Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Scars of War: The Long Road Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was shaking, Ghost found herself shaking and her hand only inches from her side arm as Parker snapped at her. Not moving until he moved off to start cooking. Giving her head a good shake as she looked around to see where everyone one was. He was going to really kill her if something had not gotten is attention. Trying to take a few calm breaths to act like the other cpl did not shake her, but after three breaths her breathing started to quiver some.

_________

Ghost sat alone for the most part, waiting for the food to be finished so she could grab a plate and bring up to Spaight like she had been told. Looking around as soon as she got up there, her rifle still on her back. It was only when she put the plate of so called food down would she take off the rifle and take a set next to her higher up. Listening to what he had to say before nodding, taking what looked like to be bread from a MRE off is plate. She had not eaten yet, braking the bread in half and taking a bit of the Master Sgt's food. They had to say she had more balls then most.

"I can deal with Parker, I can deal with Daniel....what I can't deal with is sleeping with you. Because if I do that even after everything calms down about my fuck up those men down there are still going to look at me funny. Think that I have some kinda finger wrapped around something and so on and so forth. I can't deal with that. I can make up for what I did but not like that." Eyes looking at the thick doey bread before putting it back down.

"And do you really think I moved because I just felt like it. I heard something, what was I going to do just lay there with my gun up my ass waiting around for what ever made that sound to stop? Come on what if it was the enemy coming up from behind. I was not just going to let them knife my ass. You know me better then that, if I moved I did it because it was in the best of interest." With that she got up and walked back to where she set her gun, "I'll take my ass beating from Parker. I'm sure someone has some kinda sleeping pills....so I'll drug Daniel. And I don't think those two girls like you very much."

Angel seemed to replace his usual lazy, uncaring expression with a saddned one. He stood there, back against the wall. Hearing what the Matser Sargent was saying made him feel sick. Perhaps he was the only one not directly thinking about savagely raping the women In the party.

"I cant believe this" he manages to mutter out. Eyes on Teyha as she offred to help with the cooking, flashing her a smile. Before walking over next to Nadira, and taking a seat beside her. Resting his gear on the floor next to him.

His eyes avert to his pouches. Reaching into the most secure one, he pulls out what normally people would think to be something Extremley Important for survival. Instead he pulled out a book, Ironicly to all, A romance Novel.

"What wrong has she done to be taken so lightly?" He motions with his head towards Nadira " Like an Insect to fuck every time we get bored?..Does she have no say?" It seemed he was adressing himself and room, more than he was master sargent. Perhaps him and Teyha were the only ones with not such cruel Intentions towards their own party. He seemed to think they were no better than the people they were trying to kill.

Parker turned when the woman named Teyha offered her help and gave her a small smile. The anger he had been feeling in those heated moments, where he almost threw away everything he stood for, was slowly fading and her kind words helped banish them further. Inclining his head towards her, he nodded. “Thank you” he said. “Why don’t you start getting some water boiling so we can get some of this food cooked up. It’s been a long day and no doubt everyone is hungry.” Between he and Teyha, it wasn’t long before the food was cooked and put on plates. Looking over at Ghost, his eyes narrowed and then he took a deep breath. Turning to Teyha, he handed her a plate. “Can you please take this to Ghost? I’m afraid if I go over there, I’m going to do something I’ll regret.” When she took the plate, he quickly passed out the rest of the food and collapsed on the floor, closing his eyes. He’d heard what the Master Sergeant said about the women too and that rankled him to no end. They were supposed to be protecting the women, not using them as slaves. Hell, the last thing he wanted right now was another woman. Still agitated, his nerves jumping, he did what he always did when he needed to relax. He began to field strip his M16, cleaning it and putting it back together. And then he did it again.

"Price of Glory. Folley of Pride," Daniel spoke up again, without missing a beat in his mutterings. He stopped tapping his pistol, and he finally pulled what he was looking for out of his jacket. Something black, something that was probably a rodent of some kind, though it had been charred to the point of being unrecognizable, though Rat or Squirrel was a good guess. He still was muttering as his hand snapped a bone within the creature, drawing it up towards him. The rations, whatever was put out for him, if anyone did, was ignored. He always ignored the rations for some reason, leaving them for whoever needed, or was desperate enough, to take a second helping. He started gnawing away at the creature, eating it guts and all, snapping and gnashing the whole time, the only thing that broke his ramblings being his feasting.

He finished the animal quickly, nothing was left, no bones, skin, organs. He pushed himself up onto his feet, shaking the whole way. His mutterings turned loud again, "The Eyes see the False Prophet. The rain comes, no hiding, no hiding. Must rip down," he started muttering again, his trigger finger was twitching, his right hand drew up close to his chest, his arm tight against his body. He was starting to pace back and forth, covering a rough five foot path along the wall. His eyes kept looking up the stairs, where Ghost had taken the meal.

Nadira watched all the soldiers carefully as they moved about the small room. She tensed some when the female officer was threatened by another soldier, her eyes narrowing on the man as she tensed completely from head to toe. She sank down against the wall, wishing she had some kind of weapon to defend herself with, but there was no protection for her in this group.

She heaved a small sigh, and watched the petite little black haired girl and the formerly murderous soldier work on dinner. For a few moments everything seemed quiet, and Nadira let her eyes close, taking in a few deep, calming breaths as she struggled to maintain calm. It was easy to panic in these situations, but the wrong action now could cost her her life, and that was not something she wanted to happen.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the man as he sat next to her, talking quietly about the treatment of women. "Disgusting." She said in her native tongue she grunted softly and shook her head, before she noticed one of the soldiers moving towards her. She gave him her full attention, tracing his every move as he sank down the wall beside her, his own bitter question echoing the ones racing through her mind. "Your people have no respect for women." She said quietly, only a hint of accent in her carefully trained voice. "You come into our towns, and you see my people starving. You have money, you have food, you have power. To buy this our women must give our bodies to you. Fifteen or sixteen year old girls sell themselves for a bit of candy, or a ration of bread." She shifted slightly, "I learned your tongue to not have to degrade myself like that, but you heard him earlier. He expects us to thank you." Her expression soured briefly before she was calm again.

Teyha nodded, and helped Parker cook without another word. He seemed to have calmed down some since his outburst with ghost, but was still jumpy enough that the young woman knew better than to press the sensitive issue. She smiled at him tenderly now and then as they worked, her eyes locking onto his in a brief reassurance that everything would end alright.

When everything was cooked Parker passed the plate to her, and Teyha nodded again, accepting it with a brief nod of her head. It was wise of him to keep distance between himself and Ghost, and somewhat reassured her that whatever his actions were earlier, it was not in his nature to do normally. Silently she walked to Ghost and gave her the plate, watching as she climbed up to speak with the commander in a private conversation.

It occured to Teyha that the duffle bag she was given in the attack might contain some peices of communication equitment, and she paused, setting her plate down to move to the bag, and carefully open it to peak inside. Sure enough, there was a radio. She grabbed the equitment and as carefully slung it over her shoulder, and moved to the ladder.

She climbed up carefully, gripping the bars tightly as she moved. Oh she hated heights, but wanted to help the operation however she could. "Sir?" She asked softly when she reached the top, but as usual her quiet voice didn't seem to be noticed, and she found herself listening to the tail end of a very awkward conversation. "You can't!" She gasped, nearly losing hold of the bars with a slight yelp. "Miss Ghost is your subordinate!" She said in a hushed voice, so no one below could hear her talking. "Asking her to sleep with you is a crime, bribing her, threatening her... Lay one finger on her and when we get out of here you'll find yourself in jail so fast your head will spin!" She set her jaw stubbornly when she was done, silently adjusting the equipment as best she could without letting go of the ladder rung. Her own court-marshal was earned because of her tongue after all, refusal to back down from a situation when she likely should have.

((I can't win for losing with this post! Here, edited again.))

(OOC: no one can hear what's being said on the steeple... please don't use PLAYER knowledge for CHARACTER Knowledge...)

Spaight looked at Ghost and sighed. "Look," he said. "I don't care if anyone likes me or not. My job is to get everyone home. If they think I'm saying to have sex... That's their problem. I'm wanting them to work together to get shit done. And maybe. Just maybe... For the ladies to realize that the soldiers lives are being given to keep them alive. And if that means that they take up the slack to do little jobs that the soldiers would have to do and loose sleep. Then so fucking be it."

"That's what I'm talking about," he growled. "I'm not good working around women. My job has always been out here. The only reason they gave me this damn mission was the fact i've never failed at what they assigned me. I've got a fucking offier taking orders from me. An Officer!"

"For fuck sake," he said shaking his head. "Officers are suppose to be ordering me around. Not the other way around."

"Eat this," he said pushing the plate towards her. "I'm not hungry."

"You have the watch tonight," he said looking at her. "Go downstairs and tell them that if they thought I was talking about raping the women to fuck off and eat a damn bullet. That I want the women to do the light work so the men and rest. THAT was what I was talking about."

"And tell them i don't give a fuck if they like me or not," he said seriously. "If they give me any shit, they can find their way back on their own. My job is to get as many of them back as possible."

"And then get back up here so i can show you how this shit works." he said frustrated. She could tell he was getting upset about the entire situation.

(( Yeah, there was no post saying they couldnt hear It, so It was assumed as such. disregard posts by me said about you then, what he said was now In general and not just about you~))

((OOC: thank you. Player's using Player knowledge for their characters is a major petpeve... when you're four floors away, you cant hear it.. just like if they wehre across the street.)

((OCC: you left it in your post... when he was talking to Ghost it was a whispher directly in her ear. NOT were anyone could hear it.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the commander though, and her eyes snapped open as he spoke quietly to his subordinate. "Disgusting." She said in her native tongue as she listened to him threaten the woman in order to use her body. She grunted softly and shook her head, before she noticed one of the soldiers moving towards her. She gave him her full attention, tracing his every move as he sank down the wall beside her, his own bitter question echoing the ones racing through his mind. "He has no respect for women." She said quietly, only a hint of accent in her carefully trained voice. "Many of you soldiers do not. You come into our towns, and you see my people starving. You have money, you have food, you have power. To buy this our women must give our bodies to you. Fifteen or sixteen year old girls sell themselves for a bit of candy, or a ration of bread." She shifted slightly, "I learned your tongue to not have to degrade myself like that, but you heard him earlier. He expects us to thank you." Her expression soured briefly before she was calm again.

((Please Use PMs or the other Forum to talk OOCly if you not posting. I don't want an Mod or Admin coming look in here and have a shit fit....and I'll fix it don't worry.)) ((Stop fixing your post I just solved everything with mine.....and I'm not redoing it....))

She shut up, listening to what he had to say. Knowing it would be in her best interest not to be a cocky little bitch right now, just doing as told. She knew what the job was, she had been under his command sense the start of there mission. She had seen some of the men in there group die, others joining threw group as they moved threw the city. Some of those dieing as well, but others like the little nut job in there group some how making it this far with out dieing.

It seemed that the stress of the day was starting to work at the best of them, everyone seeming on edge and angry at everyone else. It really was her fault, she knew it even if she tried to say it was not. Turning fast on her feet when she heard the girl come up the stares and start yelling at the Master Sgt. A plate of food that must have been met for here in the girl's hands. "Shut Up!" Oh god she did not need this right now. A civilian trying to save her. "I don't need you fucking help. Stick with your pay grade." Meaning that the girl had no say so it what was being said here. No telling how long she had been listening in on them, or if everyone had over heard there chat.

Hands grabbing at the civilian to turn her around, maybe giving her a push as she to start her down the stares. Grabbing her gun before she went down as well. Ghost knowing she had no place in telling anyone what anyone else thought. Eyes moving to everyone in the room, "Ya'll really thought he was going to go that far or he wanted ya'll to go that far?" The question for anyone to hear and answer. Looking back at the girl that had tried to save her but might had made things worse. Not knowing until she went back up for her watch. "And you. What my commanding officer wants to talk to me about is no of your business. I fucked up today, I'm paying for my fuck up. Talk is talk and threats are empty out here unless a weapon is pulled. You might want to learn that fast."

Angel blocked all the arguing and yelling from himself as much as she could. He was trying to fade Into the background. Not wanting too much attention to himself. There was already enough fighting, enough hatred within these people. These people that were all just tyring to get home.

He closes his book and sets It down, turning his gaze to the woman next to him, perhaps just a quiet small conversation would help him get over all the fighting and madness.
"You know.." he turns his attention fully to Nadira "Im not arguing with you that I am one of these rich people" he says regarding her previous comment to him "Infact Im one of the lucky ones..when I joined the army, It was to help people who werent as fortunate as I am..who werent so lucky to have parents that buy anything you desired simply by asking. ..Whatever you had to go through..or what youve seen your people go through to get mere food Is what I fight to prevent..but here we are, Irony seems to be as cruel as ever."

He sighs lightly, rubbing his eyes a moment, the dirt finally falling from his hair, as It was diffrent from the rest of them, Silver and sideswept. He lifts his ungloved hand and wipes a small piece of dirt from her cheek "You shouldnt have to suffer like you are." And with that he silences himself.

As Ghost's eyes passed over Daniel, he stared right back at her. His finger was still twitcing, he was still holding onto his pistol, but he froze solid in his tracks as he returned her gaze. When it passed over him to hit the others, he started pacing again. "Can you hear the Eyes?" he murmured a bit louder than his usual droning. He made his way towards one of the blown out windows in the wall, staring out into the demolished street. His empty hand braced on the window's sill, his head leaning out far, looking upwards towards the sky. His breathing started in again, getting rapid as he pulled himself back through the window. His wide open, wild eyes locked upon Ghost, "You hear the Eyes? Yes, you hear them! You know they come. But I see them!" he gestured towards his left ear as he said that last one, gestured with his pistol, and its twitching finger. This made him pause in his rambling, his head slowly turning to look at his sidearm pointed at him. His twitching stopped, and he lowered his weapon. He looked back towards the others, seeming quite tired all of the sudden, his eyelids drooping and his shoulder slumping.

"First watch... yes... first watch..." he muttered. He stumbled towards the stairs, shambling past Ghost and the others. His feet were dragging the whole way, taking the steps one at a time. "First watch... first watch..." he muttered repeatedly as he hit the second floor, and tried to find a spot to curl up and watch the world outside.

Nadira didn't say anything as the silver haired soldier next to her began to talk, closing his book as he faced her completely. She met his look full on, not angry or sad, simply curious as to his intentions for getting involved in their war. She nodded slowly, and sank back into the wall. By all means he seemed sincere enough, but that touch of supposed honesty was not enough to have let let her guard down. She tensed slightly and raised her chin as he moved his hand forward, and lightly dusted flecks of dirt from her cheek.

"War distorts people." She said at last. "It corrupts, it twists, it makes things appear different than they are." She paused for a moment, considering her wording carefully. "I know American soldiers are here to help. The rebels will do great harm to this nation if they are allowed to act freely. But the things you do when here, to the people here... It is as if you do not even see us as human."

Teyha squeaked lightly as both the commanding officer and Ghost snapped at her she unloaded the radio equipment onto the platform as quickly as she could before hurriedly descending the ladder once more, her cheeks almost glowing red from humiliation. She'll never understand the military, she decided on her way down. That this woman could be threatened by a superior, and told she would sleep with him, or be left out in the cold... And she just let it be at that? Even yelling at her for trying to defend her honor.

She reached the bottom of the ladder almost fuming herself, red from embarrassment and anger as she spun on her heel. She didn't even try to protest the fact that Ghost didn't screw up, she did her job and something happened on her watch, that was the end of it. No, if she wanted to act so ill tempered to Teyha's help, however poor it might be... Then she could handle it all on her own.

She stormed away from the ladder, and snatched her plate of food off the ground. With one last sour look up at where the commanding officer was sitting she went back to her corner, setting the duffel bag on her lap to use as a table, but she didn't feel much like eating now. Her own past experiences with sexual assault left her more sensitive to the idea of blackmail for favors than she was really comfortable admitting. "I would have killed to have someone stand up for me." She muttered darkly as she dipped her bread into the makeshift dinner, letting it soften before she tried to eat.

Spaight sighed as he leaned his head against the wall. He hated working with large groups. Working in a two man team was so damn much easier. When Ghost returned he looked at her and motioned for her to sit beside him so he could start showing her how everything worked. "it's pretty simple," he said showing her the control stations and how to monitor everything from his toughbook. "I'll be sleeping up here, if you need anything just wake me. You can finish my meal... I'm not really that hungry."

"I asked for you for two reasons," He said leaning in close as he looked into her eyes. "You are one of the best snipers I have ever seen CPL Haines. And I needed that for this mission. It's why I needed you so bad watching that door. With your gillie suit on no one would have saw you if you would have stayed put. When you moved out of position... My plan went totally to hell. If you had stayed there, you would have seen the damn insurgents closing on us. And could have given us a heads up."

"The other.." he said looking uncomfortable. "I just wanted to work with you Katie Marie. You're beautiful. Confident. And can do anything I can do. You might be alot younger than me. But I know you know alot more about things I've never taken the time to think about or learn."

"I... I aint that good with these thing," he said sighing as his hand rested on her thigh and he shifted. "I don't want us to make any noise form this position."

"Thus I sleep right here," he said laying his head on her thigh. "You need me you touch me and I'll wake up. Use hand singals to tell me what's going on. When the sun goes down, I don't want any noise giving us away."

Daniel really worried her, and she would follow him to the second floor. Watching him curl up and went over next to him, taking a knee as she touched his arm. "Hey you okay?" It would be a simple question, "Your acting crazier then normal you know that. Just breath and relax. You don't have watch tonight, I do. Need to make up for what happened today you know." Standing she would not wait for him to start muttering or really do anything. Going back toward the stairwell and turning back to him. She might as well try and play alone with him to keep him from snapping. "I'll make sure these eye things don't get you okay. Try and get some sleep."

Back to what would be her sniper nest. Seeing the Master Sgt still there she would take a seat next to him. This time keeping her rifle close, listening go on about this and that. A shocked looking coming onto her face as he said her real name. No one had called her by her name sense the war started. The other thing that shocked her was the Master Sgt was more or less emptying his mind to her. Seemed the stress of the war and being out here for so damn long was getting to everyone. Waiting for him to lay down, his head resting on her as she put up feet up on the makeshift table that held some of the gear. Flicking his nose after he was done, "Its Ghost Master Sgt. Just Ghost."

She could already tell tonight would be a long one. Taking her rifle into her arm, placing the butt of it into her shoulder and letting the muzzle rest on the edge of the steeple window. Fixing her body so that she could easy look out her scope. "Fuck my life." Nothing more then a whisper into the night.

Angel could only offer Nadira a smile as she spoke. He knew everything she said was true, and what he has done was not enough to make up for hundreds of mistakes. He takes his hand back and picks up his rations. His were a little better than her own, or for some reason It seemed like so. without a word he placed some of his food In her tray, sinking aswell against the wall, his hair falling over his eyes as he seemed abit sleepy.

"It kills me to admit It..but I know your right..I cannot make up for these peoples mistakes..we'v scarred you so much that..you cant even trust us when we come and help you..Its understandable..It just hurts when you cant even pick up a little dirt for a beautiful woman's face without risking her fearing you..Its the sins of the father. And honestly..it sucks." He gaze averts to the storming Teyha for a moment, then shifts back to Nadira, raising himself up a little more and bumping her playfully with his shoulder "But try and smile..If its any re-assurance..I promise Ill try and keep you safe to the best of my abilities."

Nadira's expression softened ever so slightly as the white haired man piled a little more food onto her tray. She wasn't entirely sure what his reasoning was, maybe a way to make up for the fact that other soldiers were so willing to let her people die, that he was showing he had the will to share? She couldn't be sure, but again she saw no reason to take the kind gesture as anything more than that. She sank back against the wall without a sound, eating slowly as he spoke.

She smiled, her eyes following the soldiers as she watched they watched the young woman storm across the room, and plop alone in the corner to ear with a frown on her face. Nadira shook her head slightly at the display before she considered how she should reply. "It is not fear." She said quietly, setting the spoon down on her tray as she raised her eyes to meet Angel's. "It is caution." She gave him a very slight smile, and bowed her head, assured that he would be able to tell the difference.

She ate for a moment more in silence, before setting the entire tray down and away. The cool night air was already beginning to bite at her, and without a word she pulled at her bag. Her mother always packed hers in the morning with anything she might need in case she could not return home before nightfall. After a brief moment of searching she pulled out a battered old blanket, worn with age but clean all the same. She draped it over herself, and tugged it to cover Angel as well. She was just setting the pack aside when a small wrapped package caught her eye, big bold Japanese lettering on the top. 'For your hard work' it read, loosely translated. Nadira looked at it curiously for a moment before unwrapping, and to her surprise found three less than perfect mochi balls inside, obviously made with the help of her younger siblings. She withdrew two, and extended one out to Angel with a tender smile before taking a bite of her own.

((Just sneaking one more post in before bed... Night everyone!))

Angel nodded lightly at her words, taking abit of a sigh himself as he stretches. feeling his eyes getting heavier by the second. but her looks up Into her eyes and smiles yet again, he hadnt felt at ease talking to anyone In this squad except for her. Yet again the Irony has struck, the person he leaned towards the most was one of the people that were being used and hurt.

"I Know..and you have every right to be cautious..but a helping hand never hurts anyone, and you have mine."
He smiles once more at her gently, and blinks a little bit when she covers him along with her with the blanket, he did not expect It in all honesty. But who was he to do anything else, It was amazing enough she had such kindness In her to forgive, let alone share and accept. Angel was growing to like her more and more by the minute.

He tucks himself Into the blanket a little kiddishly, inching closer to Nadira so they can both have an equal share of It. But he raises his hand only to take the mochi ball from her. Their hands connecting for a minute as he takes It. He hadnot ate one of those In ages, not since he was a child.

Angel takes a bite out of It aswell, but before the man could even finish It, the day had gotten the best of him. His head leans, well, almost falls on her shoulder. He had fallen asleep simply from exhaustion.

Each time Parker stripped, cleaned, and reassembled his weapon, he could feel a little bit more of the agitation that coursed through his body slip away into empty space. Every time, he relaxed a little more and kept at it. He’d learned a long time ago that repetitive tasks often eased his mind, allowing him to organize his thoughts or emotions so that he could better face the world, and right now, he needed that control restored. The anger he had felt towards Ghost in that moment had overwhelmed him, tearing his control asunder and scattering it to the winds. He had wanted to kill her, would have killed her, and that scared the shit out of him. He was not a violent man by nature, wanting to help and protect instead of hurt, but the loss of Claire had ripped a hole inside of him that would take time to heal and until it did, he’d have to be extra careful to keep control of his emotions.

Reassembling the weapon one last time, he sat back on his heels and took a deep breath then another. Looking around the room, he noted his fellow companions. Angel was talking to Nadira quietly, both huddled under a blanket, and Markstrom was pacing back and forth, muttering to himself again. He watched him carefully, making a note to keep an eye on him more as time went on. The Master Sergeant, he knew, was up on the top floor trying to radio headquarters. Ghost had ascended the steps earlier, heading that way, so he figured she was checking in per orders. He could imagine the shit she was getting now and he thought that would have made him smile but it didn’t. Deep down, he didn’t really wish Ghost harm, even if his actions earlier indicated otherwise, and no one appreciated a dressing down from a superior officer. Or at least an officer. Parker wasn’t sure Spaight could be considered superior to any of them, not with what he’d seen so far. Suffice it to say, he really wasn’t a fan of his commanding officer but commander he was so he’d follow. For now at least.

Parker looked up then as he heard footsteps on the stairs. Teyha exited first, bringing a frown to his face. He hadn’t realized she’d left the room and chided himself for that. A good soldier was aware of their surroundings always. No excuses. That made him think of Ghost again, and about how she said she’d heard a sound and went to investigate, and he shook his head. Maybe he could understand her a little better after all. He watched through hooded eyes as she exited next and had words with Teyha, then saw Markstrom slip into the stairwell muttering about first watch. Ghost followed behind him almost immediately and that caused Parker to sit up. He might be willing to understand Ghost’s actions a little better, but he wasn’t yet ready to trust her. And Markstrom was just plain insane. If either of those two were on first shift, then he was also. Grabbing his gear, he slipped over to the front wall, taking up a position near a broken window and a huge crack in the wall which gave him line of sight in two directions. He thought briefly about sleeping but knew if he tried, he’d just have nightmares about Claire’s death again, so he didn’t. Besides, he was used to going without sleep. Had been doing it most of his life. He settled in then, prepared to take on whatever came.

Nadira chewed her mochi ball for a few moments, a slight smile pulling on her lips for a moment at the sweet taste. She looked over at the silvery haired man as he ate with her, only to be surprised by his tumble over onto her, his head falling into the crook of her shoulder as his breath steadied into the rhythm of sleep. Nadira smiles slightly, and eased the mochi he hadn't eaten from his hand. She slipped it back into the package for him to finish when he woke up, setting it back into her pack.

She made sure the cover was settled back over Angel, trying not to rouse him. She rested her head against his lightly and let her eyes close. She didn't mind him sleeping against her, since it wasn't too different from her she slept with her siblings, squeezed into their tiny little apartment in the city.

By the time Teyha finished eating she had calmed down considerably. She set the duffel aside and gathered her dishes. She spent a few minutes getting together all the trays she could find on the bottom floor, and cleaned up the mess. She used as little water as possible to get it all sanitary, before setting everything aside for the night.

She stretched slightly, and ducked her head to return to her little corner. She glanced around as she moved, smiling to herself as she noticed Angel asleep on the shoulder of the young Japanese woman who had acted as a translator. Next her eyes fell onto Parker, who had finished cleaning his gun once again, and had taken to sitting next to a broken window. She considered what do do for a moment, hesitating as she watched in silence. She really wanted to help him somehow, but more often than not she ended up with her foot in her mouth... As she had when she tried to help Ghost. After a few more seconds of thinking she moved forward, cautiously. "Hey, it's Parker, right?" She asked, sitting next to the crack in the wall to keep from getting in his line of vision. She settled down, and lowered her eyes, drawing her knees up to under her chin. She wouldn't force him to talk to her if he didn't want to, but the opening was there if he needed someone to talk.

During the first hour of the night watch Ghost watched the screens and her scope, nothing had happened... Nothing came withing the range of the sensors of the Micro-UAVs or even the motion sensors. And as Spaight slept, his hand that was tucked under his head twitched off and on during his slumber. But Ghost was able to tell that he was unattentionally teasing her thigh and sex.

During the third hour, the micro-UAVs detected movement and zoomed in to show that it was nothing more than animals moving through the rubble. As Spaight had slept Ghost saw his eyes open and stare up into Ghost's eyes, but she could tell he was still sleeping... his eyes fluttered close and he went back to his sleep.

During the sixth hour, the micro-UAVs detected movement once more. And this time it wasn't animals, but a group of insurgents moving through the rubble that skirted the furthest extent of their perimeter. Ghost touched Spaight's shoulder, awaking him. He looked at her and then at the sensors and nodded. He motioned her to keep watching the sensors, and he sat up and rubbed his face and checked his watch to see how long he had slept. He looked at her stunned that he had slept so long and sighed. Spaight got with the radio and tried again to see if he could get through to their command structure and almost cursed when it was obvious that they where still being jammed.

The insurgents had not penetrated their perimeter so Spaight had Ghost remain on watch as he went down to were the rest of the men and women were sleeping. He checked to see if they had set up watches of their own and saw Parker was still awake. "Parker, there are insurgents at the furthest extent of the parimeter." he said softly as he squatted down low enough that no one else could hear them. "They have stayed out of the parimeter, but I want someone down here to know about it. So they can be able to get ready for trouble."

"Tell who ever replaces you on watch," Spaight said rubbing his face. "Just get some sleep. I want everyone rested and ready if anything comes to pass. Oh... Have the watch consist of one soldier and one of the women. I want them sharing the workload... That is what I meant when we got in here. That they do the light work so you can get some rest."

"If anyone takes advantage of these women," he said serioiusly. "I want to know about it."

After talking with Parker he headed back up to the steeple and sat down beside Ghost. "Did you see anything while I was away?" he asked whisphering directly in her ear.

Angel's eyes sprung open at the first sound of movement. The steps of MSG walking down the stairs were enough to wake him. If he wasnt on edge, he could die within seconds. That was always his mindframe.

A second before he was about to speak out something to Parker, he blinks. turning his head he notices the sleeping Nadira on his shoulder. He had forgotten he was not sleeping alone. He looked down and saw the blanket, smiling lightly as he recalls what had happned a few hours ago. The calmness has ended, the few moments of rest were spent, It was time to be on full alert once again.

Angel wraps his hand around Nadira's waist and leans her against his chest, covering her fully with the blanket as he rubs the back of his head. Ahh, there's his old habit. He looks up at parker and motions towards him with his hand, taking his attention "Ill take the next shift." he spoke a little quietly. "I suppose If he wants the women to help, she'll do some with me..but, I'd rather not wake her and just wait. Ill keep watch from here."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom