Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sword and The Rose. ((Kolath x Butterfly))

He laughed and shook his head. “I don’t think they will have a choice my dear Duchess. You see what you said was true in my brother’s kingdom but this is now my kingdom. I say what goes, and there is nothing that anyone can do about it. not your husband, not your parents, and not your love the Black Fox and my stupid nephew who thinks he has the right to be king. In a few days time your love the Fox will come here and try to rescue you, at that time I will deal with the last persons who dare to stand against me.” He laughed a deep and menacing laugh, “I am now the law in this kingdom and there is no one that will dare to stand against me.”

She was glaring a bit at him, "Everyone says that the prince is dead... they say the king is dead as well. How would you know either of them as fact as you have just spoken? Unless of course..." she paused, knowing she could anger him in this moment but dared it, "you know for a fact because you were responsible for the king's demise. You are not on the thrown yet my lord and the I highly doubt it matters to the black fox if you have me or not. He does what he knows is right."

He smirked and nodded slightly at her reasoning’s. “Very good my dear Duchess, I fear that there is no choice but for you to die at this point, you have figured out too much. however since you have come this far, there is no reason not to let you know everything.” He poured himself a glass of wine leaning back in his chair fully pleased with himself. “No one knows that it was my idea that my brother lead the crusade against the Asurian kingdom. I paid good money to have a assassin waiting at the pass to drop him from his horse. And through it all I gained half of the land of Asura. If only my dear brother had died like he was meant to I wouldn’t of had to play this game for so long. When my idiot nephew came of age I knew that the lords loyal to his father would want him on the throne. So I let the word spread that I was going to kill him, it got back to your precious fox and he played right into my hands.” He laughed and stood walking around with the glass still in his hand.

“That is when one of my men in your husband’s employ informed me that you had been captured over two months ago. And when you were finally returned to your husband the wedding took place very fast and you seemed very distant from your husband.” He smirked, “It wasn’t too hard to figure out that you had feelings for the Fox, especially when your handmaid came and told me everything that happened while you were captured.” He came over and brushed a gloved hand over her cheek, “You my dear will keep the Fox at bay till I can finish off my foolish nephew and the cursed band of rebels. You are the perfect decoy and bait. Either the fox and my nephew will come to rescue you, or he will value your life too much and stay away either way works perfectly for me.”

His hand rubbing against her cheek sent a chill down her spine, as if all his threats did not. In telling her all this, she knew one of them would die. Either she took what he told her to the grave of he died at the hands of the Fox. Or both, which was the result she felt most likely to happen. It was when he spoke to Anya's betrayal that she gasp and turned her face to look at him, a glare in her eyes, "She lies! She did not please me in her service and I turned her from may hand maiden into a kitchen worker. Anya only wishes to hurt me and my husband whom she had never liked with her lies." They were of course the truth, but there was nothing against that. "And you may ask my husband. I came to the marriage bed a virgin. He will speak on my behave. There were feelings, for a time maybe yes, but there are none now. I love my husband dearly and would never betray him. Especially to the fox!"

He laughed and shook his head. “She said you would say that. You say you love Nathan De’Jeer, the man you married.” He laughed and stepped away from her sitting back into the chair he had left and leaning back. She was reacting just as he had hoped. “how can you love a man that hasn’t been home for more then one month since you have been wed?”

"Love works in ways a heartless man such as you could never understand. He sat by my bedside for days, holding my hand until I recovered from being shoot by an arrow, telling me sweet things. That is love and we have it!"

The regent had a sly look on his face. He had is from the moment she spoke of her time knocking on death's door. He sipped at his drink, "Yes, I heard about that time. And since you are marked for death anyway, I might as well enlighten you my dear lady. You accident was no accident. It was a a test for your dear Fox. When I learned of your relationship with him, I thought that perhaps if he's love lay dying he would rush to herself. I had my guards waiting at every route to your home, waiting to capture him, but he never came. For a time I thought that the rumors were untrue, but then when your Anya came and confirmed my thoughts, I thought this move was the best to make now."

"You are bastard!" she cursed at him, rising from her seat. "You care nothing but for yourself! I hope the Fox comes! And I hope he kills your! May be make you suffer for all your sins against the crown you don't deserve upon your head!"

He was on his feet in a moment and back handed her across the face. “Learn well your place Duchess, or you will not live to keep the Fox from attacking.” He turned on his heel and the guards soon came to take her back to her cell with only some bread water and cheese waiting for her to eat since she hadn’t eaten anything at the table with the Regent.

Days later Nathan arrived at the capital city. He walked right into the throne room with out being announced and guards closed in on him. “How dare you!” he pushed pass the guards using his skill as a swordsman to slip around them without having to draw his weapon.

They didn’t follow anymore because the regent waved them off. “Well my lord Duke this is a unexpected pleasure. I would have thought you be happy that I relieved you of that whore of a wife you have.”

It took all of Nathan’s control not to cut the Regent down right there and then. He let his anger show not bothering to conceal it as her husband he should be angry. “My Wife is no whore, and you have no grounds on which to hold her any longer.”

The regent laughed, “Oh but we do, and she is. We have the eyewitness report of her handmaid that she and the Fox spent many hours alone in his rooms and the sounds that came from there…well..I’m sure that any proper lady would blush to make such sounds.”

Nathan’s eyes narrowed knowing that it was Anya that would have said such things though he doubt that she would lie so bluntly. It was clear the regent was baiting him. “Say what you will, I know the night she came to my bed for the first time she was a virgin. And now I will see her.” he turned on his heel not waiting to be dismissed.

Fortunately the regent allowed it and the guards showed him to her cell. They opened the door and he stepped in looking around the small room for her.

"Nathan?" her soft voice spoke from the shadows of the cell. A moment later, she rose from off the bed and her eyes filled with tears, seeing that it was indeed him. "Nathan!" Terra cried out as she ran into his arms, wrapping hers around him as she started to cry. She had prayed she'd get to see him again, even if only one last time. Both to hold him and to touch him, as well as to warn him. "I didn't think they would let you see me!"

He kissed her deeply wrapping his arms around her holding her close against his body. he brushed his hand over her cheek and down her neck. He loved her so much and for a moment forgot that they were in her prison. He smiled, “He wouldn’t dare deny me my love. I am too great of a threat to his power if he makes me a enemy.” He smiled and then looked back over his shoulder. “Give me some time alone with my wife.” He commanded the guards. They looked at each other for a moment and then locked them both into the cell before walking away. He smiled at her as they were left alone, “I love you Terra…there is so much that must be said.”

She directed them to the bed to sit, "I must speak first. I must be quick and quiet for it could mean your life too. The regent is using me to stop the Fox from preventing him being crowned." Her eyes were filling again, "But he plans to kill me either way, with or without the Fox's intrusion." Seeing the rage in his eyes, she held him close to he would not rise up and go to kill the regent at that very moment. "Listen to me Nathan! Please listen..." she hugged him tight and put her lips to his ear, whispering to him, "You must do what you must to get the prince upon the thrown, no matter what the cost. Promise me you will see this happen Nathan, please."

He was about to go kill the regent but knew in his heart that the time wasn’t right. He looked into her eyes brushing his hand against her cheek. I promise my love, that I will see the rightful ruler on the throne, and that you will return to my arms at the end of it all and we will live and be happy together.” he made sure that in saying live that she understood that meant her as well, that he would not let her die in this. “Trust me my love, I have already seen to your safety.”

That was all the time they were given because the Captain of the guard had been told not to let them be alone, so when the guards came down letting them be alone they were quickly rushed back up there to take the Duke out of the cell.

Nathan kissed her once again brushing his hand over her cheek. “Trust me, all will be as it should be.” And he was forced to leave the cell being locked again separating them. As he was led away from her.

He was ripped from her hands and the door shut in her face before she could have a chance to say or tell him anything more. Her arms were left empty and her heart was breaking. Tears were sliding down her face in great gushes as she realize this could have been the last time she spoke to her husband or saw him. And she didn't get to say goodbye or even that she loved him. She didn't get to say it she only prayed that he knew it. And still, she just needed the words to be said, even if he would not hear them. "Goodbye Nathan... I love you." The words were lost in the empty prison cell.

Nathan hurried through the halls of the castle. He had been informed that the coronation was only a short time away and it would be best for him to remain in the castle till that time. He knew that it was more a command then a suggestion. He hurried to his room and took out the bow that he had brought. The snow covered the land for miles around and the trees were heavy with it as he looked for the mark that was to be left for him. finding it he quickly wrote the note informing the prince and Jacob of the changes that needed to be made so they knew which plan to set into motion. He pulled back on the bow and lined up his shot…it was long but he made it with ease knowing, that his single shot would change the fate of the nation.

A week passed and the time for the coronation was at hand. People from all over the kingdom were coming to see what was to be the greatest celebration of the entire year. Mixed among the normal people were the Fox’s men along with Jacob and the Prince. They all slipped into the capital city without being seen, laying the ground work for what was too come. Information was gathered and key people were changed sowing disinformation as well as gathering all that they could. The time was almost at hand, the coronation was tomorrow.

Terra sat upon her small bed. The meager dinner she had been given sat untouched on the table. Knowing it was likely her last meal, it did not leave her with the want to eat it. The moonlight came in through the window of her cell. She wondered how the regent would kill her. Not tonight for he still needed her until the crown rested upon his head. But she knew when tomorrow came... she sighed. One last time to see Nathan. That's all she wished for upon the stars she could see out her small window.

The door to her cell was unlocked and the regent stepped into her cell the door being shut and locked behind him. the guards didn’t leave standing just outside the door being in full ear shot was what was about to happen. “Good evening lady Terra, I fear that your husband can not join you on this your last night on earth. So I’m afraid you will have to make do with me.” He smirked lecherously at her slowly starting to close the distance between the door and her bed.

Terra rose off the bed and moved away, hate in her eyes. His intent was plan and she honestly wondered what had taken him this long to come and rape her. She would not let him without a fight. "I would not let you touch me, even if it meant saving my own life come tomorrow. You are a pig and a bastard!"

He smirked and continued to move toward her. “We will see about that.” He reached out for her grabbing for her arm. “You wouldn’t want anything to happen to your beloved husband now would you?” he was evil, but he was smart, he knew just what buttons to push to get what he wanted.

Her eyes went wide, "You wouldn't dare! King or no king to punish a nobleman for no reason but that his dead wife refused to be raped willingly will look poorly upon you my lord pig bastard!" And yet, even as she hurrled horrible words at him, she did not pull away from him, the fear for her husband in her eyes.

He smirked feeling her not resist and laughed lightly pulling her against his body pinning her hands behind her back. “Oh I can come up with all sorts of reasons for his death Terra. For all I know he might be the Fox, good enough reason for me.” He smirked and grabbed the front of her dress quickly pulling it loose from its ties to let it open for him revealing her ample chest to him. “Mmm lucky man your husband, maybe I won’t kill you and just keep you for myself.”

She cried out a little from his tugging and pulling at her. She had to close her eye and look away, when he spoke of Nathan possibly being the Fox for she feared her eyes might tell to much. Even thought he held her, she wiggled and squirmed in his grasp, not making it easy for him. "I would rather die!" she said as she opened her eyes suddenly and spit into his face.

He stopped for a moment wiping her spit from his face a look of rage crossing his already cruel face. “Fine then tomorrow you die, but for tonight you are mine.” He pushed her onto the bed ripping open her dress. He roughly groped her breasts his hands roughly squeezing and pulling them. One hand pushed her skirts up ripping her panties off all of this happening in the light of the torch so that the guards out in the hall way could clearly see.

Terra cried out and fought him. This would not be an easy rape for him. She was in full survival mode as she kicked and punched at him, but seeing this was doing her no good, she had to think of something, and fast. She refused to die with his man's seed in her belly. Nathan was her one and she would die with him as her only!

Hearing the guards snicker at the door, she realized they were in the light of the torch that hang out of the wall above the bed. Thank God she had not put it out yet, for it would help her now. She reached up for it and held it in her hand, spitting out the words, "Let me make sure you look PRETTY for your coronation my lord!" The guards could see it happen but could not open the cell to stop her from setting his clothing on fire with this torch at the same time, digging her nails into his cheek and leaving a trail of her claw marks down it. She pushed him off in the confusion and fled to the corner from the burning man.

The guards did everything they could to get inside as fast as possible. Though they couldn’t stop her from lighting his clothes on fire, mostly with ease because he had been drinking before coming up here, they were able to quickly put him out so that damage was minimal though his face would be scared. They got the regent out of there and in moments were back up there with their captain. They grabbed Terra’s arms ripping the back of her dress open and moving her hair out of the way. The captain proceeded to whip her carving long cuts of flesh out of her back with each stroke stopping only to keep her alive for the next day. By the time they were done with her she was bleeding and bruised all over her face and back. They left her there to lay on the dirty floor all night. Telling her the next man she saw would be her executioner.

Terra lay there, her clothing in tatters, barely even on her body any longer, yet while they beat her, while she screamed in her pain, there was a smile on her face. For she kept the image of the regent appearing before the people to be crowned with a gash on his formally pretty face. And she knew that Nathan would see it, and know it was her. He'd be proud of her, fighting to the bitter end. Only then, with that memory of her husband did tears rise to her eyes. When they left her sprawled upon the floor, feeling already like she was dead, she lay still awake, still wishing to see Nathan one last time, even in her current state. It was his face in her mind when she finally passed out and she dreamed they shared on last night together before she awoke the next morning to the sound of her door swinging open with a loud bang. It was morning. She'd never dream again, she thought. Neither sweet dream or horrible nightmare.

A man stood in the door looking down at her. his face was masked and hooded as he bent over brushing a hand over her back. “Get me some water and clean clothes for her. I’m not going to carry her down to the coronation and the regent wants her there so she has to look good.” His voice was harsh and raspy though it almost seemed forced to be so. The guards moved away leaving them mostly alone after bringing him some water. When the guards were gone his cleaning and bandaging of her wounds were almost gentle. But when they came back he was a little rougher almost like he was putting on a show for them. he cleaned her wounds and then got her to sit on the bed. “The coronation is in one hour. Do I have to dress you or can you do it yourself?”

Back
Top Bottom