Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old ways in a new world II (Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

As he sat on the couch, and saw her come down the stairs he got up and took her hand. He could see she looked sad so he sat on the couch and pulled her into his lap. Hi lifted her chin with a finger. "Its ok, you made it clear at the beginning this might happen. Remember, I love you and i'm not going anywhere. What is troubling your mind?"

Her heart raced inside her chest when he came over to her. She sat on his lap barely able to look at him. " everything, I love you and I am afraid I am going to hurt you, I am still so afraid of your family and having sex with you will just complicate the matters more, I am also afraid of the sex itself, I could hear the woman in my clan screaming in pain as their mates took them."

He held her and just listened to her as she poured out her heart to him rapid fire. He could hear the panic in her voice. He kept his voice soft and quiet as her spoke. Hhe looked her in the eye with a calm spirit. "The women in your clan, were they taken in love or in lust? To become one, or to breed?"

"Certinly its part of it, but if thats all there is, a great deal is lost, and it will be painful. They were in wolf for when they bred, I'm sure, and probably barely knew their mate. Why do you think I didn't want it that way for us? They missed the love and got only the lust. They bred but they didn't really bond. Were the women able to say no?"

Mileena shook her head "no the alpha make the choice, to ensure blood lines are not crossed, and normally by the time the girls are 15 they have already have 1 or 2 pups"

He continued to comfort her and speak in quiet and loving tones. "My father nearly died protecting my mom from that very thing, even before they were committed to one another. Where you are now is very different from the clan in which you grew up. I know she makes you nervous now, but you and my mom really need to talk. You have a choice. Yes I want you to be my mate, but i want you to want it just as much as I do, and until that day it won't happen"

Mileena looked at him. "I am sorry I just need a little time,I wanted to but I am still afraid, growing up the way I did its tough to just forget it overnight. But I am trying."

"You don't need to be sorry. You aren't ready till your ready. Heart, body, and mind... remember that. I will" he kissed her softly. "let's walk into town and get some dinner."

Mileena kissed him back. "Thank you. I think a walk will do us both some good." She got up from his lap and took his hand and walked out the door.

They walked out to the road and then slowly made their way down to the little village. There wasn't much there, but at least they had a grocery store , a diner, a bar with a restaurant, and a hardware store and gas station. "Would you rather eat at the diner again or at the bar?"

Mileena looked around a bit as they walked, it was a cute little village. She smiled. "It's up to you really whatever you think is the better place to eat.

"The diner is better for breakfast and lunch, lets go to the restaurant. " he walked her across the street and they went in the restaurant, and found a table and sat down. " Tell me about your family".

Mileena took a seat across from him, and thought about what he asked. "Well my father died when I was 8, he had 7 children before he died, and then my mother took another mate right after he died, and while I was there she had 3 more children I am sure by now she has had more.

She looked down "the most important thing they ever taught me was not to be like them, to be so obsessed with carrying on our kind, they totally forgot that we have feelings"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring up hurtful things, but you know, I really believe that is why we were meant to be together. Just like my parent's we each have something to bring to the relationship that will help us be great parents when the time comes." The waitress finally got around to bring them menus and taking their drink orders.

Mileena smiled a little."I hope so" when the waitress comes Mileena orders a soda and looked over the menu. She smiled at Ashe, "how are the chicken wings here that sounds so good"

"They are actually pretty good, but they are spicy. Try them. If you don't like them you can have something else."

Mileena smiled then the waitress came back and she ordered her wings mild and then the waitress took Ashes order. Once she was gone mileena looked to Ashe "how did this place become so different I mean I can sense half breeds here"

"There are lots of them, its very hard to maintain the real old ways as my parents do, clans seem to either drift away from their human side or away from their wolven side. Its rare to find families like mine any more, That's why the elders here are trying so hart to promote the old ways, the best of the old ways, both human and wolven. at least for the moment, purebreds like we are, are rare.

"And clans like mine stop pure breeds from venturing out into the world which stops the spread of our kind." She sighed the waitress arrived with there food mileena could not wait to try the wings. Mileena dipped on in blue cheese and took a bit she was instantly in love with them

Ashe smiled as she was enjoying her dinner. He started in on his steak and baked potato. "Yes my father has spent his life trying to correct the wrongs in both types of clans. He is one of few alphas still living that truly understands the old ways. They way they should be practiced."

Mileena was making quick work of her wings as he talked. "We'll maybe in time my clan will pull their heads out of their asses and see there are better ways"

"They will need to be shown by someone, someone they will trust, some one with not only the right vision, but the results and the power to prove it. None of that is why I love you, nor is any of it reason enough for me to seek you out, but knowing it exists and that you know first hand the pain of corrupting our heritage, tells me that if we succeed, we have the potential to save our way of life for the future, whether or not we ever breed. "

Back
Top Bottom