Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not what it seems(blair/lady)

Kate let out a yelp as she was sprayed by the cold water, then went silent. She bit her lip and tried not to cry, but she was just so scared - for her brother and her lover. Swallowing hard, she moved to press her face into Drayke's chest, needing the comfort. "I love him," she whispered, "And if he goes, he may never come back. I may never see him again..." Her hands gripped his wet shirt, her eyes squeezed shut. "I want to see Alysa," she whimpered, trying to calm herself down. A tantrum was not going to solve anything.

Jax looked at his brother with utter shock. "Fuck," he whispered, gripping the arms on the chair of the plane. His stomach was in knots, because it was just now registering (now that they were high in the sky) that he left his lover... And he wanted nothing more than to turn back around and go back to him. He was a confused by Zane's words, wondering what he could possibly need to stop in town for, but nodded. "I'm going to go straight home," he murmured, "I'm going to see if I can get down to the cell hall and find the brother before it's too late."

Drayke swallowed hard, pressing a kiss to her hair as he held her tightly, "I know, I love him to."He muttered shuddering a little."But he'll do what he has to to get back to you."He muttered before picking her up,wrpping her in a towel as he walked out into the bedroom,"Come on Di. we'll take the twins, and let the girls talk."he muttered setting kate on the bed before taking the babe from Alysa, both men looking anxiously at the women before walking out. "Kate?You need to change. You don't want to get sick, and even in the house, russia's cold."Alysa muttered sitting down next to her.

"Good.I'll be home soon."He said before going silent staring out the window. And when he arrived in New York City he waited until Jax was gone,hoping he could get into the house before he made a phone call. Catching a cab he made his way downtown, glancing up at the lawyer's office before he walked inside, sparing barely a glance at the district attorney before he looked at Chief Abernathy, "You need to get your family out of town.Even in jail, he'll have someone looking for them.Kate and Kyle are going to be out of reach, the others..."he shrugged before swallowing."I'm going back with you. If you want a chance to get cops in the house without getting someone killed, you're going to have to work with me."pain flickered through his eyes."This isn't how I planned to do this, but desperate times makes desperate men."He shrugged a little."Give me 20 minutes to get home, before you come in.He doesn't actually expect me to come home.It'll surprise him. Arrest him, and I'll see that your children re safe."he said before walking out again, taking his time getting home, so that the cops could get into place before walking inside, amused that despite his stop, jax was just getting home to, since traffic had been worse getting through NYC to here then from the station to here"Go after kyle.I'll find father"He muttered before going in search of his father.

Kate swallowed hard and nodded, wrapping her arms around herself as she shivered. She knew that she should change, but she was having a hard time bringing herself into reality. After a few long, quiet moments, she moved to get changed in one of Zane's large sweatshirts and a pair of paints, leaving her hair to dry in unruly waves. "Alysa, can I stay with you tonight?" she murmured. Even though Alysa was only ten years older than her, she still had the motherly comfort that Kate wanted at the moment. She just wanted to be assured that everything would be okay.

Jax nodded to his brother, but grabbed his arms. He could already here the sirens. "You have to get your files on him and give them to the police so that they will be required to hold him until a trial date. I know you have some incriminating stuff on him. Now's the time to use it." He gave his older brother one last look before jogging up the east side stair case and up to the cell hall.

Chief Abernathy was immediately shocked at Zane's arrival, but wasn't given the time to react. He grabbed his gun and badge, yelled for his men, and moved to get in his squad card. He was not an idiot; he knew a liar when he saw one. It was the perk to majoring in criminal justice. However, Zane was not lying. Not this time. He could see the pain in his eyes; that passion. It was the same passion that he saw on the front page of the New York Times that had the picture ... That picture that showed Zane looking at his daughter with so much love, it could hardly be denied.... That was the only reason he was suiting up and following Zane's orders, because it was becoming clear that he was the reason his daughter has lived as long as she had.

Alysa smiled softly looking t her worriedly before nodding."Sure sweetheart.Come on."she said before standing up, leading the other woman towards the bedroom,"You want to feed one of the boys?Di's probably tired of trying to get them to eat."She said trying to give her something else to focus on besides zane.

"I will."He muttered watching his brother go before heading for his bedroom he gathered the files, setting tem on his desk before he headed for the cell hall, lookin worried because he hadn't seen his father yet,and that worried him."Jax?"He called as he pushed open the door, looking for jax and kyle even as he heard the cops coming in downstairs, knowing they'd have company soon enough. He might not be able to keep his father in jail forever yet,but he could give himself enough time to recover and figure out what to do

Kate took a deep breath and nodded, moving inside of the huge master bed and snuggling down beside the other woman. Once they had the babies in the room, Kate gently took one of them and smiled down at him. "Hey there, honey," she whispered to the baby boy, giving him his bottle. When he began to feed, she looked over at Alysa. "Have you ever been put in a situation like this? I mean... When Dimitri was the son of a mob boss?" she asked quietly, the baby close to her. As she spoke to the other woman, she noticed the tiny kitten had found her way down the hall and into the master bedroom, jumping up on to the bed and snuggling against her thigh.

Jax looked up at his he worked at untying Kyle, kneeling on the floor of the cell. "Shh," he snapped, "I haven't seen him, and Kyle says that he didn't know where he went. I have my bets on the loading dock, because as you can see, all the women are gone. He's sending him off to his business associate in France, I'm sure, before he gets taken into custody and they get set free. He's a smart man, Zane. He knows what's happening." He untied Kyle, who stood up at an incredible 6'5. He looked to be in his thirties, showing that Chief Abernathy and his wife must have had him when they were very young.

Before Zane could step out of the wake, Kyle punched his square in the jaw. "Where the fuck is my sister, you bastard?!" he snapped, looking pissed and reading to fight. Jax's eyes went wide, but for the first time, he was at a loss of what to do. In fact, he was a little... Well, he didn't know. That was simply not expected. He just looked at his brother, curious to see what the man was going to do after being punched like that.

blake-shelton-drink-on-it.jpg

Alysa looked up at kate, smiling gently before nodding."Dimitir's father declared war on him when Dimitri tried to walk away. His twin, was still the loyal son tht his father wanted....they nearly klled us both before Di totally lost control and killed them both."Pain flickered through her eye sbefore she swallowed."Zane'll never be totally safe...not until his father's gone. ithink it'll kill a part of him to do it,but he needs to kill him..."she said sighing softly.

Zane looked frustrated as he realzed what had happened, a flicker of worry showing on his face, wondering in abernathy was going to turn on him the moment the cops realized tht his father wsn't in the house.Yelping as Kyle punched him he lashed out witout thinking about it, lnding a hard punc to the man's stomch, wincing at the sound of crcking bone, knowing he'd at least cracked his ribs if not worse."Now.Are you going to let us get out of here or stand her bitching?"Zane snapped his anger over having to leave kte behind just to get punched by her brother getting the better of hi,

Kate frowned at her story. Alysa was right about what she had said when they first met; it would never be easy to be the woman that stood beside the heir of a mob. Never. "They have my brother," she whimpered, swallowing hard. She looked down at the infant, letting his sweet little face keep her from crying again. "I don't talk about my brother a lot. I can't," she admitted, "I don't even talk about him to Zane, because it's hard. He's the one part of my life I miss from home... Mom was a selfish person who ignored us in favor of booze. She drank because she was stuck in a loveless marriage, and Kyle and I both knew that. My father ignored her in favor of work... He ignored all of us at times. I always knew he loved us, but he was awful at showing it. So, that being said, Kyle did a lot of my raising. He was fifteen years older than me, so it worked." She shrugged, hating that she was making herself think of her brother. She really did miss him.

Kyle choked a little when he was punched, but he large man took the punch like a pro. Normally, he'd be more sensitive to the pain, but his adrenaline was pumping like crazy. "I want my sister," he snapped, "I want to know she is okay! She's been gone for months!" He looked at Zane with soft blue eyes, the man favoring his sister in the eyes... There was worry reflecting within them, showing that he was as close to Kate as Zane had been to Sorsen.

Jax sighed and shook his head, figuring he should step in. "Look. We are here to help," he snapped, "Zane is the reason your sister is safe and alive at this very moment, okay? So trust us. For now, we need to get those files and get out of here as quick as possible. The cops should had Alexander within moments. Once he's in custody, we have to stay around and get the business in order. See who we can trust and who we can't. And we won't have much time... Alexander has too many cops on his payroll to stay behind bars for long." Turning to Kyle, who looked a little stunned, Jax pointed to him. "Be cooperative, or be a casualty. I don't care which one."

With that, he fished the keys to his BMW out of his pocket and looked at Zane, raising his eyebrows. "Ready?"

"Zane knows that, he followed you for months when he was in college....bitched cause his dad was seriously putting a dent in his studying time."She said trying to get a laugh, trying to stay positive because he knew that it was going to be hard no matter what happened. Swallowing hard as she looked at the small babe in her arms,she sighed before shifting the baby,wrapping a arm around kate."Don't cry kate. It'll be fine.Zne'll do whatever he has to to get home.To you.That's all he'll want to do."she sid pressing a kiss to the woman's hair, having a feeling that Zne would be on the soonest plane he could."Now.Let's get these two sleepy boys in bed, and get some sleep."She said getting up to lay nikolai in the crib by the bed, glad that Dimitri had thought to move the cribs in from their room, feeling better with her children in with her, and knowing it was okay cause Dimitri and Drayke were sleeping in the living room, even without being told, because the front door was the only way in the house so the former mob son and cop were making sure it was well blocked off.

"I don't care what you want,abenarthy."Zane snapped back even as he avoided the other man's eyes as he went through the cells making sure they were really cleared. He didn't want to see kate's eyes, didn't want to think about sorsen.And this man, so very protective of his sister, was going to make zane a mess if he forced hm to think to hard just by being in his presence, and he just didn't need that. "We'll stay at Drayke's. It's small, and mother..."He stopped paling a little, already starting to dial his mother's cell phone as he followed the others outside, "Mother paid for his apartment, head there."he said as he slipped into the car before looking at Kyle."I do, sadly, care if you live or die. It has a impact on my sex life, so try to be cooperative."He said before looking out the window as jax drove, tense and worried as he waited for their mother to answer, hoping she'd been smart enough to get out of town to the summer house when Alexander had declared war on his son.He might sound like a bastard to kyle, but the man was reverting back to the sadistic, hard, and vicious man he'd been before kate had stolen his heart. He'd feel bad about it when he saw her, for the moment he was to overwhelmed to try and be nicer, espicially since Jax wasn't trying, so the somewhat amoral lawyer figured it was okay to be himself, figured kyle might as well get used to dealing with him, because someday they'd be related...not that he was thinking it through that clearly, but thinking about kate was keeping him sane as he tried to deal with what was going on around him

Kate stood up and put the baby in the crib beside his twin's bed, then moved to lay down in the bed. She crawled up beside Alysa and snuggled against her, happy to be with such a motherly, comforting person at the moment. It was incredibly hard to be brave in a world that she was so not used to. It seemed the mob world got more dangerous everyday. "He told me he loves me," she said, her eyes rolling up to glance at Alysa. "I mean, he actually said it first." She smiled a little bit and let out a sigh. "I don't know what I'll do if that man doesn't come back to me..." She bit her lip, trying to calm herself down. She just hoped they got to her brother in time and made it back alive.

Kyle looked furious, but scared and confused, so he obeyed. He sat back in the car and looked at Zane. "Look, I want to know if my sister is okay, alright? And I need to get my daughter. She's been with the babysitter since I left for work two days ago. She's probably scared to death. Now, if I can have those two things, I'll do whatever you want." He crossed his arms over his chest, looking just as stubborn as Kate.

Lily, Jax and Zane's mother, picked up the phone and immediately sounded worried. "Zane, baby, are you okay? Are you safe? What about Jax?" she said, then paused for a few moments. You could tell without even looking at her that she was on edge. "I'm at the summer house, Sweetheart. I should be fine here, if that's why you are calling. I don't want you worrying about me. All I want is for you to take care of yourself and your younger brother."

Alysa laughed a little as she wrapped her arms around kate,gently stroking her hair as she tried to calm her down."well, that was brave of him."she said sounding shocked smiling a little, so used to knowing that her husband lived in a dangerous worls-even if he wasn't technically illegal anymore- that she was calmer."hell come back kate. He has more to fiht for now,then just himself. It'll make him more dangerous then alexander thinks."

"I'm fine mother."zane said acting like he hadn't been listening to kyle even as he swung the car into a u turn to head towards kyles place,showing that even if he hadn't been stalking her at the time, or kyle, zane had still be aware of where they were."jax is here with me, but were going back to russia as soln as we can. We can figure out things from there,as soon as alexanders behind bars."he said knosing he ws going to have to go to court,as his fathers lawyer,and fail miserably to make it happen."mother,you have dimitris cell phone njmber. Don't call me, calling me will get you in trouble.call drayke and dimitri they will come get you if you want to leave."he said before hanging up without saying where the men were, afraid his fathers men were liatening in.glancing at kyle he sighed."shes fine.pissed I wouldn't let her come with me to get you,but otherwise in good health."he said as if it was normal for a kidnapper to want his capitove to be well. Pulli.g into kyles drive he turned off the car looking at him."pack winter clothes. Its cold where you're going."

Alysa laughed a little as she wrapped her arms around kate,gently stroking her hair as she tried to calm her down."well, that was brave of him."she said sounding shocked smiling a little, so used to knowing that her husband lived in a dangerous worls-even if he wasn't technically illegal anymore- that she was calmer."hell come back kate. He has more to fiht for now,then just himself. It'll make him more dangerous then alexander thinks."

"I'm fine mother."zane said acting like he hadn't been listening to kyle even as he swung the car into a u turn to head towards kyles place,showing that even if he hadn't been stalking her at the time, or kyle, zane had still be aware of where they were."jax is here with me, but were going back to russia as soln as we can. We can figure out things from there,as soon as alexanders behind bars."he said knosing he ws going to have to go to court,as his fathers lawyer,and fail miserably to make it happen."mother,you have dimitris cell phone njmber. Don't call me, calling me will get you in trouble.call drayke and dimitri they will come get you if you want to leave."he said before hanging up without saying where the men were, afraid his fathers men were liatening in.glancing at kyle he sighed."shes fine.pissed I wouldn't let her come with me to get you,but otherwise in good health."he said as if it was normal for a kidnapper to want his capitove to be well. Pulli.g into kyles drive he turned off the car looking at him."pack winter clothes. Its cold where you're going."'

"I really hope so," Kate whispered, then finally shut her eyes and let Alysa's gentle caresses lull her to sleep. She was very worried, but the other woman had a way with calming words. When the woke up the next morning, Kate was still snuggled up to Alysa. She yawned and gently moved out of the bed, trying to wake the new mother up, and padded toward Jax and Drayke's room to see if Drayke was awake. She knocked softly. "Drayke?" she murmured, opening the door. "Have you heard anything from them?"

Kyle looked a little startled when he realize Zane knew where he lived, but moved quickly. He didn't like this man, but he was not about to give him the time to change his mind. He wanted his sister safe, and he wanted to get his daughter somewhere safe. With that being said, he went inside and grabbed his daughter, Emily, who looked relieved to see her Daddy. When he came out, he was carrying a large black suit case and a tiny pink suit case under one arm, then holding his little girl in the other. Quickly, put the bags in the trunk then slipped into the car. The little girl refused to let him put her in the seat beside him, so he held her close in his lap. It was very obvious by their embrace that Kyle was very much in love with his daughter.

Emily peeked around at the other men in the car. "Daddy, who are they?" she asked.

"They know where your Auntie Kate is," Kyle murmured gently.

The little girl squealed happily, then look out the window. "Daddy, where we goin'?"

"On vacation."

"Where?"

Kyle sighed. "I don't know, Sweetheart."

The little girl look confused, but stopped with the questions. Jax could be heard snickering. "She's adorable," he said, reaching out to take the little girl's hand. "Hey there, Emily." The little girl smiled back at Jax, but Kyle smacked his hand away. "Either one of you touch her, I'll kill you," he snapped.

Drayke stirred looking sleepy as he sat up, his blond hair sticking up every which way, his phone still in his hand where he'd been texting jax, smiling a little."Zane's putting Kyle and Emily on a plane as we speak. They're flying commercial,but Dimitri's going to go pick them up this afternoon.They're safe, and Zane's being zane, and not talking. Though he sends love."Drayke sid smiling as he shifted over, patting the bed next to him to have her sit down.

Zane smiled a little as he headed for the airport, snickering amused about the father and daughter interactions, his heart hurting a little s he thought about the baby him and kate had lost before glancing in the mirror at Kyle, a smirk quirking his lips."Of all the fathers ever saying that to me about their daughters, you are the only one who doesn't have to worry about that. I like my girls over the age of consent."He said snickering to himself, like the asshole he was he found himself amusing.

When they got to the airport he winced a little looking at kyle as he held up to plane tickets that he'd just bought."Here.Two tickets to russia. Sorry about the commercial plane, usually I'd send you on the private jet but I want to be able to leave quickly if things go south here."He said logically before sighing looking down at emily then t kyle. "This man will be waiting for you."He held up his phone so kyle could see the blond blue eyed russian,"His name's dimitri.His house is where Kate's staying. He'll take you there, and you'll both be safe there."He shifted nervously,wanting to send a message for kate but also just as awkward about giving it to her brother.

Kate smiled and moved to sit beside him, drawing her knees up to her chest. She looked relieved and happy to know that her older brother and little niece were safe and on their way. "I've really missed them," she whispered, "Honestly, they are the only part of my past life I miss. It's nice to know I'll see them..." She looked over at the other man and rested her hand over his hand. It was clear that their was a bond that could be created between dating two mob brothers. "You really love Jax, don't you?" she murmured, smiling a bit. "I know you do, because it's the only reason are doing what he said and staying here."

Kyle looked at the tickets nervously, but took them and shoved them in his pocket. Emily was nodding off, for it was way past her bedtime. "Russia? Shit..." he murmured under his breath. He had no idea why he was trusting this man, but he simply had a gut feeling. It probably had to do with how... nervous Zane looked. "I'm assuming my sister and you are close," he said, sounding a little disappointed at the idea. "So what is it that you want me to tell her when I see her? Or are you going to be the asshole I think you are and leave her in the dark?"

Dryke smled resting a hand over hers before shifting, laying back down dragging her down with him and flipping on the tv just for something to watch even as they talked."Damn straight. otherwise I would have demanded to go home and sort out this....I'm worried.If..."He stopped looking at her nervously before sighing."Zane's always had this crazy idea if he forced the cops to work with him to put his father down, that they'd leave him alone while he rebuilt everything."He sighed quietly, looking sad. "I don't know if your dad will be able to leave him alone.A lindstrom is a lindstrom to him, I'm afraid he wont wait and see if Zane really has it in him to destroy the mob and rebuilt it the way dimitri did."He muttered knowing zane hadn't told her, and needing to know her opinion,because as much as he loved jax, it was killing him to not be at home and help from the legal side of things."Only jax could have asked me to stay and expected it to be obeyed."He said blushing a little.

"Yes russia.It's far, and the house of a man I trust, and most of all, my father doesn't know where it is."He sighed looking amused at the other's nerves before looking down, blushing slightly before nodding."We are."He said biting his lip, not sure how to say just how close, or how much to tell him. Before smirking wider, a smile dimpling his cheek at the other's words."I am a asshole,but I'm not leaving her in the dark.Tell her father's in jail, and I have to stay and make sure he's staying there. Then I'll be back. And...give her this for me."He smirked before looking up at the slightly taller man into a hard kiss before laughing as he walked away."Have a good trip Kyle."he said grinning as he headed back out to the car with Jax."Now, I had planned on stopping at the jail....the cops said that they were going to get him into court tomorrow...I want to talk to him before then..."He said looking nervous."Do you want to come?"He said glancing at his brother.

Kate grinned and moved to lay down with Drayke much like she did the night when they watched the movie, her head rested on his chest. "We are going to get our boys back," she assured him. "We have to, because I have gotten much too attached to have him taken from me... Did he tell you what he got me for Christmas?" She leaned up and held her hand out to him, showing him the beautifully crafted red amber ringer. It practically sparkled, and it fit her hand perfectly. "I was... Well, I was in shock," she admitted, "But I'm happy."

Kyle yelped and took a large step backward. That man was definitely crazy, and Kyle definitely wanted to kick his ass. However, he could tell from the tone of Zane's voice that he was in love with Kate... And oh, Kyle hated it.

Jax looked over at his brother and nodded. "I'm with you all the way," he said, looking sincere. "We need to get this under control... We need to insure the safety of our future, and that means Alexander needs to be gone. For good." With that, he got in the car with his brother, buckling in, then smirked. "Her brother hates you already," he said, amused. "I never thought I'd see that day that you'd have to win over the approval of an older brother."

"no.. I just know that was went OCD and refused to talk ebcause he was afraid...oh kate, it's beautiful.."The man muttered looking amused as he looked over it. Wow. his friend really had been good at choosing it. "They'll be fine."He muttered. Hours later Drayke tensed a little at the sound of the car before relaxing as he saw dimitri, shifting the babe in his arms as he and kate watched tv in the living room,giving alysa time to rest."Kate, your family's here, and he doesn't look happy."Drayke said smiling a little as he watched her brother and niece's reaction to the huge house.

"If I was good enough, I'd make the gone permanant."Zane muttered as he drove, looking upset that even now, he couldn't kill his father, upset that he was moral enough to be disturbed at the idea. "...It's not so bad. It's not like I actually care if he approves or not."He muttered squirming a little because for once, he did care.Because he knew the brother and sister were close, and he worried if kyle disapproved enough that kate would leave him.And that would kill him,

Kate jerked away after dozing off from watching TV with Drayke, jumping up and meeting her brother and niece in the hall way. The large man's face immediately melted into an expression of relief, and Emily squealed with delight. "Auntie Kate! I missed you!" she screamed, wiggling out of her father's arms. The toddler waddled over to her, and Kate scooped her up, hugging her tight and pressing her face into the little girl's hair. "Oh, Sweetheart, I missed you too. So very, very much," she murmured, kissing her little cheeks before walking over to her brother. With tears of happiness in his eyes, Kyle folded his sister into his arms and held her close, pressing a kiss to her head. "Well, I'll be damned," he murmured, "Lindstrom kept his word. You look better than ever. Glowing, actually."

Kate blushed, wondering exactly how him and Zane had hit it off. Her guess was that it didn't go well, but at least Kyle trusted him enough to come to Russia. "I'm safe," she said, "and healthy... and happy." At that, her brother frowned. Disapproval spread over his face, but he wasn't going to get into that argument right now. That could wait until later. "Well," he said, "I missed the hell out of you... We were worried to death."

Emily rested her head on her aunt's shoulder as she talked to her father. Kate turned to Drayke, smiling. "Drayke, this is my brother Kyle and his little girl, Emily," she said, "Kyle this is Drayke, Jax's boyfriend."

Kyle raised his eyebrows a little at that, but smiled at the other man. "Nice to meet you," he said, shaking his hand. "Thanks for helping take care of my sister..." He looked around the mansion with suspicion. "As much as I despise the mob and everyone involved in it, I'm man enough to appreciate that my sister looks unharmed..." He clenched his jaw a bit, trying to not say something even more rude. However, he knew this wasn't the time. Not while they were in a strange country.

Drayke watched the family scene with something close to envy on his face as he smiled, tilting his head a little. This was the kind of relationship he'd wanted with his own famil, but being abandoned at 10 had left scars to deep for him to interact like that, even with zane or jax, who had their own fucked up relationships with their family. Smirking a little he laughed,"if it helps, I'm a NYPD, and Zane would sooner hurt himself then hurt kate."He said amused before smiling a little."And Dimitri here, is a businessman, no matter how tough and bad he acts." "Shut up Drayke."Dimitri called over his shoulder as he headed up the stairs, intent on visiting with his family, leaving kate and the others to their reunion.

"You hungry, kiddo?"Drayke said smiling at emily, looking amused at the girl and knowing that kyle could probably use some time to talk to his sister,even if they were still in the same room, he knew the two needed to talk.

Zane sighed softly as he walked into the jail cell wing, his hands in his pockets, looking tense a little at having Jax at his back, not because he didn't trust jax, but that he was bringing his brother near their father,"You look well, father."Zane said smiling at the man as he stopped in front of his jailcell, mentally scrambling to figure out just how much his father knew. He wouldn't put it above his father to not suspect him of turning him in, but as long as he couldn't prove it..."You should know better then kidnapping cop's children.It has the bad habit of ending my trips overseas. You keep interrupting my trips."Zane said looking for all the world he was sulking. If you didn't know better, you would say he wasn't worried about nything but getting alexander out.

Emily looked at Drayke, then grinned a toothy grin. She nodded, and when she did, her little light brown ringlets bobbed up and down. Kyle looked at his daughter, his eyes showing the distrust he felt, but nodded. "Alright, Sweetheart," he said, giving in. "You remember what Daddy said about bad guys?"

Emily nodded when Kate put her on the ground. "Kick them right there," the little girl said, pointing to Drayke's crotch. Kyle grinned, looking like a very proud father. Meanwhile, Kate looked on disapprovingly. "That's right, baby," Kyle said, leaning down to kiss her forehead with a smacking kiss.

Alexander looked at his two sons, his expression indifferent and calm. But anyone who knew Alexander knew that he was never calm. It was front, and it meant he was boiling within. "Boys," he said, referring to them both as inferiors. He smirked a bit and put his hands in his pockets. "Ah, yes, well we know how much you love those trips to Russia...," Alexander murmured, "So much so, that you brought your little slut too. That's cute. Really. I am sure you two will make beautiful little children one day... Children that will never be safe from the world around them, because not only do they have the average people of the world looking down on them for being the heirs to such an unfortunate pair of people, but they will always have mob bosses, like myself, who will be after them simply for their value..." He gave Zane a fake pout. "Unfortunate, isn't it?"

Alexander crossed his arms over his chest. "I assume the two of you are here in order to show your faces, grow the fuck up, and tell me that you are going to betray me," he said, "And that's fine. Really. I have many, many plans under my sleeve for this kind of circumstances... You know how often it is that a son of a mob boss does this? Too often. I've known what I was going to do in this situation since before Jax was born. I have to. It's my insurance... However, I'm going to warn you. Being with me will be a lot safer for your health than being against me."

"Well then, it's a good thing I'm not one of the bad guys."Drayke teased the little girl looking amused as he lead them to the kitchen, picking up emily and settling her on the counter to help him cook as the siblings talked."Kate, no reason to look so disapproving. Whatever would zane say if you got wrinkles from frowning so hard."Drayke teased as he started making them all some grilled cheese.

Zane studied his father raising a eyebrow."Well, Dimitri has always preferred the company of beautiful women."he said looking amused as he studied his father, stepping closer, leaning against the bars as he sighed."I have no interest in having children, after all, they'd have the unforunate consquence of being related to you, and that would just be sad."He said rolling his eyes before the fake smile fell, the anger and pain showing on his fae."Is it really any surprise that I would rather be against you?But like you said, it would be better or my health to work with you..."He paused thinking about it, seriously. Biting his lip before glancing away."You'll leave kate, drayke and jax out of it?I'll accept whatever punishment you want."He said swallowing hard, because he realized he might have to make a deal with the devil to keep them all safe long enough for him to kill his father but...Swallowing hard he shuddered a little, not realizing his father had already set in motion the opening acts of this war, nd it wasn't going to end until one of them was six feet under.

Emily watched as Drayke made the sandwiches, kicking her legs back and forth. "You like my bow?" she asked her new friend tilting her head so he could see the pretty blue bow in her hair that matched her dress. "Momma got it. I don't see her a lot, but she gets my stuff." Kyle listened to his daughter, wincing a little at her words and letting out a sigh. Kate raised her eyebrows. "Kyle," she whispered, only for the adults to here, "I thought Candy said she was going to start coming to see her daughter more." Kyle reached up and rubbed his hand over his face, his age showing. "Well, she did. But you know how she is. She never shows up, and she's always out of town with one of her boyfriends." He leaned against the counter and looked down at his sister. "I hope you are not lying to me about how they treat you... I really hope not." He swallowed hard. Between Emily's mother (who was a one night stand who practically dropped Emily on his doorstep when she as a week old) and their selfish parents (their mother wallowing in alcohol in self pity, and their father obsessive over work) Emily and Kate were the only people he had. He was extremely protective.

Kate nodded, resting a hand on her brother's hand. "Kyle, I swear," she whispered, "You just... You have to try to see past the cliches of the situation, okay? Be open-minded."

"Open-minded! Jesus Christ, Kate, the man kidnapped you!" he snapped, "How the hell can that ever be okay?"

Kate was started to look frustrated. "He did not kidnap me. Alexander did. Zane saved me," she murmured, making Kyle frown.

Alexander tilted his head to the side. "Son, if you expect me to ever stand by while you play house with my enemies daughter, than you do not know me very well," he said, shaking his head. "Your brother is safe, and I don't give a shit about Drayke. He doesn't have a leg to stand on without me. Never has." Jax tensed at that, but pushed away the urge to argue. It wasn't the time. Not now.

"I tell you what," Alexander said, looking amused, "You send Miss Abernathy back home and never talk to her again, I'll leave her alone." He shrugged. "That's all I have. She's either out of you life or dead. Take your pick." He leaned against the bars, showing exactly how relaxed he was when talking about such matters. "Oh, don't kid yourself... You and I both know about that little child that could have been," he murmured quietly, a cruel smirk curling at the corners of his lips. "One of the maids tested your little slut's urine a month or so back. Came back positive, and I just knew that would not do. I'd never sit and watch such an unfortunate heir to be born. And we all know you aren't strong enough to take the matter into your own hands... So I sent my men in to deal with it and have some fun while they were at it." With that, Alexander took a step back and grinned. "You're welcome."

"I do like the bow.Very pretty."Drayke grinned smiled a little as he hnded her a plte of food before glancing t the siblings as they argued."Zane....Zane has his faults, but one of them isn't kidnapping. He's tken care of her because he likes her, and because it was the only option alexander left for him besides killing your father and her."Drayke sighed shaking his hed a little as emily ate."Whatever he ends up doing, he'll choose whats best for everyone."

Zane winced as he looked down, having expected something like that. It was only logical that his father would want this."Out of my life, and out of yours father.Fine. Kte's going home."Zane said turning to leave, needing away from his father before he killed him for that look on his face, his enjoyment of how much pain he'd caused his son."Thank you father, I will be sure to send you a thank you card for being a selfish bastard."he sighed though there was defeat and pain in his voice, because no matter what, he knew that he was going to have to send Kate away, hide her until he could figure out how to permanantly deal with his father, because he had no doubt the moment that he relaxed his father would betray him.

Two weeks later Drayke smiled slightly as he walked into Dimitri's office, looking forward to their lunch outing. With Zane returning sometime in the afternoon, there were some things that needed to be said. While the man didn't work in the office often, every couple weeks he did leave home to just check in. His company practically ran itself, which was good because Dimitri had been spending almost his whole time at home with the twins, despite having kate,kyle, and dryke there to help babysit. "Di-"Drayke stopped staring. He couldn't quite believe what he was seeing even as he moved to run over.

Crouching in front of the beaten man he gently tugged down the gag even as he searched for a pulse, relieved to feel one, even if it was weak. Feeling sickened at the amount of blood pooled under the chair Dimitri was tied to he worked at the knots even as he dialed the house on his cell."Alix, I need you to meet me at Dimitri's...yea he's hurt, I'm taking him there."He said hanging up even as he pulled Dimitri up, starting the long trek back to the man's house. When they got there he was relieved to notice that alysa was upstairs napping with the boys and emily."Help me kyle.He's heavy."He growled walking slowly and hard because he was feeling unbalanced with the taller heavier mobster."Kate,will you wait downstairs for the doctor?She should be here any minute."He said shifting his hold on the man as kyle helped him carry him, making their slow way up towards the bedroom.

meredith_2.jpg

Alix Petrovich hit the door at a run, panting softly as she looked around, trying to find the mobster and cop, before her eyes landed on Kate."Where is he?"She demanded not being polite in her fear for her best friend and brother. While it wasn't obvious right away, there was the slant to their eyes, the shape of their faces, that said that even if they weren't full siblings, the blond russian mobster and doctor were related. Looking to anxious to really wonder who this girl was the doctor was just glad that alysa was somewhere else, hopefully they could keep her from finding out dimitri was hurt until they had some good news.

Meanwhile 20,000 feet over the baltic sea Zane Lindstrom stared out the window, absently ignoring his brother as he tried to figure out exactly what he was going to do. While the last two weeks had been a mess of getting his father out of jail, of a silent war going on between the two, he hd come to the conclusion tht for now, the only thing to be done was walk away...so his father had given him the weekend to say goodbye and hide kate away from him, because he understood that his father probably wouldn't leave her alone as long as zane cared for her. So...he was sending her away. Turning his head a little wen he heard Jax shifting in his seat he sighed quietly."I'm sure Drayke'll be glad to see you.You know he's hated being stuck in Moscow."

Kate stood up, still feeling stunned (and a little sick) from the scene of Dimitri looking so beaten. It was extremely scary to know that the place they were all supposed to be so safe in was somehow broken into... "He's right up stairs, the room to the left," she said, but jogged up there along with Alix. When they got inside, Kyle was setting Dimitri on the bed in one of the guest rooms in order to not disturb Alysa. Dimitri was a big guy, but so was Kyle, and Kyle had spent the last fifteen years of his life working in construction. "Kate, will you go check on Em? She's napping in our room down the hall," Kyle murmured, not wanting to leave in case his assistance was needed again.

Jax let out a sigh, looking up from the magazine he was flipping through out of boredom. "I know he's pissed off, but he's safe. He can hate it all he wants to, but he's better off there with the others...," he said, then looked over to his brother. "You okay? You seems anxious... I figured you would me more excited to see Kate. I mean, there is her mean, fairly large brother at her side now... But Kate nonetheless." With that, he grinned with amusement in his eyes.

"What the hell happened drayke?"alix growled at her brothers friend as she started looking the mobster over."he said he was going into town this morning to get some work done,and asked if I wanted to meet up for lunch.when I went to pick him up, this is what I found."he said though there was worry in his goice as he paced there was a touch of relief, whatever happened, their safe house was still safe. Nos to just figure out what happened. Alix stepped back after a bit, though there was worry in her eyes there was also relief."while it looks bad, most of the unjuries are superficial. Its that skull fracture that worries me."she said frowning becauae despite his sometimes illegal activities, dimitri was muxh loved in moscow, by both the rich and poor.frowning she glanced at the two men."I assume there is a reason you're both here. What trouble has he gotten himself into?"

Zane glanced at his brother a small smile on his face before sighing."I expect drayke's going to make you pay for leaving him in moscow,even if it was good for him."he sighed a little before going back to looking out the window. Having avoided telling jax about his plan to leave kate!he knew the other was worried about him."kyle doesn't scare me. And I am glad to be seeing kate, I'm just thinking about home and mom."he deflected not wanting to tell his brother what was really bothering him.

Back
Top Bottom