Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Emperor's Mistress ((Lady&Blair))

Valerian stood, sighing softly at as he considered that.""Well...just a bath and breakfast."he said the 36 year old blushing ever so slightly before grinning."Good. Lets go get washed up before he gets here."He said getting up to have a maid draw a bath before picking her up and heading for the bathroom.

Iris was in the courtyard reading with Phedre who was actually taking a day off and laying on the blanket iris had laid out on the floor. Glancing at alec she offered a hesitant smile."She still wasn't feeling well when she brought me breakfast. I thought you would not want her hurting herself, so I ordered her to rest."She said quickly wanting him to know why phedre was resting, though she was pretty sure he would approve of it. After all, he was different from other slave owners.

When Valerian picked her up, Ophelia wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him softly on the lips. "That's the man I like to see," she murmured, amused at how easy it was to get him to slow down this morning. Once in the bath tub, she sat in his lap and sighed. "Everyone seemed rather happy last night," she said, trying to be optimistic, "Especially you." She giggled and grabbed a wash cloth, moving to wash his chest and shoulders. "You definitely drank enough for the two of us. It was rather... amusing." Leaning forward, she kissed his neck.

Alec smiled a bit and walked out into the courtyard. "I can have another maid replace her for a couple of days," he said, sitting down beside Iris. He rest his arm around her shoulders and leaned in to kiss her head. "You should have made me wake up earlier. Half the day has gone by..." He frowned and called for a maid to bring his coffee to the courtyard. In reality, he knew he needed the rest. Big time. And he felt and looked a lot better.

Valerian smirked a little."oh?you mean you donr like to see otherwise?"he teased amused that anyone besides astrid wanted to see him happy. Smiling as he slipped into the water he sipped his coffee nodding."so they did. I told you they would care for the child,no matter who its mother is."he said shrugging before blushing a little at her words."now you know why I usually don't drink that much."

Iris frowned at his words shaking her head as she leaned into him."you needed the rest. Nd the emperor did give you time off so you could do so."she said smiling as the maid brought their coffee sipping it as she looked over at alec."both of you just need some rest. Though we should probably do some wedding planning to."she said smiling at him

A few months later, Ophelia was moving around the nursery that they had just started to get ready. She was moving around while Valerian was at work, hoping he wouldn't catch her, because she knew he wanted her in bed. The small woman's stomach was rather large, making her back hurt all of the time, and the doctor had suggested bed rest. The doctor said that the baby was developing perfectly, but was much larger in weight than he had expected. Because of this, he worried about Ophelia's body adjusting... Besides that, they were as healthy as could be. No one expected any less that a healthy, bouncing baby boy in a few weeks...

Alec had just come in from work after not being home for four days. He had been late in getting Alexander a few days off, and the only way to make it possible was to work around the clock for a while... Walking in the door, he slumped onto the near by couch in the parlor and groaned. His body ached, and on top of that, the wedding was tomorrow. He was excited, but he was nervous. Per tradition, he had not seen Iris for over a week, but he made sure to help her with planning for the past couple months. The house had already started to be arranged to turn from bachelor pad to marriage nest... "Phedre?" he called tiredly, "Bring me a drink, please..." He reached up to rub his temples.

Valerian frowned as he stepped into the room, watching her for a moment as she walked around."You look like a your top heavy and about to fall over.Would you just go lay down?"Valerian growled frowning at her. And while he looked tired, he had been getting more sleep because he knew she worried about him, and he didn't want to distress her more then necesarry, he had been taking care of himself more. Though he to had been hepling out to make sure that alexander got a few days off, now that the war had gotten to a lull, he had a little more free time to do what he liked."Please."

Phedre looked worried about him as she studied him for a moment,"Yes my lord."She muttered as she crossed the room,pouring him a drink before returning to his side, sitting down on the couch next to him, her legs curled up under her. While she was aware she was pregnant, she just hadn't figured out how to tell him,even though after a few months she had just a gentle curve to her stomach, though it could have been just eating well, which is what she'd first mistaken it for."How are you feeling?"she said reaching out,gentlyl stroking his hair out of his face.

Ophelia looked up at him, jumping a bit at the sound of his voice. Turning around, she sighed. There was a bit of pain in her eyes at his tone. "I'm just feeling restless," she murmured, walking over to him. She wrapped her arms around him and rest her head on his chest, her stomach making it to where they weren't able to get as close as usual. "I was just about to go to bed. I swear. I need the rest before the wedding tomorrow," she murmured, looking up at him with a smile. She knew he was edgy and tired because of working so much, so she was trying to help him relax. It always bothered her when he was so tired that he was moody. "Bad day?"

Alec leaned his head back and took a big gulp of his drink. "Tired... So very tired," he murmured, then turned his head to look at her, "How have you been?" He reached out and effortlessly tugged her into his lap, wanting to feel her soft skin and curves around him after being crowed by men for four days. Not only was he tired, but he was sexually irritable and starved of any sort of affection. Leaning forward, he nuzzled her neck and kissed her shoulder. "Take a bath with me," he murmured tiredly.

Valerian sighed softly looking away from her as she looked at him, wrapping his arms around her as he pressed a kiss to her head."you do.We both should.I have a feeling its going to be a long day."He muttered because he still hadn't gotten around to telling her astrid was coming to.But it wasn't like he could deny his queen the right to attend. She was still his queen after all.And that along with the long hours made him irritable. "Long. And irritating."He sighed softly as he lead her back towards their rooms."Astrid came back today, because she wants to go to the wedding."He sighed as he started undressing, getting ready to lay down.

"You need to rest more."she sid resting her head on his shoulder as she was tugged into his lap, snuggling against him before smiling a little as he leaned into her."I better. otherwise you might drown yourself by falling asleep, and that would be bad."She teased a little before helping him up and heading for the bathroom before answering his question."I am...fine. Busy with getting for the wedding."she said trying to figure out how to tell him about the pregnancy, but she was so afraid of what he'd think, that she just couldn't bring herself to bring it up when he was so tired.

Ophelia looked started at the news, sitting down on the bed and frowning. "O-oh," she said, swallowing hard. Her hands went to her stomach, rubbing over the baby bump as she thought about the queen. It was going to be terrible awkward to be pregnant with his child in front of his wife. Not to mention, she was probably going to be pushed to the side for appearance's sake. The idea of Astrid always visibly unnerved Ophelia, because she was scared... Scared to be replaced.

Laying down in the bed, she looked up at him was a half-smile, trying to change the subject. "The doctor came by while you were gone... About three more weeks," she said, looking happier at the thought. Only three more weeks of being anxious and worried. She would soon have the child she'd been waiting to hold for months... However, she knew the closer it got, the more nervous he became. It would be devastating to lose their child so far along.

Alec followed her in, waiting for the bath to be drawn. He watched her with a hint of a smile. It was hard to not be happy to see her after being gone from her. As much as he was starting to love Iris, he could not deny his feelings for Phedre. "Oh? So I assume you've talked to Lady Iris some," he said, slipping into the hot water with a pleasure-filled sigh. "I am sorry I had to leave you for such a stretch of time, but it was my only option." He looked up at her, stretching his arms out to help her into the tub with him.

Valerian winced at her reaction, sighing ever so slightly."If I could deny her, you now I would, for you.But I can't."He muttered looking away from her, hating to be awkward about it, because he couldn't set astrid truly aside until the child was born, and he still had three nerve racking weeks to go. Grinning at that he nodded as he laidi down with her, pressing a kiss to her cheek."I know.I'm excited, and I'm sure you're ready to not feel so awkward."He said smiling as he ran a hand over her rounded stomach,just imaging how awkward feeling that it had to be, made his back ache.

Phedre smiled back at him "I did.She's excited and nervous."She said smiling as she looked at him before letting up help her into the tub, shifting to settling in his lap as he leaned bck in the tub. Needing the comfort of being held."It's okay.I know you would stay if you could."She muttered shrugging a little as she avoided looking at him,biting her lip."Ale...I need to tell you something..."

Ophelia sighed and nodded. "I know you would," she whispered, watching him climb into bed. She smiled as he rubbed her stomach. She loved when he did that... "Oh, yes," she murmured, "My back hurts all of the time. I'm just ready for the little one to come out and make an appearance." Her hand rested on top of his, and she leaned up to kiss him gently on the lips. When she pulled back, her eyes were soft. "Val... I know that it's something we've avoided saying," she whispered, "But... I love you. You know I do, and I want you to hear that before the baby is here. Just in case anything... happens." She swallowed hard.

Alec leaned back and held her to him, his eyes closed in an effort to relax. When she spoke, he didn't think anything of it. He did not expect anything serious. "Hm?" he murmured tiredly, his hands running over her wet body. It was clear he was relaxed and in a good mood, the aroma of the oils calming him after a few long days of hard work. "Tell me," he said, leaning forward to press and kiss to her neck.

Valerian smiled a little as he sighed softly ,closing his eyes as he nuzzled his face against his nec."Hm, I'll rub you down util your so relaxed, you wont remember any of this."he teased a little before swallowing hard, looking awy from er. Looking torn at her words before giving a jerky nod.Even after all this time, he was still awkward with emotions.Horrible in fact at it. "I...I love you to.You should know.Not that anything's going to happen."He reassured because he knew nothing was going to happen, but her outpouring of words had prompted him to admit to what his heart had told him for months.

Phedre smiled looking at him, shifting to straddle him, shivering as he ran his hands over her body. Looking down at him she smiled wider, not able to bring herself to tell him. Leaning down she kissed him softly, "I missed you."she muttered wrapping her arms around him."You need to rest, alec. You're going to be a old man sooner if you keep it up."She warned, teasing him a little

Ophelia hugged him, feeling the warmth of his emotions. It felt so nice to get it off her chest and know he felt the same. "You are more than welcome to give me a back rub," she teased, burying her face into his neck. She kissed the middle of his throat as she snuggled down into him, trying to get comfortable. Her stomach made it awfully hard to sleep sometimes.

Just as she was comfortable, a maid walked in with a letter. "From the queen," she servant murmured, bowing as she handed it to him. The note was not long or specific, but it said that Astrid wanted to meet with Valerian in private before the wedding.

Ophelia raised her eyebrows, looking nervous. "I hope... nothing is wrong." She bit her lip and tucked her head back into the bend of his shoulder and neck.

Alec reached up and pulled her down into a kiss. "I am no where close to an old man, young lady," he said, grinning, "But I do need some sleep before tomorrow. I want to make sure to have some sort of energy for Iris." He smirked a bit and stood up from the tub, holding her in his arms as he walked for the bedroom. After they were dried off, he slipped into bed and patted the spot beside him. "Come. I want you to sleep with me tonight..." He tugged her down and into his embrace, curling his body around her and taking in her scent.

Valerian siled a little as he nuzzled her,sighing softly as he kissed her hair."Get some sleep.Tomorrow's going to be busy."He muttered looking up when the maid came in. Frowning ever so slightly."Me to. Though if something was wrong, astrid would be in here yelling at me instead of politely asking to see me."he sighed softly,"Go to sleep.I'll go see her.Might as well get it out of the way now."He said moving away from her, knowing astrid had arrived that evening instead of risking being late by coming the next day before the wedding.

Phedre laughed quietly."You're older then me."She pointed out smiling as she snickered a little resting her head on his shoulder."Yes, I think your wife would like you awake enough to have sex."She teased before slipping into his arms as he tugged her down, shivering a little as he curled around her. "Alec?...I-I'm pregnant."She blurted out, having not meant to say it, but once she was in his arms, protected and feeling how he cared for her, she couldn't help but say it. Not when she also thought about tht it might not be his. Remembering the time at the celebration where everyone had used her and the other maid.

Ophelia looked up at him with a frown as he got up. "Now?" she asked, looking worried. She nodded, thinking better of it. "Okay. Good luck." Leaning up, she kissed him softly on the lips before smiling sweetly at him and moving to lay down. With in a few minutes, she was asleep. It seemed she was so much more sleepy than she had thought...

Astrid was waiting for him, sitting on the couch in front of the fire place in her old chambers. When he walked in, she smirked at him. It was clear she was up to something... "Good evening, husband," she said, staying seated. A blanked laid in her lap, hiding the slightly baby bump from his sight. She had just found out she was with child, and she had just sent Alexander a message to let him know. Everything was falling into place. "We have something we need to talk about."

Alec froze, going silent for a few moment before sitting up to look down at her. His eyebrows were creased together, and his eyes were wide with concern. "Phedre," he said, looking in shock, "No... No, you can't be pregnant." He shook his head and sat up right, rubbing his hands through his hair. Fuck. Oh, fuck. What was going to happen? How was he going to handle this? How was Iris going to handle this?

He looked back down at her. "Are you sure?" he said, "How far along?"

Valerian paused in the doorway, watching her for a moment. Looking dark and brooding in the firelight he sighed softly, as he crossed the room and sat down in the chair across from her. "We have alot of things we should talk about,Astrid. What requires my attention right now before the wedding?"He said studying her, trying to figure out exactly what she was up to.

Phedre yelped a little as he sat up, rolling to her back, sitting up and leaning bck against the headboard, rising her legs she wrapped her arms around her legs,looking over at him."I am."he said softly looking away from him, looking anxious about telling him this. "A few months."She sid after a moment, looking so scared and upset.

Astrid smirked. "I supposed I should cut to the chase, shouldn't I?" she said, pulling the blanket from her lap. There it was - a small baby bump. She was obvious no where close to Ophelia's size yet, but she was getting there. "I'm with child, Valerian," she said, tilting her head to the side, "It's your's, and I will be moving back into the castle." She raised her eyebrow at him, challenging him. "Since I will be having your rightful heir, I deserve to live in the palace against and not be treated like a dog... And as far as the girl - that whore you have been prancing around with like a teen - she needs to go and take her unborn pup with her. I want her gone before sunrise."

Alec looked panicked, dropping his head into his hands. "Fuck," he whispered, shaking his head. He looked down at her and frowned. "Don't look so scared. I'm not going to do anything to you. This is my fault. Not your's." Reaching, he pulled her into his arms and kissed her forehead. He rubbed her back and sighed. "We will deal with this when you are showing more, okay? For now, you need to pretend you don't know. I can't let my wedding fall through because of this, and I think Iris would be more understanding later on."

Valerian's eyes went wide as he stare at her, swallowing hard. His own eyes flashing in anger before nodding."I will allow you to return here. But I will not let you set her aside like a common whore. Not even you can demand that. I am ruler here, I will not let anyone dicate what or who I spend time with."He snarled as he bolted out of the seat and started to pace. Feeling anxious and worried, and pissed. Judging by the looks of his wife, she had to have known for awhile she was pregnant, and had waited this long to tell him. Swallowing hard before he decided to inflict the most damaging emotional wound he could, because he wouldn't allow her to destroy what he was enjoying."Besides, you have a habit of getting rid of my children, I will not set her aside for something as fickle as your womb."

Phedre winced at his words he sighing softly as he pulled her against him, pressing her face into his chest as she started to cry. Swallowing hard she nodded, sniffling. "O-okay.I can do that."She muttered clinging to him, because she had been so sure he'd turn her away before nodding."NO, I don't want to ruin the wedding. We worked so hard to get ready for it."She muttered sighing softly, wanting him to be happy, and knowing she'd just complicated the hell out of his life.

Astrid's eyebrows raised. "Oh? Are you growing soft toward her, Valerian? Are you falling in love with her like you did me all these years ago?" She scoffed and rolled her eyes. However, she looked a bit startled at his words. She swallowed hard, trying to take the snap to the stomach as gracefully as possible. "If anything is fickle, husband, it is your heart," she snapped, then stood up and put her hands on her hips. "Do you think I will not make an announcement of my pregnancy? Do you think this country will take lightly to the idea of you setting aside the child of their Queen for a child of a whore?! You know better than that! I have thought this through, believe it or not, and I know exactly what I am doing. If you do not want me to cause a riot in your own country among a war that my brother is dying to end with blood shed, then you will have her pack her bags and leave this palace!" Her voice rang through the chambers, and it was clear that she was far from sanity. This was not about love or heart break or even the unborn child. No, this is about revenge.

Alec rocked her gently in his arms. "Stop crying," he said sternly, even if his touch was gentle, "No need to cry over this. You don't know how this will end up. Pregnancies are hard to predict." He winced at his own words, knowing they were not comforting or sensitive. "I mean, we will figure all of this out. Once Iris and I are married and it has been consummated, there will be little she can do. You will go about your duties, and when the child is born, we will go from there."

"You're right, me and you were years ago."He growled looking annoyed with her, snickering a little."Me?Fickle?No.I think you have me mistaken for some love sick fool."He growled staring at her pissed because the only love that had held steady all these years, the only thing he loved before all others, was what she was threatening to destroy. And she knew it. She knew threatening his empire would cripple him no matter what he wanted. "Well, I would love to help your brother end this in bloodshed. His,of course."He snarled before heading for the door."I will think on this, my lady and will let you know what I decide in the morning."He said his snarl saying that calling her my lady was definately not what he wanted to say,but showing her some sort of decorom. Snarling as he headed back to his room, for once not enjoying the sight of everyone scrambling to get out his way.

Phedre winced at his words, crumbling a little as she sighed quietly, pressing her face into his chest. Swallowing hard as she forced herself to stop crying she nodded."Yes....we'll see."She muttered a little shifting, yawning."we should sleep."She said after a moment, not wanting to talk anymore.

Ophelia stirred awake when he finally came back in, hearing the murmurs of servants from the hall ways. Clearly, whatever happened between Astrid and Valerian was loud and volatile... Slowly sitting up, she looked up at him with worried eyes. However, she was not worried about herself, but for him. "Everything okay?" she asked, attempting to get herself out of bed. She could tell he was upset and that it would take some calming down to get him to go back to bed... After finally managing to stand up with her large belly, she put one hand on her sore lower back and walked over to him. "Valerian?"

Alec nodded and started to lay back in the bed with her in his arms. He held her close and closed his eyes. "Just act as if nothing has happened when you see Iris tomorrow, okay?" he murmured, kissing her hair, "Leave that to me to take care of. Now sleep." With that, he buried his face into her hair and tried desperately to fall asleep, even though he knew it was going to be impossible.

Valerian wined as she asked him if it was okay, nearly jumping out of her skin when she got close. Looking down at him he sighed softly, looking so torn and messed up."...I love you."he muttered looking down at the ground."But I love my country more...."He said softly, so sadly."Astrid's pregnant.And she will tear my country apart if I don't set you aside."He swallowed hard sinking to his knees, wrapping his arms around her, starting to cry."I wont destroy my country for love.I was not named emperor to set my own wants over the needs of others."He cried because he knew it would hurt her, but he was crippled at the idea he would cause a war, and cost so many lives when he could have stopped it by making this choice.

"I wont."she muttered sighing softly as she settled down, relaxing. "You sleep to."She muttered falling asleep, to emotionally exhausted to stay awake. In the morning she sat on the edge of the bed,gently stroking his hair out of his face."Alec.Time to get up."She muttered settling the tray of food on the nightstand next to the bed.

Ophelia's eyes went wide, and she literally felt her heart stop. When he went to his knees, she thought she was dreaming. No, she thought she was going to faint. "W-what? What am I-I going to do? Valerian... What am I going to do with this baby?" she said, her voice trembling as she began to cry. Tears ran down her face as she watched him cry into her round stomach. "I am unwed, I am pregnant, and now I am being sent away? You... You are just throwing me to the wolves!" She pushed away from him and began to manically search for paper. She needed to tell her brother. He needed to come get her right away... She would not stay here another second. Not when he was doing this to her... Her heart was clearly breaking before him, just as his was, but she also had to worry about her safety. People already wanted her dead and gone, and now she had a baby to protect as a single mother? How could he do this to her?

Alec groaned and looked up at her, rubbing a hand over his face sleepily. "Morning," he whispered, leaning up to kiss her lips. It was clear that he had not slept hardly at all... Sitting up, he took the tray of food and began to eat, even if he was too damn nervous to. To nervous because of the wedding and Phedre's... situation. Everything was starting to tear at his sanity, especially after working such long hours. He just hoped he could get through the ceremony without breaking down or falling asleep. "Any messages from Lady Iris?" he asked raising his eyebrows.

Valerian winced as she pulled away from him, watching her for a moment, looking at a loss for what to do. It seemed that even some events could render the emperor of rome speechless. Swallowing hard he stood slowly, as if he was mortally wounded, before moving over to her, stopping her search."Don't.Stop. I will see that you are taken care of. And I will send a message to your brother in the morning.For now. Rest, and stay with me. for this last night."He muttered dipping his head burying his face into her neck,shuddering a little. "Calm.You are doing yourself nor the child no good."He muttered.

Phedre looked him over, looking worried for him even as she kissed him back.Gently brushing his hair out of his face she sighed softly."She sent a message that she will meet you at the palace. And that he can not wait to see you."she muttered sighing softly."Also there is a message from lord Valerian to."She added, looking nervous about what valerian could want on such a important day

Ophelia, for the most part, collapsed in his arms and let him hold her again. Her face buried in his chest and she sobbed, her body shaking as she did so. "Why do you care?" she croaked, "You don't want either one of us any more." She wiped her eyes and tilted her head to look up at him, and fear was clear in her teary red-rimmed eyes. "You didn't answer me. What am I supposed to do? I am weeks away from giving birth, Valerian, and you are sending me away..." She swallowed hard, gasping for air as she tried to wrap her brain around what was happening. Her brother, bless his soul, would probably house her, but she hated to even ask him to do it. The man had taken care of her for years, and this was not his fault. He didn't deserve the burden.

Valerian bared his teeth in a fierce snarl even as he gently pressed a kiss to her hair."I love you.And I would keep you.But I will not let my empire be torn asunder for my desires!Her brother will end this war in a blood bath, instead of this peaceful standoff we have."He snarled sounding angry moving away from her. Spinning between despair and anger to quickly to get any hold on his emotions."I will see that you are well taken care of Ophelia. And if you wish, I will see to it that you are married well.You will have a house, you and the child."He said his mind already scrambling to find someone, anyone who would help her. Because he knew she would not want to return to alec's, not with him newly married and all. And then, like a gift fruit dropped into his lap, it hit him."Alexander.If you would like me to speak to him, I will.He loves you you know."He said, not because he really wanted her with the other man who made his hackles rise just by being near her, but because he knew alexander would take care of her. Not realizing he was playing right into alexander and astrid's hands.

Back
Top Bottom