than this kind of childish pissing match.

I signed up for this RP because Onica asked me to play the character I'm playing. With the fact she wanted him to drag her off and fuck the hell out of her. then she changes her mind (and i have no problem with that as long as I am TOLD that before hand), and I'm trying to play the character as a man having to deal with his 2iC not doing her job. not delegating the duties he told her to do. When he came down and found out she hadn't done that job he went to the next person in the chain of command. That was Parker. he was the one still awake doing a watch. thus he felt was the most responsible person down there.

Thus he delgated to him. that's not a bullshit order, nor is it the wrong thing to do. It's WHAT IS DONE EVERY FUCKING DAY IN COMBAT.

When Ghost who is the one who's fucked things up every which way to Sunday. Then tries to commit a munity. And then another soldier holds a gun on him. and none of the other solders tries to stop it. the snap decision is to pull the pins before they execute/frag you.

there are ways of removing a NCOiC or OiC in combat. And this was not the way to do it. and in all honesty. the only one with the power to do it is Angel's character. he's a commissioned officer. despite the fact he's not in charge due to his inability to kill, he would still have the power to override the Master Sergeant's orders if he finds them out of bounds and out of line.

Spake759 said:
there are ways of removing a NCOiC or OiC in combat. And this was not the way to do it. and in all honesty. the only one with the power to do it is Angel's character. he's a commissioned officer. despite the fact he's not in charge due to his inability to kill, he would still have the power to override the Master Sergeant's orders if he finds them out of bounds and out of line.

so what you are saying is that if there way no one above his rank no one would be able to take command from him.....

No, it can happen....read my fucking post. And if you still don't like it well sorry I think my CWO4 knows what he is talking about.

The mary-sue and Gary-sue litmus test is a useful tool for creating balanced characters, Asua. It's not the first time I've taken it for someone else, since it's simply putting in answers for behaviors and attitudes I've seen so far. If Spake disagrees he can always take it himself. Actually, I would suggest everyone take the test. But, you have to play it fairly. ((I have been a roleplaying tutor before. ^^ Admin on other sites, checked work, critiqued characters, ect.))

Teyha's score: 18
Nadira's score: 17
I just wish I had a chance to actually roleplay them, it'd be a shame to have the RP die when they are still in that awkward working up stage... Especially Nadira since she is new.

And Spake. If you're not having fun then you can pull out, but don't ruin it for everyone. I'm being serious, you have choices to make here, don't make one that will kill this for everyone. And stop taking this so seriously! It's a game for goodness sake.

Back
Top Bottom