Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Scars of War: The Long Road Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was in full swing one moment, fighting as hard as he could. He was no longer the trained killer that training was supposed to have made him made, he fought like a wild man, clawing, scratching, biting, kicking, thrashing, all done in a feral style brought on by terror. Then it happened. He felt a dull impact in his arm, something cold pouring into him. His head turned immediately, his fighting stopping as he looked towards Ghost depressing the plunger, sending the drugs into his body. His breathing steadied, his heart slowed down as the drugs started to effect him. His eyes half closed, he muttered one last thing as his mind drifted away.

"Hide..."

He was out for the count, completely unaware of th world around him, of the orders to kill him, the gagging, the mutiny forming.

The guns shots out side seemed to be loud, Angel's voice coming across the radio, "We're not fucking alone out here either. Theres a dead rebel corpse at my feet, and as far as I know, I never kill my enemys. Someone's here, Ghost." Could it be the one she saw on her scope, most likely not. She knew what she saw, she knew what she missed. "I don't think so girl." Not really knowing Nadira name, "If it was Reinforcements there would have been a helicopter, something more then just one dead body. But I don't think were alone."

Yet it did not take Spaight's voice long ring in her ears, mouth opening to say something only to find Parker standing up for her. And doing something less the wise...putting a gun to Spaight's head. "PARKER PUT YOUR GUN DOWN!" How crazy could this group get, "No one is shooting anyone got it. Now put down the damn gun!" Her orders where clear, to try and get everyone back alive. She was not going to kill Markstrom or let anyone else do it. She was not going to let Parker kill Spaight, or Spaight kill Parker. Her rifle swinging upward to knock Parker's gun upward and out of Spaight's face. Yet as she did so she heard something....the same thing she heard the day before. Something was not right and maybe Markstorm as crazy as he was knew something they did not. Maybe someone was following them, maybe a set of eyes where watching them. Remembering the last word Markstorm said "Hide..."

Knowing one of the two would try and say something she would call out "Shut up. I think I heard something...." just as that person would go to talk. Walking toward the broken window and looking out. Again she heard someone start to talk, "I said shut up I'm trying to...."

That gun shot was loud, very loud. It meet the gunmen was near, closer then most would have thought. Spaight had asked her what she saw in her scope only about an hour ago. Maybe she should have told him. What she saw was not an enemy troop. It was another sniper looking dead at the building they where in. It was the reason she wanted to get everyone out fast, why she wanted Angel to come back. Hand moving to her right shoulder as she looked down at it. Blood was dripping down her arm threw the blouse she wore. Maybe Parker would get his wish as she looked back at the two fighting men. All over that young crazy soldier....but now would Spaight want to put her down to. Her knees giving way as she fell to her knees, her body screaming in pain even if her lips never moved. Her eyes saying it all as she fell to the ground fully once her knees hit it first.

The sniper that had shot already gone, no need to waist time going after a shadow. Not now at less....they needed to find a medic. A hopeless task in this empty war torn city.

Alanna St. Clair heard yelling comming from another part of the building.. She had gotton seperated from everyone and was terrified if it was rebels that might yelling.. she eeped at the gunshots.. Trembling int eh bushes.

"Shit," Spaight growled as he nelt over Ghost and started to put pressure on her wound. "Damnit... We don't have painkillers. Give me those spiderwebs. Don't just stand there damn it. I need those spiderwebs to help with the clotting, or she will bleed to death."

"I'll deal with you later Parker," he said looking at the man who had held a gun on him. "By the UCMJ what you did was a hanging offense. Just as this attempted munity was. Now get your heads out of your asses and get moving. I need those cobwebs, and I need them now. You want to carry Markstorm, then you carry him. He's YOUR responsibilty. But you will carry all your gear as well. Nothing we need is to be left behind."

"As for you," he said looking at Teyha. "I am in charge here. It's my job and mission to get the majority of people in this unit back home in one peice. I was a damn medic before I became a commando. If something has to be amputated to save the life of your patient. Then you do it. I dont believe in abortion. never have. But if that is the only way to save the life of a mother in a situation like this. Then I do it."

"Markstorm has not only lost it.. He's become a THREAT to everyone here. Open your eyes. Not leaving a man behind is all well and good. But in this situtaion. It's more than warrented. I've been doing this for over a decade. I didn't get this rank for no reason. When I came down ehre and saw that Ghost hadn't relayed my orders. I was pissed. And gave the same orders I had given her to Parker."

"This is not the time to deal with your fucked up shit," he said looking at Parker. "Get these people ready to move out. That sniper has been hunting Ghost. It's the only answer... She was the only one shot. When there were easier targets here. Like you... You were the closest to the damn window. As was you," he said to Teyha. "She was the hardest shot in the room. It was her he was after."

"Come on Ghost, Don't loose focus here." he said focusing back on Ghost. He looked into her eyes as one hand kept appling pressure to her wound and his other hand stroked her hair. "Talk to me.. Keep your eyes on me. And talk. Tell me your favorite color. Your favorite food... Anything. Just talk and keep your focus on me... Don't let yourself loose conciousness..."

((Dose a quick post to seal the story line and order will start once again. This time we will try to stay on track))

She was a little dizzy from the pain, but she could still hear load and clear. "I'm more focused then you think....more focused then you." Her words where bitter. Her eyes where on him, oh where they on him. With a look that could kill, "I may be wounded but I'm still in charge. Looks like your the only one that dose not agree. Hell Parker wants me dead and still rather me over you. I don't know what it is but you can't seem to think clear, look at you your panicking over this little scratch." It was not really a scratch, the gun wound threw and threw. "Get Angel back here, someone get that radio. That sniper is still out there."

"And shut up....I'm tired of your bitching." A small smile on her face, ballys as ever it seemed.

Angel had been oddly silent for a while, since the moment he spoke to ghost last, no one heard a breath from him over his radio. He couldnt speak, hell, he couldnt breathe. A single sound would have cost him his life as he boldly approaches the rebel screams. He heard all the shots and gunfire, It did not stop him from moving forward. Someone was there and by god he was about to go find him. Finally he reached what he had hoped for, the man ducking behind the broken stones was about to get shot and killed. He did not have time to see weather he was a rebel, or who the men shooting at him were.

Angel stepped through the bushes quietly, silently shooting through the grass and rubbel towards the man. He saw the soldier thaught to be dead rise, bullet proof vest? he thaught the same thing. Angel roughly bit his lip as he ran out of time, Recklessly he dived for the soldier, taking a hold of his leg as he falls, and twisting It violently, breaking the soldier's ankle. Not a moment later, his smacked the soldier roughly at the back of his neck, He hit the medula, the base of the brain. The soldier was as good as dead, and Angel crawled by the mysterious man, taking cover under a broken stone.

He turned his head to glance at Alexi for a single moment, before snatching out a clip for his gun, and loading his UZI. "I dont know who the fuck you are, what you want, or how In the hell you thaught you could out-stealth the Army's best reconnisance officer. But get your ass up and help me get those assholes down before we get shot. everything Is going to hell, and Im not letting anyone die."

Before the man could even respond, Angel was up and crouching, sprinting once again recklessly towards the men, It really was just how he worked. His knife rolled over his finger a moment as he snuk up behind one of the rebels, managing to escape his gunfire before stabbing the man In both feet and arms, cutting off sevral of his Limbs. All seemed to be going well, all he needed was the stealthed man's help. But nothing Is this simple, Disaster had struck, Angel did the only thing he wasnt supposed to do, He flinched and paused for a moment as he heard Ghosts' scream across the radio. That ONE moment screwed him over as the two remaining soldiers turned their attention to him and fired. He grunted loudly as he dived behind yet another broken stone, His only hope was that man was good enough at what he did to take the soldier out before they killed him. His upper arm was already drenched In red, but the pain did not even strike his mind, Adrenaline coarsed throughout his entire body as he held on to his knife for his life.

He pressed under his ear with his un-injured hand lightly, managing to somewhat queue In, Ofcorse all they heard was the loud gunfire, his voice was barley audable. "Im shot" he managed to yell out to them "Its my arm, fuck! Of all the fucking time to get shot by a sniper Ghost! why did it have to be now!" he yelled at her just In abit of an Adrenaline rush, all his hopes resting on the mysterious man's shoulders.

Nadira finished securing the gag around the insane soldiers mouth, and made sure the knot was in place before raising. She was just rising to her feet when she heard a gunshot. She looked up in shock in time to see Ghost falling to her knees, blood already soaking through her blouse. Spaight was the first to move, and trying to stop the bleeding while defending his own actions and throwing out threats to any who would listen.

But Nadira was too busy to listen to his childish rants. She grabbed Teyha by the arm , motioning for her to be quiet as she moved to the corners to gather the cobwebs. Teyha shot the commander one last venomous look, but set to work all the same. "Stay here, I might have something for our new commander." Nadira told Teyha, waiting to see that she continued working, and moved quickly to her pack, She rummaged inside to see what her mother might have packed, and smiled when she withdrew a small green package. She opened it to peek inside before crouching low, and moved to Ghost, extending it. "White willow bark." She whispered, while pushing the webs she and Teyha had gathered towards Spaight with a weighted look.

It was then that she heard Angel's voice fill the room again through the radio, and her eyes grew wide at the message. Oh she didn't agree with him yelling at Ghost for being shot, but that wasn't what made her hesitate. Angel had been wounded, and of all the people in this group, he was the last one she wanted to see hurt.

(sorry about the delay, my power went out...mid post, no less. Bleh)

Americans, they were all the same. Their ideal of stealth seemed to be carrying as much firepower as possible and getting a shot off first. Alexi wasn't really that surprised to see the fool get himself shot. Nothing silent about what he was doing when he came up to them.

Still, he said he was going to push them in the right direction. So that's what he was going to do, he swung out of his cover and flicked his 74 to single shot, a salvo of accurate shots stitched across the pair as they slumped down in pain. Alexi stalked forward as he reloaded again and put a pair of bullets in their chests to make sure they weren't getting back up before he finally slung his rifle over his shoulder with a sigh and headed to the 'stealth expert'.

"On your feet." He said, his English heavily accented, but decently understandable. "Try not to make so much noise this time, da?" He said, grabbing him by his good arm.

Alanna was very scared by thsi point, so many enemies runnign around.. she had no idea who was relaly friend or foe.. She did scream rather loudly when she saw the shadow of a person running by, thinking it to be an enemy.

Parker knew he’d crossed a line but he didn’t care. Not in that moment, his brain on overload, his emotions shot to hell, his anger lashing out at anyone and everyone. He didn’t really think he’d pull the trigger but he was still thankful when Ghost swung her rifle up and knocked his gun up and away from Spaight’s head. A stupid move really, as jittery as he was right then, the hit could have caused his finger to jerk and his gun to fire, but thankfully it didn’t. He’d have to thank Ghost later for stopping him from doing something he might regret, though he might have to do it from behind bars. Assuming he survived the next few days at all of course. Shaking his head, his gun falling to his side, he turned and saw Ghost silencing everyone.

What happened next stunned him. First, a crack of a rifle shot. Then Ghost falling, clutching at her bloody shoulder. Spaight went for Ghost and started working on her wounds while also yelling at him for his actions. Parker ignored that shit, there wasn’t time for it, especially since he wasn’t in charge any more. When he heard Ghost’s voice, he let out a breath he hadn’t even realized he’d been holding, then told Teyha and Nadira to pack up what they could and be prepared to move out immediately. He flinched a little as the next round of shots rang out, followed by Angel’s frantic call, drawing a smile to Parker’s lips. So much for stealth. Turning to the women, he signaled that he was heading for the stairs. “I’ll be right back – need to make sure the way is clear. Pack up and be ready to move on my signal.” He slid down the stairs then, heading for the doorway to outside, radioing Angel at the same time. “Angel – deal with the pain and bring it in quietly. We’re moving out.” That done, he slipped outside, crouching and moving, making sure the way was clear.

The scream that broke the night scared the crap out of him and he dropped to the ground immediately. Turning to the sound, he crawled forward slowly, realizing there was a woman out here somewhere. “Keep quiet” he called softly towards the area where the scream had come from. “I’m with the American forces. I’m coming to get you.” He hoped she’d be smart enough to keep quiet and let him approach and bring her to safety.

Teyha didn't say anything to Spaight's ramblings, honestly one look at Nadira's face hushed anything she might have said. She let the woman lead her over to the corners and they began to gather the spider webs. Teyha made a face but followed along all the same, desperate to help Ghost however she could... But she really disliked spiders. She tensed anytime anything around her moved and she resisted the urge to rub her arms. They tingled some, as if something was crawling on them, but she knew well enough that was just her nerves, so she simply finished gathering what she could find, and moved back beside Nadira, Ghost, and the former commanding officer.

"What else do you need to help bandage Ghost up?" Teyha asked Spaight softly as she extended the webs. "I don't know if I can find moss in this building..." She broke off at a feminine scream that tore through the air, blinking as she moved to look out the window, only to see nothing that might be overly alarming. She shook her head slightly and turned back. "Is there anything in the medical pack we can use?"

(Blech post -_- Sorry))

DareToDream said:
The scream that broke the night scared the crap out of him and he dropped to the ground immediately. Turning to the sound, he crawled forward slowly, realizing there was a woman out here somewhere. “Keep quiet” he called softly towards the area where the scream had come from. “I’m with the American forces. I’m coming to get you.” He hoped she’d be smart enough to keep quiet and let him approach and bring her to safety.

She silenced herself when she heard the male.. speaking softly.. "a-american? you are friend.." She gladly kept silent and still.. the young Med student was happy to o bey an American solider.

((Onica told me to post this to speed up the story some and bring Asuarah into the fold then Skelace should post next))

She silenced herself when she heard the male.. speaking softly.. "a-american? you are friend.." She gladly kept silent and still.. the young Med student was happy to o bey an American solider.

Parker heard her voice, pitched low to avoid detection and continued towards the bushes he'd heard it come from. Reaching them, he crouched down. "Yes, American" he murmured. "Let's get you into the building quickly and safely." He motioned her out and then led her back to the safety of the building.

As the firefight waged on, Nataca hid behind some rubble in a nearby building not wanting to be noticed till she saw a who was exactly fighting. She put her hands over her ears trying to drone out the shots. Her only desire was that whoever came out of the battle would be willing to take her safely away from this city. As far as she was concerned she was ready to join the rebel army if they let her out of this hell hole. Cringing as she heard the familiar sounds of people dieing she looked out to see the change of the battlefield. As she saw the familiar wear of American troops, without thinking she let out a shout of joy, "Americans!" Realizing the battle was not over she ducked behind her rubble again hoping she would not receive unwanted attention.

Her arm hurt, and it was not like she didn't know why. Watching the girl's gather spider webs and digging threw bags to try and help her. Spaight trying to stop the bleeding and using what the girl's gave him to do it. Her eye sight seemed to come and go, but for the most part she looked like she was fighting threw it. "Whats the White willow bark for?" Asking Nadira, seeing it in her hands. Not knowing what it was for, just repeating the name of the bark she heard. Head rolling back some when she heard that Angel had been shot. But calmed some when Parker grabbed the radio and told him to get back.

The scream from outside made her jump some, not as focused as she should be. Trying to flow Parker with her eyes as he left to go find who ever made the nose. Returning her glaze to the ones' that where helping her. "Today is just not our day humm?"

Time seemed to pass by slowly, surely the hour was up and she knew Crazy would be waking up soon. But the drugs in his system would keep him calm for the most part. Keep him from screaming and causing more problems. Watching the door some at the three messed with her arm. Seeing the shadow of Parker and another coming into view of the door way.

(Jumped some so Arc can come back in)

Angel listned to the wild fire as the man actually did what he asked, soon the rebels had been shot, and walked up to to be shot once again, Realizing It was finally safe to stand, he slipped out of the cover of the broken stones shielding him from the bullets, only to be pulled up by his other arm and getting told not to "Make so much noise." His eyes darted to the Russian man, tilting his head, he flashed him an akward smile, completley unfitting for the situation "Well, I guess I owe you my life, and a thank you." But ofcorse, an Instant afterwards he snatched away his arm from the russian's grip, and pointed the UZI straight at his face. "But I regret to Inform you that there Isnt enough time. Get your ass walking, about 30 meters to the left. Im taking you back to base...If you can call that a base."

Angel poked the man In the forhead with the tip of his UZI, edging him to move forward as his arm still bled, yet somehow he managed to lift It just enough to queue Into the radio "Angel reporting." He said In abit of a rushed tone. "The yard rebels are clear, we should give a big thank you to Mr.Soviet here, Im heading back to base with a present, expect new company." And with that he queued out, his arm had given In to pain but his face was still straight, his UZI's gunpoint never leaving the back of the Russian's head.

"And by the way." He talked facing the man, making sure he queued out of radio "It wasnt me with all that noise, Like hell I'd be screaming so loud approaching a stealth and assasinate objective, regardless, It was too late to be a Ninja, just keep your ass moving, we're going to run Into some shit again soon, you better pray you die here cause I dont think whats coming Is gonna be any prettier than this." Angel was honestly abit pissed he was "Outshined" and shot, but he was at fault regardless, heading back to base he sighed, picking up his pace, there was a sniper around here after all.

An unsurprising development, but one that he took in stride. There was little more he could do with a gun in his face. But still, he made his way with a chuckle. Ah, ever the sour grape wasn't he? No matter, this made his day easier if this American was going to lead him right to the base.

It was of no real consequence, they had been followed ever sense they went into this city. The Russian war machine thrived in environments like this, the years of Chechnya taught him that much. Still, an impressive feat that they had managed to make this far before they could finally risk an attack.

"I'd appreciate it if I didn't have a gun at the back of my head." He remarked idly. "If I wanted to kill you, I would have. You don't think they know where you are?"

"My Job is simple Ghost," he said as the cobwebs started to clot the entry and exit wounds. His fingers easily checked her shoulder blade and he visibly relaxed when he felt that it hadn't been shattered. "If you really think a through-and-through is a scratch you need your head examined. You lucked out... It didn't shatter your shoulder blade. If it had you'd be so damn screwed Ghost. As it is... we need a damn doctor to make sure you dont have worse internal damage."

"The bullet went all the way through," he explained as he looked around. "We will need some more cobwebs... Alot more. We're going to have to use them every time we change the bandage until the clotting has fully taken hold. If you look around for some moss on the first floor you should find some. In dark and wet places. If we have that moss we can use that as well because it'll speed up the healing and can act as a bandgage when we've run out of compresses."

"I need you to cough for me..." he said softly. "I have to see if you have any blood in your suptum... Because if you do... You have damaged your lung."

After she caughed for him, he smiled as he took some plastic out of the first aide kit along with some tape to cover the entrance and exit wounds with their bottoms still open so that the blood could seep out will not allowing air to get into the wound to possibly collapse her lung when he sat her up.

"Good, there's no blood." he said as he started to immoblize her arm. "But I'm not going to take any risks. You have really lucked out. But you're no where out of the woods yet. We need a damn doctor. I can stablize you. But that's all i'm good for when it comes to medical maters anymore. I've not requalified for anything else since I became a Spotter."

"Keep her sitting up," he said looking at the two women as he wiped his face. "You have to keep the wound above her heart. If you don't... she can bleed to death. Also keep an eye on her... Ask her questions every... Five minutes. Something that will keep her mind focused. If you have to slap her to keep her awake... Do it. She could have hit her head on the way down and gotten a concussion."

Parker stopped inside the doorway and looked at the young woman. "You're a medic?" he asked. When she gave a slight nod of her head, he pointed to the 2nd floor. "A woman was shot in the shoulder by a sniper. Through and through I think but she might need some help. No one with us has anything other than basic medical experience." He almost added that their last medic was killed in an ambush but he thought better of it. No sense scaring off this medic if they could avoid it. "Come on, I'll take you up." They climbed the stairs together, exiting onto the second floor.

He took a moment to survey the scene. Markstrom was still out but not for long. Teyha was working with Spaight to take care of Ghost and Nadira was guarding the window. Moving them forward and stopping at Ghost’s side, he glanced at Spaight, not entirely sure where things stood between them now, and simply nodded. Glancing down at Ghost, he gripped her leg lightly and squeezed it. "I brought you a medic. Don't you dare die on me now or I'll be pretty pissed. Killing you is my job." The last was said with a grin so she’d know he was joking. “I’m going back out to meet up with Angel.” Turning to the medic, he said “take care of her. She’s leading us now.” With that, Parker turned and slid back down the stairs and into the night, searching for Angel.

His eyes fluttered open. There was no sense of grogginess, he came out of it clean. His body felt heavy, his arms and legs refused to move at first. He struggled just to lift his hand a few inches off the floor where he laid, forgotten by everyone. Or at the very least he realized, no longer smothered by the woman. A few more breaths, and he could feel his hands starting to move again. He could close his fist and release. His leg moved slightly. Another few more breaths, and he rolled onto his right side.

"Ich werde so verhungern lassen, was müssen wir essen?" he spoke softly and slowly, a thick european accent in his words. He struggled to get his hands under him, pushing himself up into a sitting position with what seemed to be a great effort, his upper body trembling with the energy he had to put into his doped up muscles before he got himself upright.

Nadira simply smiled. "For the pain." She tolg Ghost, and the package still entended in her hand. It was an ancient remedy for pain, one that some western pain relievers were based off.

Teyha was opening her mouth to respong to Staight, but a noise drew her attention away. Parker entered again, this time another frightened looking woman in tow. Teyha stayed silent for a moment as he spoke. Her lips twitched upwards for a moment at the joke, and she shook her head, wondering if this was really the time or the place for such morbid humor... Before deciding it was exactly the kind of leveity that the situation needed.

He turned to leave, sliding down the stairs again to continue his search outside. "Well, now we have an actual medic." Teyha whispered, moving back to the let the woman have room next to Ghost. She watched carefully, waiting for the medic to give her instructions, not even noticing as the insane man she tried to restrain earlier was awake and moving again.

Nataca looked back over the rubble, seeing the American alive, she smiled. It was about time she got a break. She thought long and hard about approaching them worried that they would shoot her in sight considering the screams being thrown back and forth across the field. Eventually she decided if she was shot it was better than just staying out in city without food or water. She stood up put her hands behind her head and walked slowly after those entering the base.

She coughed, and did what she was told as her wound was checked out and patched up. Not saying much, not yet any ways. Doing her best to act the pain did not bother her, hand shaking as she tried to take the package from Nadira. Jumping slightly as she heard a different language enter the room. Eyes shooting to the man she had knocked out, "He's up.....was that German?" Of course Ghost did not speak it so she did not really understand what Daniel had said. But he seemed some what calmer then he was before. Hell his talking in a different language caught her so off guard she did not even notice Parker walk into the room with a new girl.

Not paying any mind to him until he said, "Don't you dare die on me now or I'll be pretty pissed. Killing you is my job." She could not help but laugh which soon ended in a little moan of pain. "I don't die that easy now. I have to make sure you guys don't kill each other after all." Looking over to the new girl and offering her a small smile....if it could even be called a smile. "She's a medic? She doesn't even look like she is out of school yet..." Her last words not to kind but she would take what she got. Watching as a second girl entered the room, "And who is she Parker?"

She knew he had to see her enter the door, because she did so just as he was walking out to found Angel.

Angel rolled his shoulder lightly as he kept walking with the russian across the field, slowly but steadily heading back to base. his arm was getting number and weaker, he lost abit too much blood than needed. Angel pierced his lip lightly with his teeth to get over his state of mind, He was not about to become another liability to the group, they already had enough dead weight and chaos. He tore his bullet proof vest off and threw It away, then doing the same with a small cloth than hanged from the vest, a small reminder of home. His ears perked as the man spoke, raising an eyebrow at his words. Could he really risk taking gunpoint down? He knew he needed to for atleast a few short moments. "One move, and I will shoot you faster than you can take three steps." and with the fair warning, he lowered his gun and grabbed the piece of cloth, wrapping It tightly around the open wound.

after a few more minutes of walking, they finally reached the base, or whatever was left of It. They climbed up the bit of broken stairs, the party's voices echoed thoughout the building. They reached the floor and Angel bumped lightly Into parker as they met right at the door. "Geez, you guys are so loud we heard you a building away." he said abit synicaly, knowing he wasnt too quiet himself. He turned and grabbed the Russian man by the collar, he was a little tense and so not exactly In his "nicest" mood. He pulled him Into the room past parker, as the man stumbles In. Angel followed and dropped his UZI on the floor, finding the nearest wall and sitting, back to It.

He tried as best as he could not to look drained, but he had been bleeding for a significant amount of time, never the less he put his head up, looking ateveryones actions as he bled. "This Is our "Little saviour" that was taking down rebels, we havent had a chance to get aquinted yet, but I owe him my life, sort of. Dont be too harsh on he guy." And with that he lowered his head, catching his breath for a moment. "Ill be fine, just get your shit together and lets get moving."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom