Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are you reading?

Max Level Newbie(Web Novel) by Yi-Deung-Byeol.

Interesting take on general Isekai approach with the premise revolving around a character that finished at level 99 in the world he ended up in with max stats and finds himself in a different world where such a level is considered 'noob,' level. A place where beginner goblins are at in the 90s. It also has three different factions of individuals that also ended up in that world and been stuck in there since in their attempts to trying to clear it. The Players(which MC is member of) who are frowned upon by the other two groups and considered 'lazy/spoon fed,' due to the system where many in those roles stop progressing in that world compared to the other two groups. The Murim, which covers most of the martial art tropes, the people that get stronger by fighting, being enlightened, etc. There is also the Mage group(name eluding me, even with reading the story. Not to say they really forgettable, but I don't read many KR novels on the Mage types. This is basically a story where the author kinda incorporated a little of everything of the main three tropes most will see as standalones in other KR novels; aka Players, Murim base, and general Mage stories.)

Any who it is mostly a Strong to Stronger story with the MC just trying to return back home after being sucked up in one prior world forced to survive only to find himself in that new, crazy world with various overpowered entities.

Cons: The translators did shitty job and it is filled with errors and even missing portions of text. At least the first group, haven't made it to the other groups that translated the later portions of it. But despite the good story, the translation job is enough to give a headache and prevent long bouts of reading.

With a new movie on the way and a new podcast discussing it, I’ve picked up Dune again. An old favorite and a brilliant book.

Pioneer Girl - Laura Ingalls on steroids. A must.

Bakhita (Veronique Olmi)

The Director must die, Dina Thala

I'm only about a third of the way in but so far it's pretty enjoyable. I'll let you know, shouldn't take me too long to finish. Have you read Revolt of the Angels?

Revolt of the Angels is probably a really solid companion piece for Là-bas. It was written about 20 years after Là-bas and is another French novel. I REALLY enjoyed Revolt of the Angels and would highly recommend it if you're considering reading Là-bas.

I've been ploughing my way through the Red Queen series, which I have really enjoyed up until now, but I'm really struggling with the final book and think it might end up as a DNF. I also recently finished the most recent book in the Blood and Ash series, and also the Grishaverse. Can you tell what genre I like?

I'm between books at the moment but looking at reading The First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie next.

I have been reading a slowly updating story that is written almost every weekday, it is a grand amalgamation of sci-fi built into an amazingly well thought out and tied together narrative, the series is known as First Contact, I read it over on the HFY reddit.

Currently 80% through the Mortal Kombat novelization by Jeff Rovin, and 1/3rd through The Bad Muslim Discount by Syed Masood.

Back
Top Bottom