Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Other Little Things That Bother You

Status
Not open for further replies.
CutePhoenix said:
People who want something in a game not because it would be fun or interesting, but just because it's generic and cool. I've lost count of how many times I've been on a forum for a game that features multiple weapon types, and come across countless topics of........

Are there scythes in this game?
Can I get a scythe in this game?
Where is a scythe in this game?
Can I wield a scythe in this game?

And on and on and on. When people answer and say no, it generally ends up going straight to the topic creator saying "y not?! sythz are cul!!!!!11!1!!"

But Scythes ARE cool. Just in moderation.

Even then I WOULD like to see more original weapons in gaming, like katars, Chakrams, or any type of gauntlet weapon.

On topic: When I have a good day at work and ONE person has to ruin it. In this case, it was 3 people. My shift leaders are idiots with micromanaging problems and bad attitudes. It doesn't help that one of them is 16 of all ages, but her attitude alone, when I'm new at the job and she has the nerve to make me look like a dumb shit in front of the customers? Oh no, hun, that shit don't fly with me.

I don't hate Scythes or anything. I was primarily just using it as an example of something I see alot of people want for the sheer reason that they find it generically cool. Basically, when someone wants to shove it into a game for that reason alone, despite it being something that doesn't fit inside of the game world, nor would it even work well in the gameplay.

I used Scythes cause I see the topics mentioned above in forums for every damn game that's got multiple weapon types.

On that note, I think the standard longsword should be abolished.

Well.... let me rephrase that. If I were to design a game, multiple weapon types would include only exotic, uncommon stuff, not the JRPS staples of Longsword, Greatsword, and (ugh) the Katana.

Yea, people making topics just to see if there's some type of Katana in a game is another thing I see alot of. Not quite as common as Scythes and some form of Dual Wielding, but definitely up there.

Delayed onset muscle soreness/DOMS, I upped my workout routine since I was talking into a bunch of "survival marathons" that are coming up in the upcoming months ( Run for your Lives: Zombie Marathon, Spartan Race and a few local "I clearly hate myself, so lets go running, swimming and biking" marathons ). Every few days I need to stop moving and just lay down so my body can restitch itself.

Friend came over earlier and asked me how I was feeling, in true fashion I yelled at her, "THE PAIN" . . . she didn't get the Dune reference. :(

I have to laugh about that @ vita. I would have understood the pain but missed the referrence myself!
topic: People who blame others for their mistakes whether they be omissions or run of the mill goof-ups. Or...go so far as saying that the other person is a problem, or trying to make enemies, if you correct them (even gently). What's that got to do with YOUR mistake? Where'd that even come from? 0.0

Temptationist said:
I hate when people pester you for a starter, then once you finally send it, they take like 6 fuckin' days to answer it. -_-
I have a few on my buddy list like that, but then I think they only have the week-end to reply, so I tend to let that slide. Plus rl has a bad habit of rearing its ugly head at the oddest times.

Temptationist said:
I hate when people pester you for a starter, then once you finally send it, they take like 6 fuckin' days to answer it.

-_-

Hah, ironic =P

I hate when a job gets you as new labor and runs your ass into the ground because they think you've got no where else to go.

(Temp at a factory job, required to do six days a week, night shift, no extra pay for said night shifts)

Getting a call every five minutes to listen to someones droning progress. . . dude, I don't give a fuck, get your shit done and GTFO.

This woman who comes into my work. She doesn't particularly bother me, it's that she either doesn't wear a bra or wear a really shitty one because her LARGE BOOBS SAG to the bottom of her ribcage.

to all of you that said heat and humidity a big hug...cause I definately hear you there. When it's been raining in southern Ohio during the day...the humidity gets unbearable afterwards. You could boil an egg on the soaked sidewalk!

When someone on a forum gets high and mighty about a petition they start, or are apart of.

What I'm talking about is when people make an internet petition for something and when someone inevitably mentions that it likely won't work.......the poster of the petition gets all kinds of butt hurt and goes on a tirade about how they're trying to do some big service for everyone and that anyone who doesn't agree isn't a true fan of the subject of the petition.

My most recent run in with this was from a group called Project Chrystallis which was a group of people that were trying to get Squenix to localize the PSP game Final Fantasy Type-0. While I didn't join them or anything, I didn't mind them.....at first as the game does look pretty cool. But.......it didn't take long for the group to turn annoying by posting multiple topics trying to get people to join them on any forum on GFAQs that was even slightly related to Final Fantasy series in some way.

Then, when some people started wishing them luck but saying that their efforts likely wouldn't work, they started pulling what I mentioned above, turning into douche bags who acted like they were doing some huge service to gamers everywhere and anyone who didn't support them were just morons with no taste in games.

Took a step higher in doucheyness when they started talking about this big event they had in the works, with them making it sound like it was some full proof plan that would 100%, without fail, make Squenix decide to localize the game. What was their big, master plan?......Spam Squenix on Twitter. And.......they fell flat on their damn faces. They were disorganized as hell, not many people particpated, and ended up accomplishing the oppostie of what they wanted. They just ended up ticking off a ton of FF fans on Squenix's Twitter with their piss awful spam attempt.

I don't know if the group's still up and around anymore elsewhere, but it's dead on GFAQs. But as I said, I certainly wouldn't mind having the game localized, and didn't mind the group at first, but it didn't take long before they started acting like their little fan effort was some grand crusade.

Stupid, hipster, Tumblr, role-playing bullshit. I haven't role-played in months, but just thinking about that role-playing community bugs the living hell out of me.

Little things that bother me -> One that absolutely bothers me is when you're watching a great TV show and then there's adverts :'( Except, these aren't any ordinary adverts -> Instead they're obscenely long. I can't stand them, they absolutely, positively do my head in :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom