Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are you reading?

Revelation space by Alastair Reynolds (love the setting but the book is pretty deep so I am taking it slow)

Star Wars: Light of the Jedi (The High Republic) by Charles Soule (not sure of it's gold yet)

Was reading the invisible life of Addie LaRue but then I got distracted by The King of Confidence - nonfiction about a grifter who pretended to be Joe Smith's successor to found a pirate kingdom in Michigan.

Before that I read Naomi Novik's latest, a deadly education, and it's great. I'd write something in that setting in a heartbeat.

About half way through "Life"by Keith Richards I thought it would be an amazing read but he is rather long winded and pompous. It is a slow journey and find myself skipping pages lol.

As a respite I have started reading "Lonely Boy" by Steve Jones the guitarist from Sex Pistols. It is more entertaining and down to Earth.

Finished The Da Vinci Code a few days ago. 10/10 would recommend.

Started yesterday on The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle. I'm only ~40 pages in but the writing is immaculate. I'm not too big of a fan of the first person point of view but Turton makes it flow extremely well. The plot is intriguing although its too early to judge. I'd say I'm just now getting to the initial hook.

This turned out to be an amazing book, btw. I absolutely loved it.

Recently finished 1984. I've been thinking of reading this classic for so long and its nice I've finally gotten around to it.

Considering starting Court of Wolves by Robyn Young next, when I clear my schedule a bit.

Munyal/The impatient ones. Djaïli Amadou Amal. A story of polygamy in modern times. There would be a murder suicide round here, I don't fucking share. I wish these women, though, had discussed because the story is basically one huge misunderstanding. If you can find an English translation it's worth it.

On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society by Dave Grossman.

I've read that, it's interesting up tell he gets into video games make people more violent.

The author is also an absolute shit as a person. Makes his money doing police seminars telling cops that they need to have a warrior mindset and promotes hyper aggressive reactions.

Inherent Vice by Thomas Pynchon.

It's about this private investigator who smokes a lot of pot and gets wrapped up in a murder mystery. They made a movie with Joaquin Phoenix.

I just finished The Institute!

I am currently reading "Stalking Jack the Ripper" by Kerri Maniscalco.

You by Caroline Kepnes 😳

I've seen the netflix series, so I sorta knew what to expect and yet... visiting the psycho stalker's mind was a serious thrill ride. Consumed the book in 3 days.

By the way, they seriously softened Joe up for screen adaptation or what 🤔

Back
Top Bottom