Drrr!! (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

The lock on the door clicked and opened, Makise and Koishi stepping inside. "Otou-sama!" Koishi ran over to Shizuo and jumped into his lap.

Koishi had dropped her umbrella at the doorway, which Makise closed and put away. "Otou-sama, how come you always have those things?" She asked, her cheeks red from the sun.

"I dun' wanna." "I can't get her to do it." Makise called from the kitchen. "She's as stubborn as you."

"Kid, do you remember how miserable you were the last time you didn't wear sun block? You had 1st degree burns all over your body and you couldn't move without hurting...do you want that again?" Shizuo asked

"Well... No... But I have the umbrella you got me...! I promise I'll be careful..!" She pulled out the Bambi eyes, sticking out her lower lip.

Koishi's eyes lit up and she grinned happily. "Arigatou!" She said and threw her arms around Shizuo's neck in a tight hug.

"I will." Koishi whispered back, smiling happily and giggling at their secret dairy adventure they'd share later tonight.

"Hai..!" Koishi jumped off his lap and hurried to her room; Makise stepped out of the kitchen. "I'll be leaving early tomorrow morning, around five." She said with a sad smile. "I wish I didn't have to."

"Work is work..." Shizuo stood and moved over, "We'll miss you...especially the kid...she's gonna try and call you every day...just you watch..."

Makise leaned her forehead against Shizuo's chest tiredly. "I know, I just don't want to be gone often, I want her to be raised by two parents.."

"I know, I know.." She rubbed her neck absentmindedly. "But... I dunno..." She sighed and shook her head, looking worn out.

Back
Top Bottom