Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Daily Grind Cafe

AlphaWolfQuin

Pulsar
293ilah.jpg
\
Daily Grind Cafe

wgp4y8.jpg

Name: Cassandra Price
Ring Name/Nickname: Cassie
Attire: Pink cami tank, beige capris, wedged espadrilles.
Tagging: Anyone; Taka, Kevin

As Kevin pulled into the parking lot for the Daily Grind, Cassie pointed to the place and smiled. "There it is," she said. "Looks like it should be quiet enough. Doesn't seem like very many are here. Looks like they're all over at the pub across the way." She grinned at both Taka and Kevin as the car came to a stop. Letting out a happy sigh, she took off her seatbelt and opened the door and got out, waiting for both men so that they could go into the cafe together.

kelly-clarkson.jpg

Name:Sally carter
ring name /nickname:none
Attire:a faded back shirt with faded blue jeans with black sneakers that are getting holes in them.
Tagging:anyone
Sally walked in to get a bite to eat after changing out of her faded stuff. She was now in a black sports top and black tight sports shorts and black running shoes. she went out to jog and listening to her Ipod. She then sat down at a table in the cafe and ordered some fires and a small sandwich and Dr.pepper.

35kv1wx.jpg

Name: Manabu Takamura
Ring Name/Nickname: Takamura, Taka
Attire: White sweatshirt with the Team Japan logo, jeans, oldschool converse all-stars
Tagging: Kevin, Cassie, Sally, Anyone.

Taka ordered a black decaf and insisted that the clerk put Splenda on it. No exceptions.

"Ah, finally, a good place to converse." He said to his friends. He initiated the conversation. "So Cassie, do you think they have apartment units near your house? I mean, since we are getting along pretty well, why not stick together? Maybe I can cook sushi one night and deliver some to your places. Right?" He also reminded Kevin to look for a nearby electronic store. "Yes, use your phone. You are good with searching places. We need TV." Taka was having a blast. He didn't expected his first night in America to be like this.

After a few minutes of chatting, something popped into his mind. "Gym!! We definitely need that." He said to them. "Kevin, browse in your phone. Look for.." He stopped as he noticed someone in one the tables. "Wait Kevin, I think there is a faster way than that." He excused himself from his friends.

Being a natural extrovert, Taka didn't think twice when he stood up, walking towards the girl eating sandwich.

"Excuse me miss. It seems to me that you went to the gym because you are sweating and you are wearing sports clothing." He flashed his trademark smile. "I am a wrestler. Me and my friends are new here. I assume you are a local? I am Takamura. Japanese Champion! Me and my friends are looking for a gym. I'm sure you just came from one."

Posting as Sally
Sally pulled out her head phones and wiped her mouth. "A gym sorry can't help there I only been here a month and Iam sweating cause I jogged here from the hotel here maybe they have one". She never really knew cause she did not hang there.

331qaeg.jpg

Name: Jessie Johnson
Ring Name/Nickname: Cool Dude
Attire: Tie die t-shirt , ripped jeans with hippie designs painted onto them
Tagging: none/all

Cool dude still strolling along dancing came up to the Cafe and giggled a little as he walked up to the building and thrust the doors upon and yelled at the top of his lungs "There's a troll in the dungeon ," he took a breath "just thought you should know" he turned around and promptly walked back out and continued to laugh as he headed down the road singing "follow the yellow brick road" disappearing into the night just as quickly as he had come out of it. Time for cool dude to call it a night he figured and headed to the arena parking lot.
(exit to parking lot)

j9vp74.jpg

Name:Kevin Shaw
Ring Name/Nickname:"The Sensation" Kevin Shaw
Attire:Blue Jeans, Tight white T-Shirt, White sneakers, Gold chain necklace, Pink and white sunglasses
Tagging:Taka, Cassie, Anyone

When Taka mentioned making sushi Kevin lit up, "That would be awesome I love sushi it's one of my favorite foods no lie and it's so good for you hey maybe I can make you one of my health shakes it's like a natural energy drink and antioxidant all in one they're delicious too I learned the recipe from one of my trainers" ,Kevin stated excitedly. He was thoroughly enjoying himself and was glad he had met both Cassie and Taka. Kevin ordered some green iced tea with honey and lemon along with a small biscuit with egg and ham but no cheese, he was hungry and seeing as he was eating the bread he didn't want to add the extra calories with the cheese.

He looked up an electronics store after Taka had asked him to and found one that was in the same plaza as the supermarket. He watched as the man went over to the woman and asked about a gym and when the woman answered Kevin immediately got to work on finding one and after a little while he did. Sunny Hill Gym/School of Hard Knocks Wrestling School was the name of it he smiled realizing it was the perfect place for them to work out. His attention was broken by a guy with a painted face bursting through the doors of the cafe, at first he looked confused thinking the guy was angry or crazy but when he quoted Harry Potter Kevin nearly jumped out of his seat in excitement, "I....dude....that....that...WAS FREAKING AWESOME! Who was that guy, this town is freaking great" ,Kevin exclaimed. He was a complete Harry Potter nut and wasn't afraid to show it no matter who was around.

He turned to Cassie then looked at Taka and the woman at the table then the clerk, "Sorry guys but Harry Potter is the best book series ever made in my opinion, yeah yeah the meat head likes to read shocker right" ,Kevin said with a smile to let everyone know he was joking a bit and that he was sorry for shouting but he couldn't help it after hearing the reference.

wgp4y8.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Taka, Kevin; sees Sally, Jessie

Cassie ordered herself a cup of green tea infused with pomegranate. Not being overly hungry, she held off on anything else and just stuck to the tea. Suddenly the door opened and there stood a guy dressed in what appeared to be decades old inspired outfit. When he shouted out and laughed, she couldn't help but laugh as well and when Kevin joined in the laughter and cited the quote she clapped and muttered, "Yes!" It was fantastic to meet another fan of the Harry Potter series. It was one of her favorites and had gotten her through her harder times as a kid. It was nice to know she now had friends who were also fans. "Another fan!" She giggled again and got the sense that Kevin was definitely going to be like the big brother she never had. She liked that and it definitely made her not feel so alone, especially being so new. She then looked over at Taka. "And sushi would be excellent. I like it as well. I have a strange liking for natto hand rolls actually among other things," she said with a smile. "But I like quite a lot of different sushi."

35kv1wx.jpg

Attire: White sweatshirt with the Team Japan logo, jeans, oldschool converse all-stars

"Oh, well, anyway, please watch TV Ok? You'll see me there and you see that muscular guy over there? He's a wrestler too! I don't know which channel yet but just look for A.W.O.L. I am sorry for the disturbance." He gave Sally a bow and excused himself. He was about to return to their seats when this hippy guy came crashing by. He actually find the incident kind of funny.

Sitting with his friends, he told them that even though he's new here, it kind of feels like home. In a way, it's easy to approach people. Everyone is willing to converse and listen. He told them that before leaving Japan, his greatest worry was homesickness. Not only will he leave his family behind, but the millions of fans too cheering for him. Now, he feels that people would cheer for him too even if he's new. As for the Harry Potter reference, he said that he doesn't really have any idea about it. He did, however remember one of his friends saying that a man named Daniel from Harry Potter is cute.

"I will cook sushi, I promise! Once I get my apartment! You text or email me what kind you like, I am really good! I Promise you'll like it."

kelly-clarkson.jpg

Attire:a faded back shirt with faded blue jeans with black sneakers that are getting holes in them.
Tagging:tagging
Sally nodded her head saying "okay I never watched wrestling before but I promise to watch it ". she then went back to eating till a guy came running in talking about a troll lose in the dungeons. she laughed a little thinking about the movies she saw. she never read any of the potter books but she had seen the movies. She put back in her head phones and started to listen to the music again. She then got up and went over to the counter and paid for her meal and then walked over to the wrestler that talked to her and said "hey you got a nick name i can call you your name is a bit long and I do not know how to pronounce Japanese names".

35kv1wx.jpg

He looked over his shoulder and saw the girl he spoke to earlier. He was just talking about fans and it seems he made a new one already.

"Ta-Ka." He said, syllabicating his name while smiling at her. "I know Japanese names sounds weird to Americans. Sorry." He laughed at himself for saying that. "But yes, it's Taka. Thank you for asking miss. What is your name if you don't mind? Who knows, if they interview me, I'll greet you on TV." He said enthusiastically.

kelly-clarkson.jpg

Tagging:anyone
Sally smiled and said "nice to meet you Taka and the name is Sally and sense your being so sweet I will let others i run into know who one of the new wrestlers are". she then waved to the three saying "it was nice to meet you all but I best be on my way back to the hotel".

35kv1wx.jpg

"Oh the hotel! We are also heading there too after this. What a coincidence. Maybe we'll see you again tomorrow morning at the lobby, by chance. It was so nice to meet you Sally." Something then registered into Taka's mind. "I hope you don't mind, you've been here for a month right? Do you also live on the Apartment Complex? We, me and Kevin, are planning to get units there. Anyway, who are you visiting at the hotel? Did your family visited you?"

Posting as Sally
"You might see me in the loby some time and no I live in the hotel no family here saving up money to get a apartment". She felt a little sad when he asked about family but she pushed it aside.

wgp4y8.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Taka, Kevin; sees Sally

Cassie just sat there quietly sipping her tea while Taka talked to the girl sitting across the way and Kevin ate his food. Her tea tasted delicious and was definitely one of her favorites, but she loved teas in general. As she continued to sip at it, she wondered if she'd ever be able to find employment in Sunny Hill. She was happy for her newfound friends in that they both seemed set in that regard and probably wouldn't want for anything. She'd been looking for a job the past few days, but with no luck on that front. Not yet anyway. But then again, she'd only been in the area for about a week. So she was trying to stay optimistic. It was just hard given the last words she'd taken with her... those hurtful words that stung like the deepest of wounds...

Pity-case.

Was she really that pitiful? Her new friends definitely didn't make her feel that way. But then, Cassie had only just met them. Even still, the vibe she got from both Taka and Kevin was much different from the one her ex had ever made her feel after he revealed his true colors about six months back. God she'd been so stupid...

Blinking, Cassie sipped more of her tea. She glanced over at Taka and then over at Kevin. She really hoped she could find a job soon. She was really liking Sunny Hill. And she really hoped she could stay and not end up homeless.

j9vp74.jpg

Attire:Blue Jeans, Tight white T-Shirt, White sneakers, Gold chain necklace, Pink and white sunglasses

Kevin listened and watched as everything went on, he sipped his tea slowly enjoying it. After he finished his food he looked to Cassie, "So you like Harry Potter too huh? At first I was a little hesitant to read the books, my friend kept pushing them on me and one day I picked one up and began reading it then couldn't put it down, I've been a huge fan ever since" ,he stated trying to make conversation.

35kv1wx.jpg

For someone like Taka, it's hard not to notice when something is wrong. "Oh, ok that would be fun!" He said to Sally, trying to steer away the conversation from family. "I'm sure if you work hard enough and stay dedicated to your work, you'll be successful! Everyone has to start somewhere and everyone has a chance to make their dreams come true." Said Taka, sounding like a motivational speaker now.

He noticed that Kevin and Cassie are getting along pretty well. He's glad that Cassie's feeling better now, especially after what just happened earlier. Still, he knows that she'll open up more once she warms up to them.

Posting as Sally
Sally perked up saying "I know it well hard work always pays off and I tell myself I van do it". She blushed a bit and giggled at how this Guy seemed to read her so well. She then said "well got to run see you around the hotel". She put her head phones back in and left.
(Exit to hotel)

35kv1wx.jpg

Tagging: Kevin, Cassie, Anyone.

Taka gave Sally a big wave as she sprints out of the cafe. Seeing that Kevin is trying to have some Harry Potter talk with Cassie, he didn't bother disturbing them. Just then, his phone vibrated. He pulled out his phone and read the newly arrived email. It was from his agent. It said that Taka should look forward to seeing a lot of fans there at A.W.O.L. Apparently, a locally based website has struck a sponsorship deal with some Japanese companies. This website said that it will bridge the gap between the Japanese and American fans. The reaction from the American fans about him moving to A.W.O.L were highly favorable. As an added bonus, the site will now have a Japanese mirror-site, this feature will attract more Japanese fans and give them a view on the wrestling scene in the U.S.

Taka was so pleased with this news. He wondered who owns this locally based website, if he lives nearby, he wants to thank him in person for spreading his name.

wgp4y8.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Taka, Kevin; sees Sally

Cassie smiled at Kevin. "I love the books. The movies too," she said. "They got me through some hard times as a kid," she then admitted, her voice going a bit softer. "They always managed to brighten my mood and bring a smile to my face. My favorite book of all of them was the fourth, but I loved them all." She smiled then and took a sip of her tea. "Nice to come across another fan." She noticed that Taka had gone a bit quiet on the subject so she giggled a little. "I think we might have to convince Taka here to read them. Make him a fan." She smiled a little more and took another sip of her tea.

j9vp74.jpg

"Yeah I hear ya on that I had some rough times as a kid too and reading was an outlet that and working out" ,Kevin said in response. He too noticed that Taka went quiet and when Cassie mentioned making him a fan too Kevin smiled, "We should convince him to read them I have all the books and movies I also have the books on audio on my ipod for when I feel like listening to them while driving long distances" ,Kevin told Taka. "You're more then welcome to borrow any of them if you want".

35kv1wx.jpg

"That would be great. I'll try but it will take awhile. I'm slow when reading in English. But it's going to be good practice for me." He nodded at the two of them. "After I move out of the hotel, I'll go and try to read English books on my spare time! I'll also read while doing Cardio at the gym." He paused before eagerly showing them his phone.

On it, was an article about the rumored rookies at A.W.O.L. Takamura also pointed out some old pictures of him wrestling in Japan. He also recognized a younger, a bit smaller Kevin, wrestling in front of a small number, but cheering fans.

"Look Kevin, I think that's you!!" He then nodded at Cassie, fishing for her approval.

wgp4y8.jpg

Cassie smiled. "Oh, the audiobooks! That's a great idea! Taka, you could maybe borrow Kevin's audios and use them along with the print books," she said. She thought it a great idea of Kevin's that Taka use the audio books in conjunction with the reading. It would help him with his reading and his English, she figured. A win all around. When Taka then showed her the article and pictures on his phone, she quirked a brow in surprise. "Oh my goodness," she said and smiled at both men. "Looks like you'll both receive some warm welcomes here in Sunny Hill then once you go to A.W.O.L then. That's wonderful."

35kv1wx.jpg

"It's a win for all of us, look at this cassie." He then clicked the a link on top of the page. A new window popped up. It's an important announcement from the site.

JACwrestling.com.chen is hiring
Qualifications:
Loves to read and write
Knows how to use a computer. PC or Mac or whatever.
Doesn't bitch about working long hours
Lives at Sunny Hill, Preferably at the Apt Complex
Loves Wrestling
100% Woman

Interested parties please call this number.

Taka beamed at Cassie. "It's an oppurtunity! Call them!" He then looked at Kevin. "Yes, I'll borrow those audiobooks too." He looked back at Cassie. "Call them when you get home!"

wgp4y8.jpg

Cassie felt her cheeks go a bit red when Taka showed her the listing for the job opportunity. She definitely fit all the qualifications, though she worried about her lack of education. Would she even remotely be considered? She wasn't sure. But then again, what harm was there in finding out. There was nothing stating she needed a degree in English or Journalism, so... Biting down on her lip, she took out her phone and swallowed hard and dialed the number to see if she could make an appointment in regards to the job listing. As the phone rang, she hoped she wasn't calling too late. The last thing she wanted to do was make a bad impression straight off.

Back
Top Bottom