Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are you reading?

"Priest" and "Thief" by Mattew Colville. He's a great world builder and character writer. This is an ongoing series with no clear timeline though so if that's a detractor for you maybe steer clear.

If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon..
Reading from my grans' bookshelves.

Last edited:
I just finished Then Again Maybe I Won't by Judy Blume. Making it through a pile of books from the basement that I have collected; about a third of them are young adult.

Omg, I really disliked this book. I thought, "Eh, Judy Blume! Freckle Juice, I vaguely remember that and it was alright. Very cute." I did not like the characters at all. Tony was not likable or interesting, and his friends were assholes, his parents were overly concerned with image. And nothing happens. It was slice of life and boring.

I have one more Blume in the pile, Tiger Eyes, that I'll get to eventually. But I swear to god....

The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible by A.J. Jacobs.

Ok so I listen to audible at work and this is just my reading list for the last week or so:

World War Z by Max Brooks (y)
Witches be crazy by Logan J. Hunter (n)
Troubled blood by Robert Galbraith (y)
End of summer by S.M. Anderson (y)
A bright shore by S.M. Anderson (n)
Conspiracy of fools by Kurt Eichenwald (y)
Smartest guys in the room by Bethany McLean (n) (Not a bar read but if you read conspiracy of fools there's nothing new and not as detailed)

Have been bulldozing back through the Sword of Truth series. Finished the main line 12 book series, finally having read the ones I'd missed over the years and am on book one of the Nicci Chronicals, the fun 'side story' picking up after the 12th book with two of my favorite characters from the series.

Just finished The Traitor by V.S. Alexander. A 'fun' easy read about The White Rose rebellion in Nazi Germany. Educational. Dark. A little fast paced, not a ton of detail to it, but they did their research so that's cool.

Currently on Queen of the Night, Sharynne Macleod Nicmhacha. A great, pretty accessible treatsie on the moon goddess. I enjoyed my last meditation on it.

Shapechangers by Jennifer Roberson.

I might have to drop it. Another one I dug from the basement, an oldie I collected back when I'd spend all of my allowance money at the used book shop. I thought the bad reviews were funny, so, I decided to go ahead and open it. Less scandalous than I was led to believe, it's boring and repetitive. I might read to the 1/4 mark but if it doesn't improve or hook me by then, something is wrong.

I just finished reading 1984 by George Orwell. A classic that I finally got around to. Kind of depressing how the active changing of language and double think are being used today. Oh well.

Finished The Da Vinci Code a few days ago. 10/10 would recommend.

Started yesterday on The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle. I'm only ~40 pages in but the writing is immaculate. I'm not too big of a fan of the first person point of view but Turton makes it flow extremely well. The plot is intriguing although its too early to judge. I'd say I'm just now getting to the initial hook.

Finished "Ready Player 2", it didn't loose much from the first book and still overflowing with nestalgia.

I'm groaning through "Oath Bringer", by Brandon Sanderson, it's alot like a late Robert Jordan, more soap opera than adventure. Don't even get me started on Caleden Storm blessed, such a whiner.

Transcript of the chicago 7, better than a Jhon Grisham novel.

Galaxy's Edge, the three Savage War novels are kinda awesome. Then the writers jump the shark and they dump any creative drive and just start cashing checks.

If your into genderbending and feminization, try Alyson Belle. Her books are short and trashy.

Been on a Cormac McCarthy binge lately and I've just finished The Road again for the umpteenth time. This one part stuck out to me the most:

“From daydreams on the road there was no waking. He plodded on. He could remember everything of her save her scent. Seated in a theatre with her beside him leaning forward listening to the music. Gold scrollwork and sconces and the tall columnar folds of the drapes at either side of the stage. She held his hand in her lap and he could feel the tops of her stockings through the thin stuff of her summer dress. Freeze this frame. Now call down your dark and your cold and be damned.”

Always amazes me how Cormac is able to convey the literary equivalent of a whiplash by superbly building up to that soul-crushing final sentence. The man just has a command over the English language that I’ve never seen in any other author.

Other than that, I'm halfway through Blood Meridian right now and am planning on picking up The First Law by Joe Abercrombie. I've heard good things about that series.

I am simultaneously reading Stephen King's It and taking a crack at all five Hitchhiker's Guide novels (thanks @Taelir). Big ol' books.

Back
Top Bottom