Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Scars of War: The Long Road Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onica

Star
Posting Order:
Onica
Battleship44
kikora (because she has two characters)
Broomhandle45
Spake759
Asuarah Garretson
DareToDream
ArcturusV
kikora (because she has two characters)
Skelace
Raiden

Rules- If a person as taken longer then 30 minutes (or not online) to post then you may skip them. If you know the person takes his/her time to post please give him/her the time needed.
The Posting order dose not apply when two people go off to RP one on one with in the RP. But please respect the other players wishes.
Please you the other forum to talk about what you want to happen in the story line

Southern-Beirut-war-damaged-buildings.jpg

At the end of World War III, the United States had been divided by the countries that attacked. As a result, many independent powers were established, fighting amongst each other and trying to seize control. They developed a hatred of one another, leading the country into a never-ending spiral of a civil war between the attacking countries. There goal to find and take over a weapon that started the war in the first place. Our story opens with a gang of about six American soldiers and a small group of women. The fact is that the women are under the protection of these sexually charged soldiers. The women and the soldiers are trapped in enemy territory, separated from their main force, and they must find a way to rejoin the main force -- if they are to survive the war.
Our story starts with the group of the soldiers marching, a fire fight leaving three solder's dead and Cpl Parker's girlfriend dead. The blame falling on the only female soldier of the group, Ghost. After leaving her post to investigate something, she left the only way into the building her platoon was resting in unguarded. Enemy troops quickly attacking....

_______________________​

Ghost seemed to lead the group, even if she did not want to. The other five members of her team...she could feel there eyes on her. They did not say anything to her yet, but she knew they blamed her for what had happened back there. Only about an hour back they had been attacked by some enemy troops, killing three fellow solders and one of the men's girlfriend. If only she would have stayed where she had been told to, watch her post with out moving, it would have never happened. Or at less that's what it seemed the others thought, no one saying a word or making a sound sense they had left there dead behind. It was not like they could just carry them, the dead wait would have put them in more danger then they already where.

The large sniper rifle on her back digging into her spin, but she did not dare to try and fix it yet. She could do it with out stopping but she did not want to be the one to brake the silence. Fuck no she did not want to be that one, god only knew what that would start. But she could feel it digging, even threw her uniform. Fuck it hurt....she had to. With out missing a step she made the rifle move to another area of her back, hand pulling the sling tighter so the gun would hug her body better. Making a rather loud sound as metal and cloth moved. Just as she did so hearing there Platoon leader, Master Sergeant Spaight, call out for them to take cover.

For a small woman caring a rather large gun she moved fast, swinging that rifle around to the front of her body like it was a kids toy. Seeking cover in the door way of a near by building, her just the barrel of her rifle in view as she looked threw her scopes. Finding nothing in her cross hairs as she waited for what ever or who ever the Master Sergeant saw to come into her view.

MSG Spaight moved up and searched the area before pulling her behind cover. His mouth was in her ear, "Are you trying to get the rest of this unit killed? You damn fool, I am going to punish the hell out of you for your stupidity. You just became my damn fuck toy until I say otherwise. If you don't like that, you can take it up with them. And I know they would love to come up with a way to punish you."

"Don't you?" through clentched teeth as he asked glaring at her.

Angel was already fully stealthed by the time MSG called for cover. He sneaked across the field un-seen, landing himself right behind both Ghost and MSG. His army gear was rugged, out of protocol and format. His silver hair was dirty, Mud and dirt covering his entire body as he holds both UZI's at hand. "Sir, No disrespect, but I dont think we need to lose any more goddamn people that already lost. Im pissed off as hell, but we dont need more people getting killed.", Then averts his gaze over at Ghost, with abit of a glare "And you, pay more goddamn attention! you just cost one of our men his woman, hard thing to apologize for dont you think?"

Demo took cover as the order was made. He hated wars and he always tried his best not to go to them but since he was a ranking officer he needed to go out to war. He sighed looking at them blaming Ghost, he really liked her and did not blamed her for what happened, in war some stuff happens that you cannot avoid. If she stayed she could had been killed and so would the rest of the people, in his eyes she was just being treated wrongly. Being behind Spaight he sighed and shook his head, "Stop that Spaight, you know very well there are things that happens in war. He could not hear what he was saying but he knew he was blaming Ghost for what happened, he knew Spaight was his superior officer but he felt the need to defend his friend. He had formed a friendship with ghost over the time they knew each other and he had her full support, he was showing the same thing for her. He sighed and looked around, the city was in shambles and he had a bad feeling, with the mistrust of the units it was just about time while they got killed as well.

He sighed and looked around the other end of the building they were taking cover behind, just the normal soldiers walking around but he had a bad feeling that if he shot a lot more would come out. He walked back to Spaight and talked near him, "Two soldiers, on foot heading this way". He sighed and pointed the gun at the way they were appear, since he did not received the order he won't shoot unless shot at.

Fuck she was fast to lower her weapon when her platoon leader came into her cross hairs. Maybe she would have been smarter to leave it up as he grabbed her and yanked her forward so he could talk into her ear. What the fuck did she do now, "What the fuck. You want me to shoot threw a wall Master Sgt? I have to be able to see out my scope in order to shoot someone." She though he was yelling at her for the barrel of her rifle sticking out into view. Eyes looking over to the rest of the men, trying to balance out what was bound to happen to her. She already knew she was in for an ass kicking as soon as she got alone...."I'll think I'll take my chances with the men Master Sgt."

Keeping her weapon down she would add as he pulled away, "I didn't do anything wrong back there."

"Already informed our sniper that she's NOT being stealthy as she should be," Spaight said grinning. "And told her she'll be punished for it in my own way... Get the rest of them men in that building over there. We're going to hole up for the nigth there. The steeple looks solid and has plenty of cover. We can use it to have control over this terrain until we try to get through to command..."

Then he looked at Ghost and smiled. "Really Ghost?" he asked. "You think they'll be easy on you? If you had stayed put you could have provided the cover we needed. Think about it while we're getting settled. Then come see me in the steeple."

Angel throws his hands up In the air In frustration, looking over to the location of the men described by demo. He was Indecisive, He was not given an order, but since when did he follow them anyways? Its why even though he was the best at what he does, he was nothing but a Lt. "This is bullshit" he whispers to the group "Sorry sir, but I dont plan on sitting here and listen to how your going to teach ghost a lesson, and just wait to get killed.", Breaking orders, Angel ducks and runs across the field, taking cover and stealth behind the broken stones of all the buildings that surround them. both Army knives In hand.

He turns his head and hand signals demo for cover fire If neccessary. Knowing he might not even cover him seeing that he's not following orders.

"Demo," Spaight ordered. "I want everyone to go to ground. If they've not seen us they'll pass us by. If they're on our side. We'll pull them into our command. If they aren't... Ghost will take them out with the sniper rifle."

She did not say anything else, looking back at Angel with a look that could kill her eyes. Moving only when Spaight moved out of her way. Going up to Demo and taking a knee, "Where are the two men?" She asked. Waiting for him to point them out. As soon as he did she would place to very well aimed shots. The two enemy soldiers looking like they had just been clothes-lined as the where taken off there feet with each a shot to the head. "Now what two men where you talking about Demo?" Her voice clearly sarcastic as she offer him a smile but still that look in her eyes stayed.

She would not be the first one to go into the building, mostly waiting until everyone went in before she would slowly work herself in after them. Laughing at Angel, the two men dead before he even got half way toward the two enemies.

He hadn't said anything since the attack. Something of a small miracle as those around already knew he had the tendency to mutter constantly, making this droning sound that might have been speech, but was too quiet and too poorly enunciated to possibly be undestood by others. But now, he was quiet. The man was thin, obviously malnourished, his eyes sunken back into his skull. There were bloodshot, always open, always seeming to stare right back at whoever was looking at him, whenever he looked at him. Dark circles under his yes, the man slept, but it was a fitful sleep, and seldom for more than 30 minutes, an hour before he would startle awake. He had been that way since they ran into him. Muttering, staring, sleepless.

Since the attack he was quiet. The man seemed focused. His eyes were on a swivel, looking all around, his pistol gripped tightly in a double handed hold. If one looked closely they could see his right index finger was constantly twitching, never depressing the trigger, but it was there, twitching back and forth, unconsciously it seemed.

And then the commander called for a halt. Daniel kissed the dirt as fast as anyone, huddled near the wall of the building. His head snapping left and right, looking for the enemy.

It was then he heard the comments. The blame. His eye twitched. He started muttering again. A quiet hum coming from him as the words blended together into one ceaseless noise. He looked up at Ghost and the two bothering her, his eyes wide open. He was staring again, looking right back at anyone who dared look his way. He never released his weapon, never holstered his sidearm. His finger kept twitching.

"... Hide. Hide away fast, the eyes, the eyes they coming to rain down upon us. The eyes..." his voice picked up in volume from his muttering, continuing on without missing a beat it seemed. He spoke clearly, urgently to those sitting around. He scampered up on his feet already, darting between the people, scurrying as low to the ground as he could as he went inside the building. He picked a spot as far from windows as he could, as far from any combat damage holes, in the darkest part of the building. He curled up there, knees to his chest, looking over at the group as he continued to mutter, occasionally speaking clearly to say "The Eyes".

He might be crazy, he might not. But one thing he did have a knack for was avoiding dangers. He huddled there, taking one hand off his sidearm to hold a silencing finger up to his lips, though the man still muttered away. "The Eyes."

"Oh well thats just great" Angel yelled out across the field. Certain it was safe to do so at the time since no other enemies were detected. He crouches once more and sprits back to the rest of the group, placing his knives back In their hilts and flicking Ghost across the forhead "Your not even In a position to make a single joke right now. Shit happens, but this time It happned mainly around you."

He ducked on the ground and placed his back to the wall waiting for the soldiers. He sighed and looked at Ghost, she was very pissed at the moment, they expected her to take a shot with that tension on her? things would get out of hand. He waited for Spaight to give the next order.He saw Ghost kill the soldiers and smirked, she did not lost her touch at killing at that was good. He needed to talk to Ghost later on but that could wait until they were safe . He rushed out into the building looking inside, there was nobody in sight as he pointed it was safe to the rest. He walked inside the building and looked around, his gun raised at all times ready to kill if anyone stepped out. To his surprised the building was empty, he smirked and came back out keeping a eye until the rest were inside the building.

((Indeed, five posts showed up while I was typing mine.... Or at least a "Don't post again until everyone else has posted" ethic.))

((Posting order is up....see my first post.....Hold on let DtD post before we move on.))

Teyha obeyed every command given without pause, her jaw clenched tightly shut as she tried to avoid the notice of the soldiers around her. She had not spent long under the care of this troop before the attack, and barely even knew most of their names. All the same it seemed the commanding officer put a lot of the blame on the female officer... Ghost, if she remembered correctly. She frowned slightly, concerned about just how much stress they were putting on the young woman, while expecting her to be able to function like any other soldier there. The contradiction grated Teyha's nerves, and her eyes flashed in agitation, but she didn't say anything... After all, it was her insubordination that earned her this disgraced position to begin with.

Teyha stayed close to the side of the soldiers, standing near one particularly twitchy man who started mumbling under his breath as he held his weapon up. His finger twitched over the trigger, touching it and moving away. Teyha flinched with every movement, almost positive that he would pull down at any second, and shoot at those in front of him... But it never happened, instead he started rambling about eyes, looking around the group with a mad look in his eyes as he took a fetal position on the ground, huddled with a finger over his muttering lips.

Teyha shivered, half wanting to comfort the disturbed man... But what could she do? What could she say? She hesitated for a moment, and sighed, convincing herself that anything she could do would only make the situation worst. Silently she moved past, and bowed her head as she followed the soldiers. Another man darted forward, gun raised as he pushed open the door to a building they would use as shelter.

Teyha tensed, waiting for fire as people rushed out, but to her surprise there was no one. The soldier waves them forward, and Teyha nodded, hurrying close to the ground as she darted inside.

((Wait for dare =3 ))

Brody Parker was moving quietly through the street, sliding in and out of cover as it presented itself. The rest were ahead of him – Spaight, Demo, Markstrom, Angel and that damn Ghost. The women were in the middle of their loose formation, trying to be as quiet as possible. Parker had taken the tail of the column so he would make sure they weren’t being followed, something he didn’t trust Ghost to do after that fiasco earlier. She’d been on watch, protecting the entrance to their hideout and had moved off, supposedly to investigate some sound. Only, she didn’t find anything when she left her post though the rest of them sure did. The enemy had been watching them and took advantage of the gap in their defenses her movement presented and they attacked. In force. It took all of their firepower to repel the attack but they did. Unfortunately, they also lost 3 soldiers and Claire, Parker’s girlfriend. He was seething inside, pissed at Ghost for her negligence on the job…or what he perceived as negligence. So he took the back, afraid that if he were up front, he’d likely want to kill her. When the call came to take cover, he dove for the first cover he saw and took up position, watching their back while making sure the women were safely tucked away. He couldn’t tell what was going on up front but it looked like a pretty heated argument. He wasn’t moving though. He job was to guard their six and he wouldn’t leave his post. That was for others on his squad to do, as she’d clearly already demonstrated. Finally, the group up front seemed to sort itself out and he waited quietly, still scanning behind them. When the two shots sounded, he smiled and turned, watching the group begin to move into a building on the side. He motioned for the women to move ahead and he followed. He saw Ghost crouched off to the side as he approached and he paused next to her, his look deadly. “About time you did something right” he spat at her. With one final glare, he slipped into the building, leaving her to follow.

Spaight got them all into the building and sighed.

"Gentlemen," he said looking at his men as they gathered in the main room of the building. "I want you to get this place secured. The first floor is to open. But the holes in the floor give us a good way to keep it monitored. The second floor is where we'll sleep, and make camp. That way if someone comes in, we'll know it and have preset defensive positions. Once we're secured in here, enjoy yourselves. Ladies, if you are interested in thanking these men for saving your lives... I won't stop you. In fact, I would appreacate you being appreactive of them."

"I will be in the steeple using the radio trying to get through to higher command," he said sighing. "So break out the communications gear you're carrying and hand it over. I hope we have enough batteries and antennas to set up a decent communications array to get through."

"Once you guys have gotten this place secured," he said looking at Ghost. "Ghost you are to come up see me in the steeple so we can discuss you being out of position."

"Anyone who knows how to cook is to set up for KP," he stated. "When food is ready get it passed out to everyone, Ghost will bring me my meal whene she comes up to see me."

She took the flicks and the looks that the others gave her when they entered the building. The girl and Demo seemed like the only two that where not holding anything against her. She could not really tell what Markstrom was thinking. That guy was just not right in the head anymore, in truth she did not sleep well with him around. Not knowing when he was going to just snap and going on a rampage. But Parker. She was sorry for what happened to his girlfriend but it was a war zone. If there was a firefight everyone had a chance of dieing. It was not like Ghost was the one that shot her. So as soon as the comment left Parker's mouth she shot back, "Go to hell, Maybe your girlfriend's waiting."

Walking into the building just in time to hear what Spaight had to say. Her eyes narrowing some, she did not want to go talk to him tonight. No, she wanted everything to cool down some before she talked one on one with anyway. But unlike Angel she would not be the one to no listen to an order. "Yes Master Sgt." Letting him know she understood what he had said. Looking over her shoulder to see if smoke was coming from Parker's ears yet after her comment about his girl friend.

Angel takes a long, Drawn out sigh at the whole situation. What madness has he gotten himself Into this time. He proceeds to take off his bullet proof vest as he was not on lookout duty for the moment. A careless action, for who knows when an enemy might strike. But that was just who he was.

"Well, as far as the cooking goes count me the hell out. My entire life I had someone to do It for me. So the best I could probably do was put two pieces of bread together". He shrugs just a little bit, patting Ghost on her shoulder as some sort of comfort for her as she walked by. And he takes a few steps, walking past Parker, and taking his girlfriend's dogtags off of his neck. Placing them In his hands. "I kept them for you..they dont call me Angel for being heartless." and offred parker abit of a smile, before walking over the wall and sitting down Next to Tehya , resting his back against It.

Parker came to a dead stop, rocking back on his heels from the words that came out of Ghost’s mouth. He was pissed at her, wanted to throttle her in fact, but his anger was justified. She’d moved out of position, plain and simple, and it gave the enemy an opening they used. Sure, they might have attacked anyway, and he might have still lost Claire, but it was made a hell of a lot easier by her actions yet she didn’t seem to get it. That comment, that cold, callous, comment was filled with so much hate for him he was stunned. Join Claire in Hell? His Claire? Sweet, innocent Claire who’d never hurt a fly? Oh, Claire definitely wasn’t in Hell but he was going to be there in just a few minutes, for the cold blooded murder of a fellow soldier. “You fucking daughter of a whore” he said, his face bright red from the anger that was flying off him in waves. “You fucking left your post! Your post, soldier. I don’t give a flying fuck if you heard a noise or not. Your job was to guard that doorway and you walked away from it. You cost three good soldiers their lives, and Claire’s too, and you stand here and tell ME to go to Hell? Oh, I’m definitely heading there but you’re coming with me too.” He reached into his belt and pulled out his combat knife then, nothing but her throat in his sights.

He’d taken two steps towards her when another soldier spoke. The words had nothing to do with him or Ghost, being about food, but they succeeded in breaking through the rage that had overtaken him. In that instant, he realized what he’d been about to do and stopped himself. Looking down at the knife, then up at Ghost, he shook his head. “Stay the fuck away from me Ghost. I won’t be responsible for my actions if you come near me.” He turned then, coming face to face with Angel, who handed him a pair of dog tags. A glance down showed they were Claire’s and Parker felt tears form in his eyes. He closed them, blinking rapidly. “Thanks man” he told Angel. “I appreciate it.” Realizing that he needed a distraction in that moment, he turned to Spaight. “I’ll handle dinner Master Sergeant. Here’s my communications gear.” He handed it over and then began to gather what he needed to prepare the meal, his years as a hunter who had to live in the woods while out, coming into play.

His lips were still moving, but no noise came from him as the near killing occured. Daniel felt himself rocking back and forth, just a few inches but the movement seemed to soothe him, his twitching subsided just as the yelling died down and the fight averted. His gaze dropped, watching the legs and feet of the woman standing near him, and walking past. He followed every bit of movement in the room, watching the light shine off the dogtags, the comm gear handed over, the confrontations. His hands clasped tot eh side of his head, his left still holding the pistol, as he tried to block out the noises they all were making. He was still rocking back and forth, his breathing was becoming rapid and shallow. His heartbeat was so loud, so very loud, it was all he could hear in his ears. He clasped his hands tighter over his ears. He was shaking his head slowly. His lips were moving, but no sound came out. His eyes screwed shut tight, his body tensed up, every bit of his gaunt frame seeming to tighten up.

And suddenly, it stopped. The man stopped rocking, his eyes opened, the dull sound of his mumbling started up again. His hands released from the side of his head. The pistol remained gripped tight, the man using its barrel to tap out a slow, steady beat on the floor. His breathing calmed down, and his right hand reached into one of his loose fitting jacket's pockets, rummaging around slowly.

He was still muttering.

Nadira didn't know what she did to deserve to be taken prisoner by the American troops. She translated for them for months, and while they were never overly friendly she had assumed they knew she was trustworthy. But when the attack occurred she was held as a prisoner, and told they feared she would inform the rebels of their strategies. Now she found herself grouped with other women, surrounded by the armed soldiers as they prodded them through the city.

Unlike many of the other women she didn't flinch when the guns went off, her dark brown eyes glued straight ahead of them as they advanced. Her jaw was clenched firmly shut and she stared ahead, moving reluctantly forward with the other captive women into the secured building.

It was obvious to even the casual onlooker what race Nadira was. She made no effort to hide it like the other women in town. Her hair was still a dark brown, not artificially lightened through dye or bleach, and her clothing closely resembled the traditional kimono her people wore years ago. It was a deep red, plainly cut, with two long slits up the sides to reveal the more western style pants she wore underneath, an alteration she was grateful for to preserve her modesty when running.

Nadira moved as far back as the women were allowed, and leaned heavily against the wall as the commander spoke to his troops. Her expression darkened briefly when he spoke of her wishing to 'thank' the soldiers for saving them, a brief narrowing of her eyes before her expression smoothed once more. His tone left no doubt in her mind exactly what kind of 'thanking' he aimed to receive, and the thought of letting her body be used by these soldiers only served to leave a bad taste in the back of her mouth. But she stayed silent, and perfectly still. If one of the soldiers wanted her attention she knew better than to protest, but she was not foolish enough to draw it onto herself.

Teyha bowed her head as she slunk into the abandoned building, and immediately sought out a dark corner to crouch down in. She curled up there, letting down heavy pack on her shoulders as quietly as she could manage. She just sat in the dust for a few long moments, listening as Spaight addressed the troops. It did not escape her that he spoke kindly to only the men, addressing them alone before turning his attention to Ghost.

Everyone seemed to blame the attack on Ghost, since she left her post... But... There was no doubt in Teyha's mind that the woman had heard a noise, and wasn't it in her job to investigate anything suspicious? What if it had been an enemy scout looking for weak points in their defense, was she supposed to stand there and listen to him sneak around? This was a war, standing idly by would get people killed, she did what she thought was best in that situation,and that was all there was to it, in Teyha's mind.

Still she winced at the exchange between Ghost and Parker, muffling a sigh as she shook her head sadly. Parker had every right to be mad, his girlfriend was slaughtered in the attack, and he needed someone to blame. Ghost was the easy choice. But when he stood, and pulled out his knife, Teyha jumped to her feet with a yelp, taking a few rushed steps forward despite her better judgement.Te fight ended before it began, but Teyha's eyes were still wide, and glued on Parker. "I'll help with dinner, I am a decent enough cook." She mumbled, dropping her eyes to the ground. "Just tell me what to do."

Spaight got up into the steeple and started setting up the radio and tried to raise the command and sighed when he couldn't get through. The enemy was still scrambling the frequences. He sighed as he got comfortable after setting up the image intensifiers and night vision gear. The motion sensors were amazing. The two micro-UAVs with their cameras were ready to be deployed. He started workign with his toughbook to manage and oversee what their control stations would see was set-up by the time Ghost arrived in the steeple. He looked at her and sighed.

"You really fucked up," he said softly as he patted the spot right beside him. "Parker wants to kill you, Daniel is... Fucked up. He's about to snap. I'm going to have to tell the others if he does start to snap. To shoot him dead before anyone else get's killed."

"I need you," he said looking at her seriously. "Not just as a... Cock warmer. But I need the woman I asked for on this squad. I need you to do as your told. Are you going to take my punishment, or theirs? And remember if I tell Parker he can do anything he wants to you... He just might kill you. Or rape you out of spite."

"Me," he said looking at her as touched her arm. "it'll be rough. But not rape."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom