Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Daily Grind Cafe

261n1py.jpg

Name:Jasper Donovan
Ring Name/Nickname:"The Technical Showman" Fearless
Attire:Blue Jeans, Black button up dress shirt with sleeves rolled up, Black biker boots, Dog Tags
Tagging:Kat

(Friday June 6, 2014; early morning)

"We can meet at the gym if you want seeing as you were going to come by anyway or I can meet up with you here what ever works for you hun" ,Jasper said in response with a smile. He was now more excited for the day then ever, Jasper always liked training and now he was going to be going out with Kat for dinner. Just then he had a thought, "How about we go to the dance studio afterwards maybe you could show me some moves" ,he suggested. He wanted to do things that she liked to do, Jasper liked Kat and wanted to do things with her that she loved to do.

When Todd came over and asked for their orders, Jasper gave him a fake smile, "I'll have the same tea as Kat it sounds absolutely fantastic and for food I'll have the steak, egg, and cheese bagel, and some hashbrowns as well I need to eat a good filling breakfast before training" ,Jasper stated.

2w3rmzl.jpg

Name: Katherine Jennings
Ring Name/Nickname: Kat
Attire: White three-quarter sleeve blouse, black skirt, black shoes
Tagging: Anyone; Jasper

Todd returned Jasper's fake smile and scribbled down the order. And though he was unhappy, it was clear he was a bit intimidated as well. He then looked over at Kat. "Same tea as this one?" he stated, more than asked. "And to eat?" His eyes just stared at her, unblinking.

"Yes, the same tea, thank you. And I'll have a sesame bagel with veggie cream cheese. I'll also have a cup of the creamy tomato." Kat's eyes didn't once look up to Todd. Instead, she looked over at Jasper and smiled at him. "The soup is really good. You'll have to try a taste," she suggested.

"That it?" Todd asked, interrupting Kat.

"That's it," Kat answered, her eyes staying fixed on Jasper until she noticed Todd finally walk away. "And that sounds perfect, Jasper. I'll come by the gym as soon as I'm done. Depending on where you are in your schedule, I might put some time in at the studio. Otherwise, you might have a fan watching you for a bit." She giggled a little. "And I'd love to show you some moves at the studio after dinner. That would be fun. I'd really like that."

261n1py.jpg

Attire:Blue Jeans, Black button up dress shirt with sleeves rolled up, Black biker boots, Dog Tags

When Kat mentioned the soup and how Jasper had to try some he smiled, "If you say it's good then I definitely have to try it" ,Jasper stated. He ignored the fact that Todd had interrupted her in fact he ignored the man completely after ordering his food, not wanting to let the jerk get to him.

When Kat agreed with Jasper's suggestion he smiled happy that she liked the idea, "Awesome hey if you're at the training early enough maybe I can show you some of my moves" ,he stated jokingly.

2w3rmzl.jpg

Kat giggled and blushed a bit. "Hrmm... I don't think I'd mind that," she teased back playfully. "And I'll definitely be by as soon as I'm able." She leaned in a bit closer, resting against Jasper ever so slightly. "I'd like to see where you train and what you do to get ready and everything."

Just then, Todd approached and set down their teas. The man didn't say a word. He just gave them both a look and walked away.

261n1py.jpg

Jasper smiled when Kat said she'd like to see where he trained and what he did to get ready, it was nice to know she cared about that stuff. When Todd put the tea on the table then gave them a look Jasper ignored him again and just kept his focus on Kat. "You'll get to see just how brutal it can be training with Diesel the guy don't let you slack at all" ,Jasper stated with a small laugh. "I can't wait for later though I think we'll have a great time".

2w3rmzl.jpg

Kat looked up at Jasper and smiled, her one hand reaching for her tea. "I'm excited to see what you do, Jasper. And I'm excited for later as well." She took a sip of her tea and giggled a little. "It'll be a lot of fun. I already know we'll have a wonderful time. I enjoyed last night immensely," she said.

Todd walked over yet again, still eyeing them both as he set down their food. Kat ignored him completely, her sole focus... Jasper.

261n1py.jpg

Jasper took a sip from his tea and smiled, "You're right that is good stuff" ,he stated. He was happy Kat was also excited to go out with him later on and he couldn't wait. "I enjoyed last night as well I haven't had fun like that in a very long time" ,Jasper admitted. When Todd brought over their food Jasper could tell he was still eying them but he continued to ignore the man.

2w3rmzl.jpg

"I'm glad you like the tea. It's one of my favorites," Kat said with a smile. "Now you have to try the soup." She giggled as she picked up her spoon and filled it up. She brought it to her lips and blew on it so as to cool it off a little. "Okay, now... open up," she said, giggling a little more and holding the spoon up for Jasper to try some.

261n1py.jpg

"I can see why it's your favorite it's great" ,Jasper stated. When Kat mentioned he had to try the soup he nodded in agreement then watched as she put some onto the spoon and blew on it to cool it off, he thought it was sweet of her. He accepted the spoonful then smiled, "That's great too Kat you've definitely got great taste in food" ,he stated.

2w3rmzl.jpg

Kat smiled. She was glad Jasper liked both the tea and the soup and she was glad, overall, just to be spending some time with him before her shift started. She knew her time would be starting soon and she was dreading it--dreading that she'd have to deal with Todd by herself, hating the fact that she had to cut her time so short with Jasper at all. But, at least she had 'later' to look forward to and that would help tremendously. After taking another sip of tea and then a bite of bagel, she looked up at him and asked, "How's your food? Good, I hope." Still smiling, she nuzzled closer and ate a bit more. She knew Todd was counting down the minutes. As she finished up, she pouted a little. "I'm coming to realize I really dislike saying goodbye to you," she said, setting her cup of tea down, sad to see that it was empty.

261n1py.jpg

"It's very good Kat and I'm glad I came this morning I'm having a great time" ,Jasper stated in response. When she told him she disliked saying good bye to him he sighed, "Don't feel bad I dislike saying goodbye to you as well" ,he admitted. When he finished his food and his tea he looked at Kat and gave her a sad face, "I hate to say this but I probably should get to the gym before Diesel comes looking for me".

2w3rmzl.jpg

Kat nodded. "I know. You go and do your thing. I have to start my shift in a few minutes and I can feel Todd counting down the second over there." She let out a tiny sigh. "But, we have later to look forward to and that'll get me through the day," she said, her face brightening a little. "So, until then?" she asked, looking at him with bright and hopeful eyes.

261n1py.jpg

Jasper stood up and helped Kat to her feet he then looked over at Todd giving him a look that told him to leave Kat alone or there would be trouble for him. He then looked back at Kat, "Text me if you have any problems today alright" ,Jasper stated. He clearly meant with her boss, "I hate having to leave but like last night I'll leave you with a kiss" ,he stated before kissing her softly. When he pulled away he frowned playfully, "I can't wait until later I just hate being away from you for so long" ,he stated. Jasper gave Todd one more look before making his way out of the diner and toward the gym.

(Exits to school of Hard Knocks)

2w3rmzl.jpg

Kat knew she wouldn't hesitate to text Jasper if things got too out of hand with Todd. Plus, she also knew she could run across the way to the pub if things got really bad and she had to make a quick exit. Looking up into Jasper's eyes, she smiled and nodded and when he kissed her, she let out a sigh of pure contentment. "Can't wait until later either," she said, giving him a playful pout that he had to leave her. "Until then." She watched him as he walked out, her thoughts focusing on later, but as he moved out of sight, she could feel Todd's gaze growing stronger and the chills she felt made her blood run cold. Yes... it was going to be a long day.

2w3rmzl.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Todd

29f7amv.jpg

Name: Todd Vance
Short Description: Manager of the Daily Grind Cafe; tries to come off as suave, but is a complete and total sleaze ball, passive-aggressive, arrogant, demanding.
Tagging: Kat

(Friday June 6, 2014; later morning)

The morning was going by rather slowly for Kat since not many people were stopping in to the cafe for some reason. It made her long for her shift to end all the more and it made the time with Todd all the more unbearable. Todd was constantly looking over her shoulder at everything that she did. Finding reasons to touch her, brush against her. At one point, she very nearly texted Jasper, but she so desperately didn't want to bother him, not if she didn't need to. But when Todd came up to her while she was making a cappucino and deliberately grabbed her ass, leaving his hand there for far too long knowing damn well she couldn't move until she was finished making the beverage...

"Todd," Kat said, her voice a whisper.

"Yes, Kat? Is there a problem?" Todd asked her.

"You know there is," she answered.

"As a matter of fact, I don't. In all honestly, I'd say things are quite perfect. I'd rate it a ten."

Oh, that had been it. Kat knew she had to do something after that and she was starting to have a pretty good idea as to what that was.

rk09iw.jpg

Name: Julius Anthony Chen
Ring Name/Nickname: J.A.
Attire: Leather Jacker, Anthax Logo Shirt, Distressed pants, Lacoste Shoes, Rayban glasses.
Tagging: Kat, Anyone

The moment he entered the establishment, he already recognized her. "So she does work at a cafe." He went straight to one of the empty chairs, whipping out his phone, double checking the picture. He waited for her to come but it seems that she's busy with someone, and from the looks of it, it might take awhile. J.A. knew how precious time is.

"Excuse me? You have a customer here." He said, drumming his fingers on the table.

2w3rmzl.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; JA

Kat felt a wave of relief when she heard the voice of an anxious customer call out. "Gotta go, Todd," she said as she finished up with the cappucino and walked away. The giddiness she felt at getting away from that vile beast was almost exhilarating. Taking a deep breath, she walked from around the counter and set the beverage down on the table for the person who'd ordered the drink and then walked over to the man drumming his fingers on the table. "Can I help you, sir?" she asked him, smiling politely while also handing him a menu.

rk09iw.jpg

Attire: Leather Jacker, Anthax Logo Shirt, Distressed pants, Lacoste Shoes, Rayban glasses.

J.A. flashed a bright smile. Finally, he met the Champ's new found princess. He still needs confirmation. "I'm pretty hungry actually, I guess I'll have a medium Colombian with a tad bit of creamer and 3 Splendas. I'll also get an egg and cheese croissant." He paused. "Will the order take awhile?"

2w3rmzl.jpg

Kat smiled at the man and shook her head. "No it shouldn't take overly long," she said in a relatively cheerful tone. She was very glad to have a customer there. It meant she could keep busy and stay far away from Todd for a while, though she could still feel her boss' eyes watching her, making her shiver slightly. How she hated her boss. "And your coffee will be right up."

rk09iw.jpg

"Thank you." he said to Kat as she heads toward the counter to make the coffee. He took a quick glance at Todd. J.A. has a hunch that he's a douche bag just from his looks alone. He can't be sure but soon he'll know.

Upon the arrival of his cup of coffee, he looked straight into Kat's eyes before glancing back at Todd. "Would you mind spending some of your precious minutes with a patron? I just have some few inquiries. I guess you wouldn't mind. If someone comes in, I'll let you go, unlike that guy over there?" He means Todd.

2w3rmzl.jpg

Kat had to giggle at the man's comment regarding Todd. It was an insult to say the least so she couldn't help herself. The guy deserved it and then some he was just that vile. "Well, all right. What can I help you with?" she asked as she brushed some of her hair over her shoulder.

rk09iw.jpg

"Why thank you for your precious time." He gestured for her to sit down in front of him. He smiled at her and went straight to business. "Jasper Donovan? It seems someone has melted the giant's heart." His cellphone recorder, already running as usual.

2w3rmzl.jpg

Kat hesitantly sat down knowing that Todd was watching her. When the man suddenly brought up Jasper's name she tilted her head and blinked. What was he getting at? She was taken so off guard by his statement. Did Jasper even want such personal things to become so public, did he care, did it matter? She didn't know... "I..." she stammered. "Maybe you should talk to Jasper," she suggested. "He knows his own heart best," she finally said, her cheeks blushing a bright red as she spoke.

rk09iw.jpg

J.A. smiled at her, his fingers slapping his thigh as he straightened up. "That's all I need to know." He then took a sip from his cup before continuing. "Just a word of advice, if you don't wan't to go public, you better not go to public places, being" He chuckled, remembering Julia's words again for the second time. "so friendly" His hands doing the qoute/unqoute gesture. "with each other." He laughed. "You do know who Ryan is right? I'd be more concerned about him than that man whose been looking at us since you sat here with me." He glanced at Todd, smiling at him. Drumming his fingers on the table again, he asked her for the Croissant. He's pretty hungry by now.

2w3rmzl.jpg

Kat frowned a little as she stood up. This was definitely something she'd have to discuss with Jasper about later on when she saw him. It had taken her off guard to be certain and she hadn't been sure how to handle it or what to say... if it mattered. She had only just met Jasper the night before, things were so new between them and she didn't want to destroy things when they felt so right and wonderful, so perfect. In that moment she wanted to cry, but she knew she couldn't. She'd just have to wait out her shift and talk to Jasper later... this was something that only the two of them should be discussing.

Nodding, Kat looked at the man. "I've heard of Ryan. You can quote me on this, if you'd like. Rumor has it he's the town asshole," she said with a small smile. She figured that little tidbit of gossip would be enough to cause a stir. And at that, she went to go get him his croissant all the while trying her best to stay away from Todd.

Back
Top Bottom