Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Scars of War: The Long Road Home (Spots Open)

Onica

Star
Girls are still needed but they can be worked in as the RP goes on if none join right away. (By being found and so on)

At the end of World War II, after dividing up the nation, the countries that defeated Japan failed to rule the island. As a result, many independent powers were established, fighting amongst each other and trying to seize control. They developed a hatred of one another, leading the country into a never-ending spiral of a civil war. Our story opens with a gang of soldiers raping Tomoko in front of the other women. The fact is that the women are under the protection of these sexually charged soldiers. The women and the soldiers are trapped in enemy territory, separated from their main force, and they must find a way to rejoin the main force -- if they are to survive the war.

Intertwined with Kaoruko's memories of a happier past are shocking scenes, where the soldiers savagely rape and humiliate the women. At the same time, a mysterious sniper kills them off, one by one. In the process, Fukushima, a timid, young soldier, transforms into a brutal beast, after his girlfriend is raped by his fellow soldier and killed by the sniper. Becoming a monster, just like the other fighters, he goes on a rampage, violating the woman he's supposed to be protecting.​

That's the plot from the anime but I was thinking about changing it around to something like this adding some twist to it:
At the end of World War III, the United States had been divided by the countries that attacked. As a result, many independent powers were established, fighting amongst each other and trying to seize control. They developed a hatred of one another, leading the country into a never-ending spiral of a civil war between the attacking countries. There goal to find and take over a weapon that started the war in the first place. Our story opens with a gang of about three-six American soldiers and a small group of one-four women. The fact is that the women are under the protection of these sexually charged soldiers. The women and the soldiers are trapped in enemy territory, separated from their main force, and they must find a way to rejoin the main force -- if they are to survive the war.
Our story starts with two of the soldiers fighting, the group already formed and trying to make there way to rejoin the main force. The actions of the female Soldier Ghost, having strayed away from her post, causing the death of one of the solder's girl friend and three other solders.​
__________________​

Soldiers
1-
Onica said:
tifachan-1-1.jpg

Name: Ghost
MOS: Sniper
Weapon: Sniper Rifle and two hand guns
History: Ghost is the only female soldier in the group, her personality normally coming across as cold. Even though she is the "Guarden Angel" of the group, her platoon dose not seem to care for her much. Blaming her for the death of one of other soldier's girl friend and three other soldiers who where shot during a cross fire. She keeps her past to herself, but there seems to be more about here then meets the eye.
2-
DareToDream said:
Name: Brody Parker
MOS: Army Infantry
Weapon: M16 combat rifle, M203 grenade launcher (attached to the M16), M9 pistol and combat knife
History: Born and raised in the mountains of North Carolina, Brody didnâ??t have many options when he graduated high school so he enlisted in the Army. Physically fit from spending his days hunting and hiking in the mountains, he moves through the enlisted ranks, becoming a corporal before the war struck. Now, trapped behind enemy lines with a group of fellow soldiers and the women they are protecting, he must use all of his hunting and tracking skills to help them survive.
3-
Battleship44 said:
My_serious_face_.jpg

Name: Angel
MOS: Stealth & Reconnisance
Weapons: 2 BK11 Becker Necker Knives, 2 UZI SMG.
History: Axel Christopher Foxton was first born to a wealthy family In California. From his early youth, his parents would send him off to countries all around the world, In the process learning stealth from the Chinese, Reconnaissance from the British, and tracking from the Egyptians. He was scout by the army and recruited, much to his father's joy. He's given the nickname "Angel", because despite his dead accuracy and skill, He never kills his enemies. Always just impairing them to the point where they cannot react. Its also the reason he never ranks up form a Lt.
4-
ArcturusV said:
Name: Daniel Markstrom
MOS: Tank Gunner
Weapon: Standard Issue M9 double action pistol
History: Was part of the third armored division, leading a spearhead assault into enemy territory. They ran afoul of difficult terrain however, and got pinned down by the defenses until they were hammered to scrap by artillery. Daniel managed to escape before one of the lethal shells scrapped his tank, along with several other members of his division. Over the trek to get back to friendly territory the rest of the survivors got picked off. Daniel was the only one to run into the current squadron, joining up with hopes of getting back home sometime soon, and realizing he couldn't make it alone. He's been out there a long time, and seen too many people just disappear to enemy bullets, wandering off to never be seen again, or other means. He has definately seemed a bit, unhinged, though he is capable of holding it together when the group needs to do something, for now. But when it's quiet his odd behaviors start coming out. He doesn't talk much about himself, his squad he is attached to knows he was part of a tank crew, and that he is a survivor of an offensive gone wrong, probably like many of them. What they don't know is that he's been out there for a lot longer than the most recent assaults. And survival and evasion from the enemy has taken its toll on him over this time. Parnoid delusions, insomnia, seemingly irrational phobias have all started developing within him. Overall, he's just not right in the head.
5-
Spake759 said:
Sn.jpg

Name: Ethan Allen Spaight
MOS: Infantry Sergeant
Weapon: a M4 5.56mm carbine, M1911A1 .45ACP automatic pistols, a k-bar combat knife, a pair of kurki combat knives, a pair of matching tomahawks
History: MSG Spaight is a career infantryman, who has risen to the rank of Master Sergeant but has always found a way to keep himself in combat positions. He is a dedciated soldier who has devoted his life to defending the ideals that the American Republic were founded upon, instead of doing other things. He has discovered that he is missing something, and discovered exactly what that is. And has decided to take it now.
6-open
7-open

Girls
1-
Skelace said:
Name: Nataca Resnik
History: Was born in New York, New York and was put up for adoption. She was never given to a family and eventually placed one of the civil service women as a motherly figure in her heart. The woman died the same year she was able to get Nataca into college, leaving Nataca having one thing in her life... her studies. She graduated top of her class as a psycaitrist, hoping to help veteran soldiers who had developed PTSD. During the war she enrolled and helped out soldiers in the field but left after seeing her first fire fight. Now wondering around America for a place to just be safe.

2-
kikora said:
normal_2007-08-09-66902-1.jpg

Name: Teyha Lockra
History: Teyha left to join the military young to escape the abuses of her family life. Almost immediately she was sent overseas to fight in an endless war, and the horrors of war became obvious to her almost immediately upon entering the country. She refused to follow military protocol she named cruel and unnecessary brutality, and had her rank stripped for her insubordination.

She was bounced from squad to squad, a disgraced criminal in the eyes of the military as they waited for the opportunity to ship her back to the states for her court-martial. That time never came though, as one of the squads she was sent to spearheaded an assault into enemy territory. The operation turned sour almost immediately, and Teyha watched in horror as soldiers were gunned around her. She tried to stay behind to help the wounded, but the advance of enemy soldiers drove her and any other survivors back, murders any that lingered in the slaughterground.

Eventually, Teyha made it back to the surviving troop, alive, but shaken.
3-
kikora said:
324002.jpg

Name: Nadira Kawasuki
History: Nadira is the daughter of a large Japanese family in Tokyo. Her family was wise enough to realize that there was no resisting the American soldiers, and Nadira studied English to earn herself a job as a translator between the troops and civilians. It paid well enough for the risk, helping to support her elderly parents and young siblings.

Nadira working on helping translate when the troop was advanced forward. despite her pleas to not be involved in a direct battle, she was held by the American troops in fear that she would leak vital information to the enemy troops if released.

Quickly the Americans began to lose, and those holding Nadira were gunned down. She tried to run to safety, but was pinned under fire. Desperate for escape she fled forward, behind the American soldiers. Eventually the battle ended, and Nadira was alive, but she was a captive of the American solders she was hired by, a plaything for their use.

4-
Raiden said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/ ... Masako.jpg

Name: Masako Rallis
MOS: Infantry (discharged)
Weapon: M4A1 Carbine, M9 Beretta, 3 Frag Grenades, 2 Smoke, 2 Chaff Grenades, Combat knife, Sawed-off .12 gauge shotgun.
History: AFter High school, Masako joined the US Army and served in the Afghan war but had been severely wounded during a roadside ambush when she rescued a team member from a PMN mine. She'd also use herself as a shield to protect her comrade and got wounded several more times by gunfire. Afterward, she was medically discharged with a final official rank of Corporal with a medal of valor, a purple heart and a another. Ever since, she's lived alone; facing nothing but disrepect and even shunning in her hometown (that hadn't supported the entire thing to start with).
5-
~Other Characters: Unsure of there Placement~​

Broomhandle45 said:
Name: Alexi Titov
Weapons: AK-74 Assault Rifle, Yarygin PYa handgun.

History:
Conscripted into the Russian Federation forces at his youth, Alexi found himself in the brutal and violent training of the Russian Spetznaz. The training left him embittered and hateful of the Federation, despite him thriving in the environment.

Once the Spetsnaz were dispatched to the east coast, he found himself at a dilemma that left him with his superior officer dead and him fleeing into the ruined East Coast.

Skelace said:
Here ya go, hope it looks good.

Name: Deston Chechak
MOS: Interpreter/Translator
Weapon: Nikonov AN-94
History: Part of the Spetznaz, he was one of the many that left the army in the midst of battle. Now finding that America virtually destroyed he roams the city looking for an army other than the Russian to join. He has been able to hide between many armies looking for a group he would be willing to join by disguising his accent through his gas mask that he constantly wears.

Holding a gun to a superiors head.. in the miltary is a death sentice. pure and simple. he's going to pull the piins on his greandes. HE wasn't the one who fucked up. and I WAS in the miltiary. I was a combat corpsman who saw combat on two continents. and by holdingthat gun. he will pull the pins.

watches in the military happen as they happen. i've stood 12 hour watches and even 24 hour ones..

DareToDream said:
I'm just playing a role Spake. It's nothing personal. Parker is an angry man right now because of the loss of his girl and he see's Spaight's actions as being less then leader worthy. Can you blame him? Spaight, as commander, fell asleep for 6 hours (I think it was six at least) without setting any watches other than Ghost (which would be unheard of in the military - 1 to 2 hour shifts is the norm as far as I've ever read), he delegated to Parker tasks that, at least in Parker's eyes were not appropriate, and he went out of the building leaving one man in agony on the floor and not ensuring that defenses were properly in place, etc. Parker is seeing Ghost being willing to take on a leadership role so he's willing to support her despite her fuck ups - to him, the orders she barked out made more sense than anything he'd heard from Spaight so far. Keeping in mind that he's angry, hostile, etc. As for whispering something in Ghost's ear, I saw that drama when I woke up the next day and went back over your post and honestly, I didn't see where you said that. I did see it in later posts, but not the original one in question. And I read it three times. I can't answer to anything Onica might have asked your character to do so not going there. I can tell you that she did NOT ask me to put anything specific in my post. She simply asked me to get it back on track, have Arc follow, and then Kikora so we were back in order. The words I used were entirely my own, as seen through the eyes of my character. Nothing more.

Leaving the RP vs not leaving is entirely up to you but I'm not trying to run you off. I'm just playing a pissed off soldier trying to survive and thinking that he has better chances under another leader, even one as fucked up as Ghost. Mutiny isn't unheard of in the military - after all, just look at Vietnam and the concept of fragging. Would he actually pull the trigger on Spaight? I don't know - he hasn't told me yet.

Battleship44 said:
Oh!Friggin!Snap!
-random applause for Kiko-

*Ahem*, Anyways bro. I think Dtd was commenting about the moment where ghost went down and yelled at everyone about it, It sort of became known then, In my humble opinion.Everyone agrees with you that OOC does not relate to IC at all, thats just not It.

Secondly, You did Ignore the post order and skip Kiko's turn sevral times. And messed up a whole bunch of posts. Onica set up an order and It was working great, you went ahead and posted out of your turn. Everyone has to get a chance to post. Otherwise people would feel alienated and this wouldnt be fun for anyone.

If you just keep those things In mind you shouldnt have to leave, but to each his own, no one Is keeping you If you'd like to leave.

when i had skipped her, it was to respond directly to someone speaking to Spaight. And i've apolgised for that.

ok Oni WTF happened girl.. I'm not evne on there.. and I've been quite busy with other things.. if you dont want me to join then you shouldnt have asked me to and udnerstood that I AM busy doing other things.. really girl.. I dont mean to get pissy but that is rather stupid.. so's the direction this RP is going.

Holding a gun to a superiors head.. in the miltary is a death sentice. pure and simple. he's going to pull the piins on his greandes. HE wasn't the one who fucked up. and I WAS in the miltiary. I was a combat corpsman who saw combat on two continents. and by holdingthat gun. he will pull the pins.

watches in the military happen as they happen. i've stood 12 hour watches and even 24 hour ones..

So, you're saying because Parker pulled a gun on him, Spaight HAS to commit suicide by some military code of honor thing? This fascinates me - is it because, by being removed from a position of power, they become like a cop who goes to jail - prey for everyone else? I guess he has to do what he has to do. Parker clearly doesn't care or he wouldn't have pulled the gun in the first place. He's already said he's willing to die now that his girl is dead. As for the watches, I was just going on what I've read in military non-fiction books. Clearly you have more experience than me in that area.

Lastly, I just want to reiterate again, my post was nothing personal about you as an individual. I'm just trying to play the part of an angry, depressed, saddened pissed off soldier who's trying to survive and doesn't see his current leader as the one to make that happen. My choice to play Parker that way, no one else's, and definitely nothing personal to you as an individual outside of the RP.

Asuarah, You can still get In on the rp, but perhaps maybe In a diffrent direction? I dont know what you and Oni agreed on but Im sure she kept you In mind :)

In an open RP you wait your turn, whether someone is speaking to your character or not, and you read other peoples posts. Anything that did not directly relate to Ghost you ignored completely. You pushed the RP forward with time skip after time skip, regardless of what anyone else was doing just to push forward your own plot with Ghost. You changed your characters personality three or four times -just- to get in bed with Ghost.... You threw hissy fits over small misunderstandings... And you skipped me three times.

Seriously, if it didn't involve you screwing Ghost, you didn't give a damn and it screwed everyone over.

You don't have to leave, but for goodness sake think of what other people are doing.

DareToDream said:
So, you're saying because Parker pulled a gun on him, Spaight HAS to commit suicide by some military code of honor thing? This fascinates me - is it because, by being removed from a position of power, they become like a cop who goes to jail - prey for everyone else? I guess he has to do what he has to do. Parker clearly doesn't care or he wouldn't have pulled the gun in the first place. He's already said he's willing to die now that his girl is dead. As for the watches, I was just going on what I've read in military non-fiction books. Clearly you have more experience than me in that area.

Lastly, I just want to reiterate again, my post was nothing personal about you as an individual. I'm just trying to play the part of an angry, depressed, saddened pissed off soldier who's trying to survive and doesn't see his current leader as the one to make that happen. My choice to play Parker that way, no one else's, and definitely nothing personal to you as an individual outside of the RP.

A chain of command is a chain of command. by pulling a mutiny. you just really fucked up. holding a gun on your commanding officer in combat, is a DEATH SENTICE for the offender. Pure and simple. I am playing my character as a soldier, someone who has done his job the RIGHT way. he did delegate to GHOST to go and tell people to set up watches. to tell them NOT to rape the women. that he was PISSED that anyone thought that was what had been stated.

Mutiny is not taken lightly. Anyone who's been in the military should tell you that. And pulling the gun on a superior in combat is even worse.

Eight handgrenades going off at once... It won't just be you and Spaight dead. It will be EVERYONE in that building dead.

When a character is talkign directly to another character and not interacting with other characters he's working with them. you could have posted what your characters were doing during the 'timeskips' all i did was advance what was happening between Ghost and Spaight. Nothing more. I told you why i skipped you and apoligised.

Asuarah Garretson said:
ok Oni WTF happened girl.. I'm not evne on there.. and I've been quite busy with other things.. if you dont want me to join then you shouldnt have asked me to and udnerstood that I AM busy doing other things.. really girl.. I dont mean to get pissy but that is rather stupid.. so's the direction this RP is going.

IM me later and I'll feel you end.....from what it looks like we might need a medic very fast.

:Gives a light Cough:

ITS A FUCKING GAME GET YOUR HEAD OUT YOU ASS AND STOP THE DRAMA. OOC IS OOC AND IC IS IC. WE ARE JUST PEOPLE PLAYING A PART IN A STORY, ITS NOT LIKE I GO AROUND SNIPPING PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE. Okay so I do shot people in real life but that's not the point. Its a game, its not like we are playing real people and have to follow a rule saying that anything is a death what ever or what not. Hell I have not even posted yet, how do you know that I don't have something up my sleeve to stop this mess between the two characters. Stop acting like a child and wait until your post to see and wait to see what other people have in mind damn it. Now if you don't mind I have to land a damn helicopter and get home.

You made two half posts with a timeskip in between and would send ghost down to check on others, screwing with possible stories down below, you did this at least twice and screwed interactions between Teyha and Parker. All to advance your plot.

An officer is taken out of command, and he kills everyone? What the hell kind of military unit were you in? 'It's me in charge or everyone dies! Wahhhh!' :S Go ahead, pulls the pins to the grenades YOU DON'T HAVE. Look on your profile, you're not wearing a grenade vest.

Stop acting like a baby and just RP.

kikora said:
You made two half posts with a timeskip in between and would send ghost down to check on others, screwing with possible stories down below, you did this at least twice and screwed interactions between Teyha and Parker. All to advance your plot.

An officer is taken out of command, and he kills everyone? What the hell kind of military unit were you in? 'It's me in charge or everyone dies! Wahhhh!' :S Go ahead, pulls the pins to the grenades YOU DON'T HAVE. Look on your profile, you're not wearing a grenade vest.

Stop acting like a baby and just RP.

Uh... you are being the baby. I am telling you as a COMBAT VETERAN that attempted Fragging is NOT a good thing. A MUNITY is not a good thiing. I was in the UNITED STATES NAVY assigned to a UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS unit during Operations Desert Storm and Restore Hope.

I did NOTHING that would stop your plots. You could easily continue you own Plot through your own posts when interacting with someone else. does the world stop because two people are in a room and you are in another? No it does not. You can easily continue your plotline as you see fit.

But pulling a gun on a superior officer in a damn combat zone is NOT A GOOD IDEA. I'm using my own knowledge on this. Do you really want to see my DD214, or the pictures of the scars form all the damn bullets, srapnel or knife wounds i've gotten saving lives of people like you?

grenades are part of everyone's kit. a squad leader or platoon leader carries at least eight handgrenades, two smoke grenades and a white propherous grenade.

Did you know that? I can tell you what every trooper carries with them when they are out in the field.

Dudes, Dudes. Honestly, just calm down abit. This is an RP xD The point of all of this Is : Spake Is mad at dtd's IC post and taking In out on the OOC forum.

Kiko Is upset her turn got skipped for good reason.
Spake apologized.

Get back to the rp, dont skip people.

Problem.Solved.

Talking with Asuarah Garretson on Skype and she aggreed that maybe it would be a good thing to post a little something i and a friend wrote up for someone who wanted to play in a military game (Twilight 2000) and had never been in the miltiary and wanted to know how a unit is equipped.

Rifleman:

M16A2 service rifle
7 magazines 1 in weapon and 3 in 2 magazine pouches, sometimes double that if you can get them.
pistol belt, H harness making the combat harness/duece gear/war belt
2 1 quart canteen with canteen covers and 1 canteen cup
1 First Aid Kit and carrier
Fanny pack
Folding E-tool and carrier
Kevlar Vest
Kevlar Helmet
M7 or M9 Bayonet M7 is older and just a blade, M9 is a blade with wirecutter, screw driver
Compass/1st Aid dressing pouch <issued to the army>
Flashlight, the Angle light is issued but is thrown away and a mini maglight is used instead

Pack and Frame
Isomat <foam sleeping pad>
Sleeping bag
Poncho
Poncho Liner
Wool Watch Cap
Wool glove liners
Black leather Gloves
Waterproof bag <used to line the inside of the pack, or to go around the sleeping bag when it is strapped to the top of the pack>
Polypropolyne underwear
Goretex Top and Bottom <issued on a climate or season basis>
Shelter Half <canvas sheet, 4 metal tent pins, 3 section tent pole and 1 line>
1 spare uniform <not always carried if you don't have to>
1 spare set boots <only carried when required>
4 spare pair socks
2 spare pair underwear <seldom carried, instead PT/ work out shorts would be worn>
Wool Sweater <carried according to personal comfort levels>
1set spare boot laces
1 set shaving and washing gear
Soft Cover
Wool scarf <carried according to personal comfort level or in winter conditions>
Field Jacket <not always carried>
Field Jacket Liner <almost always carried instead of other gear for keeping warm>
Rubber rain suite <seldom carried even in tropical climates>
Spare batteries for flashlight 2 sets in plastic bag
2-4 210 round bandoliers of ammo in addition to what is in the magazines
1-2 200 round SAW drums
2-4 60mm mortar rounds
1-2 belts 7.62 Linked
1-2 Claymore mines
1 1kg block of C4
2-6 blasting caps
1 roll of det cord <instead of C4>
1 section of fuse a few meters
1-2 Laws or an AT 4
2-6 M67 Fragmentation Grenades
1 WP Grenade
Smoke grenades for Officers, Radiomen, or Platoon Sgt and Squadleaders
Walkie Talkie or field phone and spare batteries and com wire
Spare Battery for Platoon/Squad radio
Night Vision goggles or scope and hard box w/ batteries
Boonie Hat
Gas Mask
MOPPsuite
Spare MOPP suite <when operating in an area with a chemical threat>
Rations 2 days of MREs <6> realisticaly they would be rumaged and broken down to just the items that are eaten and everything else thrown away or left or traded.
1 or 2 quart spare canteen <issued, more are carried when you have them>
1-6 sandbags. Fill them when you dig in, empty them and pack em when you move out.
Squad Stove <a coleman type backpackers stove issued 1 per squad>

SAW Gunner:

M249 SAW Light Machine gun
2 SAW pouches instead or in addition to the M16 pouches, each SAW pouch carries 1 200 round drum of belted SAW ammo.
Bayonet
2-4 additional 200 round drums ontheir cloth bandoliers carried on the shoulders and in the pack. It sometimes a infantyrman will carry four on their person and four more drums in their pack in addition to the drum in the weapon
Spare Barrel in bag with cleanin gear

All other gear is the same as a rifleman

Grenadier <fireteam leader>
A M203 Grenade launcher fixed to the M16A2 and they often carry a compass
1 grenadiers vest <seldom worn> the vest holds 24 rounds of normal 40mm ammo and has 2 long pockets for the longer Illum rounds.
Quadrant site <mounts onto the handguard of the rifle> grenade launcher cleaning brush

All other items same as rifleman

Platoon Leader, Platoon Sgt, Platoon Guide and Squad Leader
Same as rifleman except less unit gear like radios, batteries, demo etc and they may carry a compass, binoculars, walkie talkie, maps, pop up flares and smoke grenades, they may even carry a 40mm flare pistol and flares for signaling and illumination <this is rare as the prevalence of the M203 which can fire the rounds makes it easier>

Combat knives are not general issue in any service except for the Marines and the Ka-Bar. However, the Ka-Bar is only issued to people who are in combat units and assigned a pistol. However, many Marines end up purchasing one on their own or similar combat knives.

Machinegun and Machinegun Team
M60A1, M60E3 <for Marines> and M240 system

Section leader: same gear as rifleman except none of the unit gear like Demo, radio gear, etc. He may have a LAW, more sand bags, binoculars, maybe NVGs, compass and 2 or more belts of 7.62 linked

Gun Team Leader:
Rifleman and gear <less unit gear as mentioned above> Binoculars, sometimes a pick handle for clearing a jammed bolt, and sometimes a long single piece metal rod for clearing jammed rounds, sometimes a full sized shovel, about 200 rounds or more MG ammo

Gunner:
Machinegun
Pistol and holster
9mm 1 spare magazine, .45 2 spare magazines and mag pouch
Pistol lanyard <seldom worn>
1 100 round belt of ammo mounted on weapon
2 -4 100 round belts of MG ammo
paper and pen/pencil
Shovel/Rod/Shovel mentioned above
Weapons Cleaning gear and large bottle of weapons oil
Sandbags
Allother items basic issue <see rifleman>

A-Gunner:
M16A2 and all other items as riflemen excpet com, demo etc items
MG Tripod
Sandbags
200-400 rounds belted MG ammo

Ammo man:
M16A2
All items of rifleman except com and demo type items
A-Bag or Barrel Bag with spare barrel
Asbestoes mitten for changing MG barrel
400 rounds MG ammo
Sand Bags

Ammo man:
Same as rifleman
400 rounds MG ammo <sometimes more>
Sanbags

There may be up to 4 ammo men on a MG team, however normaly there are only one or two.

Mortar Crew for M242 60mm mortar:
Note depending on the HQ's SOP mortarmen may be issued with either a Pistol or a Rifle.

Section Leader <Section leader is the same as a squad leader in a weapons platoon>
Pistol holster and magazine
Binos
Compass
Plotting Wheel
Data Book
Pen and Papper
Flashlight
4 60mm mortar rounds

Radioman:
Pistol
Radio
Batteries
Poncho<ready for light proof cover>
Pad and papper
4 60 mm mortar rounds

The two above make up the fire direction center

Gun Crew:
Gun commander
Hard Site Box containing gun site, and illum markers for aiming stakes
6-8 rounds 60mm mortar ammo

Gunner
Bipod
6-8 mortar rounds

A- Gunner
Gun Tube
6-8 mortar rounds

Ammo man #1
M16A2
Baseplate
Aiming Stake
Small Baseplate <when not fixed to weapon which is often done on the march for hand fired shots>
8 rounds mortar ammo

Ammo man #2
M16A2
12 rounds mortar ammo

There can be more ammo men but they seldom are, all would carry a rifle and 12 mortar rounds in addition to the basic riflemans gear.

Mortarmen's Equipment:

As mentioned some are issued ALL pistols others are issued ALL rifles, normaly all excpet for the ammo men are issued pistols and ammomen are issued rifles. With the advent of the M4 they may all be issued with the carbine.

Mortarmen are also issued a special vest that can carry up to 6 rounds, but these are seldom used like the M203 grenadiers vest.

Due to the load mortarmen carry in the way of their weapons system and ammo they often do not carry items a rifleman would have.
Minimal small arms ammo, full magazines and 1 spare bandolier of rifle ammo, no spare ammo for a pistol beyond what is in the magazines
Pack and frame
Poncho and Liner
MOPP suite
Goretex
E-Tool <sometimes a larger shovel purchased at a hardware store for digging large mortar and ammo pits>
Polypropolyne underwear
Sleeping Bags <rarely carried and often by only one or two members>
Shaving gear
Rations as mentioned above
Water as mentioned above
Gloves and liners

SMAW Gunner

Section Leader
Same items as the A-Gunner carries

Gunner
Rifle or Pistol depending on command
SMAW Launcher
SMAW Pack Frame and pack
2-3 rockets as available and the threat dictates, normaly 2 HE and 1 AT rocket
2 KG C4
Det Cord
Blasting Caps
Night Scope and mount for SMAW
SAME equipment as a rifleman minus batteries and radio gear. May carry more demo and WP/Thermite grenades

A-Gunner:
All items as above but armed with a RIFLE instead and no launcher or night scope

Radioman:
Company radioman carries the field radio, tape antena and whip antena, handset, waterproof bag and 3 batteries. They also carry a leatherman tool and pouch and a section of com wire.

Pistol and accessories
Basic Gear

Platoon Radioman:
Rifle and all gear a rifleman has
Field Radio, 1 whip antena, 1 tape antena, hand set, 2 batteries <1 in radio and 1spare> com wire

Company HQ:

Company Commander
Pistol
Compass
Binoculars

Company XO
Pistol sometimes a rifle in addition

Company 1st Sgt
Pistol

Company Gunny
Pistol often they acquire a shotgun as well

Company Supply Sgt
Pistol or a Rifle

Company Supply Sgts Assistant
Rifle

Company Driver
Rifle or Pistol

Company Clerk
Pistol

Company Clerk
Rifle

All of the above carry minimal equipment. Minimal means no mission purpose or squad issued equipment. And yet they have a Hummer to ride in.

Often the Company Driver will fill the role as one of the company clerks as well. And the Supply Sgt will also be the company NBC NCO.

Basic Equipment:

Uniform worn <boots, trousers, blouse, socks, underwear and soft cover>
Combat Harness <H-harness, pistol betl, 2 canteens and pouches, 1 canteen cup, 2 magazine pouches for Rifles or SAWs, 1 for pistol and appropriate magazines, fanny pack, 1st aid kit and carrier, 1st Aid Kit and Carrier.
Gas Mask
Kevlar Helmet
Kevlar Vest
Bayonet

Pack
Pack Frame*
Poncho
Poncho Liner
Water Proof Bag
Spare Uniform*
2 spare sets socks
Gloves
Isomat*
Shaving Gear
Weapons Cleaning Gear
MOPP Suite
Rations <as issued>
Spare underwear <often 1 set consisting of a T-shirt and a set of PT sorts>
Shelter Half*
1 Bandolier of Rifle ammo for those issued a rifle and not assigned as riflemen
2 Fragmentation grenades for those not acting as riflemen

* denotes optional items and items that are not always carried.

Other items mentioned on the riflemans list and not on the above list reflects the BAREST of packs one can carry in a temperate climate in good weather conditions. If it becomes cooler then of course pollypro, goretex and a sleeping bag will be carried among other items.

Notes: Grenades are issued more along the lines of a troopers duties. Thus a Rifleman will have more Frags and a mortarman or machinegunner would be issued fewer. Squad and Platoon leaders carry two colored smoke grenades and at least one white phosperous greande.

SMAW Gunners are the equivalent of a modern day Bazookaman and Demo man, they are originally trained as riflemen, then get advanced training in demo and anti tank weapons.

The above gives you an idea of how a basic rifle company is equipped. The M4 will most likely replace a lot of the billets where a pistol or a rifle is issued. In combat most pistols are turned in and replaced with rifles.

Asuarah Garretson said:

Oh everyone one me and Asuarah talked on IM and made up. She is not mad, just wants to know when she could join. Told her I would throw her a bone in a few post.

Wow. Came back to this. All I could think of is that there was an article I had read on Roleplaying which should apply here, and could have stopped a lot of the drama going on.

Relevent part copied down below:

Decide to React Differently: Have you ever had a party break down into fighting over the actions of one of their members? Has a character ever threatened repeatedly to leave the party? Often, intraparty fighting boils down to one player declaring, "That's how my character would react." Heck, often you'll be the one saying it; it's a common reaction when alignments or codes of ethics clash.

However, it also creates a logjam where neither side wants to back down. The key to resolving this problem is to decide to react differently. You are not your character, and your character is not a separate entity with reactions that you cannot control. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a player state that their character's actions are not under their control. Every decision your character makes is your decision first. It is possible and even preferable for you to craft a personality that is consistent but also accommodating of the characters the other players wish to play.

When you think about a situation, ask yourself, "Is this the only way my character can react to this?" Chances are, the answer is, "No." Try to refine your character so that you can deal with situations that conflict with your alignment/ethos without resorting to ultimatums, threats, etc. This will often mean thinking in terms of compromise and concession to your fellow players, or at the very least an agreement to disagree.

Here's another example: In a campaign I DM'd, the party's bard lifted a magical sword behind the back of the party's Lawful Good monk. The monk had basically decided that the bodies of several fallen knights would be buried without looting, and rather than argue, the bard just grabbed the sword. The bad news was, the sword was cursed; it was the blade that had belonged to a ghost that roamed the castle, and whenever the bard drew it, the ghost materialized and attacked him (and only him). Eventually, the bard 'fessed up that he had stolen the sword. The monk (and the monk's player) became furious, and declared that he could no longer travel with the bard. Either the bard had to leave, or he would. It became a huge argument between characters and players, and it was entirely unnecessary. The monk did not have to react with an ultimatum; the monk did not even have to be angry, no matter what his alignment was. The bard had already suffered the misfortune of having his Charisma drained by the ghost repeatedly; the monk could have chosen (for example) to lecture the bard on how his theft had brought him nothing but misery. He chose to create player conflict when it was just as easy to not.

Personally, I blame the paladin for this. The original paladin class created the precedent for one player thinking he has the right to dictate the morality of other players. That drives me nuts. Ever since, players who select a Lawful Good character automatically assume it is up to them to police the rest of the party, and too often, the rest of the party lets them. As far as I'm concerned, no player has the right to tell another player how to act. Lawful Good is not the "right" way to be, and it is unacceptable to push your character's ideals on other players whether they want them or not.

Another useful application of this concept involves accepting story hooks your DM gives to you. Try to never just say, "My character isn't interested in that adventure." A lot of people mistake this for good roleplaying, because you are asserting your character's personality. Wrong. Good roleplaying should never bring the game to a screeching halt. One of your jobs as a player is to come up with a reason why your character would be interested in a plot. After all, your personality is entirely in your hands, not the DM's. Come up with a reason why the adventure (or the reward) might appeal to you, no matter how esoteric or roundabout the reasoning.

If the paladin is to blame for the last problem, this one belongs to the druid. Druids have such a specific set of principles that players often mistake them for being a free pass to demand that each adventure revolve around their goals. Raiding a dungeon for gold doesn't appeal to the druid mindset, so what are you to do if you play one and are presented with that goal? You improvise. Maybe the gold will enable you to purchase magic items that will let you protect the wilderness. Maybe the ruins contain unnatural monsters that need to be killed regardless of the treasure. Maybe, just maybe, the other PCs are your friends and you are willing to help them just because. Too often that last part is forgotten; I don't think anyone reading this has never spent the night doing something they'd rather not because a friend asked.

By the way, since my character is incapacitated, feel free to skip me in the order until approximately one hour game time happens.

Presuming I haven't gotten a bullet in the brain by then.

Back
Top Bottom